Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest crystal_t33rs

I come back from my finals with half good news and half bad :(

Darn, Kuzzy lost today TT______TT My favorite Russian. lol. XD

But hooray for Fed. Apparently, Hewitt's hip problems were getting in his way today... =T Fed's up against Super Mario next - the last dude to beat him on Wimby. Ancic can be dangerous for Fed. He can get really aggressive and when the gods are favoring him, oh man, they really do him a crapload of good!

I can't wait for the Safin-Wawrinka match! I wonder if Safin can pull through? No surprise on the Rafa victory. Just a tad sad for Youzhny though. ^^;

Both Venus & Serena won, back-to-back on court 2! How sweet is that?

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderbang
Both Venus & Serena won, back-to-back on court 2! How sweet is that?

And their doubles match too! They took up 3 out of the 4 matches scheduled :lol:

But I can't say I'm all too happy with the Wimbledon higher-ups scheduling them on Court 2. Why the hell is the women's defending champion and 4-time winner not on the bigger show courts? :phew:

Oh well, the important thing is my favorites on both sides are still in....so I can't complain really. :D

Guest debbii

Hooray for Safin!!!

And the match up between Gasquet and Murray was amazing. Murray was really the fighter to take the match out after being down 2 sets to love!

Guest loveprint

I haven't been able to catch a single Safin game this Wimbledon. ): I don't think that will change, since he's playing at the same time as Federer.

Really looking forward to the Murray Rafa match. <3

And Zheng Jie in the semis. Unfortunately, that's where the road ends for her.

Guest crystal_t33rs

Williams sisters final? ^__^; I'd root for Venus then XD I don't like Dimentieva for some odd reason or another. Honestly, I don't even know myself why, but I just don't. HAHA.

I'm happy for Zheng! Congrats to her for being the first wildcard into the semis. ^^

Fed-Ancic tomorrow! AHHHH! And darn the higher-ups at Wimby for scheduling Fed's match at the same time as Safin! >=[

Guest wonderbang
Williams sisters final? ^__^; I'd root for Venus then XD I don't like Dimentieva for some odd reason or another. Honestly, I don't even know myself why, but I just don't. HAHA.

I'm happy for Zheng! Congrats to her for being the first wildcard into the semis. ^^

Yaaaaaayy.....an All-Williams finals would make my daaaaayy :wub:

Anyhow, if you would've told me that besides Venus and Serena, the other semifinalists were going to be Zheng and Dementieva, I would've tried to slap some sense into your head. But I should know that anything can happen in tennis. I just hope that doesn't ruin my dream final for this weekend!

Guest mistapooh

I'm scared of Safin, and I hope Federer makes it to the final fresh. My cousin who introduced me to tennis is starting to stray back into his 2hbh... who's going to represent the 1hbh when Federer declines : (!?!??!

Guest orengi

best of luck to Zheng!

250 million watching Williams, 1 billion watching Zheng.

Can't wait for Federer vs Ancic tonight!

Guest prelude

I would so stay up until midnight to watch Fed vs. Ancic, but I have academy tomorrow. Darn!

And nothing more regarding Djokovic, because evidently I can't change your opinion - and I respect it. He's still my fav though; I love his game.

Haha - go read up on Serena's interview at the Wimbledon website. I found it highly entertaining. I wonder what it's like the morning of finals and the two sisters are battling each other. I could just see them glaring at each other across their cereal bowls. Haha.

Guest dOotsiez

Why the hell did Sky Sports put Wimbledon on the Sports 2 channel? We only have Sports 1 at this hotel, and I'm paying for overpriced hotel internet. :fury: Bah rain delay!

Williamses final is looking very likely at the moment. It would be a COLOSSAL upset if Zheng make the finals. But it's great that two Asian women went far this year, disposing the top seeds along the way. WOOT!

C'mon Federer, click into TMF mode now! If Rafa gets passed Murray, the semi's going to be against either Schüttler or Clement. *groan* How did Roddick lose that quarter again?

Guest loveprint

This rain delay is horrid. I wanted to catch both Federer and Rafa's games. Ugh, I have work in the morning. T___T;;

I'm making do by reading the live blog but argh.

edit;

Rog played some good tennis today. <3 It's 3am, and I have to work from 9 to 9 tomorrow, but screw that, I'm not missing the Rafa Murray game. x:

edit2;

So proud of Safin.

woot woot congrats nadal.

streamed his match live because NBC wasn't showing his match. :(

I really hope to see the Williams sisters go against one another.

should be a pretty interesting match.

I'm pretty impressed with Zheng.

I don't think anyone expected her to do as good as she did.

Guest wonderbang
woot woot congrats nadal.

streamed his match live because NBC wasn't showing his match. :(

I really hope to see the Williams sisters go against one another.

should be a pretty interesting match.

I'm pretty impressed with Zheng.

I don't think anyone expected her to do as good as she did.

where are you streaming it at? i have no clue why espn isn't showing wimbledon any more on my tv and i'm trying to find another way around that. <_<

although there's been a rash of upsets, i'm still excited for the later rounds on both sides....i feel like i'm getting to know tennis for the first time again or something lol

Archived