MY Own and Many Styles

Guest Cutie*Songstress

Guest Cutie*Songstress

this makes me wonder, do you really want to improve or not?

because honestly, you have weaknesses in your singing. you may not realize it, your friends won't tell it to your face because they don't want to "hurt" your feelings. but we, on the other hand, tell you your weaknesses to make you a better singer. now i'm not saying i agree with some comments in this thread or the other one you have. but please, you've got to be more open minded about your singing skills. when you described your singing as "effortless," and when i listened to your singing, i did not think it was effortless at all. you have strengths and weaknesses. please accept it. if you're in a sea of compliments, you'll never improve. and i see a lot of people supporting you. so i dont see what the problem is. there's really seriously honestly only one person i see that isn't completely fond of your singing skills.

girl, learn to appreciate.

I do need to improve, I'm not perfect and I know that. And my frens aren't like that...u don't know them. They are amazed that I can even sing! It's a blessing, not a curse. And my frens love my voice. They actually request songs from me...I never expected that. Don't act like everyone has the same oppinion about my voice that U do. U need to be more open-minded and stop judging what everyone else thinks. Let them speak for themselves

Umm..okay. Well, do all different styles. Don't just stick to what you've already done. Then you'll find out what really suits you. You never know, it might not be what you think ;)

I'm still figuring out what I can sing myself XD

Hee-hee! cool! n_n And I feel most comfy singing KK songs...just how I feel XD

Guest PockyUpNose

I do need to improve, I'm not perfect and I know that. And my frens aren't like that...u don't know them. They are amazed that I can even sing! It's a blessing, not a curse. And my frens love my voice. They actually request songs from me...I never expected that. Don't act like everyone has the same oppinion about my voice that U do. U need to be more open-minded and stop judging what everyone else thinks. Let them speak for themselves

so u jus wanna play gods to your friends XD..........ic.....well....i guess....if u like it dat way...sure haf fun

Guest Cutie*Songstress

I don't know what u mean. =S And I was just stating that my frens appreciate my singing...not that they're 'afraid to hurt my feelings' like NAN stated.

first of all, i did not "ACT like everyone has the same opinion about your voice that i do." second, how am i not open-minded about "what everyone else thinks?" i said, i do not agree with some of the comments here, but i'm not speaking that they're wrong or that i don't accept it, and i am letting others speaking for themselves.

as i recall, i have stated that i think you are a great singer, and i also noted that you have your weaknesses. it's good to know that you want to improve, and everyone on soompi is just trying to help you. we compliment on your strengths, and at the same time, we point out the weaknesses, do we not?

as a singer, you have great potential. beautiful vibratto, strong vocals, pretty voice. as a person, please just try to say (now, i'm not telling you to say it, but it would be nice if you did) a simple "thank you" to comments and critiques and compliments. it will honestly make your threads less dramatic, if i may use that word. hahaha :lol:

edit*

since you said you don't know what else to sing, well i'd like to request a song.

BoA* - Moon & Sunrise

one of my all time favorites. doesn't matter if in japanese or korean. thanks. :)

First off...I thought I'd never post in anything you posted again. Guess I was wrong. I dunno if you know it, but your thread has caused a bit of tension between various soompiers (I won't states names, but I'm one of them)and I'm wondering if what I post might make it worse. Blegh.

Let's see...what should I say first...

Ok. Yes. You do need to improve. EVERYONE needs to improve. Even "famous" singers like Kumi and Ayu. Please keep in mind that Koda wasn't really popular or famous until FFX-2 came out. It kind of saved her career, if you know what I'm saying. Moving along...

Yes. You're not perfect and it's good that you know that. But for some reason, when you start posting and it's like "I'm amazing" "I'm unique" "Yadda, yadda, yadda[iNSERT WHATEVER YOU'D SAY HERE]" it doesn't seem like you have ANY humility at all. As I recall, in backstage shows with Ayu and Koda, I've never heard them going on about how "special" they are. If anything, they're always striving to better themselves. "They" still think that they're not the best that they can be. This is the reason why singers/musicians spend HOURS in the studio, doing and redoing the stuff that they just did. (this I know, because I'm like that too with our band)

Yes. Of course your friends are surprised that you can sing. MY friends are surprised that I can sing. I'm sure that LISA'S aka Fantasiimaker's friends are surprised that she can sing. And so on and so on[add Sou, Hmaster, Juki, Maja, Nan...ok, I'm just going to stop because I'll never be able to finish]. Quite frankly, anyone is surprised when anyone sings (did that even make any sense?). It's not like people who can sing walk around with a sign around their neck that says "Hey, look at me! I can sing!" Also, you should consider the fact that, technically, ANYONE can SING. It's just a matter of their techical ability of whether they can sing "well". And another thing, what may sound good to one person, won't nessacarily[sp!] sound good to another person. EX: People in this forum love your voice. People in the Pantera forums are most likely going to track you down and then...I dunno...burn your house down or something. Ok..the example was a joke. But I'm just saying, just because some people say that you're good doesn't REALLY mean you are. It's just a matter of taste and preference.

And of course, your friends would request songs. My friends requests song from me too. Even total strangers request songs. It's not such a big thing.

You said ----> "Don't act like everyone has the same oppinion[sp] about my voice that U do. U need to be more open-minded and stop judging what everyone else thinks. Let them speak for themselves."

You said the above to NAN. Now, I don't know if you're aware of it, but NAN was the one who stood up for you in the first place. It's like the case of the rabid dog biting the hand that tries to save it. That wasn't very wise or tactful of you. And another thing....

"Let them speak for themselves." <-- That is what you said. Unfortunately, we spoke for ourselves and what did you literally say? "Dude, get lost and don't post in my topic." Now THAT is just plain rude. This is an open forum and we ARE entitled to OUR opinions, whether you like it OR not. If you didn't want to hear stuff that made you feel "bad", then you should have stated it clearly in your opening post, for example "Please only post optimistic posts" or something else to that effect.

Now, I believe that I am being rather nice to you right now. I have not said that you are self-centered, egotistical, vain, whatever, because I'm sure that it will just send you into paraxyms of tears, although it is becoming more and more obvious through every post that you post on this forum. You have [i believe] insulted quite a few people who have tried to help you. This is a forum where we help each other through critiques and too bad for you, you can't seem to get a grip.

So tell you what. Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get the hell over it.

[/rant]

I know...=) I'm just tired of posting my singing on forums, u know? Whenever I do, I get more critism than I do compliments...gets old after awhile...and I'm tired of it...if I'm gonna record a song, I'll just let my friends hear...they're the only ones who really appreciate it anyway.

And other thing.

"I get more critism than I do compliments...gets old after awhile...and I'm tired of it" You said.

I say...Yeah right. You got a full 3 pages of compliments before I moved in on you and said things that should've been said. Gets old after a while? I'm so sure. Let's see....34 compliments<7 somewhat constructive criticism. Face the facts, it's not the fact that you're tired of it. It's the fact that you can't stand having your ego "battered into the ground" shall we say.

"I'll just let my friends hear...they're the only ones who really appreciate it anyway. "

They don't really appreciate if they can't say anything that will make you a better singer/person.

Guest hmaster

As a member of the worldwide hip hop movement, I am no stranger to imitation. but you push it.

First of all you flaunt your "effortless" singing. Okay so your singing may be flawless but your mixing isn't. I think when Jihye mentioned in her farewell shoutout to me about "singing isn't just getting in front of a microphone" I think she was talking about this. Projecting frequencies into a capture device is nowhere near the BEGINNING of this thing we like to call music-making.

There is no way I can even begin to tell how flawless your singing is without quality on par with some of the middle level mixers on this site.

You're presenting to me a "listening experience" that isn't at all pleasurable. It's good. but it's nothing i want to listen to again and again.

Sorry to be hard, honey.

Secondly...on any given hip hop forum any newjack who posts with stuff like "I'm the (censored) yo you're (censored) whack, get the (censored) out" without the skills to back it up gets instantly run off the site and banned.

So you're not the only person to feel the burn.

You say your friends give you nothing but the good stuff when talking about your songs, and request songs from. Guess what, honey, I've battled rappers, performed with and done tracks with rappers who are in exactly the same position you're in. It's only on the playback of the track that people realise I dropped the better verse. You may think you're good alone...but be real and put yourself against some of the talent we have here.

I hate to be mean or evil, or whatever. In my opinion you are no where near some of the people who have here.

read.

Not.On.Their.Level.

I was quite impressed with your level of imitation stylewise. But that impressive feeling has quickly gone down the drain. Here you are, turning down, ignoring CONSTRUCTIVE feedback (read, feedback, NOT criticism.) from people who are better than you. If I received any sort of feedback from those people I'd be jumping up and down at the chance to receive some decent qualified reviews from them. Are you crazy? By posting at a forum like this you are signing an unspoken agreement for people to review your work.

Insults are not wanted, true. But there has not been a single insult levelled at your way until you blatently disregarded all forms of criticism and only chose to focus on the positives.

I'm not going to write anymore. you've wasted enough of my time as it is.

I used to think you were okay. but my opinion of you has dropped considerably since then.

EDIT:

I never comment on people's singing, because I can't sing. But I have already commented on so much more than your singing, maybe now you should realise more than a voice is required to be a singer.

and above all..

I hate people who only see the good and not the bad, pretending that it isn't there. Remember the saying about the devil and his greatest trick?

okay , it's about time i say something here , isnce i was a silent lurker in this thread , yes i am the Rilani JiHye talked about in her first post , and let me tell you guys something :

first of all , singer : we all try to improve , no one actually thinks that they're at the top of their talant , always trying to do even better than their best , and it's still not good enough for them...

you ask : hey , you're not exactly the best singer in here , so why should you be talking??

i say : i know i'm not the best , hell i know i suck! and i do get bad comments and stuff, but! do i like get all upset and start dissin on people?? no, i just smile and say thank you and work! on the thing they told me was wrong.

now , i know that you wanna show off your talant and all , i have to admit , you have something that not a lot of people have , you can sound like idols , true, but honey , the world doesn't need another Ayu or KodaKu.... well , even if you can't help it ,at least try to find your thing, it's not enough to copy them....find the thing that makes you special, don't let people say "wow she sounds like that singer" , make them say "wow , she's good" and then when they find someone that sings like you , they say "wow she sings like cutie*songstress".....i dunno what that ment but..anyways , if you don't know how to sing other that KK or Ayu style, try to find your thing that makes the song even more you , turn it yours..and not a pretty good karaoke version of the songs...

and NAN sooo did not act like everyone's opinions are her opinions , i mean she has her opinions, JiHye has hers , Hmaster has his and i have mine , some might say "she's pretty good" , some might say "ehh..she can sing, not my style though" ..even "what the hell is this?" and of course the "OMG YOU SO AWESOME LOL".... so yeah , everyone who thought you were awesome told ya , everyone that said your good told ya , everyone that didn't like you told ya, don't you want honest opinions?? i mean what good it'll do if all you got were false comments? the funny thing is, you got 3 whole pages of comments! and you should be thanking them for thier comments , i mean some of the best singers on Soompi gave you comments , and that doesn't happen to everyone if you must know , i mean what more could you want?? Fantasiimaker , JiHye , Sou , Maja , Nan and a whole lot more , i just don't have the time to rememebr them all..so really , what are you upset about?

if you wanna improve , the "bad" comments your so upset about , there's no such thing , take every comment as a compliment, seriously ,it'll save you all that headache that's happening to you and to others

Guest hmaster

you should feel honoured. no one else ever has had this kind of constructive feedback from so many talented singers, critics, and mixers.

^ I agree. Which is why I feel so sad when I look at my threads <_<

I really hope the next time you post your singing up, if you choose to do so, you'll go over what all these people said and try to think about it.

Your friends aren't the only ones that appreciate your singing. You got 5 pages filled with who knows how many "U R LYK THE BEST" posts. You don't call that appreciation?

These people aren't trying to hurt your feelings, I don't see any part of their messages that would. That is, until you started saying the wrong things. Even if you didn't mean to, the way you put it was completely wrong. And even then, they still weren't trying to hurt your feelings, but pointing out why it was wrong.

Here's a suggestion, just say thank you for all the feedback, think about everything that's been said here, and when I say think about I mean try improving on the points that people have said and maybe we can move on.

Kahehe. What a fun thread to read. I want to be a fan of JiHye and Rilani. <3 Nan too.

Bahh I have to join too.

Nanny was being so nice to you and she out of all gave you the best and most sincere feed back and you just start bitching at her? And it was bitching sweetie. You don't come into this forum just to get nice feedback and be admired...that might be what your friends do but here people know stuff about singing as most of them are singers so they will give you feed back on how to improve and tell you your strength exactly what Nan did. You take that with grace and say thank you and maybe even ask on tips how to improve some of those things. You really need to work on that part of your character because it is very unatractive.

So to relate this thread with singing, I love your song choices. Nice job, you have a cute voice.

Guest Cutie*Songstress

O.o so many people...so much stuff to read.....so LAZY to read. Hee-hee! I don't like it that my threads are such a big controversy...n_n' I want 'em to diiiie. I feel bad that I offended so many people out of anger and frustration of trying to defend myself. I'm sorry that I may have taking critism as insults...but I really wish those who have given me 'constructive critism' would give it then leave 'cause now it's just pointless badgering. n_n' I don't know what u'r trying to prove...but I think I get it, alrite? U don't like me...and not everyone will. I'm sorry if I've done anything to make u wanna keep coming back and pounding on me. Just please stop...it's now just making me feel sad and it's not helping me in any way. I'm not a bad person, I'm not a self-centered person...believe me...my family and frens come first in my life. I just think I made a bad first impression even though I wasn't trying to. I know I'm not perfect...I know I'll never be half the singer that Ayumi Hamasaki is...so please stop throwing it up in my face...v_v it hurts. At first it was okay, but now I'm really getting upset...and not in an 'angry' way either...=(

whooaaa, okay.. didn't expect so many comments back.

i'd like to thank JiHye, Rilani, NO-1 (lol u funny), and Nana for standing up for me. although i honestly don't mind her defending herself in such a way. but thank you guys anyway because your comments made me feel better. hehe :P

but anyways, Cutie*Songstress, i'm glad that you realize the fact that you were defending yourself in a way that sort of kind of insulted others. and i hope you will not do that again (maybe? hopefully?). as long as you get our point, we'll stop. we're sorry for making you feel like you're a bad, self-centered, conceited, or whatever there is to describe how you feel, person. we did not mean for you to feel that way, and i do hope you see why we keep on coming back to your thread and commenting. if you don't, i'll tell you. it's because the way you handled the situation. if you just said "thank you for your comments," this would've never started, correct? well anyway, let this be a lesson learned. and hopefully, it will never happen again.

now, try to forget about this, and move on from it. and we will do the same. however, if you would please, i'd really like to hear you sing BoA*'s Moon & Sunrise. thank you. :)

Guest Cutie*Songstress

Hehehehe...I've never heard of that song by BoA...must be one of her new ones. XD I don't really feel like singing for anyone anymore though...feeling too insecure now...and my spirit is broken. heh. n_n' NO-1 could sing it though...she's brilliant at BoA songs. =) U should ask her instead.

^ i know, she'd already sang it.

well, just whenever you have time i guess. its a request, i can't believe you're turning it down. T____T

it's not a new song. its really pretty though, you should download it.

Guest Cutie*Songstress

I will. =) I'm sorry for turning it down...=[ That's something I never usually do...and I'm still trying to fill these other requests some other people made..although I doubt I can do it. XD I don't like letting people down. =[ Maybe someday I'll try it.

Archived