Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest foreverornever

i went to the LA show and i wanted to share my videos from that night. such an amazing set from epik high. i also went to the meet and greet and i'll probably edit this post with pictures later. for now enjoy the videos ^^

FANCAMS

Believe -

The Future -

Flow -

Map the Soul -

One -

Love Love Love -

1 minute, 1 second -

Fly -

Free Music -

Fan -

Map the Soul (Worldwide Version) -

Guest ThePrime

I'm PUMPED for the seattle showing, it's gonna be sick. But just curious, how long did you guys wait in line?

Guest Danzo

Thank you everyone for contributing your fancams, stories and cool pictures!

I have a treat for you all. I have MORE press access pictures! Right here along with my own experience, this time with a press access perspective.

VIEW BLOG EXPERIENCE

Click.

VIEW GALLERY

CLICK

tablosheart.jpg

I'm PUMPED for the seattle showing, it's gonna be sick. But just curious, how long did you guys wait in line?

For the LA show my cousin and I arrived at House of Blues around 3 and there were a lot of people already, but we ended up buying merchandise from the store so we were able to go to the "special" line. They let us in around 8 but it was worth the wait since we got to see Epik High and MYK arrive and go inside. I don't know if the Seattle venue is seated, but if it's general admission it's best to go early.

Guest whohungjen?

it would be really awesome if they had some sort of video compilation of all their shows - or even just separate shows - in a dvd for sale

i have pretty much almost all of Epik High's set from the LA venue - i'm still uploading the videos

foreverornever your fancams are awesome - good angle for videotaping & the sound is really nice

my vids gave me a headache because i was in the middle of the semimosh pit and i used a phone hahaa

(so the screams are louder than the music)

ThePrime - is seattle standing? because if seat number doesnt matter, you should go a few hours early to get in front - bring some food and something to pass time with and you're good to go

my friends and i arrived around 4pm (LA venue) and the line was alright but we went to eat, got back at 6pm, and the line had gotten really long already (good thing other friends of ours were waiting in line :D)

thanks Danzo! you are awesome

Guest gyabo!

I got to the LA concert at 6 p.m. which was later than I wanted so the line was already kind of long though. DJ Dumbfoundead said he saw people starting to line up at noon which is pretty crazy. Doors open at 8, but it takes a while before you actually get in so it'll be like 8:30-9:00 ish before anyone even starts performing (:

Guest ThePrime

Yeah it's going to be general admission for the Seattle showing, so I'm getting the impression that I should arrive roughly 2.5 ~ 3 hrs before?

Guest choEy

Yeah it's going to be general admission for the Seattle showing, so I'm getting the impression that I should arrive roughly 2.5 ~ 3 hrs before?

to stay on the safe side i'd go for 3 iunno i was late to SF -_- but from what i gather 3hrs seems good. my friend got there like 4ish and it started at 8. she saw tablo and someone else walk in.

Guest .ChocoCat.

EPIK HIGH X FAR*EAST MOVEMENT MAP THE SOUL TOUR 051609 @ HOUSE OF BLUES ! (reeeally sorry for large images! forgot to resize)

recap:

Met up with friends in K-town to get lunch before lining up at House of Blues.

100_3035.jpg

We arrived at about 4pm and this was the line in front of us.

100_3037.jpg

100_3046.jpg

And this was the line behind us, not bad I guess.

100_3038.jpg

Waited about 3 hours for doors to open, meanwhile playing ds and checking out our kicks lol.

100_3045.jpg

Doors open and we got out glow sticks and other merchandise.

100_3049.jpg

Our mc for the night was MC Dumbfoundead, introducing Far*East Movement.

They didn't perform as long as I wanted them to but it's alright I guess. Their intro was bomb though, look up on youtube.

100_3099.jpg

100_3105.jpg

Surprise stopby from WongFu Productions; I didn't see Ted, but Phillip and Wes were there :D

FM gave away some free kicks and Phil threw them out, Wes was recording on stage. I don't think I have a picture, but I have a video.

100_3106.jpg

By the time FM was done performing I was two people away from the very front, woohoo ^^

Next was Kero One Beatbox DG, and MYK, didn't take much pictures of them, don't worry though, I'll make it up with Epik High.

100_3124.jpg

100_3111.jpg

When Epik High's Tablo came out, all hell broke loose. It was crazzzzzzy. Screaming our heads off and bringing the house down

100_3132.jpg

100_3134.jpg

100_3138.jpg

100_3141.jpg

100_3147.jpg

100_3174.jpg

100_3216.jpg

I got to shake Tablo's hand haha. (Never washing it again) Lol, jk. I'm not a crazy fangirl, but it was tightt.

I don't remember all the songs played, it was One, One Minute One Second,Flow, Fly, Love Love Love, I Remember, etc.

100_3203.jpg

100_3238.jpg

They came out for an encore too ^^

100_3239.jpg

100_3240.jpg

That night was crazy, soo much pushing and shoving, but I ended up at the very front so I'm not complaining :D

This is barely 1/4 of the photos, the rest are on my facebook/myspace if you want to have a look :)

Guest chinwah

^ .chococat. - you have nice pics of them upclose! :o

i went to the SF concert and fought my way through the moshpit to get to the front with my friends. about two or three people away from them and wasn't able to initiate any contact T__T they kept shaking hands with people AROUND me. so depressing, lol.

i keep saying how the concert was so worth it and i'll say it again. epik high knows how to put on a show. and i enjoyed MYK and FM as well. kero one was pretty cool since his mellow style was a nice break to rest up for epik high, haha.

for those who went to the SF concert, did anybody get the Lost Maps #001 CD? i don't recall them being handed out but then again, the merchandise mob was crazyyy

Guest yokemun

omg!!!u guys who went to the concert are so so lucky!!!

thanks for the videos and pictures!!!

please post moreeeeee..

tukutz!!!!TT__TT

Guest runtoyou989

i was late so i didn't get ANYTHING -_- except one Fast East Movement shirt haha.. that wasn't even my size xD

.. eh, Kero One is already pretty well known (from what i gather) even i didn't know who he was at first but now i'm already listening to him.

people can hate and disrespect haha how else does one get famous :P

on a side note - does anyone know what Tablo's exact quote about "Map The Soul" went? All I remember is him saying is how you use a map to guide you to a destination but there is no map for the soul so -something something- music lol.

yepp! theres actually a fancam to it

omg. i love that quote. its so meaningful & deep! i saw it and i wrote about it on my livejournal.

and then i realized i forgot to favorite it 10 hours later. so i dug through my comp history to go look for it ^_^

so here you go!

for those who went to the SF concert, did anybody get the Lost Maps #001 CD? i don't recall them being handed out but then again, the merchandise mob was crazyyy

sorry to cut your post.

but no! i'm disappointed that i didnt get one.

i dont blame them though. trying to buy things was insane.

i dont think they passed it out at all, because i didnt see anybody have it. and none of my friends got it either.

Guest foreverornever

i'm back with some pictures from the meet and greet in pasadena. the meet and greet was alright except for the fact that the workers rushed us along. it also sucked that we couldn't take pictures with them, even though some people asked to take pictures and they agreed. i should've asked but i was too busy handing them their presents.

t1.jpg

tablo looking in the fans direction

t2.jpg

gave tablo his present. he responded with a "i've always wanted a green dinosaur" and thanked me.

m1.jpg

i gave mithra a teddy bear because he's my bear. his logo on his shirt looks like him too. i spoke to him in korean and he smiled and said thanks in korean. and you see tukutz looking at mithra's bear, thinking he wasn't going to get anything.

mt.jpg

tukutz got all happy after i gave him his hippo. he asked me what this was in korean and i didn't know how to say it in korean so i just said "heep poh?" and then he looked at it again and was like "oh hama!"

mt2.jpg

tukutz posing with his hama. he has the cutest voice too.

Guest kdsnabi426

Wow u guys have some really awesome pics/vids. Thanks for sharing!

foreverornever, I love their responses to your presents. Especially Tablo's "I always wanted a green dinosaur" and Tukutz is just too cute looking longingly at Mithra's bear and then getting excited about his hippo. EH is just so lovable.

Honestly, I think it's great that Epik High has decided to gone totally indie, although I wonder how they're going to chart if at all now, since the it seems like the only way for anybody to get famous is to simply sell out and appear on those variety shows and talk shows.

Yeah I see your point, but I think music charts are apart of the "industry bs" that they are stepping away from. Correct me if I'm wrong but all music charts are is an indicator of popularity and/or amount of sales, but the way I see things with Epik High is like this: Who needs a place on music charts when you are connected directly to your fans who adore your music and make your concerts and merchandise sell out? They are off to a great start with their indie music venture and I have a feeling it'll just get even better from here on.

Guest shytide

omg my heart is like, broken after hearing all this awesomeness you guys had. idk why but i freaked out at the meet and greet and didnt take pics or anything (esp since we were like the 4th group to go in). tablo said that my name is awesome (dream) and that was totally an opportunity to get a hug but NOOOPE. totally froze and choked. then got rushed out by the security and stood around outside the store dazed and confused.

4302_89992471681_600536681_2301385_13365_n.jpg

major props for my friend who captured this conversation on photo:

tablo: your name is really dream?? wow that's AWESOME!"

me: t-t-t-t-thanks >///<!!!! *gets rushed out by security*

as for the concert, I'M HITTING MYSELF SOOO HARD. WHYYYY DID I RUSH TO THE CAR INSTEAD OF WAITING OUTSIDE FOR THEM TO COME OUT D: ahhhh next time i'll be prepared... presents and EVERYTHING. going to their next concert FOR SURE<3333

either way, i got to the 2nd row, so the concert was awesome. AMAZING energy and good humor as well. it was kinda sad that people sold-out to HOB's $15-VIP-BS. hell i didnt pay $15 and i still got to the same area, if not better than the 100+ people who did. also, i thought kero one's performance was WAAAAAAAAY too long though; does anyone else think the same?

n500883109_1823813_2020466.jpg

ive got lots of up-front-and-personal fancam:

the future --

one --

she doesn't know --

map the soul --

beatbox DG's solo --

believe --

fly --

fly 2 --

love love love --

1 minute 1 second --

criminal --

(my freaking favorite performance; soooo energetic!)

Guest honeybeeshrimp

i'm back with some pictures from the meet and greet in pasadena. the meet and greet was alright except for the fact that the workers rushed us along. it also sucked that we couldn't take pictures with them, even though some people asked to take pictures and they agreed. i should've asked but i was too busy handing them their presents.

%7Boption%7Dt1.jpg

tablo looking in the fans direction

%7Boption%7Dt2.jpg

gave tablo his present. he responded with a "i've always wanted a green dinosaur" and thanked me.

%7Boption%7Dm1.jpg

i gave mithra a teddy bear because he's my bear. his logo on his shirt looks like him too. i spoke to him in korean and he smiled and said thanks in korean. and you see tukutz looking at mithra's bear, thinking he wasn't going to get anything.

%7Boption%7Dmt.jpg

tukutz got all happy after i gave him his hippo. he asked me what this was in korean and i didn't know how to say it in korean so i just said "heep poh?" and then he looked at it again and was like "oh hama!"

%7Boption%7Dmt2.jpg

tukutz posing with his hama. he has the cutest voice too.

i can really see all of this happening.i swear i was laughing reading your captions and looking at the pictures. they're so freaking priceless.

Guest choEy

also, i thought kero one's performance was WAAAAAAAAY too long though; does anyone else think the same?

it was kind of long.. but it probably felt like that because it was more mellow. i'm sure he was out there just as long as anyone else xD

you/i/ and everyone else just weren't jumping around hahah.

Guest -jah_jahn-

Everything about Map the Soul Tour was amazing!!!

except of course all the pushing and shoving in the pit area. :tongue2:

Epik High was bad richard simmons!!

Far East Movement was hype!

Myk was amazing!

Kero One was fantastic! [sad that people were hating on him. just because he isn't "as" popular doesn't mean he wasn't effing amazing! people just didn't want to give him a chance. shoot, my sister and i were bumping to his song]

Dj Dumbfoundead and BeatBox DG were hott!!!!!

Guest whohungjen?

+

this was posted today on mapthesoul @ youtube

mostly the same as the korean version of the mv but there are a few parts that are different.

enjoy!

Guest &teekayy;

Wow u guys have some really awesome pics/vids. Thanks for sharing!

foreverornever, I love their responses to your presents. Especially Tablo's "I always wanted a green dinosaur" and Tukutz is just too cute looking longingly at Mithra's bear and then getting excited about his hippo. EH is just so lovable.

Yeah I see your point, but I think music charts are apart of the "industry bs" that they are stepping away from. Correct me if I'm wrong but all music charts are is an indicator of popularity and/or amount of sales, but the way I see things with Epik High is like this: Who needs a place on music charts when you are connected directly to your fans who adore your music and make your concerts and merchandise sell out? They are off to a great start with their indie music venture and I have a feeling it'll just get even better from here on.

Yeah to be honest, I think that that wouldn't really mind it if they don't top the charts...

From what it seems, I think they're more for servicing their fans?

I'll always support them though :) I really hope that they come back to the states sooon :)