Epik High (에픽하이) Official Thread [#2023]

YongZura⁷

Guest khaiwan

Wow!! I just know, they going do new album.

I hoped that Tablo's feeling good for it.

I waited for it for a long time. On 30 March see you.

Guest iiiLOVEtheSUN

I'm really awaiting this new album. I have very very high expectations for them.

LMAO. Those pictures are so adorable. Tablo is such a dork. Congrats to them for winning...but what did they win lol!

Wished they hit up the northern states...its always LA and NYC....

Guest hellozkittypink

I just discovered this interview Tablo gave, regarding his book .... I think and maybe something about Epik High and their music . I'm going to go on a limb and say that it's pretty interesting stuff. Than again I used Babel fish to get an idea of what it could be about . If anyone is willing to translate here is the link :

http://blog.naver.com/vnfms5049/10044038055

almost forgot :

http://seoulbeats.com/2009/03/kang-hye-jun...e-for-tablo-is/

Tablo just got a new nickname from his gf Kang Hye Jung : mine or 내꺼 in Korean.yeah ... we all died a little inside ...

the link to the article on seoulbeats.com is right above ... Enjoy !

Guest Jenny1430266544

^ i just read the entire interview, even though it took me a while (my korean is slightly rusty). EXCELLENT interview, very revealing. i'll attempt to translate it but i think by the time i get around to it, someone will have finished doing so already

GO READ THE INTERVIEW FOR THOSE WHO CAN READ KOREAN!!

Guest CuteVietMiho
hey yalls.

i'm slowly typing out tablo's book.

check it out here.

tablopoy.livejournal.com

i'm saving the best for last----andante!

:[

please don't put the book online

i think we should support Tablo by buying his book instead of just reading it online.

That's just my opinion

but anyways, I can't wait for the new cd and book :] hopefully they'll update the website soon

Guest tinenapay

lol@ them guys on the Music Awards pictures. funny how they're onstage and they keep on taking pictures.

no news regarding the album yet??

Guest hellozkittypink

^ i just read the entire interview, even though it took me a while (my korean is slightly rusty). EXCELLENT interview, very revealing. i'll attempt to translate it but i think by the time i get around to it, someone will have finished doing so already

GO READ THE INTERVIEW FOR THOSE WHO CAN READ KOREAN!!

I honestly doubt someone else will offer translate the whole thing ... :( so if you could at least paraphrase[ of course, when time allows it ] that would be great . anyways, i'm glad you enjoyed reading it :)

Guest prisonerzero

Does anyone have information about Epik High leaving Woolim [if that's what it's called]. I'm writing about Epik High in my senior paper and somebody mentioned it, but I can't find more information about it.

Guest stardaisy212

^

well there isnt much about them leaving Woolim but Tablo wrote about it in his cyworld

idk if u have an account at EpikFlow but here is the entry he wrote about it http://www.epikflow.net/index.php?topic=1682.0

anyways i read that Tablo give a tiny sneaked peak of the book on Dream Radio and i happen to find caps

mapthesoul4diana9771.jpg

mapthsoulcopydiana9771.jpg

mapthesoul3copydiana977.jpg

and i found this

2009년 봄,

EPIKHIGH가 출발점에 다시 섰습니다.

3월 24일, 음반과 책을 하나로 묶은 새로운 형식의 앨범

[魂:map the soul]을 발표하고,

4월 중순 일본에서 시작, 5월 한국을 거쳐,

미국에서 대단원의 막을 내리는 월드 투어 콘서트

[EPIKHIGH PRESENTS MAP THE SOUL WORLD TOUR 2009 with KERO ONE & MYK]를

가집니다.

- 공연명: EPIKHIGH PRESENTS MAP THE SOUL WORLD TOUR 2009 with KERO ONE & MYK

- 공연일자: 2009년 5월 2일(토) 오후 6시

- 공연장소: 멜론악스홀

- 예 매 처: 인터파크 (www.interpark.com /1544-1555)

- 티켓가격: 스탠딩석 : 70,000원, 지정석R석, 77,000원, 지정석S석 66,000원, 지정석A석 55,000원

- 티켓오픈 : 2009년 3월 24일(화) 오후 8시

- 기획/제작 : (주) 맵더소울, (주) 무붕

- 문 의 : 02-747-1252

i got this from http://poise.tistory.com/1202?srchid=BR1ht...tory.com%2F1202

i guess if its true then they are touring with Kero and MYK

I wonder what the book is gonna be all about with the CD and all. So freaking excited ugggggghH!! Thanks for the caps of it..makes me want it just so much more. I went clicking around on that site too :lol: here are some pictures I found from it sorry if they'd been posted before won't hurt twice :P

Guest envee

mapthesoul!! epik high is .. epic. is there an english version of the book? if soo i'm hella on that!! time is tickin' .. t-time is tickin' tickin' :)

Guest Jenny1430266544

GO CHECK OUT MAPTHESOUL.COM if you haven't done so very recently!!

new video up, the site will officially open March 21, the album will be available for purchase WORLDWIDE from this site only, it will go on sale March 27. (i'm assuming that's korean time zone).

for those of you who are slow, the album is called <魂: Map the Soul>. 魂is the chinese character for "soul" if i am not mistaken. in korean, it is pronounced as a cross between "hun" and "hone".

holyfrigsofrickingexcited.

tablo's cyworld (http://cyworld.com/tablo) has been updated, the "board/forum" section of the cyworld is now deleted/gone.

this is making me so excited. they are doing something so unprecedented in kpop, not to mention in the music world in general. i can only think of radiohead and the promotion of their latest album, in rainbows, as something as remotely similar.

hellozkittypink: i will try to translate the interview because it really cannot be paraphrased. he talks about a lot of things in detail and none of the questions/answers are trite enough to be summarised without being directly translated. the stuff he talks about includes his book "pieces of you", poetry/lyric-writing in general, his father as one of his greatest heroes, his new girlfriend kang hye jung and how the couple share a similar "vision", growing up in different countries, being on tv and fame, etc.

great interview. interesting to read about how map the soul is going to be like a return back to the first album (probably their best so far) and the preparations for a world tour. as for their YT vid with snippets of tracks off the album, i heard like a remix of FREE with MYK, then KERO ONE on another track, and i think i heard Simon D on there too. can't wait for the 27th.

^its probably Hon like how it was in the 4th album with the same title.

Guest stardaisy212

Domie

thanks for the interview.

HHAHA i love the fact they keep promoting mapthesoul.com :P

this is probably my favorite part of the interview.

Your songs and MVs are sometimes banned in Korea, recently the same has also happened to TVXQ, Rain and Big Bang's Seungri. What do you think about this ban policy? Do you think it's legitimate, or does it take things too far?

Epik High: We think it's bullsh!t. Our stuff has been banned so many times that it's nothing new to us though. Good art gets out no matter what. To hell with the censors.

and this part

One fun question: What's the best quality/worst fault of the band member sitting to your left?

Epik High:

Tablo->Tukutz: Kutz' best quality is his sharpness. His worst quality is his sharpness.

Tukutz->Mithra: Mithra's best quality is that he is calm. His worst quality is that he sleeps too much.

Mithra->Tablo: Tablo's best quality is that he is crazy. His worst quality is that he tries to hide it sometimes.

lol blo. :P hes crazy yet he tries to hide it lol

Guest Domie

my favorite part is:

The CD and the book are both bilingual. Some songs are in Korean and some are in English. There are two versions of the title single, Map the Soul. One is in Korean, and the other is in English (featuring the Bay Area musician Kero One). The book is also in Korean and English, including translations for lyrics. This is to service the many non-Korean fans around the globe. We've always appreciated your presence and this is our way of giving back

I love them so much :wub: