[Taiwan Drama] Absolute Boyfriend/"jue Dui Bi Shi"

Guest Bubble-Tea

Guest Bubble-Tea

Co-starring Wu Zun and Jolin TsaiWu Zun and Jolin Tsai to co-star in "Jue Dui Bi Shi" (Absolute Boyfriend)
Source : Baidu
translation by englishrose85 @ http://asianfanatics.net

Taiwan's top male idol, Wu Zun has some new action once again. After a year he will be returning to the small screen with Chinese music diva Jolin Tsai in the new drama "Absolute Boyfriend" adapted from a Japanese manga.

Comic book adaptions are the norm for Taiwan dramas. From the distant beginnings of Meteor Garden, there has been a comic book adaption almost every year. For example the recent drama "Honey and Clover" and in 2007 Hana Kimi set off an upsurge of ratings.

Earlier reports stated that Wu Zun will be focussing on the big screen, becoming more popular and improving his acting skills at the same time. The unexpected pairing of Wu Zun and Ah Sa for the movie "Butterfly Lovers" has just been fixed (?). The new drama has held a meeting and so there are many more surprises for the fans to look forward to.

As the male lead of the drama "Absolute Boyfriend" Wu Zun will be acting a challenging role. The main lead is a robot therefore Wu Zun must express feelings without using too much body language or too many expressions. He can only rely on his eyes and tone of voice. Wu Zun has never attempted this before, but is happy to accept the challenge, make new breakthroughs in his acting and allow the fans to see a different side to him.

Another focus of attention for this drama is singer Jolin Tsai. In recent years, Jolin has concentrated on her singing and dancing career. The fans have forgotten that more than six years ago Jolin and Show Luo (Xiao Zhu) worked together on "Hi! Working Girl". Jolin is in the entertainment circle and quite different from that time and full of confidence. In addition, Jolin has gained experience in shooting MVs and filming drama. In addition to the wonderful story of the original comic book, another idol drama with King Wu Zun will make great achievements!

Written by author Watase Yu and originally published in 2003, Absolute Boyfriend is about a boyfriend who has everything a girl wants. The comic book is about the love operations between a fussy young woman and a robot boyfriend. There are arguments, joy, moving moments and the human feelings go on from here. The new series will soon be announced, hoping that you will look forward to it.

Wu Zun
imageimage

Jolin Tsai
imageimage

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest keeptryin'

despite how there are many adaptions/remakes nowadays

im really excited b/c I like the leads/ I haven't seen Jolin Tsai in a drama since Hi! Working Girl

:rolleyes:

Taiwan TV drama industry lacks originality.

word :rolleyes: I wonder how come they never got into trouble with the Japanese over copyright issue. I mean BOF remake HanaDan but they got permission from the original author, plus he even visits them and all but I never heard Taiwanese TV getting any kind of permission.

Anyway, what would happen to the taiwanese drama industry if there were no manga :tongue2:

Guest PurpleRain

HAIZ...another remake.Good thing,i suppose for the idols fan..

i hope they don't spoilt my fav manga storyline.. :)

Guest speedingcars

LOL, I have no great expectations but I like Wu Zun, so maybe I'll give it a try.

I wonder who they'll cast as Hiro's role.

Guest t3n5h1_chu_k015h173

OMG what da heck???? <_< GOSH how come they make another remake again & again....why they can't make their own drama....:ph34r: I still prefer the japanese version is much better :rolleyes:

Guest lucky_moon

I'm gonna watch it for Wu Zun cuz I loved the Japanese version so hopefully the TW will be good as well..

Guest rurokenshin

i kinda wanna see thiss but i dunno how good wu chun + jolin acting together is gonna be

but im still looking forward to it=]

Cry some more, guys. I enjoy the whining.

word :rolleyes: I wonder how come they never got into trouble with the Japanese over copyright issue. I mean BOF remake HanaDan but they got permission from the original author, plus he even visits them and all but I never heard Taiwanese TV getting any kind of permission.

Anyway, what would happen to the taiwanese drama industry if there were no manga :tongue2:

Um. Maybe because they didn't violate any copyright agreements?

How are you so sure all these adaptations were not given the green light by the manga authors? Because there were no articles released about them?

Do you want them to send you a copy of their contract agreement to prove this to you?

Do you want the author to visit the cast every single time an adaptation is made, and then an article is released to prove to you that they got permission?

I don't know if you know this (you don't seem like you understand the concept of it at all), but copyright agreements can be made behind closed doors away from the eyes of the public.

(common sense) Copyright agreements exist even without articles released to the public about them, you know. There's a new tidbit for you.

---------------------------

It's not like the Taiwanese specifically pick out every stupid manga writer, and pray to God those manga writers won't sue them for copyright infringements.

If so, they are good at picking them because they have not been sued for a single Japanese adaptation as of yet.

Yes, this obviously lacks originality, but what's worse than lacking originality is lacking common sense.

Guest Honey_Babee

Cry some more, guys. I enjoy the whining.

Um. Maybe because they didn't violate any copyright agreements?

How are you so sure all these adaptations were not given the green light by the manga authors? Because there were no articles released about them?

Do you want them to send you a copy of their contract agreement to prove this to you?

Do you want the author to visit the cast every single time an adaptation is made, and then an article is released to prove to you that they got permission?

I don't know if you know this (you don't seem like you understand the concept of it at all), but copyright agreements can be made behind closed doors away from the eyes of the public.

(common sense) Copyright agreements exist even without articles released to the public about them, you know. There's a new tidbit for you.

It's not like the Taiwanese specifically pick out every stupid manga writer, and pray to God those manga writers won't sue them for copyright infringements.

If so, they are good at picking them because they have not been sued for a single Japanese adaptation as of yet.

HAHAHAH, love it. you said exactly what i wanted to say.

people are so damn whiny, if they want to have a remake, just let them, why do you care so much, if you dont like it. DONT WATCH IT, no one is forcing you. <_<

OMG what da heck???? <_< GOSH how come they make another remake again & again....why they can't make their own drama....:ph34r: I still prefer the japanese version is much better :rolleyes:

Yes. I prefer the Japanese version as well. It is much better.. BECAUSE THE TAIWANESE ONE IS john teshING NON-EXISTENT.

Guest kazenai

Why is there so many complains ?? ,

TIP :

if you : don't support it, or don't wanna watch it , or don't seven upport the taiwanese drama industry (which is Just as big as the japanese)

THEN DON'T WATCH IT

remakes are always interesting , I remember how some people were when BOF Korean was announced ....many people were patheticly compalining , then 1 month later you find them in the BOF threads on crunchyroll with "OMG , it's the best ...I like the korean more"

THerefore , I dont think there is room for complaining .

Every asian drama industry has a different way of acting , editing ,and storylines .

The taiwanese just seem to get more cheesy fun sometimes , a lot of overacting but it's watchable

whereas the korean is a more realistic way to act , and can produce more tears ...also HD supports it well

the japanese......hmmmm They make it for entertainment , most are realistic .

The asian drama industry is vast , so they can do diff remakes between one another .

....I don't support BOF china, but I don't post it in any thread (except now)

Guest novemberbaby

Uh, sorry to burst the bubble, but I saw this at AF a while ago and there's a dispute over whether it's confirmed or not. Some say it's a fan made thing. :unsure:

Archived