[drama Japan 09] 銭ゲバ(zeni Geba)

Guest Brunhild(Ponyo)

Guest Brunhild(Ponyo)

Matsuyama Kenichi's new drama. Dark but addictive!
f_12.jpg

Synopsis:

Gamagori Futaro has been poor since the day he was born. As a child his recklessly wasteful and abusive father sunk the family into debt and disappeared, leaving Futaro and his sick mother to fend for themselves. With no money to pay for medical treatment for his ailing mother she eventually died. After her death Futaro became obsessed with money and willing to do anything for it. Several years pass and Futaro finds himself working at "Mikuni Shipbuilding" where he meets the company president's daughters Midori, who was his former classmate, and her younger sister Akane, who is disabled, and like Futaro, has a scarred face. In a plot to acquire their fathers company, Futaro begins to get close the sisters...

Cast :

Gamagori Futaro (23)

Saito Ryusei as young Futaro (11)

Mimura as Mikuni Midori (24)

Miyagawa Daisuke as Ogino Satoshi (36)

Kinami Haruka as Mikuni Akane (21)

Ishibashi Anna as Nonomura Kaori (16)

Suzuki Hiroki as Sugeta Jun (25)

Takuma Seiko as Nonomura Haruka (34)

Shiho as Kuwata Haruko (19)

Yamamoto Kei as Mikuni Joji (56)

Okunuki Kaoru as Gamagori Momoko (35)

Mitsuishi Ken as Nonomura Yasuhiko (48)

Ryo as Nonomura Shoko (36)

Shiina Kippei as Gamagori Kenzo (45)

source: http://wiki.d-addicts.com/Zeni_Geba

Zeni Geba's been aired since Jan. It is one of the best Matsuyama Kenichi's main role dramas. I am addicted to it recently! His acting is so skillfull that he will definitely get academy award in Japan. It is a very dark drama but at the same time, it it will addictively draw you in!

Guest susamirain

I have been watching this drama as it comes out. I love Kenichi and am a big fan! It's pretty good so far and interesting watching him plot out his dubious plans. Kenichi acting is really good and he's playing a character so different from L. I can't wait till the next episode:)

Guest lilmariah35

In this drama matsuken is not cute at all. He's more like sexy in a very scary way. XD

I'm at the third episode and so far I'm enjoying it. Sometimes it's REALLY disturbing.

I wonder if the family restaurant people will have a bigger role in this...and who was on the damn pic the girl showed futarou.

A funny vid I saw about that scene http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EuuUth_dsCg XDDD

Guest Brunhild(Ponyo)

On the other note, I am also a big fan of the author of the original story manga. So I want to add some descriptions and post some of the pictures from George Akiyama(the author).

I wanted to let you know how great this original story was. It was a popular manga from boy's magazine, "Shonen Sunday" back in old days, 70's. It was definitely a masterpiece and it triggered public's attention that manga can be as artistic as the best literatures. (Manga was seen as a second class culture, maybe still now but this one is an exceptional and there are many exceptionals after this one). "Zenigeba" means "Money crazy". Zeni means money and Geba was heard often in 70's from the word of German; Gewalt; political violence. So George Akiyama neoterized it. Well I never know they actually used that word often around that time but there were lots of campus activists around that period and did political war in the schools everywhere.

Fuutaro is a poor and ugly guy with a miserable childhood and still lives as a social leper. He has an extreme obsession in money. He would do whatever he could in order to grab money including murder. He will get a lot of money eventually but what is he going to do after getting all what he wanted?

This manga/drama makes you think what the real happiness is. The expressions are somewhat shocking but you would definitely feel the author's edge and human ugliness and twisted negative power.. It was released in early 70's when Japan was not as affluent as today and adults were hurt after the war. Japan was full of twisted souls just like Fuutaro. So it reflects Japan's post war darkness.

51YesXB1WpL__SS500_.jpg

41B3NJ4R8GL__SS500_.jpg

Guest luthien

^^ Thanks for more details... Matsuyama is definitely one of the younger actors I look out for. I started watching it, it's different from the usual dramas, quite intriguing actually. But it's dark, scary and sorta weird. Makes you wonder what he'll do next.. or how, if ever, he will get caught in his schemes.

The kid fuutaro is the same kid from Ryusei no Kizuna, an exceptional child actor imo.

Guest lucky_moon

I have watched the drama till Ep2 & so far it's so interesting to see how people's desire for money makes them turn to monster, so far my favorite drama for this season along with Akai Ito..

Matsu Ken is :wub:

I started watching the drama because of him, and I'm already loving his character Fuutaro.

His character reminds me of "L" in DN, but this time, he's darker, more mysterious, and he's on the evil side?

It's sad that he has to be this way, I wonder if he will ever have his redemption later on?

Fuutaro is wicked. Word.

Matsu Ken is awesome playing this demented and conflicted role..

I've only watched up till Ep 2.

It was darn harsh, when he told Akane by covering her ears, that he was using her to get her father's empire/fortune. :crazy: When he plays innocent in front of the sisters, I go, darn, he's a freaking convincing actor!

Guest hikarinokokoro

Gah!! It is dark .. gah i love matsuyama haha! but why do the episodes come out so slow ..or why is there such little episodes?! T_T

Love this guy, he perfects his roles all the time

but I would like to see him playing a non dark character for once :unsure:

He's played other characters.

Goofy detective type in Sexy Voice and Robo, high school student (Gokusen, 1 Litre), rocker guitarist (Nana), etc.

man in ep 3..

what's depressing is that

he actually killed a guy.. gee. ---; wtelf.. hahaa

he killed 3 dudes so far..

and he manipulates everything for money.

and that hmm maid in the house.. she knows what's going on but afrait to tell..

aigoo xD how can there be such person. hahaha im soo addicted to this drama

^ Man, he killed another guy? Wicked man!

I have to catch up...>.<

I've only seen him in 1 litre of tears...but I think he's better playing angst-y characters, or more so, mysterious and dark characters. His expressions are just so spot on...

He reminds me a lil of Park Hae Jin...XP

Guest schokolade

I just finished watching episode 4.

I like how this is completely different from any of the works

I've watched of Kenichi Matsuyama.

I never thought he could play such a sinister character.

I like how there's a bit of humor added here and there and I'm

extremely curious as to see how the whole series unfolds! :D

Archived