Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest BossCharisma

I thought the dresses the girls were wearing looked familiar. Its been inspired by a  stella mccartney design from her Fall/Winter 2011 collection.

*quoted image*

IT LOOKS GOOD IN COLOR.

I hope they have a distinction in WG's outfits though ^^

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest WonderfulSohee

It's "are", not "is". Even though Wonder Girls is only one group, it is made up of five girls, and the name itself is in plural form. If there wasn't an 's' at the back, it would be 'is'. E.g. "Super Junior IS back" or "Big Bang is back". 

I don't care what people say. Incorrect grammar is not cool. *quoted image*  Plus, I'd rather not have the hype for the girls' comeback be diminished, because someone is unsure about the verb 'to be'.

JYP's English is pretty good and he rarely has incorrect grammar in his songs, if any. For example, in "So Hot", JYP clearly states that: "JYP and the Wonder Girls, We ARE back." Don't go against Papa JYP. ;) 

The correct sentence is #WonderGirlsareBack. That is all.

It's decided then

we should all tweet to WonderFacts that the trending should be #WONDERGIRLSareBACK cuz they don't listen to just me saying lol

Guest chami1430286566

Can I spazz about their teaser pic.?

SOHEE.

Oh my. This girl is known for being a shy type woman but why is that in every photo that WonderFuls are seeing, the shy type image by her is not there? 1 point for me. Ha. Sohee can surprise us anytime. ♥

YEEUN.

As her nickname says, she is the MADAM. In her teaser pic it showed that she really is so don't ever mess up with her. lol.

SUNYE.

Her pose is very beautiful except for the hair. NO. I don't hate the hair I just dislike it. But I don't find it an example of an ugly hair is just that I miss her hair during 'Tell Me' days and 'So Hot' days. Besides her angelic pose blew me away so it's FINE. :D

LIM.

Her teaser pic is quite different from the other girls. I love the hat that she is wearing but her facial expression or her pose steal the scene of her pic! I never thought that our new maknae would have this aggressive pose since she is cute! lol.

YUBIN. 

Her teaser pic, it looks like SunMi who posed there. Hihi. Man, that is one of the hottest picture that I've seen this year! Yubin, why do you have to be so sexy? :D

WONDER GIRLS.

Mix it all together then you'll have the Korea's Next Top Model. >;) 

Guest KimYongAh

Why not let's do without the the dash - #? I think twitter trending topics without dashes are much cooler ;)

And we really a need a lot of people to participate in this trending! I hope it'll go all the way on top ;)

Guest qsslave

IM SO EXCITED....(rain's mode in a cool way...hehe)

my heart is beating so fast!!!

~~~listen to my heartbeat...is waiting for u~~~~(2pm's mode)

okay,i just got back home from office and turn on my laptop.and then i see a lot of new pages when i log on to soompi..

omo...finally jype release the photo teasers...the girls look so hot and stunning!!!!!!maybe we are so rare seeing them being sexy like this so we

are so excited!!!

some of u felt that sunye's hair is less appealing,but for me im not going to say it is the best..but the style looked so fine with her..it makes her

look more attractive...for yoobin,i think she will look sexier with wavy hair..i actually really want to see sohee with short hair..but overall everyone look so hot and fabulous!!!!

ps:my advise to fellow wonderfuls is just ignore the haters...they can bash and hate all they want...but it is enough if we just defend the girls in a mannerful way and then ignore them...cos i know our fandom is not perfect either...

Guest chami1430286566

Why not let's do without the the dash - #? I think twitter trending topics without dashes are much cooler ;)

And we really a need a lot of people to participate in this trending! I hope it'll go all the way on top ;)

I agree. I always want to wonder trend without '#'. But WonderFuls in the twitter wants with '#' 

I also found out that a many hash tag in just one tweet will not help the topic to be trend. I think it's easier to trend without '#'. 

Guest BossCharisma

Ok, just wanna give my two cents on sunye's hair.

like a lot of lights, i don't find it appealing either.

her face looks good of course, but the hair is just seriously....bleh..

i'm too frustrated atm coz I was expecting a long glamorous hair. -.-

couldn't she get something new? Sun Ye is such a beautiful girl yet her beauty remains obscured because of these things. It's sincerely sad. The others can have nice flowing hair but Sunye has to have a curly mop disaster on her head?

i agree with some previous comments, if they're going for an alluring concept, then why do they make sunye's features akin to that of a man? ( a hot man, lol xD)

It seems that lights will have to suffer yet another weird hair from Leader Min & another wave of criticisms judging her appearance.

and don't tell me that i'm overly-sensitive and care only about Sunye and not the others...because if the others get the same thing, i'll be as b1tchy as i am right now plus don't accuse me of creating more drama with just a trivial thing.

leader min has had ugly hairstyles for 3 years now..... i think i have legitimate grounds to rant and be upset,...

overall, the teasers look quit enticing.

i guess, i'll be looking forward for the single then.

Guest chami1430286566

Sunye and Yeeun just tweeted. But I can't understand the tweet of Sunye. I'm clueless XD

435076508.png

what is she going to reset? Heehee.

Anyway, I need to sleep now. Bye WonderFuls! ^^

It's "are", not "is". Even though Wonder Girls are only one group, it is made up of five girls, and the name itself is in plural form. If there wasn't an 's' at the back, it would be 'is'. E.g. "Super Junior IS back" or "Big Bang is back". 

I don't care what people say. Incorrect grammar is not cool. *quoted image*  Plus, I'd rather not have the hype for the girls' comeback be diminished, because someone is unsure about the verb 'to be'.

Sorry to interrupt, but that's kinda chauvinistic. ~lol~

Ultimately, it's not a big issue but to clarify: it depends on whether you use British or American English.

In British English, a collective noun can take singular or plural verb depending on context & metonymic use. So "Wonder Girls is" (used for literal meaning, i.e. referring to the group itself) is as good as "Wonder Girls are" (implied for metonymic use, i.e. referring to its group members) in this context.

In American English, a collective noun always take singular verb (eg. "the United States is") unless metonymic use is implied. But pop groups are always treated as plural metonyms in America -- & correspondingly in worldwide pop culture  -- so it's always "Wonder Girls are" in that context.

I'm schooled in British English & thus instinctively prefer "Wonder Girls is". But to not confuse others, I deliberately write it as "WONDERGIRLS is" (i.e. capital letters & no spaces in between) in my translations to define the literal meaning. Incidentally, that's what Chinese journalists do too, so there's no conflict between us. In their case, pop groups are deemed singular (not plural) metonyms so it's always "Wonder Girls is" or "WONDERGIRLS is." Until they convert to American lingo one day, that is. rolleyes.gif

But since the topic is Twitter where the Americanized language is prevalent, I otherwise agree with using the plural verb.

Guest BossCharisma

Sunye and Yeeun just tweeted. But I can't understand the tweet of Sunye. I'm clueless XD

*quoted image*

what is she going to reset? Heehee.

Anyway, I need to sleep now. Bye WonderFuls! ^^

I wish it would be her hair lol xD.

Sunye is really a mystery girl..

and i want to know wht Yenny tweeted =]

Guest glamorousCHIC

Ok, just wanna give my two cents on sunye's hair.

like a lot of lights, i don't find it appealing either.

her face looks good of course, but the hair is just seriously....bleh..

i'm too frustrated atm coz I was expecting a long glamorous hair. -.-

couldn't she get something new? Sun Ye is such a beautiful girl yet her beauty remains obscured because of these things. It's sincerely sad. The others can have nice flowing hair but Sunye has to have a curly mop disaster on her head?

i agree with some previous comments, if they're going for an alluring concept, then why do they make sunye's features akin to that of a man? ( a hot man, lol xD)

It seems that lights will have to suffer yet another weird hair from Leader Min & another wave of criticisms judging her appearance.

and don't tell me that i'm overly-sensitive and care only about Sunye and not the others...because if the others get the same thing, i'll be as b1tchy as i am right now plus don't accuse me of creating more drama with just a trivial thing.

leader min has had ugly hairstyles for 3 years now..... i think i have legitimate grounds to rant and be upset,...

overall, the teasers look quit enticing.

i guess, i'll be looking forward for the single then.

i admire your courage to post this.

at least somebody is able to pour out her sentiments.

it's okay.,

I am disappointed too, but i guess we just have to cool down and just look forward to the comeback, though I have little faith on the upcoming teasers...

but then, WONDER GIRLS ARE MAKING A COMEBACK ALBUM FOR HOW MANY YEARS, SO LET'S FOCUS OUR EFFORTS ON SUPPORTING THEM.

let's just try to...uhmm..endure it ..again. :mellow:

Hold on am I the only one that LOVE Sunye's hair? I actually think that it look hell good on her. I think she the only female idol I see with that hair and she pull if off. I mean leader look so fierce with it, like it a high end photoshoot or something. I love her with long hair too and I got to say during 2dt days, the girls hair stylish must be on something because Sunye's hair was. .. I don't even no what to say. Honestly I wait til the music video to judge more but from the pictures I honestly think she look so hot.

Guest glamorousCHIC

Hold on am I the only one that LOVE Sunye's hair? I actually think that it look hell good on her. I think she the only female idol I see with that hair and she pull if off hell good. I mean leader look so fierce with it, like it a high end photoshoot or something. I love her with long hair too and I got to say during 2dt days, the girls hair stylish must be on something because Sunye's hair was. .. I don't even no what to say. Honestly I wait til the music video to judge more but from the pictures I honestly think she look so hot.

i think you're not the only one.

but then, majority does think oppositely.. lol :P.

hahaha...

i strongly disapproved with that hair, but then i grew tired so  i just made up my mind to just...dnt mind it.

but that doesn't mean i love it, much less like it...

Yes she looks hot, but it wasn't what we were expecting.

still looking forward for more though..

and since i see a few positive things on twitter, i will try to force myself to like it.

Guest loveeeWG

Guys, I have to go with #WonderGirlsAreBack .. and with the hashtag too. In twitter, taglines with hashtags trend much easier than phrases without hashtags. And at a specific timing too.

I remember there used to be a twitter account called @WonderTrending ? The admin was really nice. She/he helped out in trendings.. planned trendings with individual bias groups.. but she seemed to be missing on twitter? From what i know she was 'bullied' by another wonderful, calling her/him ugly and vulgar names. That Wonderful was a vulgar wonderful and even hated on JYP. lol. I wonder where he/she is now? Cause i want to create a twitter account again just for WG trending projects. and she/he together with me and other WF will make a great team. And she/he appears to know a lot about WG too.. apparently, a v1 fan :D@WonderTrending ADMIN! WHERE ARE YOU!!

Other info: Translator @ SunmiJjang

once an admin of OverTheLimit OTL

and she preferred to be called Icecream, juding from one f her past tweets.

Hello icecream if you read this post! please contact me ^^

Wonderfuls please help out too! Have you heard of him/her?

Guest jo_lene

But since the topic is Twitter where the Americanized language is prevalent, I otherwise agree with using the plural verb.

Heavy. I had to google the definition of metonymic.. But all in all I completely agree!

Anywho,

OH MY GOODNESS OMONA HUNDRED TIMES I'M SO EXCITED!!!

I so wanted to post something but didn't want to spam..

Hence, here's my simple edit. Did one first with the hope that it'd look good. But it just looks simple. .. ..

iqwu49.jpg

Oh, and can someone translate this please?

cp99d.png

PS: A new thread is started after the 2000th page right? So are we aiming to get to thread 3 by 7th November? 

EDIT- 500 posts a day is amazingly ambitious. Forgive my silliness. And thank you loveeeWG! :)

Guest Celangel

It's decided then

we should all tweet to WonderFacts that the trending should be #WONDERGIRLSareBACK cuz they don't listen to just me saying lol

I was suggesting in my earlier post on trending "WondergirlsRReady" since JYPE and the girls seem to be teasing with the "ready" word quite abit for this comeback.

What do you guys think?

Guest loveeeWG

YeEun's tweets:

WGyenny Yenny Park

준비됫나요~ 준비됫어요!

It means along the lines of Preparation. She is preparing for something and is ready! Do it do it~ at least thats what i know from my meagre knowledge of hangul. And with help from google translate ^^

SORRY if i am wrong~

Archived