Applying Clear Nail Polish Over Jewelry With Rhinestones.

Guest SiMPLY PiNk*

Guest SiMPLY PiNk*

I'm in love with a cheap rhinestone necklace I bought from Forever21. I replaced the original chain with a white gold chain I own from another necklace so there's no problem there, but I'm worried that the pendant won't hold up for long. I planned on buying several backups of the necklace but I can't find any in stock. Now I have to make this one last! My friend advised me that applying a coat of clear nail polish will keep the rhinestones from falling off or rusting. I don't have a clear nail polish but I do have a Seche Vite nail polish top coat. (Best top coat, by the way. Excellent quality!) Has anybody tried this method? Any feedback? Thank you!

Guest cUte.dOrk

i've heard about that..but i've never really tried it..but there are other options that u can go to...there's superglue...or..i think there's also glue for rhinestones too..but i'm not sure.

Guest _ATELIER

i usually do that for my jewelery, over the silver, but for rhinestones i always hesitated cus it might make it dull

and take away the sparkle, test it on an old rhinestone necklace? but otherwise it def. prevents it from rusting.

Guest PhuongNguyen

I don't recommend doing that because the rhinestone may look a little dull; that's what happened to my necklace. If you want it to really stay, just go get some superglue; I'm sure superglue will make it adhere much better than nail polish.

Guest nobody knows

I did that with my stuff for rust/crystal falling prevention

and I admit, the crystal don't get as sparkly, but they don't fall off

Guest courtneyy

my mom always tell me to do that with my rings/earrings and stuff.

hahhaha.

for the most part it works ^^

Archived