Horikoshi High School (a Real-life High School For Idols)

Guest mihsayam

Guest fatcupoftea

You have to be a Japanese citizen to apply and it's not just ANYONE can go there. That school is apparently freaking expensive. The reason why a lot of Johhny's boys attend there is because Johnny's pays for them and the school allows them to go. All the "normal" students are suppose to be loaded and I was told that the school is a "bad" school (meaning not good grades). A lot of schools in Japan won't let students in the entertainment industry into their school because even though it promotes the school it doesn't raise the schools rankings.

I guess it'd be cool to visit the school, but I don't think it's ideal if you're not planning on going into/are in the entertainment industry.

• Replies 194
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Xiao Miss

ayumi hamasaki didn't go there... she went to some high school in fukouka and is a high school drop out anyway. weird.

During her gravure modelling/drama days, she actualy studied here for quite a while. Also met ex-boyfriend Nagase Tomoya in this school.

Guest anmeijo

wow....

imagine going to school and seeing those poeple ... i would go crazy!!! >.<

andi watched LIFE and realized her too!

and lol!i would find someone who has a uniform, and borrow their ID card ( if u need it ) and sneak in.

You have to be a Japanese citizen to apply and it's not just ANYONE can go there. That school is apparently freaking expensive. The reason why a lot of Johhny's boys attend there is because Johnny's pays for them and the school allows them to go. All the "normal" students are suppose to be loaded and I was told that the school is a "bad" school (meaning not good grades). A lot of schools in Japan won't let students in the entertainment industry into their school because even though it promotes the school it doesn't raise the schools rankings.

I guess it'd be cool to visit the school, but I don't think it's ideal if you're not planning on going into/are in the entertainment industry.

agreed. As for the normal students there, perhaps they went to school there so they can brag about being in school with the stars :rolleyes: You obviously don't wwant to go there if you cares more about your grade.

• 2 weeks later...

I just wanna say, if you really wanna go to a good university, this is not a suitable school for you. A lot of idols went there because it's not very strict on the attendance. Plus, the curriculum is low, from what I read.

How do they transition into universities then? Or even get accepted?

I remember hearing members of Perfume speak about attending Horikoshi and how there wasn't a lot of schoolwork to be done. But like, if that school isn't known for it's academic standing, why would ANY university in Japan accept students that graduate from there?

How do they transition into universities then? Or even get accepted?

I remember hearing members of Perfume speak about attending Horikoshi and how there wasn't a lot of schoolwork to be done. But like, if that school isn't known for it's academic standing, why would ANY university in Japan accept students that graduate from there?

I wish I know about the transition.. but it is quite known that the education level at that school is considered below the normal standard *shrugs*

Also, I don't know how many of the normal students are accepted into the university, but as for the JE boys, many of the older JE boys didn't go to university, most just graduated from that school [and some dropped]. Only the younger generation are starting to go to university. Of course, there are smart JE boys after all [the ones who got accepted to university] and by being in this school, they had more freedom with their activities and they still study at the same time [i guess they had to study harder; I think there's one JE boy who leave the entertainment industry to pursue his education? Correct me if I'm wrong]. If they did well on the entrance exam they'll be accepted, right?

As for other students, I have no idea why they even go there; the tuition fee is freaking expensive [i've read somewhere it's around USD500,000 a year?] and the education standard is low :huh: I bet they won't even go there if there're no art course for the celebs [which is exclusively for students who signed to an agency] hehe

Also, how many of Horikoshi graduates [the artists] went to university? I only know Yamapi and Toma.. :mellow:

Archived