Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

now that I think about it, I think mubank and inki didn't give the girls the award because they're afraid the girls will break the trophies. XD lol. jk.

I was expecting me in too, but I guess we'll have to wait for an announcement but I do hope they start singing other tracks from the album to attract sales. I mean all the songs in the album are promotable. :)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is it really necessary to stream the album? If preview counts, wouldn't it be more practical to stream just Be My Baby?

Actually I just stream Be My Baby only :P

Guest loveeeWG

I was listening to 2YE's When you believe.

Not a bit of disappointment.

I listened to it 10 times, and cried for ten times.

Its so full with emotions...

Sunye's voice smooth, and full with emotion.

Yeun's voice is powerful and strong.

Whitney Houston and Mariah Carey indeed...

I finally know why i love WG so much....

And i still hope they win at music bank.. even though sones at SNSD thread calculated the scores and WG still wont win against them.. its so to see korea so corrupted. Music is not about quality anymore. Its more about popularity. As long as you are popular, prepare a cabinet to hold the trophies. Which i think is really sad for WG.. they worked so hard for this awesome album..

Guest Celangel

And i still hope they win at music bank.. even though sones at SNSD thread calculated the scores and WG still wont win against them.. its so to see korea so corrupted. Music is not about quality anymore. Its more about popularity. As long as you are popular, prepare a cabinet to hold the trophies. Which i think is really sad for WG.. they worked so hard for this awesome album..

Sadly true and the very same reason why Tiffany's butt is the hot topic now on allkpop than 2Ye's powerhouse performance...Popularity beats quality. Well, watch this video to comfort ourselves, wonderfuls... at least our leader doesn't miss popularity :)

Yes, I have seen the calculation from Sones but I can't understand why SNSD's digital sale is not much lower than WG's. I though our digital sale last week was very good compared to theirs :-s

Wonder Girls 2YE's performance really touched my heart.The first time i watched it/listened to it,i cried,especially when the girls sang together and hit these high notes!!  It gave me chills everytime! That's what conveying emotions through a song is all about,we only need that.Wonder Girls aren't about glittery stage outfits and pretty clothes,they are about emotions! And when they sing,no matter if they won or not,people know that.They know that what WGs feel when they sing is true,and i guess WFs can be satisfied with that!

Okay,here are some icons (very large icons i'd say) i made of 2YE's performance,hope you like it ^__^.Feel free to use them.

Click on one batch to get to that post.

ps1.png

ps2.png

ps3.png

ps4.png

ps5.png

ps6.png

ps7.png

ps8.png

ps9.png

To be honest, I am not that concerned about awards. The fact that Be My Baby and Wonder World is #1 on just about every chart says it all, IMO. It shows that their popularity itself is still intact. The rest is just a fight between fanbases. The weekly awards are nice to receive, but for me it's like a "been there, done that" thing. Not many people in Korea watch those shows anyway, the ratings are very low and they are in odd time slots (Friday afternoons and weekend afternoons) and many fandoms don't take the weekly awards seriously, it's more a fight between fandoms or something fun to do. A lot of groups and artists win awards even when their song never really hit #1 on the charts, so that should tell you something about how much "weight" the awards carry. There's 3 a week, multiply that by the 52 weeks of the year and there's about 156 of them given out every year lol. Of course I'll still vote and such to help WG every week, but for me WG has moved on to a bigger arena and things like the weekly awards like that become trivial when you think about what will be coming for us in the next few months. 

Well for real we shouldn't even bother with sone or snsd cause honestly they got nothing to do with our girls. Our girls work hard to where they are now by themselves, and they will forever continue to work just as hard, if not even harder. They have always have a rookie mind set even when they hit it big. We as fans should just forget about who or why they beat the girls. They been away from k-pop for a long time now, we should know that this will happen. We should all support them in anyway we can. It the best we can do;

now to more important matter. NO ME, IN PERFORMANCE. I'm still sad over that =/

@loveeeWG

actually I disagree with u I dont think the problem is from the public and wondergirls are no longer as popular as before and etc b/c the BMB is still doing amazing job in the online charts in fact BMB is doing much better than when snsd title track the boys came out , which means the public still care and like wondergirls ....

the main reason why wondergirls are not winning is because of their album sales thats it, if wondergirls album sales were higher they would have won in last week music bank and sbs ink ... I dont wanna blame k wonderfuls and I do want to be misunderstood but I think they are not that supportive interms of buying the album I thought they were doing bullk order for WW album, does anyone knows what happened regarding that ?

so what Im trying to say is wondergirls are still very popular and supported by korean public and that is shown through their digital sales and the fact that

be my baby is still #1 for second week of it release it shows how much the public still like wondergirls and their music

but the main problem here is their album sales and k wonderfuls are not buying the album as much as they should, in order for the girls to win at music shows we must do whatever we can to increase their album sales

I think we should just keep on streaming the songs,voting online on Inkigayo,Mucore and Mubank's website and about the bulk order,from what i saw on the fancafe,they had opened one on November 16,which i think wouldn't have allowed KWFs and international WFs to purchase before this week's music shows.I think we might get the expected result next week,hopefully!

IMAGE HEAVY (Click to enlarge)

th_DSC02357.jpg

th_DSC02399.jpg

th_DSC02403.jpg

th_DSC02425.jpg

th_DSC02428.jpg

th_DSC02442.jpg

th_DSC02455.jpg

th_DSC02493.jpg

th_DSC02500.jpg

th_DSC02510.jpg

th_DSC07205.jpg

th_DSC07207.jpg

th_DSC07225.jpg

th_DSC07234.jpg

th_DSC07239.jpg

th_DSC07244.jpg

th_DSC07267.jpg

th_DSC07271.jpg

th_DSC07279.jpg

th_DSC07305.jpg

th_DSC07312.jpg

th_DSC07316.jpg

th_DSC07325.jpg

th_DSC07335.jpg

th_DSC07346.jpg

th_DSC07354.jpg

th_DSC07361.jpg

th_DSC07385.jpg

th_DSC07399.jpg

th_DSC07404.jpg

th_DSC07419.jpg

th_DSC07438.jpg

th_DSC07449.jpg

th_DSC07459.jpg

th_DSC07467.jpg

th_DSC07521.jpg

th_DSC07563.jpg

th_DSC07640.jpg

th_DSC02272.jpg

th_DSC02285.jpg

th_DSC02287.jpg

th_DSC02303.jpg

th_DSC02313.jpg

th_DSC02327.jpg

th_DSC02335.jpg

th_DSC02343.jpg

All idol + wondergirlsoul @ tumblr

Guest TheArchangel

How can I join the bulk order for Wonder Girls' album??

Is it more beneficial to them if I buy their album through bulk order?

Actually, not really an advantage for WG if you buy in the bulk. It will still be the same result if you buy it in dvdheaven, kpoptown, etc. The only difference is from what I've read is that the bulk order is cheaper. But if you want to have the album immediately, I guess buying in dvdheaven, kpoptown, etc. would be okay.

I'm not concerned about the #1 awards anymore too. If you actually think about it, there are lots of popular and well known songs that haven't actually won #1 but their song is still well known and loved. For example, Nobody didn't win many #1s on music shows but we all know how well the song did.  And as mentioned, Kpop is about popularity these days. The larger your fanbase, the greater chance you'll win. 

BMBB are still topping charts, which definitely tells you something - they're still popular and  are still loved. 

Yes, bulk order is cheaper, but the problem is that the store has not emailed anyone back about their orders, well I have received nothing it's nearly been a week. =/ email was sent today. Also, if you're buying from kpoptown/dvdheaven, your order is likely to be more expensive, and the point is that if you're buying buying from the bulk order and not sites like kpopheaven, yesasia etc., it'll mean you can afford to buy another copy. :P

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ No many ppl say that buy from K-WFs will be count to Hanteo and since a lot of CD together, it will boost more point. Im not sure much about that but i will buy from K-WFs

Contact them through twitter @WonderFulStaff

I think K-WFs do the bulk so late, they should be more well prepared><, so little info and so late. Even Thai-WFs can make 2 CD store sold out Wonder World today ( Some Thai WFs went to Korea to travel together and visit WGs)

Guest TheArchangel

I'm not concerned about the #1 awards anymore too. If you actually think about it, there are lots of popular and well known songs that haven't actually won #1. And as mentioned, Kpop is about popularity these days. The larger your fanbase, the greater chance you'll win. 

BMBB are still topping charts, which definitely tells you something - they're still popular and  are still loved. 

Yes, bulk order is cheaper, but the problem is that the store has not emailed anyone back about their orders, well I have received nothing it's nearly been a week. =/ Also, if you're buying from kpoptown/dvdheaven, your order is likely to be more expensive, and the point is that if you're buying buying from the bulk order and not sites like kpopheaven, yesasia etc., it'll mean you can afford to buy another copy. :P

So no one has been informed about the bulk order? I actually gave up on the bulk order and already purchase my copy in yesasia yesterday. Kinda got tired of waiting. I wouldn't have gotten frustrated if they at least posted an announcement.

I think purchasing via the bulk order depends on whether you're willing to wait,it's cheaper and people buying at the same time may bring more in terms of sells/effect.

Now,purchasing from Kpoptown/Dvdheaven is also good,because they support Hanteo charts which count in music shows for them to win awards..etc

KWFs have been having trouble contacting the company from which they ordered the bulk orders.That's why it's been taking some more time than expected.

I did try purchasing from both the bulk order and dvdheaven.No answer from the bulk order,but I should get my WW from dvdheaven this week!

I'm not concerned about the #1 awards anymore too. If you actually think about it, there are lots of popular and well known songs that haven't actually won #1. And as mentioned, Kpop is about popularity these days. The larger your fanbase, the greater chance you'll win. 

wondergirls fanbsase for female group is the highest after snsd and their are groups with smaller fanbase but they are still welling to show their support in terms of buying the album for example f(x) they debuted back in 2009 and they have around around 60,000 members in their fancafe but they sold more than 15,000 copies in the first week of their album release they now by far sold around 60,000 to 70,000 copies which means all most every member in their fancafe bought the album ,so its not about how big your fanbase is but its about how much support your fanbase is weling to show in terms of buying the album.

^

^ No many ppl say that buy from K-WFs will be count to Hanteo and since a lot of CD together, it will boost more point. Im not sure much about that but i will buy from K-WFs

Contact them through twitter @WonderFulStaff

I think K-WFs do the bulk so late, they should be more well prepared><, so little info and so late. Even Thai-WFs can make 2 CD store sold out Wonder World today ( Some Thai WFs went to Korea to travel together and visit WGs)

but what the use of the bullk order if it will not be counted toward Hanteo ?!!

Archived