[drama 2009] Queen Of Housewives 내조의 여왕

koalabear

I love all the male characters in this drama <3

Dalsoo, even though he makes me mad sometimes with his naivity, has this charming smile that I can't hate.

Joonhyuk is amazing because he shows you that he's not all that charismatic with eating Dalsoo's food (ep 7), drooling (ep 8), and tripping (ep 8)!!! :P

Taebong (Taejoon) is just cute in general! buying Jiae's ring and buying everything she looked at in ep 8!

I've been rooting for Jiae and Joonhyuk until episode 7, but now that I've watched episode 8, I'm rooting for Jiae and Taejoon.

Jiae is a lucky woman to have three guys going for her ;P

Oh, and Jiae's friend (I forgot her name in the drama but she was in Fantasy Couple) is totally hilarious, too!

Her makeup and tone of voice makes me crack up every time!

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smiley6yrl

im glad that this show's ratings has improved by 10%! that is one hell of an increase, isn't it? I haven't watch any of the episodes yet since I am still hoping that someone would make subs for it or rip it off of Viikii, but it looks like it wont be happening anytime soon, so I am thinking about baring its bad quality and watch it on Viikii. (I can't resist the HOT fellas ;)) So there are only 16 episodes for this drama? For some reason, I thought it would be much longer. If anyone know or have any info on the soft subs release somewhere, please let us know. Thanks in advance! So ladies, who's the hottest husband in this show? why don't we get a screen shots of their bods and start comparing! *shower scenes* LMAO haha...

Guest redzone85

I find Eun So Hyuk (Sun Woo Sun) sexually attractive she has a charisma for me anyway. How can that bloke not get over getting the girl he wanted, geez.. not everything is granted. He should be happy enough he was born into a rich family, she dont deserve any of da shi* he or his mum is giving her.

I love the ending of episode, cant wait for next week!!

currently watching episode 7, can't help but laugh at what Jung-won said to her mom when Ji-ae was trying to get her to sleep, "to set the mood" and also when Joonhyuk entered the room where JA brought Dalsoo some food and he said he wasn't hungry but he almost ate everything...lol! haven't finished watching yet but it gets more exciting

more pics from MBC, recent and old pics

wifequeenphoto090406161.jpg

By sassygirl17 at 2009-04-08

wifequeenphoto090406161b.jpg

wifequeenphoto090406161a.jpg

wifequeenphoto090406161g.jpg

wifequeenphoto090406161q.jpg

wifequeenphoto090406161p.jpg

wifequeenphoto090406161t.jpg

wifequeenphoto090407171.jpg

Guest groovier

but NO! I really want JiAe & Joonhyuk back together. They look awesome together :P

Yes, I agree with you. (I mean they are perfectly-matched couple :P ) In ep 8, Ji-Ae says to Joon-Hyuk, "You guys (Bong-Soon & Joon-Hyuk) must be husband & wife, seeing both ask exactly same questions to me such as "How big is your house? (In Pyung. - kind of sq. ft.)" "How many rooms does it have?" "Is that owned by you or whole rented for certain time period (ie where the property owner is not resident, what is called, Jun-Se - btw this is very 'unique' only found in Korea), or paid by monthly payment" - it sounds more likely 'the underserved' in Korea. -a different cultural aspect"

(The writer wants to point out) BS & JH just stereotypically fell in the illusion of materialistic happiness and desires, which doesn't always guarantee to get spiritual happiness such as love or affection to each other. (What Money Can't Buy.)

At scenes of JA's talking with SY (the president's wife, who is a close friend of DS's) JA narrates that BS is just one of her followers ('WannaBee') and she didn't mind it. Like your saying, Ji-Ae might have done many mean things to BS, but they were both immature back then and didn't seriously care about what they were doing or what would end up with. They are all grown up now but BS. There seems to be a subconscious link with some deep emotional traumas of her youth, and nobody helped her to heal them. (suggesting she had been possibly neglected and/or abused in her childhood both at home and school) Those are her personal problems - Angers, Fears and Insecurities which come from resolving conflicts (this is the touchstone of psychoanalysis - I am a cognitive-behavioral psychologist and future dentist :blush:) She DID look nerdy, but she's absolutely GORGEOUS now.

Yes, I agree with you. (I mean they are perfectly-matched couple :P ) In ep 8, Ji-Ae says to Joon-Hyuk, "You guys (Bong-Soon & Joon-Hyuk) must be husband & wife, seeing both ask exactly same questions to me such as "How big is your house? (In Pyung. - kind of sq. ft.)" "How many rooms does it have?" "Is that owned by you or whole rented for certain time period (ie where the property owner is not resident, what is called, Jun-Se - btw this is very 'unique' only found in Korea), or paid by monthly payment" - it sounds more likely 'the underserved' in Korea. -a different cultural aspect"

(The writer wants to point out) BS & JH just stereotypically fell in the illusion of materialistic happiness and desires, which doesn't always guarantee to get spiritual happiness such as love or affection to each other. (What Money Can't Buy.)

At scenes of JA's talking with SY (the president's wife, who is a close friend of DS's) JA narrates that BS is just one of her followers ('WannaBee') and she didn't mind it. Like your saying, Ji-Ae might have done many mean things to BS, but they were both immature back then and didn't seriously care about what they were doing or what would end up with. They are all grown up now but BS. There seems to be a subconscious link with some deep emotional traumas of her youth, and nobody helped her to heal them. (suggesting she had been possibly neglected and/or abused in her childhood both at home and school) Those are her personal problems - Angers, Fears and Insecurities which come from resolving conflicts (this is the touchstone of psychoanalysis - I am a cognitive-behavioral psychologist and future dentist :blush:) She DID look nerdy, but she's absolutely GORGEOUS now.

I think BS still looks ugly. Something about her face... can't say what.- Sure she looks now better than before, but still...

and everybody saying how JA doesn't regret anything, i think that's false. didn'st she apologize to BS anyway? Besides they were both immature and naive children. I think it's really mean of BS to trap her husband into a marriae... BTW I didn't quite catch up the part of where JH & JA were talking before BS interrupted them..-. Did he tell her that BS had staged everything up?!

Guest groovier

I think BS still looks ugly. Something about her face... can't say what.- Sure she looks now better than before, but still...

and everybody saying how JA doesn't regret anything, i think that's false. didn'st she apologize to BS anyway? Besides they were both immature and naive children. I think it's really mean of BS to trap her husband into a marriae... BTW I didn't quite catch up the part of where JH & JA were talking before BS interrupted them..-. Did he tell her that BS had staged everything up?!

Be careful. Sounds like criticism of Lee Hye-Young's physical appearance. I think you are too much self-absorbed into the contents of the drama. Just kidding. :lol:

Yes, he blew the whistle. JA came to know about what really happened that night. However, she told JH that it was his own fantasy that if BS had not interrupted their relation, JA & JH would have successfully married. She also mentioned she hated such a husband who reported his wife's wrongdoing to someone.

i think this drama is frigging AWESOME.

i just literally watched episodes 1-8 in two days.

I JUST CANT STOP!

the writer for this drama is really amazing. so witty and clever.

i swear to God, the writer is so funny.

all the parodies of other dramas (Oh Seung Ah from On Air, Junpyo and Jaekyung from Kotnam) are just hilarious.

and every single actor/actress, even the ones with small roles, are doing an great job.

Guest anyala

anyone know where i could dl with eng sub??

man, why nobody sub this in eng??

it looks interesting...arrr... help!!

Guest cissi

I may be the only one who hopes that TaeBong and JiAe end up together! I really don't like DS. He has no backbone! Any self-respecting man wouldn't allow his wife to be that humilated for his sake, and yet, when SH asked him, "Are you happy in your marriage?", he said, "It's so so." Really, man, what do you expect?!

TaeBong really reminds me of Gu Jun Pyo from BOF, lol! I love the scene where he bought back the ring for JiAe! If DS ended up having an affair with SH, JA should just go for TB!

Guest groovier

anyone know where i could dl with eng sub??

man, why nobody sub this in eng??

it looks interesting...arrr... help!!

You may try viikii: http://www.viikii.net/channels/goto/Queenofhousewives

I wish I had time to sub, but ... Sigh :blush: I need assistance, but With2Sub dropped out of the project and took "the story of Man" instead.

TaeBong really reminds me of Gu Jun Pyo from BOF, lol! I love the scene where he bought back the ring for JiAe! If DS ended up having an affair with SH, JA should just go for TB!

Many of Korean viewers (especially Ajumma) aren’t very impressed with it; that is a socially unaccepted way of life suggesting certain cultural dissonances to non-Korean ;)

I've only seen two episodes so far and I'm really liking this show. When I first heard of this drama a couple of months ago, I honestly didn't really think it would be a)good or b)leading in ratings. Turns out it looks like it might just be both!

Personally, I'm in Bong Soon's camp. Keeping in mind that it's only 2 eps that I've seen, I just still sympathize more with Bong Soon. Not only did she have it so bad in high school, her adult life is also spent in a loveless marriage. It's almost like her sole role is to serve naejo to her husband, almost like a housekeeper or even heck, baby sitter. I feel really sorry for her. I guess it's the bad karma from manipulating Jiae and Joonhyuk's relationship, but man, it's so harsh. I don't know what happens later in the drama, but I really wish that Bong Soon would just leave Joonhyuk and find herself a guy who truly likes and appreciates her.

I find So Hyun to be an exciting character, she's got a more staple k-drama storyline with Taejoon, but I can't help buying it all the same. I can't wait to see how her affair is going to play out. I wonder why Taejoon keeps holding on to his grudge.

Guest sayroo

Haru2subS is taking this drama as a Side Project.

And we need lots of help with Current & Upcoming Projects. We need Korean & Chinese Translators to help us with this Side Project.

E-mail us at haru2subs@gmail.com . Thank you and wish us the very best with this project! :)

Be careful. Sounds like criticism of Lee Hye-Young's physical appearance. I think you are too much self-absorbed into the contents of the drama. Just kidding. :lol:

Yes, he blew the whistle. JA came to know about what really happened that night. However, she told JH that it was his own fantasy that if BS had not interrupted their relation, JA & JH would have successfully married. She also mentioned she hated such a husband who reported his wife's wrongdoing to someone.

LOOOL Maybe I'm a bit prejudiced :lol:

But amazingly the Nerd-BS looks like Adult-BS just less nerdier and more mean.

Oh wooow! I wouldn't have thought that JA would react like that if it ever came out... But I guess she's really trying hard to make her marriage work & is still unconsciously hurt about how they broke up...

I've only seen two episodes so far and I'm really liking this show. When I first heard of this drama a couple of months ago, I honestly didn't really think it would be a)good or b)leading in ratings. Turns out it looks like it might just be both!

Personally, I'm in Bong Soon's camp. Keeping in mind that it's only 2 eps that I've seen, I just still sympathize more with Bong Soon. Not only did she have it so bad in high school, her adult life is also spent in a loveless marriage. It's almost like her sole role is to serve naejo to her husband, almost like a housekeeper or even heck, baby sitter. I feel really sorry for her. I guess it's the bad karma from manipulating Jiae and Joonhyuk's relationship, but man, it's so harsh. I don't know what happens later in the drama, but I really wish that Bong Soon would just leave Joonhyuk and find herself a guy who truly likes and appreciates her.

I find So Hyun to be an exciting character, she's got a more staple k-drama storyline with Taejoon, but I can't help buying it all the same. I can't wait to see how her affair is going to play out. I wonder why Taejoon keeps holding on to his grudge.

That BS is in a loveless marriage is of her own wrongdoing. She shouldn't have messed with the love/relationship of two people. If she had loved JH, she would have reacted differently (f.e. confessing her love). But no, I think she's more OBSESSED with JH (because he portrays the one thing SHE GOT, instead of JA.)

I don't think her husbands orders her to bring him naejo or whatever, she just does that as an obedient wife trying to suck up to her husband and getting him to love her (something she should have done previously to trap him in a marriage).

Guest groovier

That BS is in a loveless marriage is of her own wrongdoing. She shouldn't have messed with the love/relationship of two people. If she had loved JH, she would have reacted differently (f.e. confessing her love). But no, I think she's more OBSESSED with JH (because he portrays the one thing SHE GOT, instead of JA.)

I don't think her husbands orders her to bring him naejo or whatever, she just does that as an obedient wife trying to suck up to her husband and getting him to love her (something she should have done previously to trap him in a marriage).

Already been mentioned from other post I made regarding this. There is similar situation with ep 7 or 8 also. I think I know what the writer's intention is in making a given point or what she wants to tell us about.

One noticeable scene in ep 6,

Ji-Ae: Yes, you're right. I am struggling to keep on living, but I am doing to keep his (Dal-Soo's) faith intact. (she definately believes that's her portion all her life through and she calls it Nae-Jo) However, you (Bong-Soon) look like you're struggling to keep your marriage going. - that may be a BS's own definition of Nae-Jo (to keep your marriage together because of your insecurities in self and also for the fear of being abondoned and rejected. -as she may have fully experienced in her youth.) You know how pathetic it is, (but you are obsessed, I know!) Don't be scared and be confident yourself in who you are. Well, you look much better than you were before.

Here is my own concern: What the bad thing is, if mom (BS) is anxious, this will negatively influence the way her child feels.

Guest smiley6yrl

omg, thanks so much HARU HARU team for picking up this drama! YAY! you guys are sooo fantastic! Thanks so much for subbing this and ROE!!! ;)

Archived