Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

Been checking the 유니세프 생일기부 캠페인 'UNICEF Birthday Donation Campaign' which JYP Nation is participating in.

Here is the official website: http://www.unicef.or...rthday/main.asp

Sohee (looking gorgeous) is part of the flash homepage ensemble "passing along" the gift. Screenshots:

KLhZc.jpg

04PcQl.jpg

missA MIN also posted something personal inside yesterday.

The site itself is still in development (only a few days old). Their English subportal is not up yet, & I think they have also pulled back all the celebrities' video messages hosted with Youtube.

Speaking of which, Daum TVpot has another, shorter ensemble clip not linked to the campaign website, nor reloaded into YT yet. (missA is in it)

http://tvpot.daum.ne...%B8%B0%EB%B6%80

- - - - - - - - - - -

H1vfCl.jpg

Source: http://bbs3.telzone....5&forceTalkro=T

UNICEF is also using 2PM to promote the campaign elsewhere in its portal.

ewoD0l.jpg

http://www.unicef.or...ge=3&cidx=20474

- - - - - - - - - - -

No original source cited for verification, but here's the purported details.

e54ro.jpg

Cr: jype控 @ Baidu

JYPE & UNICEF's campaign!

JYPE & UNICEF are joining hands to help underprivileged children enjoy nutritious food. JYPE has always been proactive in civic activities, & its artistes often do charity work privately within show business too. In addition to the annual charity performances at Samsung Medical Center, JYPE is also teaming up specially with UNICEF this year to raise funds via donations during its artistes' respective birthdays.

A representative said: "Often, the fans are unsure about their presents to the artistes, about what will be viewed as more meaningful gifts. Through the co-campaign with UNICEF this year, the fans can not only bear gifts, but also donate money, so as to help provide nutritious food to underprivileged children." From June onwards, the JYPE artistes will unveil "My Desired Presents" videos during their respective birthdays, so as to invite the fans to do their best to aid these kids.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderful ♡

valentino_rossi46 I agree. It's kind of unfair how there's so many 2PM fan merchandises compared to WG. They have photobooks, mugs, cards, etc. I'd really love if WG had those too. I would definitely buy their merchandises if JYPE decided to release them. Don't get me wrong, I love both groups, but I feel like JYP/JYPE is directing most of their attention to 2PM and they definitely cater more to 2PM fans than WG. They haven't been uploading Real WG as frequently as before too T_T

Guest Marilori

I feel like it will be

June: 2PM

July: Miss A

August: Wonder Girls

Considering that all three groups will promote this summer, I don't think it would be possible *promotion wise* to release each group's material within the same month/week. So that leaves our girls for last since JYP hasn't teased us with anything new in regards to their album unlike Miss A and 2PM.

But then again, I haven't heard from anyone about their album being pushed back *again*...so they could just surprise us and release something by the end of this month.

^

Hmmm...

That's what i thought too, since Miss A was meant to comeback on May i think? Then 2PM for June followed by WG's American album and Korean comeback in the latter year.

Obviously they delayed it yet again for some reason.

Although im wondering if they'll release their American album alongside their Korean album or push back their Korean comeback near the end of September/early November.

---

Im getting impatient really, but i've waited for 2 years without knowing anything about their album and now that i know that it's in the works and nearly done to perfection; i suppose waiting a couple more months won't hurt.

Let's patiently wait Wonderfuls!~

^_^

Guest qoxie

But then again, I haven't heard from anyone about their album  being pushed back *again*...so they could just surprise us and release  something by the end of this month.

Yeah. As I corrected a misconception here recently, JYPE can announce a WG music release rather abruptly.

Nobody English album, Chinese Special Edition Albums, etc., their release dates were officially publicized only 1~2 weeks ahead of time.

So being in overseas markets isn't a hindrance. It can be even faster in Korea, eg. the Dream High OST tracks & now 2PM's new album.

Rather, the complication is the promotional plans, esp. with touring due to logistics & to facilitate box office sales.

Hence WG opening for Jobros in 2009 was announced 3 weeks ahead (early June), while their own North American tour in 2010 was done 2 months' ahead (early April).

Nothing like that so far for 2011, & we are in mid-June already :wacko:

You know, pondering over these JYP Nation activities...

I wonder if the 'special project' which JYP earmarked for Manny Marroquin to mix during the 4th day of his LA trip could be new JYP Nation music.

Looking back, he has had all of the artistes physically in the studio in the past few months, recording for their respective comebacks. Even JOO, San E & J-LIM.

So maybe they also contributed their vocals on the side on a commemorative track for the upcoming Japan concerts?

Can't foresee JYPE releasing it together with WG's, say, in August, though.

At the same time, I don't think timing the filmshoot for the accompanying MV so "late" (i.e. when the JYP Nationers get together for group rehearsals) is unfeasible, even if some of them commit to the MBC Korean Music Wave concert along the way.

It won't be apt to have This Xmas as the Japan concerts' finale in summer, for sure!

slrigrednow -- Thanks for the re-load.

Guest Marilori

I wonder, if they will be eying a tour of some sort. Who is going to be their sponsor?

Side note: don't Wonderfuls joke that whenever we see a skinny Yeeun, it usually means that their comback is really close haha.

Guest qoxie

WG status update.

The poster is credible. He's a LIMit who has doggedly posted reliable updates at Baidu despite snide remarks & receiving the cold shoulder.

Must have obtained the info from Fantastics or wherever.

(I think Jane Kim might have stayed back for the 2011 JYP Audition Tour in New York on Saturday.)

FBkgX.jpg

| 110611 | <Itinerary> LIM, Yeeun & American friends left New York for a long weekend

They left this morning for another city. LIM, Yeeun & 2 American friends (the ones she previously went clubbing with). LIM was apparently in high spirits.

- - - - - - - - - -

This WG standee was featured in Hubei's Korean Cultural Festival 湖北韩国文化节 (organized by Wuhan Tiandi authorities).

The netizen who shared it said many people wearing Hanbok costumes took snapshots together with the prop.

SglGU.jpg

Cr: 闵zoki的年糕 @ Baidu

Guest xjjjLOVE

I can't believe I didn't mention this before...but DANG! The States have been treating Yeeun WELL!

I feel like Yeeun is always the one that's kind of stuck with the transform that doesn't show case all of what she's got, she's so gorgeous >.<

I hope the stylist takes note of her clubbing style cause the girl is WORKIN' IT! :D

@Marilori: I'd never heard of that... o.O I hope it's true though xD

So clever....since Yeeun likes eating so much >.<!!

Guest vietboi_tuan

YeEun is a gorgeous girl, but ever since they been in America it really has shown. She is GORGEOUS

especially during their U.S tour when she had that long wavy black hair style. Gorgeous girls is

damn gorgeous.

Hopefully that prediction is real and that the girls are coming back real soon!

Guest bravo_my_life

Anymore news about the album? When I went to the pre order sale site it says it was shipped but we all know thats not true. Its a bit frustrating but im still waiting. 

Guest valentino_rossi46

Yeeun-Impact translate part 2 of Ye Eun diary entry on Yenny day, the questions and answers part with fans. Ye Eun is so sweet, she answeré a lot, and not just few line, but very long. She also check fan cafe everyday ( it hurts when she see the member of fan cafe drop ><)

Thanks YEI for their hard work with this long translating :)

qa1.png

qa2.png

qa3.png

qa4.png

qa5.png

qa6.png

qa7.png

Those who havent read the first part of Ye Eun entry, can check it here

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Marilori Haha thats true! I hope the girls' comeback is soon!

I think Yeeun has achieved the type of singer she wants to become. :)

Ahh~ guitar! I just remembered! Yeeun, Sohee and Yubin played a guitar in MTV WG Season 3. I remember Sohee's words "So easy~~" hahaa

Haha... Yeeun doesn't seem very good at computers. She doesn't know how to save a pictures!? lol It kind of reminds me of on MTV WG Season 4 when the computer/printer was not printing what she wanted and asked for help from Yubin. :P

Guest valentino_rossi46

^No if Ye Eun go to some site like soompi, she definitely know how to save photo, but i guess she means Korean fancafe. When i checked Korean fancafe, daum, naver, i dont know how to save photo too. Last page qoxie shows how to save photo from Korean site. Korean site is not easy to save photo from their page >< troublesome

I have never seen this photo. Mark PD now is more manly while our girls all grow up, become golden ladies :)

23049622145805119906110000004603185211100318015180n.jpg

credit @stalkAPPLE

Guest *bluebutterfly*

^ ahh that makes more sense haha. yeah, it's really hard to save photos on korean sites because some prevent you from right clicking therefore you can't save the pics. >.<

Aww... Mark PDnim! He looks cute with the girls in them selcas. No wonder the girls get along with him so well haha. xD They have known each other since debut! For any WG series Mark PDnim is a good choice as cameraman because the girls are most comfortable with him.

Guest qoxie

One of the JYP USA staffers celebrated his birthday about a week ago.

Happened to spot 2Ye's greetings on his Facebook wall. Other US colleagues & friends like Einstein Galang left messages too.

I won't be posting a link, but here's a clue: the birthday boy is one of the few insiders still keeping his Facebook public.

Yeeun wrote: 오빠 전 당일날하도록 하지요ㅋㅋ생일축하드려요^^

Reply to her was: ㅋㅋ 역시 같음을 거부하는데? ㅋㅋ 암튼 토요날 와줘서 고마워^^

Sunye wrote: Happy Bday 오빠!^^~~~~

Reply to her was: THANKS^^

Guest valentino_rossi46

^

^ Haha Sun Mi also sent him a happy birthday tweet last week

Btw, many JYPE staffs and SunLim like Woo Hye Rim fan page ha ha, it is not official fan page, just a fan created it but seems like it is well known site amongs them, Lim's dad always comments and shares info from here too

Guest jcsmark

Yeeun's new tweet

I realized, I don't have to worry about a thing as a christian. All I need to do is pray. : )

WGyenny@twitter

bravo_my_life Not much new info lately, but Wynter Gordon tweeted to be working with WG last week on their album.

Archived