Jang Dong Gun 장동건

Admin

February 8, 2012

Kim Ha-neul Confirmed To Join Jang Dong-gun In "Class Of Gentlemen"

en_120208_06.jpg

The main male-female duo for the upcoming new drama "Class Of Gentlemen" has been confirmed. Top actress Kim Ha-neul will be joining Jang Dong-gun on his small screen comeback.

This is the first time for the two to be working together. The name value of each of these two stars alone has kicked up the anticipation for this project. The staff behind is is just as notable. Producer Shin Woo-cheol will be joining hands with writer Kim Eun-sook, the team that brought you "Lovers In Paris" and "Secret Garden".

This drama will be Jang's first in 12 years, since his last role in "All About Eve". In it, he will play a fiery manager at an architecture firm named Kim Do-jin with a sharp tongue.

Kim will play a firm, driven, warm yet a very tell-it-like-it-is high school ethics teacher named Song I-soo. She also referees the community's amateur baseball league games.

"Class Of Gentlemen" will cover the themes of love, breakup, success, and defeat. It will follow four romances between four people, set to air in May.

Credit : KBS World

http://world.kbs.co.kr/english/program/program_musicnews_detail.htm?No=17593

Guest ruffluv

ok so this is like almost my first time back to this thread (and soompi) since this man broke my heart almost 2 years ago. Now that he's doing a drama again, i'll need someone to teach me how to download dramas....i've never bothered to learn that before... :P

whatever it is, he's still my one and only love... :wub:

****** Looking forward for their new projects. :lol:

3 Hallyu stars turn and go!

43891649.2.jpg

Jang Dong-gun and Lee Byeong-Heon back home...kwon Sang-woo goes out to USA and China.

Jang Dong-gun, Lee Byeong-Heon and kwon Sang-woo are going different ways.

Jang Dong-gun has put his foreign activities on hold after 2010 "The Warrior's Way", 2011 "My Way" and Chinese movie "Dangerous Liaisons". He will be returning to home screens this May with SBS drama "A Gentleman's Dignity". This is his first come back in 12 years. It was one of the hottest issues around the media biz for a while. Jang Dong-gun who came back to Korea on the 6th after the making of "Dangerous Liaisons" will head for the Berlin International Film Festival on the 8th if the movie "My Way" gets chosen for screening. He will then start making "A Gentleman's Dignity" when he comes back on the 13th.

Lee Byeong-Heon who has been busy with American movie "G.I.Joe 2" after 2010 Korean movie "I Saw the Devil", will start making his first historical movie "The King of Chosun". He is going to take on the role of Gwanghaegun of the Chosun and a low class character who looks like him.

Unlike the two who have come back to the country, kwon Sang-woo will start being active outside. He returned to Korea after having completed the movie "12 Chinese Zodiac Heads" with Jackie Chan in China at the end of last year. He previously completed the movie "Repeat I Love You" with Cecilia Chung and is going to attempt at another foreign project.

Chairman Lee Joo-yeong of Bell Actors Entertainment said, "We are looking at China or America sooner this year. He will be active in Korea sometime in the later part of this year".

Source : news.nate.com/view/20... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Guest iluvugudbye

Feature profile - My Way

By KANG Byeong-jin 02.03.2012

Headed for the Berlinale Panorama section, director KANG  Je-kyu’s <My Way>is a historic film is more ways than one. KANG  Byeong-jin goes over the details.

BvAZzTlxoMXHhAQlTMYq.jpg

World  War II film <My Way> is KANG Je-kyu’s fourth film as a director,  following <Gingko Bed>, <Shiri> and <Taegukgi>.  <Shiri> was the first Korean film to bring in over 2 million  admissions in Seoul (back when nationwide figures were unavailable and  the capital’s statistics were used as rule-of thumb). On its release,  <Taegukgi> along with <Silmido> opened the era of Korean  films with admissions of 10 million and more.   

Even from the outside, <My Way> seems like an extension of  the challenges Kang’s work took on before. The film’s stage spans Korea  to China through the former Soviet Union to Normandy, and it stars JANG  Dong-gun and Odagiri JOE, the top stars of Korea and Japan respectively.  More than anything, the film’s budget of about KW28 billion (US$24.8  million) is the highest ever in Korean cinema history.  

The film was produced by Kang’s company Directors. SK Telecom and  CJ E&M both put in 40% each and the other 20% came from partial  investors in China and Korea. The Chinese company that took on 10% of  the production costs was Mu Xiao Guang, the company that also represents  FAN Bingbing, the Chinese actress who appears in <My Way>.  

Based on a true story, the film follows a Korean man who gets  drafted into the Japanese colonial army in the late 1930s and forced  into battles and prisoner camps in China, the former Soviet Union, and  ends up in Normandy to be captured by American troops on the day of the  Allied invasion. The film also portrays the conflict, reconciliation and  friendship he has with a Japanese man, once his boyhood rival in  running races, who is fated to walk the same path as he.   “Whether the victim or the victimizer in the war, this was a story  that not even those involved knew much about,” he said, noting what  makes this film particularly different from many other war films. Kang  says he was moved by the script and a television documentary on the  subject of ‘a Korean in Normandy’ and fascinated by the man’s uncrushed  spirit in the middle of historic upheaval.   Much of the film was shot on Korea’s Saemangeum Seawall, a great  401㎢ plain created by filling in the sea. The only overseas location in  <My Way> was Latvia, where they shot the Normandy invasion.  

Although the film has so far clocked up more than 2 million  admissions in Korea, <My Way>’s real challenge now is in seeing  how well it does in the global arena. Starting with a January release in  Japan where it opened at no. 3 in its first week, the film is set to  open in more than 20 territories including China, the US, UK, Germany  and Australia.

source: Korea Cinema Today

***Ohhh………I didn’t know this. :lol:

Director Yoo Ha, "Jang Dong-gun was first in line for "A Frozen Flower"

20120210165313246.jpg

First in line for "A Frozen Flower" was Jang Dong-gun and not Joo Jin-mo

Went to Daejeon to cast kwon Sang-woo in the movie "Once Upon A Time In High School"

"Howling" manages to succeed in casting number 1

It wasn't easy for "Marriage Is a Crazy Thing", "Once Upon A Time In High School", "A Dirty Carnival" and "A Frozen Flower" director Yoo Ha to find the right cast for his projects.

He appeared in Kong Hyeong-jin's SBS Power FM "Kong Hyeong-jin's Cinetown" and said "All the casts I had in mind for the movies I wrote the scenario for didn't work out" and started to reveal the casting stories.

"The role Joo Jin-mo played out was actually meant for Jang Dong-gun but Joo Jin-mo was at Jang Dong-gun's house when he asked if he could have it. "A Dirty Carnival" and "Once Upon A Time In Highschool" were also for other actors I had in mind when I wrote the scenario".

He continued, "I pretended to run into kwon Sang-woo to cast him in the movie "One Upon A Time In Highschool" when I actually went down to Daejeon on a rainy day".

He expressed affection as he said, ""Howling" is one of my successful movies which succeeded in casting the actor who is Song Kang-ho that was first on my list".

"Howling" by Yoo Ha is about a promotion-thirsty detective Sang-gil (Song Kang-ho) and rookie detective Eun-yeong (Lee Na-young) who solves the mystery behind the case and track down a murderous wolf-dog. It is a movie based on the Japanese original "Frozen Fangs" by Nonami Asa. To be released on the 16th.

Source : movie.daum.net/movieI... ( Korean )

Translation : Hancinema

Guest iluvugudbye

[Poster] Dangerous Liaison Movie

2012021316273661165_1.jpg

this is the first international poster of our JDG's DL movie. it was reported that DL participated in the Berlin International Festival and unveiled its first international poster which attracted a lot of attention from foreign buyers. The poster shows a nude back view of a woman's (?) body, our JDG (is that beard?) with cecilia cheung in his arms and a pic of Zhang ziyi with her beautiful steamy eyes.

yippeeyyy! :w00t: can't wait to watch this movie. according to reports,it is expected to be released this summer in Korea and China and will be distributed around the world? :lol:

source: Nate

February 23, 2012

Chinese actresses sing praises of Jang Dong-gun

By Carla Sunwoo [carlasunwoo@joongang.co.kr] koreajoongangdaily.com

22173418.jpg

Chinese actresses Zhang Ziyi and Cecelia Cheung have expressed their admiration for the Hallyu star Jang Dong-gun through the director Hur Jin-ho, who worked with all three actors on the upcoming movie “Dangereous Liaisons.”

According to the film’s director, the Chinese actresses were touched by Jang’s professionalism and compassionate heart while on the movie set.

“Jang’s determination and the fact that he took the time to learn and perfect his Chinese for the movie amazed the actors and the staff on set,” said Hur during an interview with OSEN.

The movie, starring three of the biggest names in the Asian film industry, is a remake of the French classic “Dangerous Liaisons” by Chinese and Singaporean production companies. The film has been remade five times to date. The most famous version featured Hollywood actors John Malkovich and Michelle Pfeiffer in 1988.

Meanwhile, Jang and Hur previously worked on the action movie “Friend” in 2001. Hur was impressed by Jang from their previous work and described the actor’s new role as, “A menace and a coward,” while calling the actor “impeccable” in real life.

Jang also worked with Cheung on the Chinese movie “The Promise” in 2005.

Jang Dong-gun to celebrate birthday with fans next month

2012022218054947281_1.jpg

Top Korean actor Jang Dong-gun will celebrate his upcoming birthday with a fan meeting next month, according to his agency AM Entertainment.

Jang will hold the gathering with some 350 fans from Korea and abroad in Jeju Island on March 3, the official said on Wednesday.

"The birthday party and fan meeting will take place to commemorate the 20th anniversary of his debut as an actor," the official said, adding that Jang holds the annual event with his fan club Adonis.

Jang is one of the biggest names in Korea with a number of hits under his belt including top Korean films "Friend," "TaeGukGi: Brotherhood Of War" and "Typhoon." He also starred in Hollywood pic "Warrior's Way" and in director Kang Je-gyu's Hollywood debut war feature "My Way."

He will soon make his small screen comeback in 12 years as the male lead in SBS' TV series "Dignity of a Gentleman" (translated title) set to premiere in May.

Credit : 10Asia

http://10.asiae.co.kr/Articles/new_view.htm?sec=ent0&a_id=2012022218054947281

Guest iluvugudbye

[News] "My Way" to premiere in North American region in April.

2794_S_1321943815.jpg

Korean war flick "My Way," starring Jang Dong-gun and Odagiri Joe, is  slated to make its premiere in North American region in April, according  to the film's promoter CJ Entertainment.

A rep with CJ told  10Asia over the phone on Monday that "My Way" will first make its way  into theaters in Los Angeles, California on April 20.

"Just like  the other CJ movies we have plans to open 'My Way' in several other  states throughout North America as well as Canada though we are still in  discussions on its premiere dates," the official explained.

"My  Way" which tells the story of an Asian soldier (played by Jang) who was  captured by the Japanese army and later turned over to the German Nazis  during World War II, was presented to foreign buyers during the 64th  annual Festival de Cannes in May of last year.

The pic, which is  also famed Korean director Kang Je-gyu's Hollywood debut work, fared  well after opening in local theaters on December 21 of last year and was  recently screened at the 62nd Berlin International Film Festival.

source: 10asia

Guest iluvugudbye

Stars Attend VIP Premiere of "Gabi"   

by: jnkm  on Mar  6, 2012 @ soompi news. (much thanks)

28441fdf832c7b18baa9ce533f54bd1a_large.jpg

On the evening of March 6, the VIP premiere of "Gabi" was held at the CGV theaters in Seoul.

"Gabi" (or "Russian Coffee") is a historical mystery thriller about Illichi (played by Joo Jin Mo), who is Russia's best sniper and dual spy, Tanya (played by Kim So Yeon), who is a barista as well as the possessor of the key to Kim Gojong's assassination, Sadako (played by Yoo Sun), who has left her home country to live in Japan and Gojong (played by Park Hee Soon), who is the last king to reign and the first king to ever taste coffee in the Joseon era.

Top stars such as Jang Dong Gun, Park Si Yeon, Han Jung Soo, Chi Chi, Jeon Hye Bin, Yoo Hae Jin, ALi and others attended the VIP premiere. The film will hit theaters on March 15.

(i've deleted the other photos. here's JDG's photo below.)

52772b627a62dba43ffb051188fef5dd_large.jpg

Jang Dong Gun was the talk of the night - he looks like he lost some weight but it may be because of the black/dark gray attire

Stars Attend VIP Premiere of "Gabi"   

by: jnkm  on Mar  6, 2012 @ soompi news. (much thanks)

On the evening of March 6, the VIP premiere of "Gabi" was held at the CGV theaters in Seoul.

"Gabi" (or "Russian Coffee") is a historical mystery thriller about Illichi (played by Joo Jin Mo), who is Russia's best sniper and dual spy, Tanya (played by Kim So Yeon), who is a barista as well as the possessor of the key to Kim Gojong's assassination, Sadako (played by Yoo Sun), who has left her home country to live in Japan and Gojong (played by Park Hee Soon), who is the last king to reign and the first king to ever taste coffee in the Joseon era.

Top stars such as Jang Dong Gun, Park Si Yeon, Han Jung Soo, Chi Chi, Jeon Hye Bin, Yoo Hae Jin, ALi and others attended the VIP premiere. The film will hit theaters on March 15.

(i've deleted the other photos. here's JDG's photo below.)

*quoted image*

Jang Dong Gun was the talk of the night - he looks like he lost some weight but it may be because of the black/dark gray attire

Hi dam-su, thanks for posting this here. Looking forward to this movie – I miss Jo Jin Mo. It’s been quite a while since I last watched JJM on the screen. Not surprised that JDG was there since they’re buddies. :lol:

Guest iluvugudbye

Hi dam-su, thanks for posting this here. Looking forward to this movie – I miss Jo Jin Mo. It’s been quite a while since I last watched JJM on the screen. Not surprised that JDG was there since they’re buddies.  :lol:

me too, sis. looking forward to this movie. it's nice to see our JDG giving support to his buddy JJM. he's looking hot on those black-gray outfit. as for JJM, i've only seen two of his movies, the 1st one was 200 pounds beauty and frozen flower. and i can say he such a great actor. i heard our JDG was the first choice for frozen flower. ha ha ha would love to see him do what JJM did in that movie. geez! i wonder what if he did..... :wub::lol:

me too, sis. looking forward to this movie. it's nice to see our JDG giving support to his buddy JJM. he's looking hot on those black-gray outfit. as for JJM, i've only seen two of his movies, the 1st one was 200 pounds beauty and frozen flower. and i can say he such a great actor. i heard our JDG was the first choice for frozen flower. ha ha ha would love to see him do what JJM did in that movie. geez! i wonder what if he did..... :wub::lol:

dam-su sis, ohhh.........you've only seen his movies. Try his dramas when you find time - he's a great actor, right? I've watched these (2) movies you've mentioned. And I know that JDG was the 1st choice for FF..............Hehehe - maybe he didn't accept the offer because of his role there. That movie is sensual but I like it, a very nice film. :lol:

Guest iluvugudbye

dam-su sis, ohhh.........you've only seen his movies. Try his dramas when you find time - he's a great actor, right? I've watched these (2) movies you've mentioned. And I know that JDG was the 1st choice for FF..............Hehehe - maybe he didn't accept the offer because of his role there. That movie is sensual but I like it, a very nice film.  :lol:

hey sis. yeah, i think so too. the movie and the role was too sensual for him that's why he declined it. but JJM did a great job in portraying the role. he was excellent in there.   hhhmmmm.... come to think of it, never saw JDG do any sexy movies. and never seen any works of him doing sensual scenes. now, this makes me really curious about dangerous liaisons. wonder if our JDG will do something unexpected in this movie.:D

anyway, will try to check out other of JJM works if i'll have time. ;)

hey sis. yeah, i think so too. the movie and the role was too sensual for him that's why he declined it. but JJM did a great job in portraying the role. he was excellent in there.   hhhmmmm.... come to think of it, never saw JDG do any sexy movies. and never seen any works of him doing sensual scenes. now, this makes me really curious about dangerous liaisons. wonder if our JDG will do something unexpected in this movie.:D

anyway, will try to check out other of JJM works if i'll have time. ;)

sis, thanks for reminding me about his upcoming movie. I almost forgot. Looking forward to watch this...........aish.........will be patient again to wait for the DVD copy.....Can't wait also for his drama. I’m excited to watch his works. Besides, I miss JDG in the small screen. This will only be his 2nd drama. I'm really wondering why he doesn't like to do dramas, huh? Just like WonBin....Well, I'm glad that he finally do another one. :lol:

Guest iluvugudbye

Kanryu Currents in Japan, Past and Present

BvAZzTlxoMXHhAQlTMYq.jpg

Tokyo-based journalist, translator and filmmaker Jason GRAY examines  the ebb and flow of the Korean Wave in Japan over the past ten years,  pinpointing the highs and lows.

The Korean wave of popular culture in Japan, referred to as "kanryu"  or "hanryu" in Japanese, has had an interesting ebb and flow over the  past decade. There were earlier booms here including traditional Korean  ballads ("enka") in the late 70s, the Seoul Olympics in 1988 and the  South Korea-Japan co-hosted World Cup in 2002. Japanese cinema  exhibitors saw their first genuine Korean smash with Kang Je-gyu's "Shiri"  (2000), which earned JPY1.8 billion (US$22.1 million) - an impressive  result to this day. As we'll see, KANG is unique in that he figures into  pre, peak and post kanryu cinema.

But the wave proper in Japan is attributed to a magical day almost exactly nine years ago in April 2003 when Korean TV drama "Winter Sonata"  was broadcast on NHK BS2 and changed the two nations' shared cultural  landscape forever. It also spawned a self-sustaining merchandising and  advertising industry around its star Bae Yong-joon,  aka "Yon-sama". BAE has also given back, donating KW1 billion  (approximately US$900,000) to victims of the March 11 disaster last  year.

Since those snowy days on Namisum, the stream of TV dramas, movies, and music has been constant with K-Pop acts Kara and Girls' Generation  heralding a so-called "2nd" or "new" wave in 2010. Not a day goes by in  the Japanese news when the term kanryu is not mentioned, extending  beyond just contents into the social fabric of Japan.

On the flip-side (and dark side) there are theories, punctuated by  some particularly nasty allegations, of collusion between the Korean  government, Japanese TV networks and advertising giants in exaggerating  the true popularity of kanryu contents (particularly K-Pop) to better  line their pockets. One of 2011's more remarkable kanryu stories, and  media-related news items, period, was a backlash in the form of large  protests held outside of major broadcaster Fuji TV for showing too much  Korean content.

Looking at Korean cinema in Japan, things are less obfuscated. Korea  holds the #2 spot for imported movies behind the U.S. Aside from a blip  in 2009, when overall imports plummeted after a string of small-medium  distributor bankruptcies, it's held the position since overtaking  traditional runner-up France in 2004. In 2011, there were 34 Korean  releases, just over half of the 61 that came out in 2005 – Korean  cinema's best ever year in the territory.

The mid-noughties were heady days, with films like "Taegukgi"  (2004, Kang once again) getting a 300 screen release in mid-2004 and  earning JPY1.5 billion (US$18.4 million), topped half a year later by "Windstruck"'s  JPY2 billion (US$24.6 million) windfall, which also marked distributor  Warner Brothers Japan's first Korean film release. Things pumped up even  further with 2005 releases "April Snow", which took JPY2.75 billion (US$33.8 million), and all time champion "A Moment to Remember", which took JPY3 billion (US$36.9 million).

They deflated fairly rapidly, too. Japanese audiences didn't get very excited over Korean creature megahits "The Host" (2006) and "D-War" (2007) nor period piece "The King and the Clown"  (2005). They turned back to local films in huge numbers, with Japanese  films in 2006 overtaking imports for the first time in 21 years.

The DVD market began to atrophy, which contributed to the  aforementioned bankruptcies and weakened companies actively acquiring  Korean movies such distributor-exhibitor SPO Entertainment. These days  SPO focuses on safer K-drama video sales.

Fast forward to 2010. In a bold move, CJ Entertainment opens a  Japanese entity in partnership with Toei exhibition affiliate T-Joy to  reignite the old box office flame and venture further into Korea-Japan  co-productions. A remake of Ghost ("Ghost : In Your Arms Again") co-starring Song Seung-heon  would be one of their first major co-production efforts, and Paramount  Japan's first LLP (local language production) venture. It did mediocre  business.

Last year, Toei itself got back in the foreign  acquisition-distribution game after almost 30 years. With a focus on  major Asian releases, Toei's opening salvo was 2010 megahit "The Man From Nowhere", directed by Lee Jeong-beom and starring Won Bin,  who has a passionate female following here. Unfortunately it wasn't a  grower, despite high marks from those who did see it. This was followed  by much smaller Toei release "Camellia" (2010), a Busan-set omnibus feature with a segment directed by Jang Joon-hwan.

Something wasn't working. The situation called for a cinema  spectacular that would bowl over Korean and Japanese audiences the way "Taegukgi" did. "My Way" was Kang Je-gyu's third act.

With a budget of over US$20 million, "My Way" opened on 300 screens (just like "Taegukgi")  on January 14. It only managed to pip US$1 million. Within a month it  had all but disappeared from the battlefield, ending up in a shallow  grave of $3 million. Kanryu cinema still hasn't gotten its mojo back...

What else will 2012 bring? With its critical drubbing at home, moviegoers might leave next week's "Hindsight" in their rearview mirrors. But May is looking "Sunny - 2010". And there have been well-received local "Poetry"  readings across Japan since last month. And when will Japan become  animated over the new wave of Korean cartoon features such as "Leafie, A Hen Into The Wild"?

Perhaps a different approach is required. Economically linked sister  cities Busan and Fukuoka (a scant 50-minute plane ride or 3-hour ferry  ride apart) have just launched a new initiative entitled the "Kanryu  Cinema Campaign". With an aim to increase the fan base for each other's  films, three as-of-yet unscreened titles from both countries will be  shown beginning this fall until March 2012. Fukuoka, which has two film  festivals of its own, hopes to learn from the exponential growth of the  film industry across the Korea Strait.

Things may be a little unsteady for Korean cinema in Japan recently,  but that's the nature of waves. It's sure to crest once again.

Source : koreanfilm.or.kr/webz... ( English Korean )/hancinema

• 2 weeks later...
Guest iluvugudbye

Jang Dong Gun, Lee Ha Neul Hold First Script Reading for ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’ Reading for ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’     

2012-03-26 15:26  l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung 

Translation Credit: Stewart Ho                                                                                               

The first script reading for Jang Dong Gun’s small screen comeback drama, SBS’ A Gentlemen’s Dignity was held recently.

On  March 22 at SBS’ Tanhyeon Production Center, the main cast and crew of  the upcoming SBS drama met for the first time to hold a script reading.  On this day, in addition to director Shin Woo Chul and writer Kim Eun  Sook, the main cast including Jang, Lee Ha Neul, Kim Su Ro, Kim Min Jong  and more were all in attendance.

51242019.JPG

It  was revealed there was a lot of commotion that occurred on this day as  many individuals came out to catch a glimpse of the super star Jang.

According  to a member that was there that day, “All sorts of people including  managers, stylists and others came out to try and catch a glimpse of  Jang Dong Gun. Jang really must be a top star as even from afar he  seemed to glow.”

As Jang’s drama counterpart, Lee Ha Neul, is  part of Jang’s agency, AM Entertainment, and with Kim Su Ro and Kim Jong  Min being long-time friends of Jang, the environment for the reading  was said to be comfortable.

In addition, as actor Lee Jong Hyuk  is a member of the celebrity baseball team, Playboy, which Jang is a  part of, the camaraderie among the stars were clearly evident.

A member of the production shared, “With a script absent of any superfluous things and acting from top stars, A Gentlemen’s Dignity sounds like it’s going to be a huge hit. The teamwork is really great too.”

Kim  Su Ro also heightened anticipation for the drama by tweeting the  following day, “My thoughts after attending the first reading for A Gentlemen’s Dignity! This drama is really fun. I’ve never laughed so much during a reading like this. I’m already waiting for the first episode.”

53475798.JPG

A Gentlemen’s Dignity marks a return of the Shin Woo Chul director and Kim Eun Sook writer combo from Secret Garden and will revolve around the various life styles of adults in their fourties.

Photo credit: AM Entertainment, CJ E&M, Kim Byung Kwan

source: enewsworld

Jang Dong Gun, Lee Ha Neul Hold First Script Reading for ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’ Reading for ‘A Gentleman’s Dignity’     

2012-03-26 15:26  l CJ E&M enewsWorld Lee, InKyung 

Translation Credit: Stewart Ho                                                                                               

The first script reading for Jang Dong Gun’s small screen comeback drama, SBS’ A Gentlemen’s Dignity was held recently.

On  March 22 at SBS’ Tanhyeon Production Center, the main cast and crew of  the upcoming SBS drama met for the first time to hold a script reading.  On this day, in addition to director Shin Woo Chul and writer Kim Eun  Sook, the main cast including Jang, Lee Ha Neul, Kim Su Ro, Kim Min Jong  and more were all in attendance.

It  was revealed there was a lot of commotion that occurred on this day as  many individuals came out to catch a glimpse of the super star Jang.

According  to a member that was there that day, “All sorts of people including  managers, stylists and others came out to try and catch a glimpse of  Jang Dong Gun. Jang really must be a top star as even from afar he  seemed to glow.”

As Jang’s drama counterpart, Lee Ha Neul, is  part of Jang’s agency, AM Entertainment, and with Kim Su Ro and Kim Jong  Min being long-time friends of Jang, the environment for the reading  was said to be comfortable.

In addition, as actor Lee Jong Hyuk  is a member of the celebrity baseball team, Playboy, which Jang is a  part of, the camaraderie among the stars were clearly evident.

A member of the production shared, “With a script absent of any superfluous things and acting from top stars, A Gentlemen’s Dignity sounds like it’s going to be a huge hit. The teamwork is really great too.”

Kim  Su Ro also heightened anticipation for the drama by tweeting the  following day, “My thoughts after attending the first reading for A Gentlemen’s Dignity! This drama is really fun. I’ve never laughed so much during a reading like this. I’m already waiting for the first episode.”

A Gentlemen’s Dignity marks a return of the Shin Woo Chul director and Kim Eun Sook writer combo from Secret Garden and will revolve around the various life styles of adults in their fourties.

Photo credit: AM Entertainment, CJ E&M, Kim Byung Kwan

source: enewsworld

Hi dam-su, thanks for sharing this article. Finally.................we heard about this upcoming drama. :lol:

***I feel happy that JDG is in the list. Quite surprised that Kim Hyun Joong didn't make on the list. I'm honestly surprised also that Hyun Bin isn't higher up in the list. :lol:

Who is currently the hottest celebrity?

Fifty celebrity ‘experts’ recently picked out celebrities who they believed were the current ‘Hottest Stars’. The number one recipient came out to be none other than actor Kim Soo Hyun.

The group of experts include various professional critics such as music, movie, drama, and television officials. It’s a tough crowd to please, unless you’re Kim Soo Hyun at the moment. Out of the 50 participants, thirty three experts picked out Kim Soo Hyun without a second thought, making him the ‘Hottest Star’ according to the survey.

Kim Soo Hyun’s popularity has skyrocketed after his role in MBC‘s ‘The Moon that Embraces the Sun‘. He is probably the most favored actor currently which has lead him to an endless line of endorsement deals. Kim Soo Hyun will be busy for a while, raking in all that cash.

Aside from Kim Soo Hyun, Big Bang followed behind by a big margin with only five votes while Girls’ Generation and actor Ha Jung Woo were tied for the third spot with just three votes each.

45001389.2.jpg

The experts also picked out celebrities who they deemed worthy of the titles, ‘Most Handsome Star’ and ‘Most Beautiful Star’.

Under the ‘Most Handsome Star’ category, actor Won Bin topped the list with seventeen votes, followed by Kim Soo Hyun and Jang Dong Gun. Meanwhile, in the ‘Most Beautiful Star’ segment, Kim Tae Hee grabbed first place with 14 votes while Son Ye Jin and Lee Min Jung tied in for second.

Won Bin and Kim Tae Hee who are both in their thirties are still regarded as the most attractive stars in South Korea. Their age doesn’t seem to have a negative affect on their appearance.

Hottest Stars Full List

Kim Soo Hyun

Big Bang

Girl’s Generation

Ha Jung Woo

Lee Seung Gi

Hyun Bin

IU

Han Ga In

Yoo Ah In

Ali

Most Handsome Star Full List