Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest valentinebyran

I have some more pics of Epik High to share with you,may be it quite old and posted before but these pics have a lot of meaning to me

like "gr3ent" mentioned that Epik High created the great songs and they are talented. I love the meaning of their songs a lot, especially "FAN"

12967713.jpg

Tablo oppa!!!

12979441.jpg

Mithra Jin & DJ.Tukutz

MithraTukutz.jpg

credit n'Nan dek-d.com

Guest tinenapay

Dear "tinenapay" Thanks for sharing that hilarious show. I think that comadian name is MCMAX like what he said and also his name is described on youtube aswell.

Like you said tablo's face looked so...^"^ May be you can check this video out, not sure that you had seen it or not but just try :rolleyes::rolleyes:

So much fun can't stop laughing though. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=duEvn3EyID8

thanks for sharing the link valentinebyran :) trust Epik High to always spice up any show they're in. and i love chaeyeong too. she's so funny.

Guest madelyn93

Tablo updated his cyworld at midnight today!

The White Parade 2008

epikchristmas.jpg

Merry Christmas!

2008년 12월 24일(수), 장충체육관

2회 공연: PM 7:30 / PM 11:59

따뜻한 크리스마스 만들어 드릴게요^^

_

Not that the words need translating but...

2008/12/24 (Wednesday), JangChungChe Stadium

Two concerts: PM 7:30 / PM 11:59

We'll make a warm Chritsmas for you ^^

or something like that.

the words in green say let's dream of love! let's dream of happiness!

the fluffiness of the picture constrasts with his picture of himself in breakdown and his header which says sick.

Guest valentinebyran

Wow!! The White Parade 2008.

Thanks for sharing this infomation.

lOve to be there so much.

12978128.jpg

Want to see live show of Epik High so much.

tablo2997.jpg

Go Go FLY Epik High

thanks for sharing the link valentinebyran :) trust Epik High to always spice up any show they're in. and i love chaeyeong too. she's so funny.

anyway, this maybe the wrong thread to post it here, but i've been guilty of snipping off some epik high songs lately and making them my ringtones. anyone interested, help yourself:

you should take off the dl links cause it is not allowed in the music forum.

and the comedians name is yoo sae yoon.

v. thanks for sharing those vids. tukutz is hilarious.

Guest dontot85

Epik High had a mini concert in Seoul at a club this past friday. They called it an early Christmas party, i took some fan cams of them doing their "No Rai Bang" during the show. they sang Nobody by the wonder girls and of course Rock U by Kara, Tukutz did Rainism too, but i wasnt able to get that on video.... here r the links if you want to see the vids. The vids r kinda shaky cuz the girls kept pushing me when they danced, but theyre still fun, enjoy!!

Epik High Singing Nobody@Museum in Seoul

Epik High singing Rock U part 1@ Museum in Seoul

Rock U pt. 2 @museum in Seoul

Guest tinenapay

you should take off the dl links cause it is not allowed in the music forum.

and the comedians name is yoo sae yoon.

v. thanks for sharing those vids. tukutz is hilarious.

ooopppss..me and my ignorance of the rules. sorry about that. there! took it out already. thanks xman150 :)

Epik High had a mini concert in Seoul at a club this past friday. They called it an early Christmas party, i took some fan cams of them doing their "No Rai Bang" during the show. they sang Nobody by the wonder girls and of course Rock U by Kara, Tukutz did Rainism too, but i wasnt able to get that on video.... here r the links if you want to see the vids. The vids r kinda shaky cuz the girls kept pushing me when they danced, but theyre still fun, enjoy!!

thanks for sharing the vids. i laughed so hard at the Nobody vid 'cos tablo was so concentrating on his dancing in the background -lol- =) hope someone would post pictures of the concert too. (hint..hint..)

A recent article I read in a Epik High community regarding Tablo and his book:

Hip-hop star leaps into short fiction to express his art [November 19, 2008]

Tablo, 28, the leader of hip-hop group Epik High has once again made it to the top, but this time with a book.

"Pieces of You," a collection of 10 short stories he wrote while in the United States from 1998 to 2001 is currently a local best seller. A one week after it was published on Nov. 7, some 50,000 copies were sold.

The publishing company had to print an extra 20,000 copies this week.

"If it were not for my fame as a musician, the book wouldn't have been this popular," Tablo admitted in an interview last week.

Since his debut in 2004 with Epik High's "Map of the Human Soul," Tablo has been busy. The group has released six studio albums so far, producing hit titles like "Fly," "Love Love Love" and "Fan."

The band's latest studio album is "Lovescream," with its title song "One Minute and One Second."

Tablo has also appeared in a MBC sitcom, "Nonstop 5" and co-hosted "Good Friends," a radio show, with actress and comedian Jo Jung-rin. He also acted in "The Fantastic Parasuicides" (2007), a comedy film directed by Cho Chang-ho, Kim Sung-ho and Park Soo-young.

He rarely appears on entertainment programs or in commercials now because he said they stop him from delivering his passion towards music to the public. But he hasn't quit his radio show.

He is currently the daily host on MBC radio's "Dreaming with Tablo." He said radio is a medium that allows him to express his identity as an artist.

But why did he take time out of his busy life to publish a book?

"I wanted to write a book in my late 20s that would wrap up my life thus far," said Tablo, whose real name is Lee Sun-woong.

The collection is a translation of short stories he wrote in English from 1998 to 2001 at Stanford University where he studied creative writing and English language and literature under short story writer and professor Tobias Wolff.

The translation of Tablo's stories might seem awkward at times but the original English version is scheduled to be published early next year.

As the author was in his late teens and early 20s at the time, the stories are mainly about vulnerable young people who wander the streets searching for an identity.

The stories seem gloomy and asked why, Tablo said, "Everything I wrote is based on reality. If the stories seem gloomy, it means society is gloomy."

Tablo is well aware of the dark side of life, especially in popular culture in Korea. He said there is not enough variety in Korean cultural life. Everyone is striving for the same goal, he said, of earning money.

"Every era puts importance on different social values. Once, it was arts and at times, religion or truth," Tablo said. "At present, people value comfort and money the most, which limits their passion for other things, like the arts."

In music, he said there aren’t revolutionary musicians anymore like Seotaiji or Cho Yong-pil.

"Fewer musicians are having a social impact," he said.

By Lee Eun-joo Staff Reporter [angie@joongang.co.kr]

Source/Credits: JoongAng Daily, http://joongangdaily.joins.com/article/view.asp?aid=2897507

= = = = = = = = = =

Unrelated to the article, there's a new thread here in K-music solely for radio-related appearances of K-artists. People can post things related to Tablo's radio show in the thread, if they wish. The thread can be found HERE or in the Index of Official Threads under 'Miscellaneous'.

Guest nutz280790

thx for sharing... =)

my tukutz messed up a few lines of both rock u and nobody.

i heard Mithra sang rain's rainism at the event. can anybody help me find and fancam or whatsoever?

pleaseeee... *pleads with googly eyes*

lmao

Guest dontot85

Mithra didn't sing Rainism, Tukutz did. Tablo said top star Rain was there and everybody freaked out and then Tukutz came out n they all did they rainism dance. Mithra did the dance with them, but Tukutz was the one singing. I'm kicking myself for not taking video. I was just too surprised by the whole thing LOL

Guest tinenapay

Mithra didn't sing Rainism, Tukutz did. Tablo said top star Rain was there and everybody freaked out and then Tukutz came out n they all did they rainism dance. Mithra did the dance with them, but Tukutz was the one singing. I'm kicking myself for not taking video. I was just too surprised by the whole thing LOL

don't you have pictures of the concert? pls share them with us here if you have...thanks! i wish i can see them perform live also :(

Guest nutz280790

thx for clearing that up. so basically tukutz was the one that sang the most eh??

i envy u for going to the event. hahahahaha. did u have fun? maybe u can spazz a little on that par-tay. hahaha.

thanks for the article!

i finally received my copy of the book last night but gee, now i come to find that htey're planing on releasing an english version >__>

oh well lol.

lol tukutz singing rainism.. pwnage. i can't wait to see the famcam (if any) of this rofl

Guest . : - Super Nikita - : .

does anybody know where i can find that one episode where tablo was on ysmm with english subs?

i got the link off the first post but it was taken down from youtube by sbs.

i'd greatly appreciate!!! :]

I just recently checked out my friend's myspace

and he recently changed his song.

And as I was listening to it,

I was like "This rapper sounds familiar."

And I realized it was Tablo!

It was the first time I heard the song though!

It has a really... Holiday, Christmas-y feeling.

I don't know what it's called but omfg.

I'm so in love. ; ;

It could be another artist's song and he's just featuring, but I don't know...

Anyone out there with some info?