Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest chami1430286566

I need someone to clarify something for me...

Are we getting new teaser pics on Monday or are these it??????

*quoted image*

*quoted image*

Next teaser will be on Monday. :D

Anyway, Sunye tweeted again and another tweet that I don't understand. sweatingbullets.gif

Here's her tweet:

How many of you know that where I'm standing right now is my mission field for now? then, you will get to really understand my heart.

Guest hrmmmhum

Well, at first, I thought of the teasers, that she will be coming back to and offering herself to the fans...

But since she mentioned her mission field, I felt like she's indicating that although people question WG's future, this is her mission, her focus, and what she really wants to do.

But THEN, since she said that her mission field is where she is currently standing, I kind of think she's trying to say that she really wants to reach out to loyal K-WFs -- that's their main goal right now and nothing else. They are focused on doing this for the fans.

Once you understand that, you'll realize that WG isn't trying to neglect any fans. They really care.

378714_10150355857893773_92847673772_8218712_830504232_n.jpg

Credit as tagged.

386217_240959312628350_148381535219462_713528_1136901887_n.jpg

[FANART]: Sun teaser photo cr: | Wasinee Sawattimakul & SUNlights Worldwide

This is reversed chronological order (because of Twitter):

@2AMONG: @JANEyjK 합리화가 좋은거지요..크크

@JANEyjK: @2AMONG 잘 결정 한거같다고 스스로 나한테 계속 강요하는건 잘못됀건가? 난 좀 그러는 거같음

@2AMONG: @JANEyjK 내가 한선택을 자기자신이 믿고존중해주면 그걸로 된거죠. 저도 누나글같은 말 많이함

@JANEyjK: 지금 다시 생각해보면 별로였어. 참 잘 결정한거같아! I really made the right choice...

I'm not sure what they really translate to but it was something about making decisions and equality? I don't know if it's WG-related

@2AMONG: @JANEyjK The rationalization was good [?? artist was reasonably good?]

@JANEyjK: @2AMONG something about persevering maybe and forced to make decisions, making the wrong decisions, someone threw themselves -- or were blamed/took the blame?

@2AMONG: @JANEyjK Working hard will earn respect[?]

@JANEyjK: If I didn 'think again. He must have made pretty good decisions! I really made the right choice ... [from Google Translate]

Guest Scarletsecrets

Here is the other half of the article I posted earlier. I mentioned that it's old news, but it seems that the Malaysian media only caught wind of it a week ago, judging from the time stamp.

\(^o^)/

Gee lagu paling lama di Music Bank

WONDER Girls mencipta sejarah sebagai kumpulan Korea pertama menembusi pasaran AS pada 2009 menerusi single, Nobody versi Inggeris yang memasuki carta Billboard Hot 100 pada tangga ke-76. Populariti luar biasa diterima Wonder Girls membawa kumpulan itu memperluaskan empayar di AS. Sejak satu setengah tahun lalu, aktiviti seni mereka lebih tertumpu di bumi Uncle Sam itu.

Kali terakhir Wonder Girls mengeluarkan single adalah pada Mei tahun lalu dengan Two Different Tears. Justeru, kepulangan mereka begitu dinanti selepas lama tidak beraksi di negara sendiri. Wonder Girls kembali ke Korea pada 9 Oktober lalu untuk memulakan proses rakaman album terbaru. Terdahulu, mereka menyempurnakan penggambaran filem, Wonder Girls At The Apollo sebagai bintang utama.

Kekosongan yang lama ditinggalkan Wonder Girls itu diisi SNSD yang dibarisi Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona dan Seohyun untuk membina pengaruh mereka di negara sendiri. SNSD mula diperkenalkan pada 2007 namun mendaki puncak populariti pada 2009 selepas single, Gee mencipta sejarah tersendiri.

Gee memegang rekod lagu paling lama diputarkan di Music Bank, saluran KBS selain menduduki tangga pertama selama sembilan bulan berurut-turut. Populariti luar biasa lagu itu mendorong laman muzik popular Korea, Melon menamakan Gee sebagai lagu terbaik alaf ini.

Biarpun siri promosi hanya akan bermula pada November ini, SNSD berupaya menarik sedikit nafas lega kerana trailer album, The Boys yang dipromosikan menerusi laman You Tube rasmi SM Entertainment ditonton jutaan peminat dalam masa beberapa hari. Petanda awal itu membuktikan kekuatan pengaruh kumpulan sembilan gadis itu, apatah lagi SNSD menawarkan konsep segar dalam album terbaru mereka.

Ia memberi cabaran kepada Wonder Girls kerana populariti kumpulan itu sedikit merosot apabila terlalu menumpukan aktiviti di luar negara.

Selain album, The Boys yang diedarkan serentak di Korea dan seluruh dunia secara talian pada 19 Oktober lalu, muzik video lagu itu turut dilancarkan menerusi saluran YouTube dan Facebook pada hari yang sama. Album itu akan dilancarkan di AS pada November ini menerusi Interscope Records yang menaungi nama popular seperti The Black Eyed Peas, Eminem, Far East Movement, Lady Gaga dan Gwen Stefani.

"Gee" has the most number one wins in a row on Music Bank

Wonder Girls created history as the first Korean girl group to penetrate the US market in 2009 with the English version of "Nobody. The aforementioned single charted at No.76 on the Billboard Hot 100 chart. The unusual popularity that the Wonder Girls enjoyed subsequently brought about an expansion of their empire in the US. Ever since a year and a half ago, their activities were more focused on Uncle Sam's territory. The last time the Wonder Girls had released a single was during the month of May last year with "Two Different Tears". Hence, their return to the Korean music scene is highly anticipated since they have been absent from it for quite a while. The girls returned to their homeland on the ninth of October to begin the recording process for their newest album. Before that, however, they completed the shooting for their US film debut, "Wonder Girls At The Apollo" as the main stars.

The void in the Korean music market that had been left by the Wonder Girls was promptly filled by SNSD, that is comprised of Taeyeon, Jessica, Sunny, Tiffany, Hyoyeon, Yuri, Sooyoung, Yoona and Seohyun. "Gee" holds the record for the most number one wins in a row, totalling nine subsequent wins and was even named as the "Best Song of The New Era" by Melon. Furthermore, their newest single, "The Boys", has been doing very well.

This poses as a challenge for the Wonder Girls, because the popularity of the group has decreased slightly since they have been overly-focused on activities outside of Korea.

(Non-WG related facts have either been omitted or summarized.)

Credit: Berita Harian Malaysia

Malay-English translator: scarletsecrets

\(^o^)/

There seem to be some misleading facts in the article though. However, the facts are not WG-related, so I'm not very bothered. :phew:

I'm hoping that the girls will make a few rounds on variety shows. Albeit I do doubt that they'll stop by KBS since that's more SME-biased. MBC seems to like JYPE artists a lot more. M.net is quite neutral, I think, since they offered both WG and 2NE1 their own shows. I'm not sure about SBS and the rest. The lack of the girls' presence on variety shows is bad promotion, though, since the programs really help to make idols household names. Lots of fans can be recruited through it, too. K-pop fans like to see dorky personalities and such; it makes idols seem very approachable and relatable. (Not that WG aren't.) Part of the reason why I want them on the shows is also because people on 6theory forums are calling WG boring. I'm a WF, so I suppose that it might make me seem biased, but I truly do enjoy watching them on TV. They always make me laugh, in any case. :D 

Guest WonderfulSohee

Wonder Girls' Nobody will be feature on Kitchen Musical TV show (Singapore TV Drama) which airs on AXN and Metro TV

@Harieesss: REM's "Losing My Religion" + Wonder Girls' "Nobody" + Kesha's "Tik Tok" = Episode 5 of Kitchen Musical = Perfection

cr: wonderindo@twitter

BTW official trending is now : #ReadyForWONDERGIRLS - @WonderFacts

Guest Mexicooh

I love the teaser pictures. The all look amazing! I can't choose which one is the best which is a good thing. I don't mind Sun's hairstyle lot's of American artists have had that style.

I wonder if Sun's cryptic messages on Twitter are lyrics to the song like when they had the 2Tears clue for the pre-order last year.

Guest savoir vivre

Well, i just had to drop by to share my sentiments too....even though i'm sure majority of the posters here will disagree..

i don't like sunye's hair. 

it may have defined her jawline and bone structure, but it doesn't hide the fact that it would be difficult to attract new fans.

it needs artistic eyes to be appreciated, & not all people are blessed with that..

it really looks ugly...but she's still pretty though TT___TT..

another period of endurance :(

Guest loveeeWG

^ Aww man! -5 thumb downs. I will up you. haha. Sunye's hair is not artistically beautiful nor pretty, i know. But hmm, why are we so fast to judge Sunye's hair when we dont even have the whole thing? A lot of LIGHTS in twitter (and may i mention, they are lights only, they dont like the other girls, which imo is a total waste of my time defending my other girls.) are saying that sunye always gets the 'ugly' hairstyle. "she is like a guinea pig for jype stylists" But the problem is... we dont even have the MV yet. Its just a teaser pict. The hairstyle actually accentuates my sunye's jawline and show her beautiful and defined cheekbone. Yes, its not really good on the eye AT FIRST. But you know... beauty is in the eye of the beholder. I've came across a lot of tweets and on tumblr too, saying how fierce and hot sunye is in the teaser. And they are not even a Wonderful. We should support sunye! Lets all trust Sunye.

Hey Guys! Another longtime lurker coming out of the woodwork! ^,^

I'm SO excited for their comeback, i can't even put it into words, lol

Didn't expect them to release the teaser pics of all the girls at once - they look gorgeous! :D

Regarding Sunye's hair: I actually like it! I know that many people want her with long flowing

hair and i can definitely understand where they're coming from, but...I don't know, I guess I

like it because it's something different. She looks fierce and HOT! Not at all a bad hair style, IMHO.

Anyways, we don't know how her hair will look when they perform on stage or in the MV, so I think we just should wait and see.

^_^

Guest Shjsgnd

I think everyone has an opinion on Sunye's hair, so let's all respect. No need to thumbs up or thumbs down, here is free for all to talk.

I sure things will be better when they release more teaser next week. Let us all look forward.

Sunye's hair comments are starting to get a bit annoying, to be honest. I'm in the minority that loves it, she works it. If this is how comments are going to be like for their Korean comeback I fear what everyone will think once they debut in America. You know they're all going to have weird crazy hairstyles to appeal to people here, right? (If that's the way they go) And I am side-eyeing comments that are suggesting newer fans won't open up to Sunye just because of her hair, cause yeah, I guess talent and personality has nothing to do with how much you like a person lol

As it has been said before, this is just one teaser pic, I have no doubt the girls will have other hairstyles. They could all have weird/crappy hairstyles and I wouldn't care, we've been waiting for this comeback for too long to stay focus on just one thing. Don't get me wrong, everyone is entitled to their own opinion but I'm just surprised at how many comments there are about this.

Sunye's hair seems to be the talk of the town among wonderfuls and fans in regards to their latest photo teasers.  When I first saw it, I wasn't too pleased with her haristyle (not Sunye) and wondered their hair stylist had messed up her hair again.  However this is only one photo and we don't know the whole picture yet until MVs and more photos are revealed. In fact I am not too worried about the whole comeback image because of 1 photo (some actual like it, so it is more a mixed review and not a total dislike).  Sunye actually has a very beautiful face profile and proper hair styles set for her will display it even more.  Let's wait and see before jump the gun.

Guest Shjsgnd

It is understandable that Sunye hair is the talk of the town because it is so different n not normal. So definitely people will be talking about it here there and everywhere.

Of cos Wonderfuls or Sunye fans will still love her no matter what. Still, there is room for constructive criticism and not just blind praises.

Don't get me wrong, I like her hair, just I think we should not be condemning others who thinks her hair is really bad. Let's just all respect each other comments as long as they do not harm the girls, and there will be room for healthy discussion here!

Hey guys, I honestly don't think it's mature to degrade a WonderFuls' comment when they mention they like Sunye's hair or are siding with the minority that's okay with the hairstyle. To be honest, I think doing that scares WonderFuls' away. We should all respect everyone's opinion on viewing her hairstyle. I've grown to love it, and please please please keep an open mind. It's only one picture, and the music video, and the second teaser pictures are yet to come. Please, please, please, be a bit more positive and stop degrading comments that are positive/supportive.

Go ahead and degrade mine too, this is just way too much, I feel so bad towards the newer post-ers towards the thread. They're getting their comments degraded for being brave and stating their opinion.

Guest wendysmark

Hey guys, I honestly don't think it's mature to degrade a WonderFuls' comment when they mention they like Sunye's hair or are siding with the minority that's okay with the hairstyle. To be honest, I think doing that scares WonderFuls' away. We should all respect everyone's opinion on viewing her hairstyle. I've grown to love it, and please please please keep an open mind. It's only one picture, and the music video, and the second teaser pictures are yet to come. Please, please, please, be a bit more positive and stop degrading comments that are positive/supportive.

Go ahead and degrade mine too, this is just way too much, I feel so bad towards the newer post-ers towards the thread. They're getting their comments degraded for being brave and stating their opinion.

The point you are trying to get across is good, but then everything is two-sided. You can see loveeeWG did state that myNameis-rain post had -5 votes earlier. Likewise I don't think it is mature and sensible for a Wonderful to downgrade someone who is complaining about Sunye's hair. There are people who dislike the hair, so be it and let them do their rants. Degrading those comments will only stop Wonderfuls from coming to this thread and giving their opinions. Every opinion counts and it is no use to pretend it is nice if majority think otherwise!

I enjoy reading others' perspective on Sunye's hair even though me for one find that it is not too bad.

Everyone has a say in this forum, just like what someone mention in one of the post above.

Guest jo_lene

900 USERS? WOW. If only everyone who reads, posts something as well, we'd get to 2000 pages in no time.

Just wondering, why is the hairstyle such a big issue? Our Min leader's working it like a boss. But even if some still think its that ugly, there's really nobody to be angry at cos she must have chosen the hairstyle herself. And even if she didn't, I doubt she was forced to it. You're not scolding SunYe for wanting to be daring once in a while are you?

Buuut, if it makes it any better, this is just a teaser photo so that means, she'd most probably sport better hairstyles in the MV (i hope) and on stage (for sure) :)

btw, has anyone noticed that Yenny is the only one who isn't using her teaser photo in her twitter background?

Guest xxxjarjarbinxxx

we should just be grateful that our girls are coming back

I think its silly that everyone is getting so worked up over sunye's HAIR

like would you rather have the wonder girls NOT COME BACK at all?

hair or no hair. I'M READY FOR THEM.

Guest 2pmcandy

so far i love all the pix.. sohee is already grown up girl. she rocking with smokey eyes. yoobin omg what else did we need to compared she flawless as always..

regarding sunye hair i think its pretty cool.. and the only k- idol that can rocking with that hairstyle..its classic ..

yeeun fierce eyes obviously .. yet sometime i scared  staring her eyes.lol~  our maknae hye lim finally they give back her long hair without tied its.. she look fit now~ that great..!!

Just wondering, why is the hairstyle such a big issue? Our Min leader's working it like a boss. But even if some still think its that ugly, there's really nobody to be angry at cos she must have chosen the hairstyle herself. And even if she didn't, I doubt she was forced to it. You're not scolding SunYe for wanting to be daring once in a while are you?

This is another thing, we shouldn't be so quick to blame the stylist, JYP himself has said that the girls usually go for what they like. Sunye maybe wanted to try something different, it's bold of her. If she didn't like it I think she would have said something. I think my only problem with this hairstyle would be how it transition's on stage during performances if she's going to wear it, it would be very distracting.

Anyway, the next teaser is on Monday and I can't wait. Does anyone know what time it would most likely be released? The first teaser was released pretty late in my timezone (or maybe I should say early since I saw them at 2-3am). I wonder if it will be more concept photos or just the group photo?

Archived