The Sims 3

Guest melzbellz

Guest Malice_Kaiser

^

^yeah,

that's why there's an option that says "stop doing that"

in the manual,

they tell you to "watch" the people you hire over the phone

cus they don't always do their job (or something like that:])

Okay. So it IS possible he just hired a crappy maid. XD

That's pretty funny, I like that they added that.

• Replies 276
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest ninjakke

just got the game, and so addicted, i almost hate it. played for 3 days already. does anyone know if the gates actually work? my dude never enters through the gate but instead walks around the wall to a gap!

Guest Bebe_Ji

i just recently bought this game..

the first time I bought I got old and was like "wtf?!"

so I learn to disable the aging.

And it was all good.

I love the game cuz I always enjoying playing sims.

I"m now a mad scientist that makes 444+ an hour.. lol

the only con is that I play on a mac computer and i have to click command to move the angles.. it's really annoying.

edited: maybe I can change the mouse keys.

Okay. So it IS possible he just hired a crappy maid. XD

That's pretty funny, I like that they added that.

So it is! I was wondering why my maid ate the ice cream from my refrigerator, lol.

just got the game, and so addicted, i almost hate it. played for 3 days already. does anyone know if the gates actually work? my dude never enters through the gate but instead walks around the wall to a gap!

Can you click on the gate? There might be an option that says 'Open'.

Guest Gwenlaine

Hey guys !

I didn't bought the game and I want to ask (for who has buying it) if it worse ? Because I read on the web and the most sites says that the game is almost the same as the sims 2 exept somethings... Is it true ? Thanks for your reply ♥

Hey guys !

I didn't bought the game and I want to ask (for who has buying it) if it worse ? Because I read on the web and the most sites says that the game is almost the same as the sims 2 exept somethings... Is it true ? Thanks for your reply ♥

I don't know what those sites are saying, but I think Sims 3 is a big improvement from the Sims 2!

Here's some info on The Sims 3:

New Seamless, Open Neighborhood - Explore the neighborhood freely.

Your Sims can roam throughout their neighborhood, visit neighbors' homes, and explore the surroundings. They can stroll downtown to hang out with friends, meet someone new at the park, or run into colleagues on the street. If your Sims are in the right place at the right time, who knows what might happen?!

New Create A Sim - Create any Sim you can imagine.

New easy-to-use design tools allow for unlimited customization to make truly individual Sims. Determine your Sims' shape and size, from thin to full-figured to muscular - and everything in between! Choose your Sims' facial features, their exact skin tone, hair, eye shape and color and select their clothing and accessories.

New Realistic Personalities - Every Sim is a unique person, with a distinct personality.

Create realistic Sims with distinctive personalities. Select from dozens of personality traits and combine them in fun ways. The combination of traits you choose - brave, artistic, loner, perfectionist, klepto, romantic, clumsy, paranoid, and much, much more - help shape the behavior of your Sims and how they interact with other Sims. Your Sims can now rise above their basic set of every day needs. They are complex individuals with unique personalities.

New Unlimited Customization - Everyone can customize everything!

Build your dream house or design the ultimate home. Customize everything from floors to flowers, shirts to sofas, wallpaper to window shades. It’s fun and easy to change colors and patterns giving you endless personalization options. Or you can populate your Sims’ neighborhood with pre-designed buildings and furnishings. Which of your Sims will live in high-end mansions, cool bachelor pads, ultimate dream homes or low-cost cottage?

More info and pictures on their site: http://www.thesims3.com/game/about

• 2 weeks later...
Guest melzbellz

sheesh i accidently left the Sims 3 on when i went out and when i came back all my sims were old or dead x[

Guest Malice_Kaiser

sheesh i accidently left the Sims 3 on when i went out and when i came back all my sims were old or dead x[

o__o

This is why I turn aging off. Keep my Sims young and pretty. :P

Can anyone explain how story progression works? I still can't figure it out. Basically, here's an example of something that confused me: I only have two households right now that I actively use. When in one, I threw a party and invited people from the other family that has a house (I play actively). Only neighbours from families I didn't create showed up though. Then a few Sim days later, I switched active household to my other house, and THEN my guy got up and went over to visit their house, way after the party.

I don't get it. Or is it a coincidence that they didn't show up, and maybe when I changed active households I accidentally commanded him to go visit the other house? What it seemed to me was I invited him while playing another family, but because I wasn't active on the family of the guy I invited he didn't come over because his household wasn't active. I dont' know, I can't explain, I just don't get what happened.

Here's the one that really confuses me though. I've made other Sims, I just haven't moved them into a houses yet. But when I play as a household, those Sims will meet the ones I just made (who don't have a home) and they'll find out they have a job in whatever given career track. But I haven't even played as that Sim yet, much less made them get a job. If I go play as them, will they still not have a job? Or will they magically have job when I finally play as them because of story progression?

Better example: In one active household (finished building a home and everything) I made one guy get a job in the criminal career track, but one of his coworkers is another Sim that I made but have not played with or given him a job yet.

Guest infinite*

I want this game! It looks so detailed and more 3D.

I just don't want to get addicted, specially with tests coming up.

Ah I still didn't get it yet, but I will soon X) is it worth the money?

Depends. I played it for a while. it's a lot easier since to get promoted you don't need to make friends. They seem to hold back on objects because they sell them for real money.

Here's a video review I found funny (warning ppl may find it offensive... er I won't suggest watching it if you really love the game):

http://www.escapistmagazine.com/videos/vie.../800-The-Sims-3

Guest Painterlyy

I'm thinking of getting the game.

But i'm not sure if my comp meets the requirements.

i have a vista with a 1.83 processor. and the requirement is 2.4

But I heard it works with some ppl...so i'm not sure.

Do you think it would work for me?

Guest chiimin

well, it will. but the settings will have to be the lowests...

Guest Malice_Kaiser

Not necessarily the lowest settings like chiimin said. How the game comes, the default settings aren't even at the highest, you have to switch them to the highest yourself. My laptop has a 2.0 processor and it's been running it just fine so far with the default settings. So try it out and if it's not working out just experiment with settings I'd say. ^^

Guest Envious-Sleep

I got the Sims 3 a while ago, but I haven't been playing since =\ It seems a little bit disappointing after hearing about all the 'cool and new' things it has. For one thing, it doesn't seem to agree with my computer, because the graphics end up looking like crap =\

For another, the gameplay itself isn't all that different from the Sims 2. The only one perk for me is that Sims can travel around the neighbourhood. Still, it's severely lacking because when Sims enter another building, like a restaurant or grocery store, you can't see inside, and it kind of defeats the purpose of this feature.

The Make-A-Sims format in the Sims 3 is also kind of icky. While there is a little bit of new maneuverability with some of the controls, and a few nifty new ones, it's still difficult to get a Sim to look exactly how you want it to look. Sims in the Sims 2 could be super-realistic because the features could be changed in whichever way you'd want. In the Sims 3 though, it's like they're trying too hard to be 'realistic' and in the end restricts what we could do. I don't like the new Make-a-Sim, because the facial features are 'smoother', but look even less human (to me) than ones in the Sims 2.

And while I admit that it may be a feature I hadn't discovered yet, you can't save the Sims you've made so that you can work on them later. It seems like you have to make all of the Sims in 1 go, and when you're making a family of 8, that's kind of hard.

Another thing that irks me, for some reason, is the lack of "Roof-View". They give you walls down, walls-cut-off, and walls up, but you can't see the roof of the house you're playing or building. That's kind of annoying, especially because I'm such a picky person. It totally takes away from the realism of the game. AND! They don't have ceilings yet! I figured that, when the reviews said 'all the greatness of the Sims 2 and its expansions', it included ceilings. I know that they have to leave SOME room to make expansion packs, but it's still a disappointment nonetheless.

While the Sims 3 is supposed to be an improvement of the Sims 2, it seems more like they had to take away things that made the Sims 2 good in order to add new things in. I know there are limits to what they can do with the technology, but the Sims 3 is kind of overrated. Everyone was talking about how amazing this game is/would be before it even came out, and when it did, it doesn't seem to be much better than its predecessor.

Guest rawwwr

^

You can see the ceilings... kind of. You have to tilt the view to be able to see it. But, yeah, I didn't know this until WAY after, and before that I was wondering what the heck this giant white thing on my screen was.

Archived