Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest QUEENka9

Just mt thought, could the song in this teaser is just an intro? JYP's MV teasers were often different from the real MV. Remember Miss A's 'Goodbye Baby' and 'Nobody's teasers? totally different from their real MV.

TOTALLY AGREE WITH U.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Mia_Mia

FINALLY JYPE!... THE GIRLS GETTING THE QUALITY THEY DESERVE!

Yenny you gorgeous crooner!.. Yubin you're sexy as hell (like always!) ! Sohee your charisma sucks me in!. Lim you've improved so much...beautiful maknae! and Leader Min - gahhh..... PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I died at this!.... does anyone else think "right now" might be Sunye?. Because why would they focus on her at that moment if it wasn't her...she even mouths it!

credit mindot

Guest savoir vivre

WONDER GIRLS FIGHTING!!

tumblr_lmu7naVkjw1qeuebro1_500.gif

cr: stalkapple@tumblr...

And about the teaser having 300 views;

It's YouTube's viewcount policy that every video uploaded is subject to. The counter pauses at around the 300 view mark for view verification.

Basically, YouTube counts everything up to 300 views, your own views, page refreshed views, replays, anything. When you pass 300 views YouTube analyzes your views and determines how many are "real" views. From this point on views go through a more stringent criteria and YouTube only counts what they consider real views and adds them to the previous real views. Your counter will not move until the "real views" catch up and exceed the number the counter stopped at. 

Hi Wonderfuls!!

Silent stalker here, this is my first time posting here. I just joined the fan club and thought I'd add a post (and more in future) so hopefully we can get a sub forum for the girls. It seems silly that they don't already have one when they definitely deserve one!

I'm a big Sunye fan but that doesn't stop me from adoring the other members too :)

I'm really excited for the comeback and so happy that I now have a place to spazz about the girls! :D

The girls look incredible in their teaser photos and what can I say about the teaser clip? AMAZING! They all look insanely hot!! I AM SO EXCITED!!!!!!!!!!!!

Don't want to ruin the mood but I can't help but feel annoyed at negative comments about the girls, them damn trolls! Anyways that aside I'm off to re watch the teaser clip hehe

Guest Mia_Mia

I read some comments that said that the more likes the teaser gets the more chances it has of appearing on the main page of youtube which will automatically mean more views. So please select the like option on youtube for the video RIGHT NOW. The green bar should be so overpowering that the red looks negligible!

Guest savoir vivre

video teaser 

#2 most dicussed - GLOBALLY

Im such a proud Wonderful -

Wonder Girls - WORLD SINGERS <3

WOW!!! WAY TO GO WONDER GIRLS AND WONDERFULS!!!

Not rock 'n' roll. I don't hear guitars, for one.More like electro music, to my mind.Could be electrorock (think The Prodigy, Fatboy Slim, Chemical Brothers, etc. from the 1990s) or electrofunk (eg. Prince, Cameo, etc. from the 1980s), depending on how the rest of the song sounds. wonderstruck -- do you agree?Sorry about referencing old artistes to pinpoint the genre. I know we don't wanna talk retro again.Hyuna's solo material is mainly electropop, a more poppish sound whereas WG seems to be aiming for a harder edge.I also suspect SME hitmaker Yoo Young-jin might be very interested to hear more. He comes to mind as a songwriter who writes such songs, but who usually gives them to boybands (Suju with 'Sorry Sorry', TVXQ with 'Keep Your Head Down', etc.) presumably cuz it's too 'masculine'.I'm busy for the rest of the week, so apologies for not translating articles.

I hear an electric guitar riff right at the end, which feels genuine, not synthesized -- it sounds hard rock/pop rock.

It starts at the end of the drums part.

JYP gave as another puzzle :)

Yeeun intro is pure blues/soul.

Her voice is natural, versus Lim's filtered voice (I think Lim is the only one doing the "Right now" part).

The soundscape after the intro is intriguing: Lim's filtered voice, synthesizer playing a sort of electricity sound, plain bass drum, and a violin-like synthesizer short part. I would go straight to compare with Cameo's Word Up, but it's just because you hinted Cameo - I find a strong similarity in the way Lim's voice sounds.

In the final I get a hint that the real song is still hidden in this teaser. There's a sort of second intro, made with a full drum kit and electric guitars, contrasting the electronics we heard until then. It might be the real beginning of the song? B)

---

Beware, ahjussi spazz-box :sweatingbullets:

So, this morning I wake and went straight to wondergirls.jype.com (today was my second and last day of vacation from work, as in Italy today is All Saints holiday), turned on the stereo and... my jaw dropped! :w00t:

I was like "What? Who? How?", this is intro was totally unexpected.

It took me like forever to reassemble my thoughts.

I am not kidding you, I felt like a kid getting a totally unexpected gift at Christmas. Confused & happy.

Today I have a grin on my face, and it's not going away ^_^

Man, JY is playing this comeback really good so far! The first pic set was "femme fatale", the second was hotness overload, and now this dark electro-rock video teaser -- I wonder what is coming next? The more I think about it, each teaser was different. Next time it could be anything... maybe Wondertubbies? :lol: (joking)

Ok. So far, besides the electro-rock vibe, and Yeeun's cool soulful voice i guess I can't take nothing for granted. I have to wait for the next teaser and the release, but I like the progression.

At least I can judge the video part, and I'm glad that there's 30 full seconds of video, without blanks, logos, CG or other fillers. And wow, all the girls look so strong!!! I thought strong charisma was Yubin's turf, but now they are all projecting it :wub:

Thanks JYPE for making me am happy wonderful, keep it coming :wub:

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

I'M SOOOOO EXITED

w00t.gifw00t.gif

i want to see them in strong heart , come to play , kiss the radio , RUNNING MAN . please jyp :tears:

and this thread movin' soooo fast great job wonderful's B)

i'll share some pictures later :D

About the vid views, here's how youtube work:

YouTube's systems halts the view counting at around 300 to check for people spamming videos and otherwise trying to artificially inflate their views (and also throw your own visits as the video owner out while they're at it). If you're getting enough unique views, the counter will unstick in a few hours. If not, your video needs to pick up enough valid views (by YouTube's definition) to make up for the ones tossed out before the counter will move again.

i dunno if refreshing or creating playlist will work, but I'm doing it anyways!

GO WG!!

I hear an electric guitar riff right at the end, which feels genuine, not synthesized -- it sounds hard rock/pop rock.

Her voice is natural, versus Lim's filtered voice (I think Lim is the only one doing the "Right now" part).

The soundscape after the intro is intriguing: Lim's filtered voice, synthesizer playing a sort of electricity sound, plain bass drum, and a violin-like synthesizer short part. I would go straight to compare with Cameo's Word Up, but it's just because you hinted Cameo - I find a strong similarity in the way Lim's voice sounds.

In the final I get a hint that the real song is still hidden in this teaser. There's a sort of second intro, made with a full drum kit and electric guitars, contrasting the electronics we heard until then. It might be the real beginning of the song?  B)  

---

Still in writing

You are getting me all excited by your analysis.   My heart is weak  and can't take more attacks.  However, for the QUEENS, i am determined to take it one way or another.  The QUEENS are comin' back with no mercy.  Finally order is waiting to be... you all know the word.

Guest KimYongAh

Hmm why does the teaser only have 3,734 views? :o

Anyways, I'm totally loving the new concept!!! I dare to say that WONDER GIRLS IS ABLE TO PULL OFF ALL TYPE OF CONCEPTS

In the final I get a hint that the real song is still hidden in this teaser. There's a sort of second intro, made with a full drum kit and electric guitars, contrasting the electronics we heard until then. It might be the real beginning of the song?  B)  

You could be right. The whole backing track was synthesized -- thus definitely electro in genre -- & I was half-thinking they maybe used a guitar sample at the end.

Then again, JYPE USA's Ho Yoon Moon (Moonworker) also plays guitar, & as such could have easily slung on an ax & riffed away.

Hmm, wonder if this track or snippet is what Rhee PD (Rainstone) played for Einstein Galang (the Monster Cable engineer) when he visited the studio last year.

Yeeun is becoming what you call a blues shouter

Wasn't there a BTS clip showing 2Ye taking singing lessons in America? 

Their tutor was a black MAW (middle aged woman) teaching them to 'shout' (sing) over live music. 

I remember Yeeun overcoming her inhibitions & she never looked back during the US tour.

You could be right. The whole backing track was synthesized -- thus definitely electro in genre -- & I was half-thinking they used a guitar sample at the end.

Then again, JYPE USA's Ho Yoon Moon (Moonworker) also plays guitar, & as such could have easily slung on an ax & riffed away.

Hmm, wonder if this track or snippet is what Rhee PD (Rainstone) played for Einstein Galang (the Monster Cable engineer) when he visited the studio last year.

Yeeun is becoming what you call a blues shouter

Wasn't there a BTS clip showing 2Ye taking singing lessons in America? 

Their tutor was a black MAW (middle aged woman) teaching them to 'shout' (sing) over live music. 

I remember Yeeun overcoming her inhibitions & she never looked back during the US tour.

Hey! Do you know where I can watch this BTS clip? Would love to see it!

^

Found it on Youtube. It's a cut from MTV World Girls 4.

Boy, both 2YE girls can really belt away indoors. They learned how to sing louder without losing the melodious factor.

I'm sure Sohee improved too. Wished the cameras were around to record that. She was singing her heart out when I saw her in Singapore.

America has been good for their music growth.

my heart is swelling with all the feedback the teaser is getting.

our girls' definitely showed GROWTH. **sobs** Youtube is being such a troll with the view counts, but I think we can assume that the video's been watched for maybe about 200k by now (a modest estimate on my end)

LET'S GO WONDERFULS

btw, if anybody here is from the philippines and are planning to order the album please do tell me.. me and my friend wants to buy too.. Thanks! :)

Guest msDreamDaisy

wonder girls are back!! seriously the most amazing teaser of 2011.

anyways, anyone knows when the next teaser gonna be?

Archived