Tennis

Guest supa'Wanki

Guest dOotsiez

*sigh* There seems to be an obsession in the tennis world with informing Federer with what formula he could use against Nadal, but Nadal just comes up with an anti-solution. Oh well, clay's not my favourite surface, and not for the obvious reasons too. And Federer's been there, he's tried and failed, which is more than what could be said about the great Sampras.

Onto greener pastures, Federer's playing at Halle as the warm up to the grass season, and guess what? He gets drawn a lefty first round. Deja vu Roger? :D

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I rooted for Nadal the whole time, but I felt kind of bad when Federer lost. I don't think I've ever seen Federer play this bad. Clay court really isn't his specialty. Hopefully Wimbledon will be different for Federer and Nadal. LOL... I love Nadal's rituals.

Monfils was REALLY good. I'm keeping my eyes out on him.

Guest wonderbang
I think it's the coach really. It seemed like part of his game plan was to be aggressive at all times, but Nadal's defense has just been taken to another level of scariness. But that's not to say that Federer didn't try everything - serve and volley, power hitting from the base line. But Nadal's movement, offense and defense just all came together. Every player has a few of those days a year, I'm used to it happening to Federer more often, but that was phenomenal tennis from Nadal, even when I was finding it utterly demoralizing on behalf of Federer. It seems that the Might Fed never made it to the match, but his inferior twin, who I dub Fed the Dead, made it instead.

The stats I saw quoted Nadal's unforced errors at 7 for 3 sets. SEVEN! As I said, I eat my humble pie.

Couldn't have explained it better myself. Btw, I love that nickname of yours...."Fed the Dead".....catchy :P

Guest dOotsiez

Yes Fed the Dead needs to be locked up, and sent to the prison of Azkaban. Because last night was just down right embarrassing, and he looked so upset that I didn't have the heart to be angry at the level of tennis he was playing. Can't remember the last time someone ruined my day at 1am in the morning.

Queens and Halle! and it's almost wimbledon too :D am I excited or what? Hopefully, TMF might make it there. Off to watch some recorded TMF matches now to restore my faith. Maybe the masters cup 2007.....:D

Guest wonderbang

lol....i know what you mean....i saw the interview right after his lost on court...and then parts of his press conference later on....you could definitely tell he was upset and disheartened. hopefully he can pick it up again now that his favorite part of the season is coming because honestly there wasn't too much he could do against nadal......just have to give nadal his compliments on a match well played.

Guest dOotsiez
:tears: :tears: I don't remember seeing him this upset, but at least he's being very optimistic about the grass season. Will be a different story if he doesn't win that though. Anyway, just watched the Nadal v Federer SF of the masters cup last year, cheered me up immensely. :D Not exactly sure, but I think Federer's plays his first match in Halle tomorrow. Will be good to see if he's 'with it', because his body language was so bad last night.

Guest wonderbang
:tears: :tears: I don't remember seeing him this upset, but at least he's being very optimistic about the grass season. Will be a different story if he doesn't win that though. Anyway, just watched the Nadal v Federer SF of the masters cup last year, cheered me up immensely. :D Not exactly sure, but I think Federer's plays his first match in Halle tomorrow. Will be good to see if he's 'with it', because his body language was so bad last night.

He's playing his first match on Wednesday because the tournament director wanted him as rested as possible (perks for being a four-time winner of the event).... Federer flew to Halle via private jet on Tuesday and actually practiced that same day in the afternoon. I guess he wanted that awful final out of his memory as soon as possible.

Guest dOotsiez

bohemian_sprite, 'stinking it up' would be a pretty good phrase for it. I thought he was in tears towards the end. :(

Well I'm glad he's playing at Halle, and it's nice for the organisers to give him some time off, I bet they were pretty disappointed that he didnt play last year so they're happy to do whatever it takes so he comes and plays, Halle's not exactly Queen's Club, and second seed there is James Blake :mellow:

Okay I'm over the loss, GRASS GRASS GRASSS! Bjorn Borg is such a double-dipper, tipping Federer to win RG and then tipping Nadal to win Wimbledon. Hmm...I guess he's the one doing all the jinxing heh?

But it is getting so interesting now after that demoralising defeat. Hopefully Federer bounces back from that. Tennis is so dull without TMF.

Guest wonderbang

That's the danger of predicting things.....they can backfire in your face. Borg is probably thinking of withholding his prophetic powers from now on LOL.

Guest dOotsiez

Okay no more predictions, especially for Swedish tennis legends...

I say that now, but when the Wimbledon draws out come, I'd be shooting my mouth off about who's gonna win :D

Never have I appreciated the grass season more, it certainly brings out a different breed of players. Ancic over Verdasco? Haas def Stepanek? Nice to see Haas back from all the injuries, hopefully he lasts until Wimbledon (big ask). Nice to see Blake again too. If I were Federer, I'd get on my knees at Halle, and give the grass court a big hug and kiss. *muah*

Guest wonderbang
If I were Federer, I'd get on my knees at Halle, and give the grass court a big hug and kiss. *muah*

see ya later mirka? lol :P

Guest dOotsiez

^ LMAO!

Mentioning Mirka, apparently this is what a British tabloid wrote about the RG final

"Roger Federer was highly embarrassed at Roland Garros on Sunday afternoon. And he's only himself to blame for letting his tubby fiancée Mirka sit in the stands. Poor old Fed—he offered as much resistance to Rafael Nadal during the French Open as Mirka does when the dessert trolley appears.'"

OMG WHAT? :fury: so uncalled-for.

Get this, Davydenko is STILL playing on clay in Warsaw? What's wrong with this guy?! Keep up with the times mate, we're onto grass now :D

Guest wonderbang
Get this, Davydenko is STILL playing on clay in Warsaw? What's wrong with this guy?! Keep up with the times mate, we're onto grass now :D

I'm not surprised! A ton of players opt to play in the minor clay court tournaments that litter the rest of the year rather than grass or hard courts. In the case of Davydenko, maybe he's trying to keep his inflated number four ranking up? Who knows.....

And that Mirka comment was so meeeean....reminds me of when everyone called Serena fat at the AO (the year she won) and she just responded by saying "I'm just a booty-licious kinda person" or something along those lines...LMAO. You tell them Serena! :P

Guest wonderbang
Aww that's harsh. Poor Mirka.

She shouldn't be insulted because she loves her food.

lol....I love food too :)

Then again....I don't date the greatest tennis player of all time so I'm not exactly scrutinized for it :/

Anyhow, players are pulling out from the grass court warm-ups no doubt saving themselves for the Big W. It's understandable considering how short the gap is in between the two grand slams but unfortunate nonetheless.....sigh, the screwed up schedule of pro tennis. <_<

Guest crystal_t33rs

I know people've said it already, but it was really sad watching Fed try and do diff. things at RG and just keep coming up short-handed. :( I love Rafa, and he played some top-notch tennis Sunday. But Fed couldn't even hold serve very long or break more than one game! (Djoko even made it a tougher match at the SEMIS . . . Although I really didn't want to admit it.)

I saw his match today and he did play well! I saw a great running forehand that I missed seeing from Fed these days. I hope he wins at Halle! And Wimbledon, too, please! I'm so worried for Fed though because his schedule after Wimbledon's pretty packed! He's even playing at the Olympics and U.S. Open's RIGHT after it. Like no break days. I hope he can defend both W & U.S. Opens this year. ^^; Is that asking for too much? Heh.

How wrong Borg was in his predictions about Fed at RG this year. Will he be as wrong about Wimbledon? (Does anyone know how well Djoko plays on grass? I feel I've never seen him on it XD But he did make it to semis last year, I read)

Guest dOotsiez

^ Yeah I love both Rafa and Fed (you know which one I like a bit more), and Im happy for Rafa to play the perfect out-of-this-world tennis that he was playing on Sunday, but there was no reason why Federer couldn't have made more of a match out of that, it wasn't the Federer I saw in Hamburg just two weeks ago (nor was it the same Nadal for that matter, it was more like Nadal-possessed-by-the-jinx-of-Bjorn-Borg). yes in hindsight, Djoker at least had a set point in the SF. :( But at least Fed defended all his points, now he's just under 1200 points ahead of Nadal (whereas before AO he was about 300+). If he wins Halle, he'll get about another 400? Not doing too badly this year from that perspective.

Comments about women's physique is generally foul. I even saw some comments about SAFINA this FO. grrrr...

It would be bizarre and devastating if Fed doesnt win Halle. But Queens should be interesting, wonder if Roddick could win it again this year after his shoulder injury. And Djokovic could come out No 2 if Nadal was to do badly and he was to win it. And all I can say about. Davydenko is that he obviously doesn't have majors on his mind.

Archived