Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest r1988

I found article in Nate site Im not sure but it seems like the netizens wants Sohee to be in Dream High season2 ?!

20110321_1300711112_02917300_1.jpg

here is the full article if anyone interested to translate it

http://news.nate.com/view/20110321n30722

I think if sohee did not have overseas activities and WG were still fully active in KoreaI believe sohee would have been the female lead for dream high season one

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

^ Idk about that, maybe she would have been in it but since the lead role was heavily musically oriented (i mean Suzy has killer vocal chops, she's just lacking in the confidence area in performances), I don't think she'd be the best choice. Don't gt me wrong, she's a good actress, but a musical actress? Lets be honest here.

I'm not hating on her, if u know me u should know of my love for the Wondergirls, hehe. Sunye I definitely see her doing that, coz isn't she going to school (when she's in college that is) for the musical actress course thingy? Honestly, I don't see Yeeun in an acting role for some reason... she'd prolly burst out laughing a lot, hehe, though she does have the diva voice for it.

Think it'd be best if it just had up and coming actors/musicians.... personally.... And the Wondergirls could be featured a lot in the background like they were for the first season :D ...

Also, I think since the girls are mad serious about the U.S., they need to give it a 110% here first, and I'm completely fine with them staying as long as it takes in order to realize that dream. Though new music isn't coming out on a seasonal basis from them right now, once they begin even minutely getting close to their dream, i think it'd be downhill from then on and they'll either become a household name or be satisfied with the knowledge that they tried (though I have complete faith in the doing good here, musically, but there are two sides to every coin and one must not ignore the other side just coz it is upsetting to think of :) )!!

In a way, the girls have already Dreamed HIgh and are now in the process of realizing that Dream, hehe, forgive my corniness!

Patience.

Guest wonderr23

^

i agree and disagree!lol I do think Sohee is a great actress and a singer! It's just that she didn't had the chance to fully showcase it to the public. Her voice is definitely not mezzo-soprano but the girl can sing. Ok i'll be honest about this since we're talking about it here. Sohee's vocals during Tell Me days was horrible. And so is Sunye(surprised to hear it from a Sunye fanatic?)..she kindah lacked vocal control and let's just face it Tell Me is such a difficult song to sing because it's retroish and you need to have a lot of feeling in order to execute it beautifully. Yup I really hated Sohee's voice back then. I called it "cat voice". But her mind blowing performances during the US tour changed my perspective on her voice. Just watch her performances for "Survivor" and you'll know what i mean. Whether she has a vocal power or not , we don't know that as of yet. Because as i said, she really didn't had the chance to showcase it. But i firmly believe she can sing. As for Sunye...yup back then she lacked vocal strength. But now i do think she improved a lot. As for Yenny, she can sing. But act? hmmm i think she can. She just needs to take a few acting classes and she's GOOD. ;)

---------------------------------------------------------

OMG!! Hyerim just tweeted about listening to their 2 new songs!! OMGNIUNEFDONOWNSWOPMFFF!!!

WG_Lim Hye Rim Woo

We listened to 2 of our new songs and i'm so excied about it!! It is very energetic. haha!

44 seconds ago

^Lim please let us listen too T.T

I think if sohee did not have overseas activities and WG were still fully active in KoreaI believe sohee would have been the female lead for dream high season one

That was what we use to think when Dream high was first talk about in 08. I mean I'm also sure that if they was still active in Korea. There is a huge and I mean huge chance 1 or 2 of our girls would have been cast. Well Sohee was a highly chance to get cast mostly because she is the actress out of the girls and a lots well known. Also she might have got lead, but if something like that happen (as in somehow everything change, storyline wise) than I wonder if the writer would have write the drama a different way. Anyway I can totally see Sohee as hyemi (a spoiled brat with a kind heart that doesn't know it) she just have that look. But than Hyemi character need to have amazing vocal and being honest, Sohee vocal aren't the best. I mean true she good but compared to many other (or Sunmi, Ye eun, & Sunye) you see where I am getting? Plus if not Sohee than I'm sure it would have been Sunye or Sunmi (Haha I am talking as the girls never step feet in America and Sunmi still part of the group so yeah) Oh well it to say that Dream high 2 is to start 2012? I don't know but maybe by than the girls would be active in Korea again and if Jyp still want part of it. I hope one of our girls can be in it. HOPEFULLY!

Anyway Sunye photoshoot in W is amazing. I love her in that short blonde hair, totally different than what we usually see of our leader =)

Guest qoxie

Kpop polls ~lol~ They run informal ones in Korea all the time, after which the media would make talking points out of them.

And so the publicity train keeps chugging...

Sohee has improved her vocals by leaps & bounds last year. Anyone who saw WG's shows live would have realized this.

Her recorded parts on 2DT & JYP Nation's This Christmas reflect as much. No more artificial effects or getting buried under the instrumentation.

On the whole, the constant touring over the last 20 months has really toughened up WG.

That said, retaining 'Single Ladies' for her solos was perhaps a missed opportunity. She could have tested herself more.

I found Mandoo's pure singing to have a very genuine tone last year. Unusually emotive too, given that she has a natural soft voice.

She has figured out how to phrase the words & to pace herself. Still hyperventilates onstage at times, but doesn't trail off as much anymore.

On the contrary, she would literally sing her heart out during her parts, & they were such heart-melting moments when she nailed it.

In that sense, I think her inclusion would have given 'Dream High' another dimension, eg. the Hye Mi character with 'poignant' (rather than 'stirring') vocals behind the facade.

The OST songs owe as much to the music producers' skills. They would have likely spun them in another direction with Sohee on board.

The scriptwiters would have likely changed the storyline if she was cast as lead actress as well.

- - - - - - -

Hit a new page. Lemme see if I can find some photos then. tbc.

Guest qoxie

Bonus!

Unshared media pics of WG arrival at HK International Airport (2011-12-17) for their solo concert last year.

The occasion was when Yeeun debuted her yellow (not just blond) hair & stole the show.

In hindsight, I like this color tint most since she dyed her hair -- although she looks like a striped bee here in that dress. LOL

How did Sohee see where she was walking in that oversized knit hat, though.

ixZ9Q.jpg

bliHZ.jpg

rNymL.jpg

KO3HS.jpg

gmJQj.jpg

zj8Gp.jpg

4XZsm.jpg

CcYKY.jpg

e1zGh.jpg

enUHg.jpg

26TjP.jpg

5OxD2.jpg

d4fnq.jpg

peZIj.jpg

yn97y.jpg

h4ERJ.jpg

yMcv0.jpg

y5fj2.jpg

EczaC.jpg

a8uMj.jpg

FdyHQ.jpg

TC90S.jpg

gg4JM.jpg

C0lsW.jpg

SKTRU.jpg

7MGXH.jpg

wmzZg.jpg

Cr: as tagged.

Guest bammie92

^

ahh~ i miss her yellow hair. she looks great in it!

man, i hope Sohee will be casted for dream high. that girl can pull out anything! you may doubted her at first, but she'll give it right back to your face. if WG don't appear as main lead, i hope they'll cast as the senior. XD

Guest Ly0209

I Love Miss A too, so please don't bash me! Suzy did an amazing job at Go Hyemi, have to admit she has an amazing voice but she does lack confidence. That doesn't means that she can't be better :)

I think it would be very wonderful to put Sohee as one of the lead :) I think she has the confidence on stage and that she are so charismatic and has various faces. She can be sexy, cute, happy and dark Sohee. Alot of K-pop lack of it and I think Wonder Girls are one of the few who can do more than 1000 faces on stage and pull of 1000 of various concepts :) Sohee, can act, dance, rap and her voice has improved tremendously! Can't believe that people say that she is talentless! Sohee is so good! She hasn't showed her full yet! :D

Go Wonder Girls! Hope that they will soon show their full potentional!

"Team Jonas 2009 DVD" was released a few months ago showing backstage footage of the Jonas Brothers tour. It is only available to premium JB fans but someone uploaded it onto YT so I decided to compile WGs parts.

In the last page of the thread so many different treats were posted... I especially liked your video compilation.

I guess most of the footage is unseen. I just remember the initial group photo op, which was published as picture at the end of 2009.

P.S.: BTW at 1:04 is it me or is Sohee moved? Not sure because she's partially covered. That would be a real special.

Guest evilishus

Hi!<3333 I haven't posted in so long in Soompi :( I'm going to start being very active again :D

I'm so excited that two NEW songs are done(hopefully..)and I am so ready to hear them<3 This album has seriously been like two years in the making and I am not even going to try to understand what has kept JYPE so long.I'm just ready for the album to come out and for the girls to promote it.I am also looking forward to hearing more of Lim in the studio version of songs!I want to get more of a feel of HER voice in a part that was made to fit her,do you guys know what I'm trying to say?

Whatever anyone throws at Sohee...that girl will tackle it like no other.Her work ethic is really very admirable for a girl her age.The drama "Dream High" has been in the works since 2008 and had the timing been right then the Wonder Girls,especially Sohee,would have definitely been a part of it.From what I remember,the media back then reported that the drama was actually kind of made for the Wonder Girls,it was speculated heavily that all of them would take part but all that went down the drain because of their schedule :( I would definitely love to see Sohee in "Dream High 2" because acting is something she is really passionate about and I've always kind of held a grudge towards JYPE for not letting her act more :(

Guest cr15co

the greatest things just happend and omg i am soooo happy right now, i dont think there are words to describe how happy i am right now. i created this video of lim a couple months back http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCpH0-sfjEY and @AGIVAN03 showed her the video in response to one of lim's recent tweet "♥ Just the way you are - Bruno Mars" and this was her response towards my video..

208wu0x.png

Guest bravo_my_life

^ That is so awesome. Congrats on your video. Glad it could make Lim smile. And im really pleased with Sunye's photo shoot. She looked amazing.

Guest Misakoloves

20110321_1300711112_02917300_1.jpg

The fantasy casting for “Dream High: Season 2” has become a hot topic on the internet.

Recently, an online community bulletin started a poll titled, “Dream High 2: Casting that I am definitely hoping for“.

Wonder Girl’s Sohee, 2PM’s Chansung, SNSD’s Yuri, Bae Yong Joon, Im Jung Hee, Ranghyun Rangha, and OneTwo were all candidates for the fantasy casting, with SNSD’s Taeyeon holding 1st place.

Netizens also revealed their hopes for Park Eun Bin to make a recurrent appearance for the second season. The star had made a surprise cameo on the last episode of ‘Dream High‘ as Go Hye Mi (Suzy)’s younger sister, which spawned speculations that the producers had casted her with season 2 in mind.

Netizens also expressed their hopes to see the return of the original cast members (Kim Soo Hyun, Suzy, Taecyeon, IU, and Wooyoung) for season 2.

Meanwhile, a KBS official announced that the winter holidaymag-glass_10x10.gif season is the most probable time for ‘Dream High 2′ to hit the airwaves.

Who would you pick for your ‘Dream High Season 2′ fantasy draft?

Source: TV Report via Nate

Credit: Allkpop

Guest wonderr23

^

hmmm...my fantasy cast would be Park Eunbin/SOhee as the lead. And Sunye as the villain! XD Also i really like Taemin of Shinee, Chansung, Hyorin of Sistar, and the others didn't really thought about it..

Guest qoxie

There isn't much buildup about this, but it looks like the China Mobile concert this weekend will be WG's biggest ever.

Their China performances were always for 40K~60K audiences, vis-a-vis 2K~3K for their American tour & 8K~10K (at best) for their Asian stops.

No wonder they agreed to it. Imagine the appearance fee.

c6t73.gif

Source: http://gb.cri.cn/275...465s3194373.htm

WONDERGIRLS to take part in 90,000-crowd concert in Beijing; David Tao, Elva Hsiao will also be on hand

China Radio International 2011-03-22 13:36:45 Editor: Zhao Jingya

International entertainment news. On March 22 morning, Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS's management JYP Entertainment informed the foreign media: WG will arrive in Beijing soon to take part in a megaconcert at the Beijing 'Bird's Nest'' on March 26.

The megaconcert is called 'China Mobile 赏心乐目' ('Delightful Music Show') & the forecast is for a 90,000 crowd. Popular Hong Kong & Taiwan singers will also be in attendance. Besides WG, David Tao, Kenji Wu & Elva Hsiao will also be on hand. This is the 1st time WG will be performing on a stage of such scale in China. At present, WG has been shuttling nonstop between Korea & America to record their music. In addition, their 'Nobody' has also reached #4 on the Canadian charts.

Guest qoxie

r1988 -- Ah thanks. I think the CRI article got the info from Korea, then.

So it's likely JYP Korea (& not the China branch) who confirmed WG's participation to the media. Mea culpa with my tweet.

- - - - - - - - - -

WG & China boyband 风云组合 'Wind & Cloud' group photo from a long time ago (1st Wonder concert in Shanghai?)

RAv1A.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Archived