Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

^

@my2wonder

wow~ hello and welcome! it's so nice to meet new wonderfuls especially middle easterns. kkkk Marhaba is hello in Arabian language right? Marhaba!

edit that article is already translated by allkpop.

-----------------------------------

@qoxie here's the translation ^^

Wondergirls are "recording their songs....and will attend a concert"

Money Today Park Yeongung reporter

Date of entry: 2011.03.23 09:49

Girlgroup wondergirls are currently recording their album and are busy preparing for their parallel comeback.

Wondergirls member Hyerim on the morning of 23rd via twitter said "We are going to China this weekend" she continued, "but before we take off to China, we have packed recording schedules! but im excited".

The wondergirls are currently staying in the United States and are busy preparing for their second overseas activity. Wondergirls agency JYP Entertainment revealed today to star news "they are currently recording with world renowned composers", the representative added "once everything is finalized only then that we will be able to organize for their comeback later".

Wondergirls recordings and debut will be halted as they will be attending a concert in China. The members together with various artists on the 26th will be participating at the "China Mobile concert" which is going to be held in Beijing Olympic Stadium.

Famous singers/songwriters are expected to grace this concert such as China's David Tao, Taiwan's Kenji Woo, and the Wondergirls whom are expected to receive a lot attention from their Chinese fans.

Meanwhile, wondergirls song "Nobody" recently entered the Canadian charts at number 4 and is enjoying immense popularity overseas.

v

only when i find some deep and unfamiliar vocabularies.lol BTW am i the only one who can translate Korean article? I think there are some other than me! hmmm..i wonder where they are? :unsure:

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest qoxie

^

Thanks for the quick response!

- - - - - - - - -

my2wonder -- I think Wonderr23 is the only Korean fan translator left here, & she said she sometimes needs her drafts proof-read by a friend before posting them,

There were some other volunteers like WGKeon & Mia_Mia but they have drifted away.

Other English-language fansites are no longer as active, or they have scaled down their coverage in favor of their favorite WG member instead.

The only English resource left are the Kpop music websites, which can be pretty hit or less.

The Chinese cyberspace is much more bustling -- their entertainment reporters monitor the Korean grapevine on their own, & the Kpop fans also often quicker with DIY translations -- & in that sense I have been trying to fill in the void internationally.

At least 2 Korean portals (TV Daily, JoongAng Daily) have parallel Chinese portals for entertainment news too.

I am waiting to see if they will report on the Jo Kwon pics. But their re-translations are usually published only after a day, so no instant gratification.

Guest my2wonder

@asoo in 2010 \ 8 \ 22 <_< you'll never know because you were fx fan LOL :P

@wonderr23 yes it's right :D marhaba blush.gif

@qoxie

my2wonder -- I think Wonderr23 is the only Korean fan translator left here, & she said she sometimes needs her drafts proof-read by a friend before posting them,

There were some other volunteers like WGKeon & Mia_Mia but they have drifted away.

Other English-language fansites are no longer as active, or they have scaled down their coverage in favor of their favorite WG member instead.

The only English resource left are the Kpop music websites, which can be pretty hit or less.

ohh T^T <\3 wonderr23 & qoxie thanx for your hard work here < 3 because of you guys I join soompi :wub: , so lets keep it up girls

Wow so many new Wonderfuls here ^^ Welcome to you all <3

By the way I just read the previous page and I love Sunye's pictures for W Korea *o* WOW !!! Sunye <3

& I can't wait for their album =) It looks like it'll be really really good !!! WG never dissapoint me =D Can't wait !!!

@my2wonder

wow~ hello and welcome! it's so nice to meet new wonderfuls especially middle easterns. kkkk Marhaba is hello in Arabian language right? Marhaba!

kekekekekekeke good that you learn it so fast ^^ ... then will teach you other words in twiter

@asoo in 2010 \ 8 \ 22 dry.gif you'll never know because you were fx fan LOL :P

kekekekekekekekekekek .......woaaaah nice nice ... what's your name in japanese nation blog??

maybe i know you ... is it meme girl??!!!

Wow so many new Wonderfuls here ^^ Welcome to you all <3

By the way I just read the previous page and I love Sunye's pictures for W Korea *o* WOW !!! Sunye <3

& I can't wait for their album =) It looks like it'll be really really good !!! WG never dissapoint me =D Can't wait !!!

Yeah yeah me new Wonderful here ...... ^^ and me too can't wait for their new album <3 .... just need to wait kekekekekeke

Guest r1988

@my2wonder & asoo welcome Im also Arab wonderful ^_^يا هلا فيكم و على فكره انا وندرفل من الامارات

and congrats of our girls winning the poll and honestly Im not shocked I always felt that our are the most popular with arab kpop fans btw my2wonder qoxie is a male fan wonderful :sweatingbullets:

thnx everyone for all of updates Im really excited to hear the girls new album , since the album will come out in june I started to wonder if the girls will get a chance to release a korean and chinese album ?!!

Guest qoxie

Yeeun sponsor pic for Alice In Bar.

dgAxS.jpg

Source: http://www.aliceinba...m2=00000&lock=N

- - - - - - - - - - -

Tickets for the China Mobile concert.

lifGC.jpg

2ZOAT.jpg

Cr: 大爱WG小馒头 @ Baidu

- - - - - - - - - - -

BTW To put it on record: Lohas Media 乐活传媒 was the original sender of the Beijing concert poster on weibo.

Everyone else, including the Korean press, seems to have used the retweeted version (where the URL tag is blurred over).

They also thanked a graphic designer (AnnSey赵宏韬 @ weibo) for, I must  say, one of the better WG-related ads around, despite using an old pic  of the girls.

http://t.sina.com.cn...9421/wr4kmW0KOa

Guest qoxie

WG in Korean textbook, according to a Wonderholic referral.

Taken from '대교출판사 중학교 2학년 한자교과서 14쪽' (Google-translate: 'Bridge Publishing Middle School Grade 2 Kanji textbook page 14').

3ddwXl.jpg

eJiBEl.jpg

Cr: 끌리는민현 @ Wonderholic

Original source (click on blue link midway down): http://blog.naver.co...87s/40125863821

Hi soompi wonderfuls! It's been a long time since I've posted in this thread but I've been with the girls since they debuted. I had to take a hiatus from soompi from 09-10 but I'm back and catching up on everything i've missed. Honestly I'm shocked that the girls don't have their own subforum YET ;) It makes me sad to see there aren't as many wonderfuls as there used to be yet it makes me even more excited for the girls' comeback. I've thought a lot about america, I still dislike that they went at times, probably because we all know if they stayed and branched out in Japan and did solo actives they would be the undisputed top girl group.  Since the sunmi incident (omg I still tear up when I see press conference clips :/) I still to this day have so many criticisms about JYPE but at the same time i think that america has done wonders (lol) for the girls.Being in america has changed the girls so much, they're so much more confident and their performances show that ( I'm still catching up with youtube fancams and whatnot lol) but the way the girls carry themselves and the fierceness when they perform… (*sunye shrug*) all these other girl groups might be up for a rude awakening when they're active in korea, the girls have truly, and honestly become world class performers. (hello mama 2010 ) I won't comment on how jyp stills holds back the girls vocals due to the songs but you can tell they have all gotten so much better at singing (I C U Sohee<3 but include you 2ye) they're so much more in sync with each other and the hardships in america have bonded them together in such a way that I feel like they're a family, true friends even if the 'Wonder Girls' were to end. (but they better never end LOL).

I haaaate it when people put down the achievements of the girls just because they haven't been active in korea, they were the pioneers for girl groups, and I know there were other girl groups at the time but the Wonder Girls created the boom. They built their fame from the ground up, they weren't successful right off the bat like other groups these days and I think people forget how many hardships these girls went through just to get at the top, again not that other groups didn't get flack but seriously, even today the girls don't consider themselves the prettiest group and I wonder where that stemmed from. (*_* I see you rude anti's) . Irony is probably a track that the kpop world would love today but back in 07 they wanted something like 'tell me' and from there on and even though at the time JYPE was considered one of the big three they were (imo) a drowning ship, the Wonder Girls help put JYPE back on the map, what other girl group has done that? Revived a company? (others will argue with me but JYPE hadn't put out a group in years and rain left the company in 07) I'm not gonna mention other girl groups frankly because I don't know too many of the active ones but its such a stretch for people to be comparing those other groups to the wonder girls. The girls went against big named, established entertainers in 08, literally people who are considered veterans and the creme of the crop, and yet they bagged one of the years biggest awards and people are saying when they comeback they won't be as popular? (UHHH….LOL OK.)  If anything, i'm semi grateful because when the girls do come out with this album they're gonna reclaim their spots at the top and let everyone know their efforts weren't for nothing, they not only got personal growth, improved chemistry, but a slew of experience from america . I don't think many people appreciate/understand how humble these girls are, they were at the top and then went to america where they were treated as after-thoughts (:(). people keep saying all they perform is 'nobody', 'tell me', 'so hot' yet people forget these songs smashed records, they were played everywhere, and these songs weren't songs just written out of the blue they were written for the girls based on who these girls are. The wonder girls don't have songs where they have to mold themselves to fit the songs (ie just because a song is cute they don't pull out ribbons and skirts) the songs fit the charisma of the girls which makes the songs so popular so if people are wondering why 'songs that are better than 'tell me' and etc aren't as popular think about that! the wonder girls created/have songs that'll last longer than some of the kpop groups of today will and if they perform those songs over its because people want to hear them. (LOL I hope that didn't sound like a rant but I just smh at some comments I've read about the WG)

I'm going to continue to wait patiently for the WG's comeback in korea along with the new album and all the other JYPE plans and I just want to whole heartedly thank everyone who contributes to this thread and keeps the love alive. I'm rereading every post page by page and thanks so much to everyones whose translated articles, linked me to some of the cutest pictures<3 (teehee saved a lot of them), and just validated why I love the girls so much. I plan to be a much more active poster here and I hope that I can contribute if only a little to the love you have all helped kept alive. 

<3

LOL my name's nicole btw, and if anyone needs help with anything in the thread, (I can ps...I guess LOL not as well as others here but still lololol and make videos O_o hahaha, proofreading...uhh Idk anything else.) please let me know;)

ps ommmmgggggg Sunye's spread in Wkorea.........JUST BOW DOWN.

edit: OTL I ended up writing an essay LOL >_<. 

ps got all my gifs from photobucket so if someone here captured them and wants me to take em down let me know, reuploaded them myself though

Guest *bluebutterfly*

^

^

I agree with you. Okay, Wonder Girls might not have as many #1s in the charts or stayed at #1 the longest or whatever compared to another group, but they are always the first to achieve something big. The first girl group to hold a solo concert in 10 years, the first Korean group to reach Billboard top 100, I'm sure there's much more but like always I'm just writing a quick reply, and as you mentioned they started the whole girl idol group hype, because tbh I think that the girl groups who were around the same as Wonder Girls' debut were not as popular as they were.

Their fanbase in Korea may have decreased but their popularity in Asia as a whole is increasing. It seems as if they are really popularity in China, because they're invited to a lot of big concerts. When they make their comeback in Korea, everyone will realise what they have missed.

Tweets related to the girls' new album is so exciting. I wish June would come faster. xD

Guest qoxie

I did this photomontage for fun. No need to credit if taken out.

Many of the JYP Nation idols have changed their looks since Xmas, so here's a primer:

1R - JIA (missA), Suzy (missA), FEI (missA), J-Lim;

2R - Jo Kwon (2AM), Sohee, Taecyeon (2PM);

3R - Changmin (2AM), LIM, Yeeun, Junsu (2PM)

4R - Seulong (2AM), Yoobin, Sunye, Junho (2PM)

5R - Jinwoon (2AM), Nichkhun (2PM), Wooyoung (2PM), Chansung (2PM)

Unfortunately, the others haven't yet upload any photos but I have mentioned them to show Japan is also in their thoughts.

BTW Naver's campaign has added new English text (including for the personal messages) so it's worthwhile to revisit their gallery: http://photo.naver.com/galleryn/130

DARbEl.jpg

Bigger size version (1395px x 2500px): http://i.imgur.com/DARbE.jpg

@digigirl99 You basely say what I have thinking for the past years the girls is gone. The sad thing is that most of the people who say the girls are "have been" are fans of other groups. Who clearly don't know or don't care for the girls. K pop fans is so easily forget, and that what sad about it. The girls bring back the power of girl groups, before them there wasn't many girl groups that get a song to stay #1 for so long. They also bring back hype and love to girl groups, I mean they were name "Nation little sisters" Most of their songs was HIT not just those one time hit, it actually stay on the chart for many weeks and was love by people of all ages. And it was a trend and still is. They only released a totally of 4 songs but yet it can out chart (lol) all the other girl groups that got like 6+ songs out. Well there goes my rant also Haha :) I just take it as it is because I know these girls is not just a little random girl group that JYPE put together. And I know what they have achieved and mostly what their stand in the Kpop world.

But anyway Thanks Qoxie so much for updating us with their news :) So grateful for you.

@my2wonder & asoo welcome Im also Arab wonderful ^_^يا هلا فيكم و على فكره انا وندرفل من الامارات

and congrats of our girls winning the poll and honestly Im not shocked I always felt that our are the most popular with arab kpop fans btw my2wonder qoxie is a male fan wonderful :sweatingbullets:

thnx everyone for all of updates Im really excited to hear the girls new album , since the album will come out in june I started to wonder if the girls will get a chance to release a korean and chinese album ?!!

kekekekekeke ... me Wonderfuls and Yubinian me too from UAE in Al-ain ... <3^_^ 

and thanx for welcomin me :D 

june ... long time ... hope is come fast :wacko:  

^ AMEN!!

Sorry if this comes off as spamming, but thats all I could say :D

Welcome back!!

And a HUGE Welcome to the Arab-derfuls!! Hehe...

Patience

thanx thanx for the welcoming ..... with much love <3:blush: 

Guest jcsmark

Jane tweeted some pics. Sunye looks really tired, hope the girls get some good rest.

늦게까지 녹음하는 우리 아이들 ㅠㅠ http://yfrog.com/h7r3dtwj

r3dtw.jpg

밝게웃는 우리 원더걸스!!키키 대표로 혜륌 키키키키 아이이뻐라잉 http://yfrog.com/h7ge6grj
ge6gr.jpg

Credit JANEyjK@twitter

Lim's tweets :)

Picture of my super messy room..(not clear)it's polaroid:) http://t.co/jqq7muZ
sroomk.jpg

Group shot during our recording session today! http://twitpic.com/4cnpnn

20110324.jpg

Picture of us practising our new song! :Dhttp://twitpic.com/4cnq7q

20110324studio.jpg

OMG I'm so excited already, can't wait to hear the new tracks!!

Guest xxxjarjarbinxxx

^ aww our wgs are soo pretty :)

even without makeup they look bright and fresh

lim looks super cute with her smile

and sohee is always a cutie :wub:

can't can't wait for the song!!!!

so is it coming out on april?? fingers crossed

Guest r1988

Wonder Girls’ Lim gives a peek into their recording process

20110324_wondergirls_1.jpg

Yesterday, we reported that the Wonder Girls will be performing in Beijing for the “China Mobile Concert“. Earlier today, Wonder Girls’ Lim revealed photos of her group preparing for their next album.

On March 24th, Lim tweeted,

“Group photo from during today’s session recording and us practicing our new song“

Currently, the Wonder Girls are in the process of preparing for their comeback. On March 23rd, a JYP Entertainment representative stated, “[They are] busy recording their album with global songwriters. Their comeback schedule will be adjusted after they finish their album production in the US.”

In the photos, the members seen wearing comfortable clothing as they dedicate themselves to recording and studying their music sheets.

Fans who saw the photos commented, “I’m already curious about the song” and “I will anticipate what you will show us this time.”

Source: Star News via Nate

Tip: trevnek

Source: AIIKPOP

Im so excited Im dying I wanna hear the new songs :w00t: and Im happy that AIIKPOP started to be more supportive and post more news related to our girls

Archived