[movie 2009] Rabbit And Lizard 토끼와 리저드

eling

Rabbit & Lizard: In Theaters October 22nd

Thursday, 17 September 2009 05:09

Directed by Joo Ji Hong and starring Sung Yuri and Jang Hyuk, the movie, "Rabbit & Lizard," will be in theaters on October 22nd.

"Rabbit & Lizard" is a heart wrenching love story between an adoptee, May, and a man who has a rare heart disease.

Sung Yuri portrays the character, May, who travels to Korea in search of her biological mother who had abandoned her in her childhood. May is also trying to recover her lost memory. Sung Yuri transforms from a cute and lively image to an image of matured beauty.

After completion of his mandatory military service, Jang Hyuk has since starred in the dramas, "Thank You" and "Tazza." Currently, he is filming for the drama, "Chuno." In "Rabbit & Lizard," his character is one who suffers greatly due to his rare heart diease. For the role, he will transform from a handsome image into an actor with perception.

The movie has been invited to take part in the Pusan International Film Festival, which starts October 8th. "Rabbit & Lizard" will air in the "Today's Korean Movie" session before its official sneak preview.

credits: sungyuri.org

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Poster and Stills

04_p1.jpg

th_M0020047_KP_MAYBE_1W636-.jpg th_04_1.jpg th_04_2.jpg th_04_3.jpg th_04_5.jpg th_04_4.jpg th_04_6.jpg th_M0020048_KP_MAYBE_2W636-.jpg th_M0020049_KP_MAYBE_3W636-.jpg th_M0020053_KP_MAYBE_7W636-.jpg th_M0020051_KP_MAYBE_5W636-.jpg th_M0020121_01H585-.jpg th_04_7.jpg

Official Site

http://blog.naver.com/lizard2009

Other Related Sites

http://www.cine21.com/Movies/Mov_Movie/mov...il.php?id=26641

http://www.movist.com/article/mp.asp?type=1&mid=41904

Rabbit and Lizard Trailer

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

10-05-2009 16:44

Sung Yu-ri Makes Movie Debut Opposite Jang Hyuk

091005_p14_sung.jpg

Singer-turned-actress Sung Yu-ri makes her big screen debut opposite popular actor Jang Hyuk in the mellow romance "Maybe" by director Joo Ji-hong. The movie will premiere at the 14th Pusan (Busan) International Film Festival (PIFF) before hitting theaters nationwide Oct. 22. / Courtesy of Lotte Cinema

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

Singer-turned-actress Sung Yu-ri makes her big screen debut opposite Jang Hyuk in a mellow seasonal romance, ``Maybe.''

The movie also marks the local film debut of acclaimed France-based auteur Joo Ji-hong, whose filmography includes ``Le Mal de Dents'' starring Kristin Scott Thomas. "Maybe" will premiere at the 14th Pusan (Busan) International Film Festival (PIFF), which runs from Oct. 8 to 16, before a nationwide theatrical release Oct. 22.

Best known as a former member of K-pop band Fin.K.L, Sung has become a regular leading lady on the small screen, most recently appearing in the big budget TV soap ``Swallowing the Sun'' (SBS).

``I've always wanted to do movies but it seemed too overwhelming, having to fill the huge screen with your face and acting. I could not have done it without the support of the director, Jang Hyuk and the crew,'' Sung told reporters at a promotional event Monday in Seoul.

``Singer-turned-actors tend to be less fearful of cameras, which is an advantage. But because they are often high-profile when they make their acting debut they are often prone to cold criticism. The criticism can be hurtful, but I've realized that it is a sign of interest and one must overcome it. I'm also trying my best,'' she said.

When asked about what the crossover from TV soaps to films was like, the 28-year-old said she was able to focus better on the set. ``The director and crew create an environment for you to completely immerse yourself in, to focus only on acting. (My character) May is silent and introverted, so the crew tried to help me stay in character by not talking to me as much. It's a pity though because I didn't get to befriend the crew, and I got a little bored later on because people didn't speak to me,'' she said.

To prepare for her role as a quiet woman who was adopted by overseas parents at a young age, she said she spent a lot of time alone and watched documentaries about adoption. She also practiced her English skills.

The director said that ``contrary to public opinion, Sung has a knack for playing out emotions'' and promised that the movie would ``show a new side of the actress.''

``Maybe'' is about May, who returns to Korea in search of her birth family. However, she is disappointed to learn that both of her parents had died in a car accident. As she turns away deeply disappointed, she picks up a wallet, which, coincidentally, belongs to Eun-seol (Jang), the taxi driver that drove her earlier that day.

Eun-seol, on the other hand, suffers from a rare terminal disease from which the heart can stop beating any moment, and thus lives each day expecting the worst. The two strangers recognize in each other a kindred spirit suffering from a painful past, and empathy eventually grows into love.

Jang said the movie is not so much about the agony of being seriously ill, but about interacting with the everyday things of life ― such as love ― while dealing with a particular health condition. Joo said that Jang was a versatile actor who could express the diverse emotions required of the part.

The 32-year-old actor said he was fortunate to work with Sung. ``She is a very diligent actress and our harmony was wonderful,'' he said. ``I must have done a lot of good things in my past life because I get to work with the most beautiful actresses,'' chuckled Jang, who has starred opposite screen beauties before, such as Jun Ji-hyun in ``Windstruck.''

Meanwhile the two leading actors made headlines by investing their guarantees into the film's production cost.

Distributed by Lotte Entertainment.

source: koreatimes

hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

Sung Yu-ri Makes Big-Screen Debut

2009-10-08

Sung Yu-ri has talked about the difficulties she had making her career transition from a member of girl group FINKL to acting. "I was hurt a lot because I had to endure harsh criticism of my acting," she said at a press conference for her film debut "Rabbit and Lizard" on Monday.

"I have wanted to be in a film for such a long time, but there was so much pressure. I was overwhelmed and scared by the idea of my face filling up a huge screen and my acting being revealed everywhere."

Sung started out as a member of then-hot girl group FINKL in 1998; her acting debut came in 2002 in TV soap "Bad Girls." "For an actor or actress who used to be a singer, not being afraid of the camera can be a strength," she says. "But the more popular you were as a singer, the more pressure you get, and the harsher the criticism will be. So you become very vulnerable and can get hurt easily. That was the case for me. You have to overcome adversity well, taking criticism as expression of attention from fans."

"Rabbit and Lizard" is the story of a Korean-American adoptee who comes back to Seoul to find her biological mother and memories of the past. It was officially invited to the "Korean Cinema Today -- Panorama" section of the 14th Pusan International Film Festival kicking off on Thursday. It goes on general release on Oct. 22.

source: chosun

--------------------------------------------------------------

14th Pusan International Film Festival Red Carpet(2009-10-08)

th_1255002688162_2-1.jpg th_2009100820402080291_1.jpg th_994ddbb41086215e8bd4b2b4.jpg th_o7677k.jpg th_091008_song32.jpg th_200910082156441123_1.jpg th_SSI_20091008211729_V.jpg th_PYH2009100814070001300_P2.jpg th_2009100820360350684_1.jpg th_PYH2009100813760001300_P2.jpg th_PYH2009100814020001300_P2.jpg th_PYH2009100814140001300_P2.jpg th_PP09100800201.jpg th_200910082105162100_1.jpg th_200910082103192100_1.jpg th_PYH2009100816120005100_P2.jpg th_NISI20091009_0001817379_web.jpg th_200910082329481003_1.jpg th_c961d4003d81dc3c738b656e.jpg

------------------------------------

Rabbit & Lizard Press Conference

Part 1:

Part 2:

Part 3:

Sung Yuri & Jang Hyuk - 14th Pusan International Film Festival

credits: crybabytt

Of all the couples pairing that night for 14th Pusan International Film Festival, Sung Yuri and Jang Hyuk were the most BEAUTIFUL and eye catching throughout the night, they really look GREAT together.

Of all the beautiful actresses that Jang Hyuk had cooperated before, I have to say that he look BEST with Sung Yuri and Lee Da Hae, but I have to choose Sung Yuri more with Jang Hyuk because Sung Yuri has more advantage in term of height and figure with him. While Lee Da Hae is very tall and skinny when standing beside him.

Of all the gowns in the 14th Pusan Int'l Film Festival, I love Sung Yuri, Han Ji Hye, Soo Ae and Han Hye Jin BEST.

'Maybe/Rabbit and Lizard' Screening - 14th PIFF(09-Oct-09)

th_200910091940517701914A_2.jpg th_200910091939107659660A_1.jpg th_200910091939557672708A_1.jpg th_200910091940517701914A_1.jpg

-----------------------------------------

2009 APAN Star Road (09-Oct-09)

th_200910092131461003_1.jpg th_PYH2009100914520001300_P2.jpg th_PYH2009100914560001300_P2.jpg th_image_readtop_2009_526841_125509271.jpg th_200910092302331122_1.jpg th_200910092300511125_1.jpg th_200910092309028895571A_1.jpg th_200910092309028895571A_2.jpg th_PP09100900196.jpg th_piffapan.jpg th_200910100009451.jpg

--------------------------------------------------

Rabbit & Lizard Press Conference (10-5-09):

Congratulation Messages from fellow celebs:

Rabbit & Lizard fanmeeting:

credits: crybabytt

Thanks cjoey for sharing the photos from the outdoor PIFF event.

They look so lovely. And congratulate Sung Yuri on her successful debut in film. :lol:

[토끼와 리저드①]성유리, 미국 입양아...세상과 자신을 단절시킨 ‘메이’

movieweek04.jpg

메이는 친엄마를 찾아 23년 만에 서울에 온 미국 입양아다. 언제나 MP3 플레이어 이어폰을 귀에 꽂은 채 세상과 자신을 단절시킨 메이. 사실 메이가 홀로 비행기에 오른 이유는 자신의 등에 도마뱀처럼 꿈틀대는 짙은 흉터 때문이다. 메이는 묻고 싶다. 무엇이 자신에게 이토록 깊은 상처를 남겼는지. 그런 메이 앞에 이상한 택시 기사 은설이 나타난다. 홀로 낯선 땅을 밟은 그녀에게, 은설은 불쑥 손을 내민다.

성유리는 처음부터 메이가 마음에 들었다. “아픔이 있는데 표현을 안 해요. 어디가 아픈 걸까, 궁금하게 만드는 캐릭터여서 매력이 있었어요. 뭔가 알고 싶고, 친해지고 싶고.” 메이의 등에 깊이 새겨진 도마뱀 ‘리저드’(Lizard)는 그녀의 의문점과 욕구 불만이 터져 나올 때마다 꿈틀거렸다. 메이가 말로 표현할 수 없어 가슴속에 꾹꾹 담아둔 것들이 몸부림치는 순간, 성유리는 그녀의 고독을 느꼈다. “메이에게 은설은 존재의 이유만으로도 크게 느껴지는 사람이에요. 열정적인 사랑보다 어찌 보면 아빠 같은? 옆에 있어줘서 힘이 나고, 내 상처를 알아줄 것 같은 그런 사람.”

[토끼와 리저드②]장혁, 희귀병 환자...자신의 마지막을 준비한는 ‘은설’

movieweek03.jpg

은설은 심장이 2~3초씩 멈추는 희귀병 민히제스틴증후군 환자다. 택시 운전사인 그는 치매를 앓는 70세 할머니를 보살피며 하루하루 자신의 마지막을 준비한다. 언제 찾아올지 모를 죽음은 은설에게 그저 추상적이다. 조금씩 가빠오는 호흡이 오늘 멈추는 건 아닐까, 가슴을 옥죄다가도 통증이 가시면 그냥 그뿐. 흐린 그의 일상에 어느 날 삐딱한 여자 메이가 끼어든다. 지독히 외로워 보이는 이 여자, 누굴까.

장혁은 은설이 흥미로웠다. “언젠가는 죽을 거란 사실을 누구나 알잖아요. 그런 느낌으로 죽음을 받아들이는 거예요. 다만 이 친구에게는 내일이 없어요. 하루를 살지 30년을 살지 모르니까. 오늘도 오늘이고, 어제도 내일도 모두 ‘오늘’로 사는 거죠.” 자신의 병을 망각한 듯 초연한 은설의 일상. 무료하게 살아가던 그가 메이를 만났을 때, 장혁은 은설의 심장이 호기심으로 고동치는 소리를 들었다. “해외 입양을 갔다가 부모님을 찾으러 온 이유가 정체성 문제나 그리움이 아니라 상처에 대한 호기심 때문이라니. 은설은 메이가 궁금해진 거예요. 포커스 흐리던 눈동자가 차츰 생기를 되찾을 만큼.”

[토끼와 리저드③]성유리, “말없는 ‘메이’ 역에 한눈에 반해?”

movieweek02.jpg

-장혁 씨는 시나리오를 우연히 보게 되셨다면서요?

장혁 원래 다른 작품의 기획 때문에 영화사를 찾았다가 주지홍 감독님을 만나 <토끼와 리저드> 시나리오를 읽게 됐죠. 캐릭터가 너무 재밌었어요. 대중적인 색깔과 예술적 욕망이 적절히 밸런스를 이뤘다는 느낌도 받았고요.

성유리 제가 처음 받았을 때는 지금보다 더 어렵다고 해야 하나? 엔딩도 조금 달랐어요. 메이가 호숫가를 데굴데굴 구르다가 빠져서 공기방울 하나가 뽀르륵 올라오는. 단편을 염두에 두고 만든 시나리오라 추상적인 느낌이 있었어요.

-시나리오가 많이 바뀌었나요?

성유리 난해하다는 얘기가 많아서 점점 친절하게 바뀌었어요. 감독님이 오랫동안 프랑스에 계셨기 때문에 영화가 어떤 색깔로 그려질지 궁금했고, 메이라는 캐릭터가 너무 마음에 들어서 기다렸죠.

-캐릭터의 어떤 점이 그렇게 마음에 드셨나요?

장혁 제가 본 은설은 ‘환자’가 아니에요. 아픈 걸 인정하지만 초연히 일상을 살아가는 사람? 감독님이랑 색깔이 맞았어요. 감독님도 “배고프면 밥 먹고, 아프면 병원 가는 건 다른 사람들이랑 비슷한데 당신은 심장이 아프다. 일상은 무료하다. 그리고 어떤 여자를 만난다. 이 세 가지 안에서 해보자”고 하셨거든요.

성유리 저는 이제까지 발랄하거나 억척스럽고 대사가 굉장히 많은 캐릭터만 하다가 말없는 메이를 만나 한눈에 반했어요.(웃음)

-실제 성격도 조용한 편이세요?

장혁 유리 씨는 굉장히 교양이 있어요.

-제작보고회에서도 ‘여백의 미가 있는 배우’라고 칭찬하셨죠?

장혁 처음에는 유리 씨가 드라마와 다른 스크린의 사이즈에 부담을 느끼신 것 같았어요. TV는 생활권 안에서 시청하니까 아무래도 액션이 설명적인데 영화는 암실에서 보니까 집중하게 되잖아요? 그래서 촬영 초반에는 TV에서처럼 뭔가 더 해야 되지 않나 하는 생각을 하신 거예요. 근데 금세 영화에 맞는 여백을 만드시더라고요.

성유리 영화가 TV보다 전달이 쉬울 거라는 생각은 했는데 막상 현장에 오면 뭔가 더 해야 할 것 같고. 잘하고 있는 건가 의문을 가질 때 (장혁) 오빠가 많이 도와주셨어요.

-현장에서 대화를 많이 나누신 듯한데, 주지홍 감독님과는 어떠셨나요?

장혁 감독님이랑은 작품 얘기를 많이 안 했어요. 그냥 일상적인 대화를 했죠. 감독님이 “밥 먹었어요?” 하시면 “네” “배 안 고파요?” “밥 먹었다니까….”(일동 폭소)

성유리 감독님이 배우들의 본모습을 자연스레 끌어내는 능력이 있으신 것 같아요. 일부러 진지하게 분위기를 만드는 스타일은 아니고 편안하게.

-시나리오 묘사가 매우 세세한 편이었어요. 메이가 전화를 하면서 벽에 붙은 스티커를 뗀다든가 하는 지문도 있고요.

장혁 감독님이 “이건 하나의 본보기고 이런 느낌으로 본인들이 생각하는 연기를 해봐라” 하고 열어주셨어요.

성유리 저는 처음 있는 일인데, 메이의 방을 촬영하는 날 조명감독님이 저한테 오셔서 지금 메이의 감정이 어떠냐고 물어보셨어요. 설명해 드렸더니 그럼 조명을 어떤 식으로 했으면 좋겠냐고 하시더라고요. 그런 디테일한 부분까지 배우와 상의하시는 모습에 감동했어요. 드라마는 시간에 쫓기다 보니 놓치는 게 많은데 영화는 보다 완성도 있는 작업이라는 생각이 들었어요.

장혁 제가 평가할 입장은 못 되지만 유리 씨가 현장에서 정말 잘 ‘놀았다’는 느낌이 엿보였어요.(웃음)

[토끼와 리저드④]장혁, “자고 안 자고의 문제?...우리 사랑은 진행 중”

movieweek01.jpg

-실제 모습도 많이 반영됐을 것 같아요.

장혁 제 경우는 이번 작품에서 내가 이런 환경에서 자랐다면 이런 느낌으로 크지 않았을까 하는 생각이 들었어요. 그래서 외부에서 찾기보다는 상황 안에서 궁리를 했죠. 치매에 걸린 할머니와의 관계나 은설의 병, 잊고 있던 어릴 때의 기억과 연관된 요소들을 미리 떠안고 갈 필요는 없다고 판단했어요. 사건이 닥치기 전까지는 일상을 사는 느낌으로 쉽게 가려고 했어요.

-은설과 메이가 마음을 여는 과정도 인위적인 구석이 없더군요. 멜로치고 아주 느긋하다는 인상이었어요.

장혁 감독님이 처음부터 일부러 친해지지 말라고 하셨어요. 어차피 시나리오 안에서도 서서히 마음을 여는 거니까 현실에서도 회차 지나면서 자연스레 가까워지라고.

성유리 촬영 전까지 일부러 오빠도 안 보여주셨어요. 제가 은설은 언제 오냐고 하면 그냥 현장에서 보라고 하셨죠. 그게 다 의도였다고 하시더라고요. 크랭크 인 후에도 처음에는 말도 섞지 말라고 하셨어요.

장혁 덕분에 지금은 굉장히 친해요.(웃음)

-극 중 관계도 정열적이라기보다 짠한 구석이 있던데요?

장혁 어떤 선상에서 가는 멜로라기보다 ‘아, 나랑 같이 가는 선이 있구나’ 하는 느낌.

성유리 특별히 나를 위해 뭔가 해줘서 사랑을 느끼는 게 아니에요. 처음에는 귀찮고 싫고 뭐 이런 사람이 다 있나 싶은데, 곁에 있으면 든든한 관계인 거죠. 현장에서 ‘은설과 메이가 하룻밤을 같이했을까’에 대한 얘기도 많이 했는데, 재밌는 게, 여자들은 대부분 ‘안 잤다’고 하고 남자들은 반대였어요.

장혁 자고 안 자고의 문제가 아니라 어쨌든 그들의 관계가 한발 가까워졌다는 게 중요한 거죠.

-둘 사이의 결정적인 연결고리가 바로 ‘토끼’와 ‘리저드’죠?

성유리 토끼는 은설이 과거 어떤 사건에서 봤던 빨간 토끼 인형이에요. 뭔지 모르겠지만 항상 마음속에 있고 평생 그걸 찾아 헤매는 인생의 키 같은 것. 리저드는 메이가 끝까지 밝히고 싶어하는 과거이자, 처음으로 사랑을 느끼게 되는 상대의 흔적이죠.

장혁 사실 그냥 미장센으로 볼 수도 있는 거예요. 창 밖에 비가 내리는 걸 보면서 왜 올까를 따지다 보면 엘니뇨에 지구 온난화 현상까지 가야 하잖아요?(일동 폭소) 그러니까 토끼는 은설에게, 리저드는 메이에게, 그냥 ‘비가 떨어지는 구나’ 하는 느낌의 ‘이미지’인 거죠.

성유리 여담인데, 그 도마뱀 모양의 흉터 분장을 하고 공기를 불어넣으면 실제로 상처가 꿈틀거려요. 근데 그게 정말 기분이 안 좋아요. 진짜 떼버리고 싶을 만큼. 이걸 20여 년간 갖고 있으면 정말 너무 화가 날 것 같다고 생각했어요. 메이처럼.(웃음)

-결말이 상당히 암시적이에요.

성유리 남녀 관계에서는 어쨌든 서로의 마음을 확인했을 때가 가장 행복하잖아요? 그 뒤엔 헤어질 수도 있는 거니까.

장혁 대학교 1학년 때 <비포 선라이즈>를 봤는데 이선 호크가 줄리 델피를 기차에서 데리고 나가면서 한 대사가 아직까지 잊히지 않아요. 지금 내가 당신한테 수작을 거는 게 아니라 시간이 흘러 당신이 결혼하고 권태기를 맞았을 때 남편보다 하나도 나은 게 없는 과거의 남자를 생각하며 권태기를 벗어날 기회를 주는 거라고. 시작과 끝이 분명하지는 않지만 뭔가를 공유한다는 느낌이 좋았어요. 저희 영화도 둘이 함께하는 시간은 1주일이 채 안 돼요. 우리는 진행 중입니다. 그게 결론인 것 같아요.

credits: movieweek

Sung Yu Ri Debutes On Big Screen

[2009-10-13]

Actress Sung Yoo-ri, who has debuted on big screen in the movie "Maybe", recently made the statement, "It was great pressure for me because my face filled the entire screen and my acting was shown to everyone in the world. But we were able to finish the shoot smoothly thanks to the support of the production team. Now it's up to viewers to judge if it was good or not". At the production announcement for the movie on October 5 at Lotte Avenue, Sung introduced herself as a "new actress".

7164_449_l.jpg

"Maybe" is a story about May, a woman who was adopted in the U.S. when she was young and visited her home country 23 years later in search of her identity. To portray her character, Sung had to perfectly depict the feelings of despair, loss and hope without saying many lines.

Sung said, "Unlike my previous characters, May doesn't talk much. I had to portray her feelings through facial expressions, so I thought a lot of what I would think if I were her. I also watched documentaries about adopted children and learned English".

"The production team hardly ever talked to me because I didn't have to say many lines. At first, I liked it but then it became boring. I chose this movie because of its exotic and unusual scenario", added the actress.

Jang Hyuk, who plays a taxi driver with a rare heart disease, said Sung worked hard and lauded her acting skills as natural. He also added that he liked his character for his refusal to give up and his efforts to do his best. He said, "Despite his heart disease, my character continues to live to the fullest and even meets new women. That's why I told the director that I wanted to take this tole".

"Maybe" was directed by Joo Ji-hong, who debuted in France in 2004. It is his first domestic production, and it was invited to the 14th Pusan International Film Festival in the category "Korean Film Today - Panorama".

"Maybe" is slated for release on October 22.

7164_450_l.jpg

source: KBS Global

-------------------------------------------------------------

12554348292009101320543.th.jpg 12554348292009101320543e.th.jpg

credit: syr dc gall

------------------

Maybe/Rabbit and Lizard Trailer 2

The OST will be released on 23rd Oct.

http://www.11st.co.kr/product/SellerProduc...HllZxPkxF7liIuU

rnlost.jpg

[Disc 1]

1. Maybe(Korean version) (노래:길은경)