[동방신기] Dbsk, Tvxq, Thsk Official Thread 4

Guest Ringy

Guest petiteange22

Singing skills, hmmm?

1. Junsu 9.8/10 (Shining voice) I came from a country where people sing ALL the time, and I mean all. the. friggin'. time. so I'm a pretty experienced listener (not singer lol) of very talented live singers from amateur to professionals and celebrities and I have to say that Junsu is right up there with the greatest live performers in the world. He borders on absolute pitch and rarely goes off-tune and on those rare occasions he's obviously sick or exhausted. His voice is so obviously trained through the years that when I first heard it I thought he might have had a background on opera or something lol. Only thing I can point out is that I hope he can moderate his vibrato a little, depending on the song ^^

2. Changmin 9 /10 (Crystal voice) Again Minnie is usually underrated in this category T.T If we're talking individual skills I think Minnie is clearly fit to be a solo singer. He's been trained to sing the higher notes because he's one of the rare vocalists who can reach those notes and still keep the volume. The others' voices thin out on very high notes (which is usually the case for most singers) but Minnie's stays the same so when they do acapella for example, you can clearly hear him more than he should be heard xD I hope he holds his mic like Junsu does when singing high notes (Junsu holds his mic away and does this side singing so it doesn't sound as sharp to the ears.) and practice controlling his voice more although these past few years he has been improving so much ^^

3. Jaejoong 9/10 (Angel voice) Jaejoong is gifted with a naturally beautiful voice quality. I think his voice is soothing and relaxing and he can cover various genres which is an indispensable skill. Only thing is that he finds it difficult to switch from high to low/ low to high and he drags his notes when he's switching. His vocals are improving with each new song, though and I'm pretty sure he'll be as good as Junsu technique-wise in the future :D

4. Yunho 7.5/10 (Lifting voice) I called his voice lifting because in acapellas his bass lifts the other boys' voices up and makes them ring beautifully in our ears. I think his bass voice (on recorded songs) is top-notch. I had a friend back home who is incidentally a professional bass singer for a record company comment on Yunho's voice when I asked him to youtube the HaHaHa commercial and Whatever They Say acapella and he said that Yunho's bass is "crazy good" ^^Y

5. Micky 7.5/10 (Silky voice) I love Micky's voice when he talks :o It's soooo sexy and sensual. I think when it comes to recorded songs, Micky's voice easily becomes my 2nd or 3rd favorite depending on the song but during live his health is again, the issue I think T.T He runs out of breath easily which breaks his voice and he turns to using his throat voice which is not good for his vocals when overused T.T But really, when he's in tip-top shape, he sings soooo good. :D

like toally!! agree with your analysis!! esp junsu!!! <333

Dance Rank:

1. Junsu!!! Without a doubt. Most say Yunho is the best but to me, is more about the feeling, and to me Junsu's moves are more natural and it's pure sexiness.

2. Yunho: He's def. a great dancer, but to me his more of the tecnichal type. Like he learns and can do it perfectly in terms of tecnic

3. Jaejoong: I know he's kind of funny at times but I like his weirdness. Sometimes he seems really free, and for some reasons, he looks like it would be nice to dance with him at a club XD (not that it wouldn't be with any other member, but he always does sexy facial expression, biting, tounge, etc) but yeah, there are time where he's too selfconcious.

4. Changmin: Sadly I rarely pay attention to his dancing (when it comes to dance my eyes are mostly glued to Junsu, ironically,jae is my fave XD) But of the few time I see him while dancing, specially rising sun. I really like it!! Actually his height isn't bad when it comes to dancing. (Yunho!) but he def prefers singing.

5. He's all about singing and writing, isnt' he. All the emotion he puts while singing leaves him without energy for dancing XD But I like his freestyle!!

i totally agree with your comments on each member!! it was also in rising sun that i noticed that max could actually dance really well!!

vocals...

1. junsu - he ALWAYS ALWAYS WOWS me. never fails to amaze me with his singing. the emotions, the range, the power, the high notes etc. pure awesomeness

2. jae - something about his voice that radiates warmth. very nice and soothing

3. micky - i like the somewhat husky voice

4. yunho - i think he used to be the weakest in terms of singing ability. but recently i just feel that he has improved so much

5. max - he's well known for his high-notes + climax screams

and.. i couldn't resist!!!

my baby girl and boy with jj. haha. sorry, i was in dream mode. hahahahahaha

babygirl.png

babyboy.png

• Replies 40.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest mitsuki3

Dancing skill

1. Yunho: He's the best in dancing!! I like when he dance, so sexy!

2. Junsu: he's the best too, but I like Yunho's style better, except Junsu's hip dance, the best of the best, so sexy

3. Yoochun: His dance is cute and sometime sexy and some are funny, he always shy when he dance in TV show

4. Jaejoong: His dance is funny and cute, like in the X-men, I can't stop laughing, but to see him dance in 9095..ah, so good.

5. Changmin: His dance is ok too, not seeing him dance lately, maybe because I only focus at Yunjae,sorry Minnie...

Singing skill

1. Jaejoong: I like his beautiful voice, everytime I listen, I feel peace..

2. Junsu: he has a very good skill, maybe better than Jaejoong, but I like Jae better, sorry Junjang..

3. Changmin: His high note is super good, and in Survivor, I like his voice the most.I think his voice suit that song

4. Yunho: His bass voice is very good, I like when he rap and I always try to listen his bass voice, it's so manly

5. Yoochun: His voice sometime sexy, but sometime I just can't understand what he said because it's too husky, but I like every song that he wrote though.

Guest Honey_KizZ

Question:

Does anyone know the time and link (just like infatuated request) for TBS?? Thank's so much..

idk what everyone else who doesnt have japanese tv

uses to watch TBS, but i use Keyhole tv. not sure if it's going

to work this time, cuz i havent used it for awhile. it usually lags and is LQ.

u can download it here:

http://xorsyst.com/japan/watch-japanese-tv-online/

TBS is the last channel on the list.

here's the time:

Thursday, June 25th - Tokyo Friend Park 2 at 7:55pm on TBS

u can check your time here:

http://www.worldtimezone.com/

Guest kinkie_lass

my takes on DBSK members' voice.

1. Yoochun - He's got the best voice for me. i look forward to his part the most in every song. although he sometimes messed up when he sings live, but the tone of his voice suits my ears the most.

2. Changmin - he's amazing range blows me away. his voice doesn't have the distinctive quality Junsu and Jaejoong possessed (sometimes i'm confused of his voice and Yunho's >.<) but he's truly an awesome singer

3. Junsu/Jaejoong - of course their voice is crowd's favorite but honestly their voice isn't my cup of tea. these two are amazing when they sing live so props to them for that and like i mentioned earlier, there's no other voices like them in the industry.

4. Yunho - he's my favorite member but his singing leaves a lot to be desired especially when he sings nasally it bugs me a lot! but hey, for someone who survived from a throat infection his voice isn't bad at all. and like someone else had said the quality of his bass is top notch.

Guest des_ire

My ranking for singing is:

1)I'm sorry but su has got to be the best for me. His voice makes me melt.. that boy was born to sing, his voice is absolutely stunning.

everytime I watch him perform.. he's so passionate, I just can't take my eyes off of him!! I hate to say it but can't wait for his solo albums in the future :D

2)Jae has got the voice of an angel, so pretty^^

3)Chunnie's voice is so smexy and he can hit the high notes

4)Minnie and Yunho are both at similar levels for me. Min is more of a high tone and Yunho just has a nice voice overall

Ranking for dancing:

1)susu again :P I totally agree that Yunho is such a great dancer but I feel more with su's dancing. He seems more natural and gives more feeling.

like when I watch him, he totally catches my eye.. I know its probably cause I'm a su fan haha.

2)Yunho is a superb dancer.. probably can choreograph better than su.. but more about the dance than feeling I think.

3)Chun, Min, and Jae are all similar with dancing. chun seems more laid back with dancing maybe a little messy at times. Min seems to be awkward

when dancing haha. Jae just has some big muscles so seems like he can't move as smoothly

Guest Redwarrior

There was a question earlier that one of the members had asked and I think we all interpreted it in different ways. I was really curious about the answers that people would have had if they had interpreted it the way I had so I'll just rephrase it:

QUESTION: How much of an impact does DBSK have on the paths of Korean groups that are going to Japan right now? What's the extent of their role in opening up the Japanese to Korean groups? Or how they view Korean groups?

Sort of like how much influence does DBSK have in Japan regarding the debut of new groups (exposure, etc).----I understand that there were other Korean artists in Japan before DBSK but I was wondering what DBSK's impact was.

Voice:-I can't really rank them but if I had to, this is my ranking

1. JaeJoong/Junsu-Their voices are soothing to my ears and the uniqueness of their voices attracts me. I always look forward to their duets because they are simply wonderful.

2. Yoochun/Changmin- There are times where Yoochun sounds really good in his lives and i think that in his lives, he adds adlibs to them--give them color (I don't know how to explain it but I feel like he enriches his parts during his lives). I especially loved his voice in "Love By Love" , "Bolero", "Miduhyo", "Don't Say Goodbye", and many others. Changmin's high notes are impressive; however, on the other hand, I love it when he sings in a lower range. I find his voice soothing during Taxi--simply melted. and also in Stand By U.

3. Yunho--His singing style isn't what I favor but his deep voice during harmonization or solos attract me.

They are all great singers and it really depends on the songs if you were to ask me who I listen to most in particular/anticipate listening to their voices.

I also have another question:

What song do you like to listen to live and not on a CD/in CD quality? Or in other words, find yourself listening to the live versions more than CD-recorded versions?

For me, I love to listen to Somebody to Love, Summer Dream (The ripped audio of their lives are more appealing to me than the CD qualities for some reason), Love in the Ice, Bolero, Don't say Goodbye, Insa, One, Miduhyo, Tonight, Crazy Love, Purple Line, Beautiful You, Mirotic (preferably Japanese version--we can hear their harmonization without the background voice added in their Korean performances), Are you a Good girl?, and I think there are some more but i can't remember. These are the ones that stand out the most to me.

Guest loveprincemax

090625 창민

ㅠㅠoppa everything is going to be alright..ㅠㅠthese people will not molest you anymore..even after separate, i will feel your power..

you will be even more powerfull,better man..without them.ㅠㅠovercome everything bad, ..

090625emmygimpo2.jpg

090625emmygimpo3.jpg

090625emmygimpo6.jpg

090625emmygimpo7.jpg

090625-Gmp-01.jpg

090625-Gmp-02.jpg

090625-Gmp-03.jpg

090625-Gmp-10.jpg

Guest Mitakki

I wanna share my ranking too!!! :P

Dancing skill:

1. Yunho/Junsu - Nothing to say... They're such amazing dancers!!!

2. Jaejoong/Yoochun/Changmin - To me, they're the same! If going back to 2005-2007 days, Yoochun would be the 3rd best dancer in the group! But his choreographed moves are getting lazier nowadays <yet still sexy though>. I guess cuz of the asthma attacks and anemia that affected his heath, he has some breathing problems, so it must be very tired if putting much energy while dancing or he tends to focus more on singing and writing! Maybe cuz we always watch the boys with the choreographed dance steps so people ranked him low, his freestyle is ok though, not awkward like JaeMin, but JaeMin are good on choreographed steps!

Singing skill:

1. Junsu - His low/high voice, his emotions while singing are awesome!

2. Jaejoong - He's an amazing singer too!!

3. Yoochun/Changmin - Min has most power, his highnotes are incredible and he sounds good in live while Chun has much emotion and his voice is definitely my cup of coffee, so soothing and relaxing to listen to, but yet I always get goosebump whenever he hits the highnotes though when he gets tired, he seems to lose control of his voice!!!

4. Yunho - People always give more credit for his dancing skill, he is getting better and I hope he will have a real chance to show off his vocal skill!

Some pics...

Japanese fan and her Micky fingernails + goodies

9bmm64.jpg

9bmm641.jpg

9bmm642.jpg

9bmm643.jpg

9bmm644.jpg

9bmm645.jpg

9bmm646.jpg

9bmm647.jpg

9bmm648.jpg

9bmm649.jpg

9bmm6410.jpg

9bmm6411.jpg

9bmm6412.jpg

9bmm6413.jpg

9bmm6414.jpg

9bmm6415.jpg

9bmm6416.jpg

9bmm6417.jpg

9bmm6418.jpg

9bmm6419.jpg

9bmm6420.jpg

I bet she's VERY obsessed with Yoochun!!!!! :P

Credit: MickyBaidubar

DO NOT HOTLINK!!!

Guest Eltoshen

For me...

Best Voice?

1. Junsu and Jaejoong tie for me. Junsu's voice is soulful while Jaejoong's voice is heavenly and soothing, as some people mentioned. Not to mention, JJ's voice complements the others' voices really well; the best I've heard from any idol group singer.

3. Changmin: It's his wide octave range. He does it best; high and low.

4. Yoochun: He could've ranked higher if he was more consistent. Sometimes his voice sounds strained.

5. Yunho: He still needs to work on his singer a bit more to match the rest of the group, however he's gotten a lot better at singing.

Dancing.

1. Junsu: His dancing reminds me of TaeYang. Their bodies flow so well with the music, it's really pleasant to the eyes.

2. Yunho: Sometimes his dancing gets rather...uh...hyper? He sometimes throws his arms in random directions, cutting off the fluidity.

3. The rest: I don't see them dance enough, lol. None of them can freestyle, no offense.

Guest Senorita_

Here's the VIP Tickets for Tokyo Dome,GOLD ^^

http://i44.tinypic.com/oi7r6s.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/fnxn5i.jpg

credit: yukabon's room

shared by: sharingyoochun@wordpress

I love the gold! ^^ It looks very nice - reminds me of something very rich and luxurious :P

i just realized they sold over like 550,000? cds in japan in the first half of the 2009 oricon year alone. not too shabby eh?

Really? That's amazing. The album is catching up to the Mirotic sales :)

Boys are back to Korea ^^ They deserve a well break (hopefully they are).

Guest lynaeina

wow! as in wow! this thread is soooooo fast like DBSK's dance formations. :lol:

The pics are from the TVXQ Secret Code concert in Osaka on June 13-14, 2009.

The VIP Seat Entrance

http://i451.photobucket.com/albums/qq238/J.../DSC03628-1.jpg

credit: Xiah~Tian / Kim Jaejoong Sweet Kicten @ Popcornfor2.com

OMG! i would be attracted to buy VIP tickets for these hott japanese ushers!

*slapped by joongie for cheating*

ehem.

BB and DBSK in Japan:

BB and DBSK are two different groups, they both excel in the genres that they are focusing on.

I am also a fan of BB. I don't think they would go against DBSK in Japan, because as I've said, their genres are totally different and they cater to different audiences as well.

Comparing them is crazy since there's really nothing to compare...

And DBSK is already big in Japan, they have already established their names.

So I think they shouldn't be threatened by BB.

Took the words right out of my mouth. Thanks. ^__^

BB listener too. :D

Emotion is nice. If you know what I mean. hehehe ;)

LMAO!I also needed the slowmo to see it XDXD Jae just couldnt resist to touch :P Can't wait for tmorow ~

Here's the VIP Tickets for Tokyo Dome,GOLD ^^

http://i44.tinypic.com/oi7r6s.jpg

http://i39.tinypic.com/fnxn5i.jpg

credit: yukabon's room

shared by: sharingyoochun@wordpress

WOW. they saved the best for last.

oh well... it's THE Tokyo Dome! :lol:

hey people,

just a random thought after seeing the mirotic dance mv.

how would you rank the dongbang boys in terms of how well they dance? (i know most would put yunnie as 1st, but what about the rest?)

just for fun! =)

Dancing:

1 Junsu - has the most hyper and fluid moves

2 Yunho

3 Changmin

4 Micky

5 Jaejoong (i'm so sorry but i love him. i just cant lie.)

Singing:

1 Jaejoong (i gotta give it to him)

2 Junsu

3 Changmin

4 Yoochun

5 Yunho

http://www.dnbn.org/?id=db01&no=19493

it has been decided that tohoshinki's stand by u will be used as the theme song for BeeTV's new drama "sweet room" starting in august.

narimiya hiroki (this guy) will be playing the leading role in the drama.

thanks for the info! narimiya is hott on Bloody Monday. added with THSK's hotness, the drama will be a sure hit!

farah, didn't i tell how much i love you for posting pics?

for your gallery? and for your love of sharing them?

now i did. :D:P:)

ahhh... i shouldn't be like this. danger. LOL

same love goes out to the pic spammers here. *hugs*

and after all my blah blah blahs here,

i only have a lil something to share :(

hope it helps brighten up someone's day a bit. ;)

e39f66382b7a9a4f41a81bc6911b123f1245909081_full.jpg

it's the Dong Bang Love.

Guest GoldenSlumbers

Oooh a fun little question being discussed!

In my point of view:

Jaejoong- I think when it comes to singing skill, Jae's pretty on top of it. He has a very unique voice cuz of its crystal clear tone---smooth and very easy on the ears. The versatility of his voice is also really impressive. I mean, seriously listen to him in "Maze" then "Bogoshipda". It's pretty hard to find a voice that malleable where it's capable of carrying the melody in an acapella yet strong enough to belt out those strong high notes (ex. "Towani" adlib near the end <3). I think out of the five, he has the best technique. He can use his chest voice, head voice, and falsetto quite well. If his breathing technique improves and he learns how to emote more, then Jae will be quite a singing force to be reckoned with.

Junsu- He has great control of his voice and breathing. His adlibs are great, too. But what makes him so good is that when he sings, you can tell that he sings his heart out. His stage presence is amazing---like they say, charisma he has it! His voice isn't that versatile but it's pretty unique and I think he shines most when singing ballads or dark edgy songs. In my very unprofessional view, he has a tendency to sing mostly with his chest voice which I think contributes to the overall passion of his performance, but sometimes I worry for his throat...Although, maybe my worries are unfounded cuz Junsu also has the most consistent voice. Even when he's sick he knows how to deliver!

Changmin- His range is really incredible! And he's learned how to control his voice in the past year or so. It's not as pitchy as it used to be and I think he'll only get better control with time. I also think he has a unique voice cuz it's amazing how high he can go without being falsetto. His his breathing skills are also great. Changmin's voice is like wine, it's an acquired taste or rather sound. The more often you hear it, the more pleasing it is to your ears.

Yoochun/Yunho- When Yoochun sings in the range he's comfortable with, his voice shines. His voice is deep and husky (and sexy!) but he's still capable of hitting notes like he did in "Kiss the Baby Sky". I also think he knows how harmonize with other people's voices really well. He tends to struggle more during lives. It may be because of asthma or smoking...Yunho has a quite the steady voice. He's improved greatly from when they first debuted and while he may not be as strong a singer as Jaesumin, he can definitely hold his own. I think as singers, these two's improvements have been the most impressive.

***I think Jaesu mentioned it in their couple talk that what makes their voices so great together is that what one voice lacks, the other has. Which is why it's hard to say who's better than the other. Jae's got the technique, Junsu's got the stage presence or passion; Jae's got the range, Junsu's got the adlibs; etc. It's the Great Debate, I tell ya. But I'm gonna go on an OT5 digression and say: They have such distinct voices but when they come together, it's an incredibly vocally pleasing thing.

Hi everyone!

I just came back from my Nagoya Trip for THSK's 4th Live Tour.

It's my first time in Japan but I got one of the most memorable experiences of my life.

I enjoyed the concert on June 18 & 20 and had happy moments with THSK, especially my cute Yoochun.

Most importantly, I got several good & caring friends with the same interest from different countries. So impressive :)

I have here some photos to share. Not so many but hope you like them.

Nippon Gaishi Hall on June 18

1NGO4thLive.jpg

Lower-deck queue for THSK's goods. The upper-deck one is much longer!

2NGO4thLive.jpg

3NGO4thLive.jpg

My receipts, nearly died to get Yoochun's :sweatingbullets:

4NGO4thLive.jpg

THSK 1

5NGO4thLive.jpg

THSK 2

6NGO4thLive.jpg

THSK 3

7NGO4thLive.jpg

THSK's trucks lay out

8NGO4thLive.jpg

Thanks friendly Taiwanese sisters for pointing me out this hidden corner :)

9NGO4thLive.jpg

Yoochun's truck

10NGO4thLive.jpg

Yoochun's close up

11NGO4thLive.jpg

Yoochun's truck's plate

12NGO4thLive.jpg

Before the start of June 18's concert

13NGO4thLive.jpg

Red Ocean @ Nagoya on June 18 (1)

14NGO4thLive.jpg

Red Ocean @ Nagoya on June 18 (2)

14_1NGO4thLive.jpg

PLEASE DO NOT HOTLINK. :)

And here are my opinions on TVXQ's Dancing & Singing Skills:

Dancing Skill:

1. Junsu/Yunho - They both are absolutely perfect at dancing but their styles are a bit different.

To me, Yunho's dance is powerful & exciting while Junsu's is more emotional & charismatic.

2. Yoochun/Changmin - Yoochun's dance is very attractive to me. I love to see his movement,

especially when he moves his shoulders & arms. :) Changmin's dance is so precise and well-ordered, so tidy!

3. Jaejoong - It's not that Jaejoong doesn't dance well. I just love his singing more - hehe.

Singing Skill:

1. Junsu - I've cried so many times listening to Junsu's singing. Something in his voice, expression & emotion makes me

drowned in a painful happiness.

2. Jaejoong - Jaejoong's singing is absolutely beautiful & emotional. I really love the hidden sadness in his voice.

Actually, I don't know how to choose Jae's or Jun's because they both are extremely great!

3. Yoochun/Changmin - Sometimes I have to admit that I can't stand my Yoochun's strange voice or style of singing.

But I can totally forget them all whenever he sings with his harsh but tender and romantic voice. :)

For Changmin, he's a king of high pitch and he's so special. His tender voice in "Taxi" makes me die so many times.

4. Yunho - Yunho's voice is fine but it's just not outstanding like other members'. I love his dancing more - hehe.

Guest pickleisgood

I based this on how I would give points to a professional dancer ^^;

1. Junsu-- 9.6/10 He is AMAZINGLY good on choreographed steps, his body is instantly in tune with the music and he seems so passionate when dancing, you can see it on his facial expressions. He usually kills the choreography and puts some adlibs (like this thing he does with his finger and tongue on Hey, girl!) here and there for added fangirl fatalities. xD He's verrry manly and charismatic and full of energy when dancing.

2. Yunho--9.3/10 Super-great freestyle and he knows lots about dance genres. Sometimes he exudes ultra-manliness when dancing, but most of the time he has this sexy/effeminate grace (I don't think it's bad!) like a shaolin martial artist or a male ballerina :D He's like a spaghetti pasta when he dances, however weird a comparison that is xD

3. Changmin 8.6/10 Imo, Changmin is highly underrated as a dancer :( The thing with Minnie is that he's very good with the steps and he's very energetic, but I think since he dances the steps by the book and he has unusually long limbs it comes off as kind of too sharp and dare I say it, mechanical? (it's not mechanical at all but I can't seem to find the right words right now so forgive me xD) But like I said I think Minnie could be as good as Yunho if he lets go more and puts more spin on his moves.

4. Jaejoong 7.5/10 Jae, unlike Minnie puts a lot of ad lib and/or unnecessary moves sometimes and I think he's too conscious of his surrounding that he seems to drift off somewhere else than just dancing and being in tune with the music like the first three above. I think he's really good though, almost as good as their Japanese back-up dancers (who are amazingly good, btw).

5. Micky 6/10 I don't wanna be harsh on Micky and I understand that the first two on my list are exceptionally good dancers, but Micky doesn't put a lot of energy in his moves. I guess it has something to do with his health. He's better than most people, don't get me wrong, but when all five of them dance you can instantly tell the difference between him and the top 3 above. ^^; He needs to work on his stamina if he can (I heard he stays up late and eats little) because from what I've seen on the Purple Line rehearsal they filmed last year, if he just puts more energy into his dancing he could be as good as the rest of them DBSK boys! :D Micky, hwaiting! <3

EDIT: Singing skills, hmmm?

1. Junsu 9.8/10 (Shining voice) I came from a country where people sing ALL the time, and I mean all. the. friggin'. time. so I'm a pretty experienced listener (not singer lol) of very talented live singers from amateur to professionals and celebrities and I have to say that Junsu is right up there with the greatest live performers in the world. He borders on absolute pitch and rarely goes off-tune and on those rare occasions he's obviously sick or exhausted. His voice is so obviously trained through the years that when I first heard it I thought he might have had a background on opera or something lol. Only thing I can point out is that I hope he can moderate his vibrato a little, depending on the song ^^

2. Changmin 9 /10 (Crystal voice) Again Minnie is usually underrated in this category T.T If we're talking individual skills I think Minnie is clearly fit to be a solo singer. He's been trained to sing the higher notes because he's one of the rare vocalists who can reach those notes and still keep the volume. The others' voices thin out on very high notes (which is usually the case for most singers) but Minnie's stays the same so when they do acapella for example, you can clearly hear him more than he should be heard xD I hope he holds his mic like Junsu does when singing high notes (Junsu holds his mic away and does this side singing so it doesn't sound as sharp to the ears.) and practice controlling his voice more although these past few years he has been improving so much ^^

3. Jaejoong 9/10 (Angel voice) Jaejoong is gifted with a naturally beautiful voice quality. I think his voice is soothing and relaxing and he can cover various genres which is an indispensable skill. Only thing is that he finds it difficult to switch from high to low/ low to high and he drags his notes when he's switching. His vocals are improving with each new song, though and I'm pretty sure he'll be as good as Junsu technique-wise in the future :D

4. Yunho 7.5/10 (Lifting voice) I called his voice lifting because in acapellas his bass lifts the other boys' voices up and makes them ring beautifully in our ears. I think his bass voice (on recorded songs) is top-notch. I had a friend back home who is incidentally a professional bass singer for a record company comment on Yunho's voice when I asked him to youtube the HaHaHa commercial and Whatever They Say acapella and he said that Yunho's bass is "crazy good" ^^Y

5. Micky 7.5/10 (Silky voice) I love Micky's voice when he talks :o It's soooo sexy and sensual. I think when it comes to recorded songs, Micky's voice easily becomes my 2nd or 3rd favorite depending on the song but during live his health is again, the issue I think T.T He runs out of breath easily which breaks his voice and he turns to using his throat voice which is not good for his vocals when overused T.T But really, when he's in tip-top shape, he sings soooo good. :D

This is my opinion and mine alone so please feel free to disagree but no bashing please? D:

I was prepared to say something about the topic, but when i saw your post, its like you took away the words from my mouth! All i can say now is ditto! Although my ranking varied a bit from yours, i absolutely love your analysis.

Singing:

1. Junsu/Jaejoong. Its crazy not to like them if you like tvxq songs.

2. Changmin. I agree with you. He's def. underrated.

3. Yoochun.

4. Yunho. Sorry Yunho. But i think all bass singers tend to be underrated.

Dancing:

1. Junsu. Natural.

2. Yunho. Power.

3. Changmin. Learned.

4. Jaejoong. Cute.

5. Yoochun. Lacked energy.

Guest lawis_pocket

Singing personal rank.

1. Jaejoong/Junsu: I love both! With their special differences. I really love Jaejoongs, specially in high notes and even better in Maze, I wish he would sing more rock songs like that one! It's amazing, he can practically sing everything, his rap in Wrong Number is pure sexiness and really cool, he could even be a Buddist monk XD Junsu. no words needed. His voice is full of passion (but personally is not that unique, there are other artist with similar voices, but I mean everyone has a voice twin XD) his tecnic is great but it's all about the feeling. His range is very big too. Love it, it can make you feel like in heaven.

2. Yoochun!! I love his voice. Love in the Ice (japanese version live), he just blew me away there. I was almost in tear while listening to it, but then he had to make that beautiful part and I got goosewomps and tears started to fall. Ok maybe I'm the only one who gets taht XD. Oh and what about his verse in Stand by You, I like how he goes from smooth to strong vocals!

3. Yunho: Surprisingly he's over Changmin here. I don't know there's somethng about his voice I simply love.

4. Changmin: Great high range. But there are some things I just can't stand. But still amazing voice

Guest Shaneira

Dancing Skills

1.Yunho/Junsu - I can't really decide, coz they both are strong in this category. Though Yunho is more of the sophisticated dancer with very precise moves, when Junsu freaks out he's going to break the stage into pieces which makes him stand out a bit more.

2. Jaejoong - Just my random reaction lol A bit too graceful for a man maybe? :P

3. Changmin - The kid has gotten wayyy better compared to old times where I thought he looked like a stiff stand to me waving about with his arms.

4. Yoochun - Someone has to be the last. But I LOVEEE that certain hand move he does in "The Way U Are".

Singing Skills

1. Jaejoong - Definitely goes to this gentleman here. Although his breathing isn't as good as Junsu's, he can sing ANY type of songs. From Purple Line to Love in the Ice to Mirotic to something rockish like his solo pieace @ Mirotic Concert. Everything goes. You can put him into any genre and he would be able to pull it off. That's why he's the "lead vocalist" ;) Plus his voice is one in a million and you can always tell it's him, because nobody else has such a voice.

2. Junsu - I love this kid in ballads. EMOTIONS baby...That's his ace. Jaejoong seems to hold back his emotions sometimes, he seems to curious of the camera, but Junsu doesn't give a damn if it's a good angle or not, if he feels like growling like a lion he does! And that's what makes him special.

3. Yoochun - Actually his singing skills aren't really special, but appealing. He has a low and masculine voice, sometimes really seductive. And very calming in ballads.

4. Yunho/Changmin - Changmin can hit REALLY high notes and can hold them, kudos to him, but to me that's about it. Yunho doesn't really get a lot attention when it comes to his singing, sometimes you even wonder "did he even have a part in that song?". But I see him doing bass most of the time, and my god! He's amazing when he's doing the bass part, coz without him the song wouldn't sound the best way it should. If he gets to hit a higher note than usual, he's really good at holding it, his voice is very full and round (dunno how else to descrive it >.<). Magnae and Leader have similar voices under normal circumstances (low-mid notes) too.

ALL in ALL those 5 are a perfect combination ^^

They're complementing each other very well, and makes up for one another's weaknesses. That's what makes them unique. Normally in "Idol Groups" you'd have someone who stands out the most, favoured by a larger scale of fans (usually the lead singer), but in TVXQ everyone's equal. It's the first time ever to see such a group and I'm loving them more and more :)

Kimpo Airport Pics

Good Lord, they all look really worn out O_O

Changmin's expressions shock me the most. The kid's dead tired, the rest too.

Seems like they're the only people who can cope with such a bad-richard simmons schedule >.<

-edit-

oh crap I topped a page! -.-"

I've nothing much to share, just this one...

13557.jpg

The expression's pricelesssss~~~ hahaha

Guest dbsgdec

***I think Jaesu mentioned it in their couple talk that what makes their voices so great together is that what one voice lacks, the other has. Which is why it's hard to say who's better than the other. Jae's got the technique, Junsu's got the stage presence or passion; Jae's got the range, Junsu's got the adlibs; etc. It's the Great Debate, I tell ya. But I'm gonna go on an OT5 digression and say: They have such distinct voices but when they come together, it's an incredibly vocally pleasing thing.

I agree.

Singing skill

1. Junsu - What can i say? He's born to sing. His voice is mesmerizing. One voice i'd never get tired with.

2. Jaejoong - Such beautiful voice.

3. Yoochun - I love him in cd, not live. Husky manly flirtatious voice.

4. Yunho - deep bass, the important pole in tvxq.

5. Changmin - too high, but lovable.

Archived