Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest LastSandei

is it just me

or was epik high's album....not good?

there was so much....experimental music on there that didn't really sound cohesive.

and there was WAY too much MYK on there. i honestly didn't like their last two albums.

I like MYK :( I liked most of the songs on Map the Soul.

So does anyone know what a rhyming rifle is O.O

[e] and i think it was remixing the soul. the one with the song "no reason to live without you"

yeah it was boring for me too XD

i was really looking forward to it but the 30 songs were just kind of....mehhhhhh.

Guest Burning Chopstick

I share similar sentiments with you guys~ I think we can all agree that all Epik High albums, including [e], are pure quality. Creatively and technically, Epik High outdo themselves with each iteration . So I'm not bashing or anything.

The reason why [e] didn't really speak to me is really just a matter of personal taste. Legitimate hip-hop fans will cringe at this statement, but I actually like pop sounding hip-hop and that was what I was hoping for with [e]; probably somewhere along the lines of "Pieces, Part 1."

[e] seems to me more like a symbolic collection of songs that showcase how far Epik High has come in terms of musical style and personal growth. Yes, it's great music for the fans, but I think the emphasis is more on "Hey, look at what we've been up to. This is us, and this is our music;" sort of like a candid look into their musical and life endeavors.

As for "Remixing the Human Soul," I really loved it. It's understandable why many didn't like it since it was more geared towards an electronica crowd. In the album jacket, it was stated that it was "dedicated to all the audiophiles" which is probably why I enjoyed it so much. You can tell that the guys (and gal) of Planet Shiver are really good at their craft.

Sorry for the lengthy post. I'm not music-literate or anything so please excuse me if I said something ignorant ^^;~

HAHA OK the mv

omg they are geeks XD

i love the mv it makes me smile and happy :)

Some caps:

vlcsnap15127.png

vlcsnap12440.png

vlcsnap12165.png

vlcsnap12827.png

vlcsnap13090.png

vlcsnap13448.png

Credit Jeshica @Soompi Epik high tread

Album:

LOVE IT [e] is <3

the songs are amazing

i was going to post the new MV here but i guess aa-chan beat me. haha.

this mv is hilarious! mithra and myk look so funny in the back ground touching each other. hahaha. hope the 'to be continued' part is true..

is it just me

or was epik high's album....not good?

there was so much....experimental music on there that didn't really sound cohesive.

and there was WAY too much MYK on there. i honestly didn't like their last two albums.

it's just you :)

what's wrong with MYK? he is an honorary 4th member after all :P

well, the only epik high i know is tablo, mithra, and tukutz. ha.

yeah. oh well, i didn't like it. whoop dee doo. maybe another album in the future.

I just heard their song 'Wannabe' when I was watching MuBank yesterday! Love the chorus :D

Later I started Youtube-ing, searching for their song and I found Wannabe MV. OMG! It's sooooooo damn hilarious! I'm enjoying the MV and the music too! Tablo & Tukutz's face are just priceless! I was LOL when I saw chicken?! out from nowhere LOL! :P

Love their MV. Haha~ so adorable :D I made this based on some fav part of mine >.<

seiiryuu3.gif

Recent Epik High fan here. Not going to go in depth for now because I'm still getting to know their work (earlier and current) but I gotta say I really enjoyed [e] and already ordered a copy. They produce some seriously great music, my tracklist is filled with their tracks.

I translated "Trot" and "Wannabe"

you can find them here

Epik High - 따라해 (Wannabe) (feat. Mellow)

Epik High - 트로트 (Trot)

Thanks a bunch for these.

Guest whohungjen?

Love their MV. Haha~ so adorable :D I made this based on some fav part of mine >.<

%7Boption%7Dhttp://img87.imageshack.us/img87/3193/seiiryuu3.gif%7Boption%7D

i hope you don't mind if i use that :) i'll credit you! ^^

thank you for translating, sunshinepark!

everybody is entitled to their own opinion. nobody is bashing or anything so we're all just going to respect each other and everything, okay? :D

i'm still wondering who choreographed the wannabe dance. its very relaxed (in terms of moves/stunts/whatever.) i didn't think they would have backup dancers at all after becoming independent, but they look pretty cool :)

Guest Showtime24

I'm so loving "wannabe"!! It's awesome! and the video is just too funny!! and hilarious how the "blood" is red strings!! ROFL Haha i love how they're just total DORKS!

plus..Epik High will be on taeyeon's chin chin this wednesday. =)