[Drama 2009] My Fair Lady / Lady Castle 아가씨를 부탁해

_shin_

Guest Showtime24

YEH looks so beautiful in that white dress!! =)

Anyways just finished episode 9!! and damn..HN made me want to cry!! Seriously..YEH so good at emotional scenes!! ahh i love her acting!! and while watching this episode..i thought to myself that TY's character is really a BIG part of as to HN changing into who she is. I mean he makes her experience new things she hasn't done before. And i love HN-TY scenes cause you get to see her smile!! so pretty!!

But this was somewhat an intense episode! TY is getting jealous!! and HN wanting DC to tell her the truth about everything!! ahh!! can't wait til episode 10 is subbed!!

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Jung Il-woo is confused with his character

September 18th, 2009 // by javabeans

The production of My Fair Lady held a press conference and open set day on September 18, where both Jung Il-woo and Yoon Eun-hye spoke frankly about struggling with their characters.

Jung Il-woo plays “Tae-yoon,” a lawyer and chaebol who is pretty much the perfect man. But the actor confessed that he’s having trouble understanding the recent developments involving his character: “I personally couldn’t accept my girlfriend falling for another man. Tae-yoon is a person who lets that go very gently, but to be honest, I can’t put up with that. I think to myself, ‘Why does he act this way?’ as I act.”

I think Jung’s own feelings probably mirror the viewers’ impressions. I joke that his bad hairdo has lessened his appeal, but really, there’s more to it. At some point, Tae-yoon has dulled, and I blame the writing.

Jung Il-woo: “The Tae-yoon character has changed a lot from the earlier episodes. Something about him has become flat, and I feel like I’m only playing a third wheel between Hae-na and Dong-chan. In the September 17 episode (#10), now that he realized that he likes Hae-na, there needed to be some burst of emotion, but there wasn’t. With this development, we need to see the progression, but it doesn’t show any of that. I think our drama only focuses on results [and not the process]. … My head is so frustrated trying to figure out how to express his feelings.”

I have said a few times that Jung Il-woo is hardly acting in this drama, but reading his candid thoughts actually makes me feel better (about him as an actor, not about the drama). Yes, he’s a cutie, but my love for him has very little to do with his looks; I have admired his work ethic and devotion to improving his skills; he has been known to overwork himself to extremes, immerse himself in character, seek advice from veteran sunbaes and show respect for his elders.

Thus it’s a disappointment to see how blank Jung’s latest character is, but it’s not for a lack of trying on his part. However, although he may have devoted himself to character and script analysis for his Iljimae character, in Return of Iljimae he was working with a superior script and director; in My Fair Lady, not so much.

Jung Il-woo: “When I was filming Return of Iljimae, I struggled a lot so I thought that this time would be more relaxed, but I’m even more uncomfortable. Even if it’s only at this late stage, I think I have to. There are a lot of things I’m disappointed about.”

He also feels frustrated with Tae-yoon’s indecision, although that may be because of his own personality, which is so different:

Jung Il-woo: “If I were put into these circumstances, I don’t think I’d agonize about it — I would think that it’s not worth it to love that kind of woman. To put it nicely, both men have their charm, but to put it another way, the woman is toying with both men. These days, I’m feeling confused and bewildered. … If a woman I liked stopped liking me, I’d leave very coolly. I wouldn’t look back.”

I think the script is My Fair Lady’s biggest liability — it has its moments but is pretty thin. Jung is much more generous than I am, though:

Jung Il-woo: “I think this is all because I’m lacking a lot in my acting. I want to immerse myself more deeply and do my best through the end.”

He feels his portrayal will change in the future episodes, vowing to come on more forcefully: “Soon there will be scenes where he is not weak but comes out as decisive and firm.”

Meanwhile, Yoon Eun-hye addressed the acting criticism, saying she understands the comments: “Even to me, the parts with my awkward acting stick out, so it’s understandable that the viewers felt that too.” She also agreed with the complaints of her muddled enunciation, saying, “That’s definitely something I have to improve. In the past, I would have dived into the character and become comfortable acting the part, but now I’m paying more attention to my speech.”

Via Joy News, Asia Economy, My Daily

credit: dramabeans

Relationship crisis for Kang Hae-na and Seo Dong-chan in 'My Fair Lady'

After Kang Hae-na knows about Seo Dong-chan's secret their relationship comes to a big crisis since ever in the 9th episode of KBS 2TV drama "My Fair Lady" aired on 16 September.

Kang Hae-na discovers that the real reason that Dong-chan wants to be together with her is he wants to return all the debts he owes because she is the granddaughter from the riches family in Korea.

However Kang Hae-na actually misunderstands Dong-chan that Dong-chan already falls in love with her and forgets about the reasons he wants to approach her in the first place.

Hae-na was so angry about Dong-chan lying to her and said "Do you know what thing I don't know about you?", "You are a liar, you come to my home only because you want to pay all the debt back. Why I didn't realize that earlier when you come to my room and tell me you want to be my love coach and even teach me how to kiss…"

Dong-chan gets angry as well and replies Hae-na "You are never be honest with me either. You want the skin-ship with me but you never tell the truth."

Hae-na feels strange that she has this kind of feeling to Dong-chan and her boyfriend Tae-yoon feels strange too and suspects on the two persons' real relationship.'

Audiences like to see the two characters be so honest to each other and left message on community board that "They feel the true love for each other" and "I like the two characters be honest to their love and to themselves."

credit: korean movie

YEH looks so beautiful in that white dress!! =)

Anyways just finished episode 9!! and damn..HN made me want to cry!! Seriously..YEH so good at emotional scenes!! ahh i love her acting!! and while watching this episode..i thought to myself that TY's character is really a BIG part of as to HN changing into who she is. I mean he makes her experience new things she hasn't done before. And i love HN-TY scenes cause you get to see her smile!! so pretty!!

But this was somewhat an intense episode! TY is getting jealous!! and HN wanting DC to tell her the truth about everything!! ahh!! can't wait til episode 10 is subbed!!

Sorry, not trying to offend you but the way I look at it, it seems like DC plays a bigger role in changing HY than TY does. Up to ep 10, we only see that HY is really happy when she is with TY but DC manages to tame her and a very good example was when the maid told DC that she used to be worst, throwing tantrum and breaking stuff before DC's appearance and the fact that she didn't do that when DC was with her. DC also taught her to speak at the meeting and she did well based on DC's teaching. On top of that, DC is nagging her to treat people nice and with respect, so I will not be surprised that at the end of this series HY becomes a better person.

Guest raahmose

Hello everyone,

Would like to mention a few things that i found very interesting.

1. What I find refreshing is how HN does all the pre-date stuff wit DC and then goes on the actual date with TY. You see her enjoying her time with the two males side by side. I also find it interesting how she casually mentions going through the mundane tasks of learning tor ride a bike and making kimbap with DC to TY. In HN's mind, she would rather go through the embarrasement with DC than show TY she doesn't know something. I attribute it to her feeling inferior to TY and wants to present herself in the best light possible. And for TY, he would've loved to be the one teaching her. This is what makes HN so attractive to him, her faults, her shortcomings, her insecurities.

2. I loved the bench scene in episode 10 where DC admits to HN that he liked her. Again so refreshing to have this info exchanged between the two parties without someone getting drunk, screaming it out, blurting it in the face of danger. Or worst yet, being told by the 3rd party. I appreciated how DC came out with the truth without beating around the bush. I also appreciated how HN didn't freak out or throw a tantrum. She sat there with a mature attitude and appreciated DC's honesty which she had demanded.

Their relationship thus far has been based on mutual respect and appreciation. The emotions were engaged before the physical attration crept in. The later was quiet obvious from DC's expresson when HN walked down the stairs in white dress. And I believe she was all too aware of it. She could see that he was taken aback by her and didn't mind it. Infact, She enjoyed it a little, being admired by him. As she walked down the stairs, we find she has crossed the bridge from friendship to love. The awareness will creep in next.

With HN's wish, we find her declaring to DC that she no longer need him, but rather wants him there. Uptil now, DC has always stepped back when it came to HN and TY because he felt that he was needed no more. His job was done. After this declaration, I don't think he would step back and walk away. Neither should he. Also, I appreciate with such simplicity HN said what was on her mind rather than doing the whole dramatic thing we so often find in kdramas. Just like DC earlier, she didn't beat around the bush and came forward with her emotions.

I appreciate this very comfortable and honest vibe between the two. In the past, alot of dramas will show the other lead as being the best friend with the girl. In this we find that the two finding a good friend in their partner. Again so refreshing!

Hi all! :)

I love the mystery that's about to unfold regarding the plans of the greedy uncle. I'm not very sure of Dong Gun being the mole anymore either (fickle me haha!). I noticed that the hands of the spy (when HN's computer files were being copied) looked more of a woman's especially with the longer and clean fingernails! :lol: Ah, I dread whatever's gonna happen to the grandfather in the future...poor HN! At least, it will mean more emotional scenes for YEH. No one can argue that she is very adept in making us all shed tears with her!

I just hope that epis 9 and 10 finally stopped the supply of fodder for all the criticisms on YEH's acting. Her acting speaks loads (and far more eloquently than I can muster) for itself! No need to provide a leg-up for her to continue staying in that well-deserved high horse hehe.

In my opinion, no one outshone, nor stayed in the background of, anyone in episode 10! All the 4 leads came to their element in this one. Kinda disappointed though that there was no preview...the writers are slowly killing us all in the anticipation of what's to come...aaahhhh! :blink::wacko:

Go, go, go MFL! woot woot!

Oh, let me correct myself: I have one complaint on epi 10! You, TY! Who in his right mind and heart would be satisfied with a mere hug after that awesome date you had with HN?! Better move fast, boy, while you still have a chance...kiss her already darn it! Peace! :P

i agreee 100000000%

cant wait for next week

very well put

Guest kapeadik

BTW, which episode was it when KHN informed SDC that he should grant her a wish in the future (since it was brought up in Episode 10)?

Actually, I got a little stumped with that one as well. For the life of me, I really couldn't remember where and when DC told HN he'd grant her a wish. I bet everyone remembers the birthday coupon :rolleyes: , but DC playing genie? :unsure: Help, anyone? :)

Hello everyone,

Would like to mention a few things that i found very interesting.

1. What I find refreshing is how HN does all the pre-date stuff wit DC and then goes on the actual date with TY. You see her enjoying her time with the two males side by side. I also find it interesting how she casually mentions going through the mundane tasks of learning tor ride a bike and making kimbap with DC to TY. In HN's mind, she would rather go through the embarrasement with DC than show TY she doesn't know something. I attribute it to her feeling inferior to TY and wants to present herself in the best light possible. And for TY, he would've loved to be the one teaching her. This is what makes HN so attractive to him, her faults, her shortcomings, her insecurities.

2. I loved the bench scene in episode 10 where DC admits to HN that he liked her. Again so refreshing to have this info exchanged between the two parties without someone getting drunk, screaming it out, blurting it in the face of danger. Or worst yet, being told by the 3rd party. I appreciated how DC came out with the truth without beating around the bush. I also appreciated how HN didn't freak out or throw a tantrum. She sat there with a mature attitude and appreciated DC's honesty which she had demanded.

Their relationship thus far has been based on mutual respect and appreciation. The emotions were engaged before the physical attration crept in. The later was quiet obvious from DC's expresson when HN walked down the stairs in white dress. And I believe she was all too aware of it. She could see that he was taken aback by her and didn't mind it. Infact, She enjoyed it a little, being admired by him. As she walked down the stairs, we find she has crossed the bridge from friendship to love. The awareness will creep in next.

With HN's wish, we find her declaring to DC that she no longer need him, but rather wants him there. Uptil now, DC has always stepped back when it came to HN and TY because he felt that he was needed no more. His job was done. After this declaration, I don't think he would step back and walk away. Neither should he. Also, I appreciate with such simplicity HN said what was on her mind rather than doing the whole dramatic thing we so often find in kdramas. Just like DC earlier, she didn't beat around the bush and came forward with her emotions.

I appreciate this very comfortable and honest vibe between the two. In the past, alot of dramas will show the other lead as being the best friend with the girl. In this we find that the two finding a good friend in their partner. Again so refreshing!

You don't really see this is Kdramas. So, it's a twist to the usual cliches of kdramas. At first, I was kinda confused because DC told HN how he felt. I thought that with this new revelation, it would really be ackward between them. But, it is not that ackward and your analysis helped me to understand their relationship. Now, I appreciate DC and HN's relationship more. Thank you.

Guest viola501

Actually, I got a little stumped with that one as well. For the life of me, I really couldn't remember where and when DC told HN he'd grant her a wish. I bet everyone remembers the birthday coupon :rolleyes: , but DC playing genie? :unsure: Help, anyone? :)

Kape onni, if my memory serves me right, it's in episode 7 where DC came back to the castle after he got beaten by the gangsters. [i believe] He felt free and out of guilt after he decided he'll never get mony from Hyena to pay his debt to them. And that made him cheery, coz he knows he's worth her trust now.

When he's back home, he found Hyena with her bicycle. And he said b/c he's in a very good mood today, he will grant her 1 wish, which Hyena replied that she'll use it later

The Birthday coupon has never been used either, and I'm afraid DC may use it for her to let him go :ph34r:

I hope the secret about Junsu oppa (remember? Hyena's ex) will be revealed in ep11 or 12

and hopefully, uncle's spy is not Maid Jung :(

I'd prefer if it's one of the trio maids or trio butlers

Anyway, waiting for another week.... ARGHHHH!!!!

Why cant it show everyday????

I'm dying out of curiosity!!!!

Guest comicboyz4eva

dude.

i just started the drama like 2 days ago and the beginning was pretty cliche but i kept watching (not expecting to finish the drama, like any other dramas ive seen these days).

i'm sooo hooked, FINALLY a worthwhile drama without too much of the typical stuff AND worth staying up overnight with (:

YESSSS.

but..now i gotta wait for the next episodes T_T NOOOO.

i hate those writers. why must the endings be so...so CLIFFHANGING :[

It was the episode where DC got beat up by the loan sharks and the day before they went bicycle training. HN was waiting for DC and he showed up late. DC told HN he was in a good mood and he will grant her a wish, or was it three wishes.

Kape onni, if my memory serves me right, it's in episode 7 where DC came back to the castle after he got beaten by the gangsters. [i believe] He felt free and out of guilt after he decided he'll never get mony from Hyena to pay his debt to them. And that made him cheery, coz he knows he's worth her trust now.

When he's back home, he found Hyena with her bicycle. And he said b/c he's in a very good mood today, he will grant her 1 wish, which Hyena replied that she'll use it later

The Birthday coupon has never been used either, and I'm afraid DC may use it for her to let him go :ph34r:

I hope the secret about Junsu oppa (remember? Hyena's ex) will be revealed in ep11 or 12

and hopefully, uncle's spy is not Maid Jung :(

I'd prefer if it's one of the trio maids or trio butlers

Anyway, waiting for another week.... ARGHHHH!!!!

Why cant it show everyday????

I'm dying out of curiosity!!!!

I think you are right about the birthday coupon. I think DC will ask for HN to let him go, based on my assumption that there will be a scandal about them, prompting DC to leave so that HN does not lose her company to the uncle. No one will be able to contest to the uncle, especially grandpa. It was mentioned in episode 10 that grandpa won't make it to winter.

Guest kapeadik

Thanks, viola and rasany! I seem to have some vague recollection of that scene now. :lol: After this series ends, I'll probably be doing countless marathons of its episodes for days hence, will get more MFL-savvy...just finished re-watching episode 10 actually hehe. Ugh...I feel the same way about that coupon...ooh, more drama! :wub: After TY hears EJ's revelations on DC, TY will feel more pressed now to ask HN's hand in marriage especially with matching rings already in hand. If her uncle indeed gains the upper-hand after exposing DC and HN's relationship for what it truly is, we will see a more confused HN in succeeding days. Either she gives up DC or she suffers the consequences of disappointing her grandfather for losing control of the family company. TY in the process, receives more leverage of getting HN in the end as his marriage proposal has the potential to save HN from her predicament. Of course, I'm just speculating here. :P But I distinctly recall what JIW said in the beginning, about TY learning the meaning of true love from HN? Ooh, something really big is about to happen! Seriously and excitedly looking forward on how all these will play out....

Go, go, go MFL! :)

Guest magarine

YEH looks so gorgeous in that white dress. She looks like a bride to me :)

Thank you for all nice caps and pics.

raahmose you stated a very well analysis. It makes me more in love with the character.

And thank for all speculations you guys made, it's very much fun to read :D

I just wish that DC won't use that coupon to cancel HN's wish. It's too sad for me T-T

I watch this drama b/c I like Yoon Eun Hye and her chemistry w/ the male Yoon. However, I have to admit that the script is very weak. The storyline does not flow naturally. It seems as though every scene is a setup and forceful. Since the writing is not that good, the actors are having a hard time relating to and developing their characters. YEH is trying so hard to act like a filthy rich princess, which I find that she is trying too hard to be like Paris Hilton. It kinds of bother me to see her keep folding her arms and the way she walks while doing so. However, I do like her emotional scenes w/ YSH in episode 9.

The last scene of episode 10 seems like it was filmed before episode 7, when she cut her hair short. In this scene, her face looks so sad that even when she tries to smile, it didn't look like a bright smile. Is it b/c of the harsh criticisms that she received from the press that make her so sad?

What I find refreshing is how HN does all the pre-date stuff wit DC and then goes on the actual date with TY.

That's really funny.She even invited DC to join their bike tour! Who would like a butler to come along if you could be alone with your new boy-friend? That tells a lot about her feelings.

And for TY, he would've loved to be the one teaching her. This is what makes HN so attractive to him, her faults, her shortcomings, her insecurities.

Well, no, I can't believe that. I rather think he likes her for her positive character traits and not because she makes him feel superior. He can do better than that!

I liked the bench scene... I appreciated how DC came out with the truth without beating around the bush.

But he didn't tell the truth. he said that he used to love her and that his feelings are gone now. That was a big lie. I don't understand why he talked about his love in the first place, if he could have explained his actions without any confessions and new lies. Now things are even more complicated.

Their relationship thus far has been based on mutual respect and appreciation. The emotions were engaged before the physical attration crept in.

Yeah, right!

The later was quiet obvious from DC's expresson when HN walked down the stairs in white dress. And I believe she was all too aware of it. She could see that he was taken aback by her and didn't mind it. Infact, She enjoyed it a little, being admired by him.

Which would mean that she toys with the two men.

Also, I appreciate with such simplicity HN said what was on her mind rather than doing the whole dramatic thing we so often find in kdramas. Just like DC earlier, she didn't beat around the bush and came forward with her emotions.

She's really refreshingly straight forward. Even when she got interested in TY at the beginning she just wanted to confess her feeling and said something like, 'Why should I hide it?' And when DC quit she came to the flower shop and asked him to come back. She really can swallow her pride. I wonder why she hasn't fully realized her love for DC, yet.

I am dying to see how the story will go on.

Somehow DC's social status must rise. We haven't learnt about his father, yet, so I guess, in reality he is a chaebol himself. Maybe he is TY's brother. They liked each other from the start... ;)

And what about the shop owner's harsh refusal to accept her daughter's love for DC even though he is like a son for her. It can't be just because he was a gigolo. There must be something in his past that she knows about.

What will be his answer to HN's request that he stays with her? Let's find some ideas for his first sentence.

How does

"I am sorry, I can't. If I stay, you'll break my heart" sound?

Whatever it is, I am quite sure TY will barge in.

Guest TaroTard

HC - Thanks for alerting me to the fact that ep 10 was subbed!!! I watched it last night and boy I loved it, what a great episode, the ending was just brilliant... but I hope what you guys said doesn't come true aout DC maybe using his coupon to leave!!! That would be too sad T_T

LadyUsagi - I agree with you about the age gap thing, I don't see what the problem is... the ratings are good if you consider the shows it is up against at the moment and like you said after QoH YSH is actually very popular over there at the moment... after people were left loving him in that series and wanting him to get the woman, I'm sure many wouldn't object to him getting the woman in this series!

Looking forwards to the next ep and the preview! HAHA Hopefully there will be one on Monday like the others... however seeing as this didn't even have a mini preview... maybe we are gonna have to wait T_T

Archived