Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest valentino_rossi46

“Wonder Girls” appears on Sunmi’s GED Test paper

sunmi10.jpg

Recently, we posted photos of Wonder Girls‘ Sunmi taking her Korean GED on April 11, as she took a temporary leave from the group to further her studies. She wore casual clothes and was cheerful and innocent.

However, Sunmi’s appearance at the GED exam site wasn’t the only shock of the day. On the test, Wonder Girls, even appeared as one of the multiple choice answers! Fans are curious as to her reaction when she saw Wonder Girls as an answer.

SBS E!TV’s E! News Korea actually visited Sunmi at the testing site in Pohang. They had a chance to talk to the instructor there, who said, “Even with many people watching over her, Sunmi was able to calmly finish the exam.”

There has been an onslaught of questions from Korean fans and international fans alike since Sunmi’s withdrawal from the Wonder Girls. On April 16th at 8PM, an episode aired, showing Sunmi’s true feelings.

wonder-girls-on-ged.jpg

The test question reads,

The picture shows the relationship between Korea’s GDP and GNP. What does C represent?

1) Wonder Girls’ total earnings in Korea

2) Soccer player, Park Ji Sung’s total earnings in England

3) Coach Hiddink’s total earnings in Korea

4) A native Korean’s total earnings in Japan

Meanwhile, the Wonder Girls held a live chat session on April 17 at 7PM PDT with new member Lim. They addressed different questions, and fans from all over the world participated. They reached #3 on Twitter’s Trending Topics, and reported plans to hold concerts in Hawaii, Vancouver, Seattle, San Jose, Las Vegas, Denver, Chicago, Detroit, Toronto, Montreal, Boston, Connecticut, New Jersey, Philadelphia, Virginia, Tampa, Orlando, and Miami. Also, 2AM and 2PM will open for their concerts, but for the 9 confirmed concerts, 2AM will not be attending.

[source: Newsen]

[Translation: ch0sshi@Kpoplive.com]

OMG Unbelievalbe :o

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

Thanks for the ustream link to the recorded video; Missed the chat due to other obligations.

No time to watch the complete thing yet but, of course, I couldn't resist reading the blogs & WF gossip first. :P

[news] Wonder Girls kick off with USTREAM

Sunday, April 18, 2010

5 member girl group Wonder Girls kicked off their USTREAM on the 18th at 11:00 am and shared an online live stream conversation with fans all over the world.

They answered fan's questions which was posted up and gave information about their upcoming american tour which will be starting in June. They also said that they cannot reveal much on their new songs because it is "Top Secret" but they promised their new songs are amazing and expect it to be good.

Also joining in the team is new member HyeRim and she was asked who is her favorite singer and she answered "Beyonce" and explained that Beyonce is full of talent which can be seen by everyone.

They mostly conversed in English and sometimes had some korean dialogue's, HyeRim was also very fluent in Chinese. They also said they had a lot of fun with their concert in Shanghai, China.

YooBin said that Their new songs will be in English, Korean and Chinese as well as their music video. They worked hard for it and hope that it will make their fans happy.

Meanwhile, Wonder Girls will be releasing their album in May 16 in three different countries and will be cross promoting from United States to South korea.

TAKE OUT WITH FULL CREDITS

Source: Starnews

Credits: Blueprincess824 @ dailykpopnews(dkpopnews.net)

Source: http://www.dkpopnews.net/2010/04/news-wond...th-ustream.html

- - - - - - - - - - - -

What did Wonder Girls talk about today?

Posted on Apr 18, 2010 Posted by FANtastic Wonders

omgkpop.com

Wonder Girls who are now in Korea had their live chat session on UStream today, April 18th at 11.00 am KST. The girls started off the chat by introducing themselves and Yubin introduced Hye Rim since it was her first time attending the live chat with fans online.

There were some new and important information regarding their new mini album, MVs, the 20-city US tour venues and schedules and the Sony Ericsson promotional events. Wonder Girls also mentioned that they will be in Taiwan on the 21st of April to meet their fans and at the same time enjoying some local delicacies and sceneries there. During the chat, the girls talk about matters such as favorite colors, favorite artists, favorite season of the year and answered some questions from the fans.

On the release of their new mini album, Wonder Girls emphasized a few times during the chat that it will take place on 15th May, 2010 at 7 pm (Pacific Time). The launching will be streamed live and there will have Chinese subtitles as well. There will be special guests attending the launching. However, for the time being, the list of special guests are kept confidential. During the launch, Wonder Girls will perform three songs live. Yenny also mentioned that the mini album will contain about 8 songs.

Besides the launching of the new mini album, the girls talk about the shooting of their latest MV which was recorded in three languages – Korean, Chinese and English. In the MV, fans will get to see JY Park speaking in the three different languages mentioned. According to them, the MV will feature something new about them and showcase the sexy and cute sides of Wonder Girls. The girls were cheerful throughout the chat and they are happy that they get to meet their families everyday while in Korea shooting their new MV and recording the new mini album.

Wonder Girls who were in China and recently in Singapore for the Sony Ericsson promotional events confirmed that they will be flying to Indonesia soon to promote Sony Ericsson as well. Sony Ericsson will be having a dance contest soon and those who are interested can submit their dance videos, which will be vet through by Wonder Girls themselves. The winner of the contests will have a chance to meet the Wonder Girls and the girls assured that it will be a very special meeting. So, get your cams ready!

With all the details and information as disclosed by Wonder Girls during the live chat session today, We are pretty sure that WonderFuls are getting more excited about the mini album, their new MV as well as their US tour which will be kicking off in June. So, stay tune to OMGKPOP for more updates on Wonder Girls.

Source: http://www.omgkpop.com/news/general/3214-w...alk-about-today

- - - - - - - - - - -

Wonder Girls hype their new song in Ustream live chat

April 18th, 2010

KpopToday.com

The Wonder Girls showed their pretty faces to worldwide fans today during their live chat on Ustream where they answered questions the fans asked.

For one hour, they advertised their album launch party, their upcoming tour and first US album.

When a fan asked about their upcoming single, Yenny said, “Top secret. But it’s an amazing song. It’s a song to get excited for.”

New member Lim introduced herself to the fans for the first time. She revealed that she likes BoA and Beyonce. She spoke Korean, English and Cantonese and did not fail to impress the fans.

The Girls harmonized This Time in Chinese and blew the fans away. Yenny said, “For this new song, we recorded it in Korean, English and Chinese. And we shot the music video so it was hard but fun.”

When asked whether or not JYP is scary they answered, “No. He’s funny. He’s like our uncle. Uncle Park.”

There were fans from all over the world such as Vietnam, China, Taiwan, Singapore, Brazil, Mexico, Peru and more who chatting in real time with them.

I’m just so excited to see the girls promote in the US and in Korea at the same time as soon as their album is released.

Source: http://kpoptoday.com/news/wonder-girls-hyp...ream-live-chat/

- - - - - - - - - - - -

I'm talking with the Wonder Girls now

posted by Azrael Coladilla, azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com

Sunday, April 18, 2010

they just logged in 2 min. ago

I got lucky I'm online and saw a twitter message from Ustream and informing us that Wonder Girls is live in video stream, I logged in and posted this immediately in all my networks. At first didn't see any pinoys hanging online, and I think I was the only first pinoy to drop by a message and question, but too bad my internet got wonky and got disconnected for 1 minute and didn't know if they answered my question if they have any plans to visit us here and do a concert. And later on saw lots of post from our fellow pinoy Wonder Girls fans, and the social stream chat board got flooded and I just don't know how the girls read the questions or maybe tru twitter.

But my question was answered at last as I heard that they will have a USA album tour our May 15, 2010 and that's also the date of the Then and Now Concert, which I heard that they are trying to bring them here and because of this online confirmation from the Wonder Girls, we can say that they are no longer available for the event here and hopefully have a concert and album tour after their tour in Indonesia, Singapore, Thailand, and China. Also heard that they want to go to Hong Kong, maybe another tour will be organized after their album tour and launching. I'm not sure if I'm right that they are in the USA today, or in Korea. I'll look for a recording of the live video stream, will review it and post it here.

and now the news will spread...no Wonder Girls on May 15..but I heard from the concert producer that they will try to get 2NE1 for the May 15 here in Manila.

ok its confirmed..they are in Korea.

I managed to grab the recorded video and they introduced to us their new member

watch the video below {link]

Source: http://azraelsmerryland.blogspot.com/2010/...-girls-now.html

- - - - - - - - - - - -

dwzal4.png

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Also, I understand that hallyufancard.jp (the Japanese website that published the Dream Concert bill) has updated their notice.

Their new list has added an 18th artiste to perform: SUPER JUNIOR.

Still no word about BIG BANG, 2NE1, AFTER SCHOOL or CNBLUE, though.

2010 Dream Concert summary

Date: May 22, 2010 (Saturday) 19:00

Venue: Seoul Sangam World Cup Stadium (South Korea)

Organizer: Korea Association of Performing Arts

Main TV broadcaster: SBS (Seoul Broadcasting System)

Sponsors: Gmarket, ANNEX Telecom Co. Ltd, etc.

Performers: RAIN / SUPER JUNIOR / LEE HYORI / SS501 / KARA / SNSD / WONDER GIRLS / 2PM / RAINBOW / BEAST / T-ARA / DAVICHI / 4MINUTE / MBLAQ / ZE:A / F.CUZ / F(x) / SHINee

2010 Dream Concert performer list

This announced list comprises artistes who have presently committed to perform.

However, it is subject to change. Our website will report additional performers & modifications as may be.

(Updated April 15, 2010)

Source (in Japanese): http://www.hallyufancard.jp/html/concert_korea.html

Guest Shinzwo

i was wondering anyone out have a extra Ticket for Wonder Girls concert tour in Dallas, House of blue for sale? T_T

i was going to buy it on live nation, but it ran out and on e-bay the price is so high from 85$ to 100$ for a 35$ ticket >.>

if anyone have a extra Dallas ticket for sell around 35 to 50$ please pm me thank

sorry i dont know if i can post this here or not... i really want meet wonder girl T_T

Guest shinhdeplol

^awwwh :wub:

yay the girls mentioned my country...vietnam vietnam vietnam~ i hope they will come in the near future <3 i will definitely stalk them then

Lim impressed me during the live chat. lurve her <3

thanks so much for the gifs. Minbin LOL

Guest evilishus

Lim looked so pretty during the livechat!<3333 The more I see her with the girls,the more she looks like she belongs :)

I'm so glad they added more dates to the tour this way more of their fans will be able to see them.I wanted more info on the new single but it's "top,top,top secret" :D

Guest yooohoaaa

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but i noticed that wonder girls have announced that boston will be one of their stops and i just bought tickets to the NY concert. Is it possible to return or exchange the tickets for the boston stop o.0 causeeee i live in boston.

AH They are so cute! I can't wait for their comeback , I wonder who that special guest that going to be in their MV. I'm really

thinking someone from 2PM *(Khun Idk) Anyway Lim is really cute , I can really tell that she and Ye eun going to be close

(ahah since they both love to eat)

"Who the old one?" "I'm the old one"- Yoobin dorkyy & then Ye eun come in and say "you don't look old" awww yebin <3

Lim hair is nice here , & she talk more then I expected so I'm sure when she start getting use to all this we see her talk more. SOHEE WHY ARE YOU NOT TALKING!! Even though she didn't talk much but at least she smile & such :) Ye eun is

sick , seem like it.

Guest tnamphel

i was wondering anyone out have a extra Ticket for Wonder Girls concert tour in Dallas, House of blue for sale? T_T

i was going to buy it on live nation, but it ran out and on e-bay the price is so high from 85$ to 100$ for a 35$ ticket >.>

if anyone have a extra Dallas ticket for sell around 35 to 50$ please pm me thank

sorry i dont know if i can post this here or not... i really want meet wonder girl T_T

I just checked ticketmaster.com and they are still selling tickets for Dallas at $35

Guest eckeltricity

Sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but i noticed that wonder girls have announced that boston will be one of their stops and i just bought tickets to the NY concert. Is it possible to return or exchange the tickets for the boston stop o.0 causeeee i live in boston.

Ticketmaster doesn't return or exchange unless the artist cancels the show. You should try to sell your ticket, that's probably the only way.

Guest vietboi_tuan

The live chat was so adorable.

LeaderMin was so happy and hyper; singing, laughing, moving around.

Glad to see that. YooBin was so adorable and I love her new hair.

She manage to look cute and sexy at the same time.

YeEun never disappoint with these live chat thing.

Lim was surprising enduring when she talked.

SoHee didn't talk much, but she doesn't have to

because she radiate even just sitting there.

My only bad thing is that fans were typing so

fast the girls can't even read the questions.

And since they can only read a few they

keep answering the same question over

from the last two web chat.

What is your favorite color?

wha animals would you want to be?

Who is your favorite artist?

I want to hear different and interesting one.

SO next time can we make up a system?

Guest llborderline

my favorite moments during the live chat!

yebin love fight!

yeeun: how could you watch without me! *pushes yubin*

yubin: because you weren't there....

yeeun: you didnt call me! you didnt ask me!

yubin: you live far from our house!

yeeun: no!

yubin: yeah!

yeeun: i was here! when did u go to the movie theater?

yubin: 8 o'clock...

yeeun: i was here!

yubin: really? i didnt know that!

yeeun: i was here around the company 'till 10pm!

lim: ok stop fighting~

leader min's www.com ( this was really funny!)

"if you guys have any questions about our US tour or

everything you can go to our website www.com~ WHAT!?!"

yubin will take pics of yeeun in swimsuit and twitter it!

yeeun: im gonna bring my swimsuit~

yubin: i can picture you! i can take picture yenny and then twitter it!

Guest Mia_Mia

Fans spend $4,657,826 on Sunye

news article from etkorea site which calls itself korea's leading IT related site.. i've only translated the part relevant to Sunye and Wonder Girls...the article is talking about how idols promoting online games has lead to a surge in the sales...it was mainly about big bang since their game earned the maximum revenue for their company.

http://www.etnews.co.kr/news/detail.html?id=201004180059

JCE의 ‘프리스타일’ 역시 지난해 11월 선보인 ‘카라’와 2008년 12월에 나온 ‘원더걸스’ 등 인기 걸그룹 캐릭터를 판매하고 있다. 누적 매출 기준으로 원더걸스가 약 15억원, 카라가 5억원 정도를 벌었다. 원더걸스 멤버 중에는 ‘선예’가 판매량의 26%를 차지해 가장 인기가 높았다.

Translation:

JCE which released the freestyle game - Kara version last November and Wonder Girls in December 2008 has reported sales of 15 billion won for Wonder Girls and 5 billion Won for Kara. Hence a total earnings of 20 billion won for the freestyle game. Wonder Girls member Sunye's gaming character which was the most popular character amongst users , also accounted for 26% of the total earnings of the game.

Wonder Girls earnings = 15 billion won = $13,436,332.681(approx 13.4 million us dollars)

Sunye's contribution is 26% of the total sales of Wonder Girls+Kara earnings = 26% of 20 billion won = $4,657,826 (approx 4.6 million us dollars)

Its pretty shocking that Sunye's contribution to the total sales is more than 1/4th of the total sales...also more shocking because her character was the last to be released..About 4 months after Yeeun,Sohee and Sunmi's character and about 2.5 months after Yubin's character....

used this site for the currency rates : http://www.xe.com/ucc/ (figures might change with fluctuating exchange rates in a day)

Guest vietboi_tuan

^^^

Wonder Girls effect and LeaderMin effect! YAY!

During the live chat I heard the girls saying their album

is more like a mini album with 8 songs.

Does that mean 8 new songs + 6 english of their Korean songs = 14 songs

Or just 8 songs total meaning 2 new songs + 6 remade.

If it's the first one then YES!

But if it's the second one then WHAT?!?!

20$ for remade songs? I'm all about supporting the

girls but that is just not fair for Wonderfuls.

Guest qoxie

news article from etkorea site which calls itself korea's leading IT related site.. i've only translated the part relevant to Sunye and Wonder Girls...the article is talking about how idols promoting online games has lead to a surge in the sales...it was mainly about big bang since their game earned the maximum revenue for their company.

Thanks for sharing this.

Saw a translated piece earlier but couldn't make sense of it enough to redo into English (the reference was to KARA's FPS game.)

Neither was a direct link provided, leading to a fruitless search at the Korean website.

Sunye can such a celebrity magnet. I was reading how that recent fanpic of her, her car & "Yoobin" drew 300,000+ native eyeballs (in 10 days) as well.

- - - - - - -

During the live chat I heard the girls saying their album is more like a mini album with 8 songs.

Does that mean 8 new songs + 6 english of their Korean songs = 14 songs

Or just 8 songs total meaning 2 new songs + 6 remade.

8 tracks, including (my guess) 3-4 remakes & maybe some remixes.

A EP album can store only about half (30-35 minutes) what a full-length LP album can.

The Wonder Girls Trilogy EP (9 tracks) being such an example.

Neither am I expecting many new material anymore, even with the lead single presumably packaged in different-language EP editions.

2 of WG's past mini-albums contained 3 new songs maximum (although The Wonder Begins EP had 4).

No word that their new lead single is getting a separate CD-single release, so JYPE may tack its remixes into the EP instead.

The Wonder Girls Trilogy EP contained 6 of them, including 4 for 'Nobody'.

There is also some fan gossip that the Nobody Rainstone Remix (English) might be an extra (4th) remake included.

As I posited, the full LP (eg. 6 English songs + 6 remakes) may be released further down the line, depending on upcoming sales results & also WG's American plans later in summer.

Perhaps as a future repackaging of the EP album. The marketing tactic is not new in K-pop.

SunYe contribution to Freestyle is huge. Those figures are amazing. Wonder effect indeed. B)

---

If the album will be an old songs compilation (which seems very probable) I just hope that there's some bonus for the people that preoredered. I am happy to support no matter what, but it is turning to be different from what I was expecting.

Archived