[Drama 2009] My Fair Lady / Lady Castle 아가씨를 부탁해

_shin_

Guest DeCaf

title change? that sounds better although not original.... I'm on the edge of my seat now that the long wait is almost over, I'll see our lovely YEH again on the small screen. I noticed that unlike other "soon to be aired" dramas w/ so much press releases this one opted to keep a low profile, which is a better strategy I think. It just keeps us guessing ..... :)

• Replies 4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest smr05

i wrote up a long-ish post and somehow it went off with the fairies.. :huh:

anyhoo..

shin onni, yodya sis! i love the PS! keep em coming ^^

lols, pretty good for something made in a jiffy :D

Mr Wang sure is a little cutie!!

Hello smr05 nuna--! thank you but the link doesn't seem to want to work for me.

Does it work for you or anybody else?

I have a [stupid] question to all the Korean native speakers here.

Why is '아가씨' romanised as 'Agasshi'? Isn't '씨' pronounced, 'shi'?

Korean Lessons 101, rofl.

sunshymee bro, try tvants or tvsbox. tvants is working for me.

yeah ur right, "씨" = "shi"

but wherever i look, i see ppl writing '아가' as 'agasshi' (with an unnecessary first 's') and '[은혜]씨' is written as '[Eunhye]ssi' which isnt the proper pronunciation.

("씨" is pronounced "shi" like when you say "shipment"; not "ssi" which sounds like "seek")

yet the general consensus says otherwise so just write however it works for you ^^ (lols, Korean 101) :D

According to KBSWorld, they have decided to name the series as "My Fair Lady" - KBS World Webpage

thanks for the tidbit tiki_sg ^^

it seems, the Korean title stays as "Take Care of the Lady" but the english title will be "My Fair Lady".

hmm they should just make "My Fair Lady" the official title for all languages ^^;

36 days left y'all!! :D

Guest lualm

just when Take care of Agasshi was sinking in, here comes My Fair Lady.

anyways, at this point the changing of titles is stressing me out so yeah, just bring it on. we're all ready for the real goodies! wonder what would Eune wear in her first scene?

Guest danick

The title keeps on changing but what the heck, as long as the drama will push through then they can do whatever they want with the title but the marketing people will have a hard time to hype this up if this continues.

I hope nothing goes wrong with this project. I am just glad the Yoon Eun Hye will again grace the small screen!

Guest smr05

Another "Yoon" joins the <Agashi> cast ^^

2009071566287_2009071574251.jpg

http://www.hankyung.com/news/app/newsview....0107&page=1

이번 '아가씨를 부탁해'에서는 왕석현의 어머니 '조미옥'으로 출연한다. 사치스럽고 허영심 많은 것으로는 일등인 엄마.

성형에 중독돼 어린 시절과 완전 딴판인 얼굴이 된 인물로 푼수의 절대 연기를 선보이겠다는 각오다.

Veteran actress Yoon Yeh Hee (MNIKSS, Goong S) will be playing "Jo Mi Ok", the role of Wang Seok Hyun's mother, ie. YEH's aunt.

Jo Mi Ok is the no. 1 mum when it comes to vanity and indulging in luxury.

Having had an addiction to plastic surgery, she has a totally different face from her childhood and is nothing more than a thoughtless, imprudent woman.

^ lol.. im guessing she'll be a pain in the back side :sweatingbullets:

Guest MariYEH

:lol: your comment is cute... any other artistes with 'Yoon' ....

:lol: so far the cast: Yoon Eun Hye, Yoon Sang Hyun, Yoon Yeh Hee...too bad Yoon Kye Sang is

already doing "Triple" he would be another good addition to the "My Fair Lady" casts.

Guest smr05

This hasnt been posted right??

My Fair Lady

Genre : Drama

Premiere in Korea : 2009. 8

Premiere on KBS World : 2009. 9. 16

Runtime : 70'

Hye-na Kang, the only successor of Kang-san Group, is the owner of the ‘Lady Castle’ and lives a ‘princess-like’ life with her servants. Hye-na’s parents died from a plane accident and her grandfather brought her up. Hye-na is strong-headed, selfish and world revolves around her; it is because she could not experience the warmth of family when she grew up.

One day, she comes across Dong-chan. He makes Hye-na to do community service, kidnaps her, and now appears in front of her as the new household manager! Hye-na makes every effort to throw him out from the Castle, but this guy has tenacity in him!

(Credt: KBS World)

/edit: zacey ^^ umm.. yoon kye sang, yoon jong shin, yoon do hyun... hmm but the these ones are either busy or not acting ^^;

Guest mighty_cindy

I can't contained my excitement anymore I have to "delurk" myself. Thanks for the synopsis smr05, i can't wait for August to come.

Guest Yodya

Bwoh??? They changed the title again?

But no complaints from me this time since I find 'My Fair Lady' is waaaay better than TCOA.

The new storyline is interesting. Kidnapping thingy seems fun.

I can't wait to see how Dong-chan change her.

But what about a press conference? Are they going to have one?

Thanks smr for the updates and all for the news.

Guest nhetski

gosh i can barely keep up with all the changes this drama is undergoing!

but no matter if the title, plot, casts have changed, so long as YEH is still there, i'm still excited for it to start (and will definitely watch!)

bring it on My Fair Lady!

Guest ellayeh

annyeong~~~

my fair lady....

hope they wont change the name anymore...

i think the changes are enough..and hope they concentrate more on the shooting of drama instead of name...

but name is quite important as well..

now..no matter what the name it is...

im only rooting for YEH...

any name will do...just want to see how YEH and other cast sparks...

thanks all for the goodies and info~~~

*waves waves*

Guest White Star

since Yoon Eun Hye's character is describe as the only successor.....with no news on the sibling casting........i guess the 3 sister storyline is out.

Guest riehae

I liked ABoo better... well, as an abbreviation!!! hehe

My Fair Lady as the English title is ok...

it's not really totally changed but more of revised.

Guest smr05

Herro ^^

This is the Korean version of the synopsis, which is more detailed than the English one i posted earlier on :D

대한민국 상류층 최고의 '핫 셀레브리티' 재벌가 남자들이 선망하는 그녀 강혜나! 또한 재벌가 여자들이 두려워하고 미워하는 그녀 강혜나!

국내 최고 재벌인 강산그룹의 유일한 상속녀로서 완벽한 외모와 배경을 가졌다. 현재 레이디 캐슬의 주인으로 하녀와 하인들을 거느리고 공주처럼 살고 있다. 부모님은 어린 시절 비행기 사고로 돌아가셨고 엄격한 할아버지 밑에서 외롭게 자랐다.

무엇 하나 부족함 없이 공주 대접을 받으며 자라왔지만 부모나 친구와의 살가운 관계를 모르고 자랐기에 타인의 감정이나 상태에 대해 지극히 무관심하고 냉정하며 자기중심적이다. 입만 열었다 하면 위아래 가리지 않고 "닥쳐! 꺼져!! 때려쳐!!!"가 쏟아져나오고, 국가대표 수준의 탁월한 승마, 펜싱, 클레이 사격 솜씨를 갖추고 있지만 그녀가 이러한 솜씨를 발휘하는 것은 재수없는 남자들을 골리거나 간담을 서늘하게 만드는 것에 주로 사용된다.

그러던 어느날 우연히 만난 재수없는 서동찬이라는 녀석 때문에 인생이 꼬인다. 사회봉사명령을 받게 하질 않나, 납치를 하질 않나.. 그런데 그 녀석이 새로 들어온 집사란다!!! 역시나 이놈, 강적이었다. 어지간한 제초제에는 끄떡하지 않을 정도로 생명령이 질긴 잡초다. 밟고 뭉개고 물어뜯어도 어째 도망칠 생각을 하지 않는다.

서동찬, 예감이 좋지 않다. 인생 최대의 최강 상대를 만난 듯한 기분에 불안한데...

할 수 없다. 니가 스스로 나가지 못하겠다면 내가 나서서 나가게 해줄 수 밖에.

^ Here's the translation:

credit - smr05@YEHouse-soompi if taking out ^^

Of the high-rolling top 'hot celebrities' of the wealthy upper class in Korea's high society, Kang Hye-Na (Hena) is the one desired by the men, feared and hated by the women.

Being the only successor to the largest conglomerate company, Kang-san Group, Kang Hena has both the looks and the background. She is the owner of the ‘Lady Castle’ and lives a ‘princess-like’ life with her servants.

Losing both her mother and father in a plane crash at a young age, Hena had a lonely upbringing living under the care of her stringent grandfather.

Despite being brought up receiving princess treatment with everything she wanted, throughout her upbringing, Hena neither knew nor felt the emotional warmth from family and friends. For this reason, Hena is overtly indifferent and oblivious to others' feelings and situations and sees that the world only revolves around her.

Whenever she opens her mouth, the words "Shutup! Get lost!! Get over it!!!" spill out, no matter who the person is. Hena possesses skills leveling any national representative when it comes to horse riding, fencing and clay shooting. However the only reason why she holds these skills is to either humiliate men unworthy of her, or to add awkwardness to conversations.

[Hye-na's commentary] Until one day, out of pure coincidence, I come across Suh Dong-chan who turns my life upside down. Not only does he make me do community service, he even kidnaps me.. and now he's the new household manager!!!

This man surely was a problem. He was a persistent weed, that had so much perseverance that even a herbicide couldn't make this weed budge. Even after stepping on him, crushing him and biting him, he still doesn't run away.

Suh Dong-Chan, I knew I didn't have a good feeling about this man. Although I feel uneasy over the fact that I may have finally met my match...

I have no other choice. If you can't leave, then i'll get out of my way to make you leave.

ps/ Countdown: D-35

until My fair Lady!!

Guest viola501

Joining the countdown...

3 5 days to "Take Care of Agasshi" which also known as "My Fair Lady" originally known as "Lady Castle"

Though it's 35 days to TCOA premiere. We overseas fans have to wait longer (I guess) for someone to comeup with the drama with subs or have to wait for the DVD set-box to come out in our country which could likely be the next year :tears:

I'm so jealous to the Korean fans right now! :tongue2: :vicx:

Anyway, I guess I can still hold on with YEHdose (Behind the scenes clips, Interviews, NGs clips :D) until the drama finally available for us overseas fans ^_^

Eunhye onni Fighting!!!

Agasshi Fighting!!!

My Fair Lady Fighting-imnida!!! :lol:

Guest de Jarje

Another title changes ? So now "My Fair Lady"...after TCOA and LC....?

I recalled this titled were used by another K-drama in 2005 / 6 ( Kim Hee Sun and Go Soo ) ?

Wow, another cast of "Yoon". They sounds a 'real' family..

Btw, hehe the countdown makes me more exited...^ ^

Archived