Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest qoxie

^

Ah thanks.

If you don't mind, I am posting the translation you did for the AsiaE report on Mar 9 (post #29733 here on page 1487).

You had tweeted it to me but somehow never got around to sharing it here.

JYP securities. J.Tune surplus in stocks

[Asia Economic Baek Jongmin reporter] Singer and producer Park  Jinyoung's favorable outcome had him smiling. As the largest shareholder  since last year, JYP had a turnover of surplus with his partnership  with Rain. The stocks he invested in J.Tune are rising and the value  assets are getting higher as well.

9 days ago, according to the securities sector since JYP's enter into  the company he gained 20.4 billion won, with a net profit of 382.8  million won. In 2009 the stocks are 10.1 billion won and suffered 4.6  billion won in loss.  Compared to this year the company experienced an  increase and surplus in stocks.

Recently, Park Jinyoung's company JYP went from hell to heaven. JYP's  stocks during 2005 was 10 billion won and after 2006 it peaked to 16.3  billion won. In 2007 still with surplus. However, the sales decreased in  2008 thus experienced deficit.

Wondergirls US advance results and 2pm member Jay's withdrawal brought a  terrible downturn into the  company. By 2009, JYP suffered a 200.008  million won loss and 3.3 billion won in total at the Foreign Exchange  market. The company experienced a deficit for 2 years.

But last year there are dramatic changes. 2AM and Miss A's rapid success  brought profit in stocks. Although the company suffered loss it was  quick to regain because of the benefits it gained.

Park Jinyoung's brilliant performance in the stock market at KOSDAQ has  brought him to be the major shareholder of J.Tune Entertainment. The  value of J.Tune had risen since then.

J.Tune Ent's partnership with JYP will give birth to a "new JYP". The  approval has been finalized during the stockholder's meeting. There is  no longer a difference between Non-JYP and JYP artists. Park Jinyoung   and Miss A are now in J.Tune.

J.Tune's founder and singer "Rain" has a share. 8 days ago he was in  Shanghai to sign a contract with the brand "JVJQ". Since last year, the  company sales had an increase of 13.4%.

And with that J.Tunes stock has been soaring. Park Jinyoung's stocks  also experienced a great advantage since the partnership with J.Tune.  Although his stocks before were 1500 won, on March 9 9:20 am it  increased to 3500 won. A 1.7 won increase was added from 4.4 billion  since Park invested 3 months ago.

Cr: wonderr23 (translator)

- - - - - - - -

MinAhnLim in recent Hankyoreh article on airport fashion.

xLMkG.jpg

Source: http://www.hani.co.k...ion/466241.html

- - - - - - - - - - -

The Korean media are mostly using Sohee's & Big Bang TOP's contributed photos in their Naver 'Pray for Japan' coverage. <_<

Photogenic-ness rules here, I guess.

This is non-WG related, but Naver also has a 'Pray For Japan' campaign by Korean cartoonists.

Some pretty poignant creations were uploaded.

http://comic.naver.c...d=312979&page=1

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

^

omo! I was gonna ask the people here for confirmation because when i was browsing them earlier i thought hmmm...this is really weird!lol Thanks for the confirmation..

원더걸스 '노바디', 캐나다 '4위'

머니투데이 김관명 기자 기자의 다른 기사보기

입력 : 2011.03.20 14:15|조회 : 379 |추천: 0|나도한마디: 0|기사URL복사

2011032013302483154_1.jpg

걸그룹 원더걸스의 영어버전 '노바디'(Nobody)가 캐나다 싱글차트 4위에 올랐다.

20일 닐슨사운드스캔이 집계한 캐나다 C&R 뮤직차트 싱글 부문에 따르면 원더걸스의 2009년 영어버전 싱글 '노바디'가 처음 차트에 진입, 3월10일 기준 주간차트 4위를 차지하는 기염을 토했다. 1위는 미국 여성그룹 Dum Dum Girls의 'He Gets Me High'가 차지했다.

영어버전 '노바디'는 지난 2009년 원더걸스가 미국 데뷔를 위해 준비한 곡이다. 우리말 원곡은 지난 2008년 앨범 'The Wonder Years'의 타이틀곡으로 실렸다.

원더걸스는 지난해 6월4일 미국 워싱턴D.C를 시작으로 애틀랜타, 시카고, 샌프란시스코, LA, 시카고, 하와이 등 미국 전역은 물론 캐나다 토론토 및 미시소거 등에서 총 20회 넘게 단독 공연을 열었다.

한편 원더걸스는 미국 뉴욕과 한국을 오가며 새 음반 작업 중이다.

Wondergirls "Nobody", 4th place in Canada

Money Today Kim Gwanmyeong reporter

Date: 2011.03.20 14:15

2011032013302483154_1.jpg

The English version of Wondergirls song "Nobody" rose to 4th place in Canadian Singles Chart.

On the 20th Nielsen Soundscan Canada said, Wondergirls english version of "Nobody" first entered the Canada C&R music singles charts section in 2009, on March 10th it placed 4th place in the daytime charts. 1st place was by an American girlgroup called Dum Dum Girls with their song "He Gets Me High".

Wondergirls on 2009 debuted in the US with the english version of their song "Nobody" from their 2008 'The Wonder Years' album .

On June 4th of last year the wondergirls held an exclusive American tour in more than 20 cities starting with Washington DC, Atlanta, Chicago, San Francisco, LA , Hawaii and throughout the United States, Canada, Mississauga, Toronto.

Meanwhile, the Wondergirls are going back and forth across United States, New York and Korea and are currently busy preparing for their album.

^

Ah thanks.

If you don't mind, I am posting the translation you did for the Asia Economic Daily report on Mar 9 (post #29733 here on page 1487).

You had tweeted it to me but somehow never got around to sharing it here.

LOL i've completely forgotten about this. I guess it's such a huge issue since JYP's company gained a lot with this new partnership. Thanks for posting it here! :)

Guest Ly0209

Thank you so much @k-popfan3!

It was a pleasure to read it :D

LOL Sunmi, you are so funny and Sohees sibling is Jay Park!

Congratulation WG for entering the Canada chart again ! :D

Guest r1988

Wonder23 thnx for sunye pics she looks so amazing I loved the concept of the photoshoot it would be interesting if the girls did such concept with their American debut ,and sunye have a bone structure that models would die for

Wonder Girls’ “Nobody” ranks fourth on a Canadian music chart

20110320_wondergirls-600x399.jpg

On March 20th, Nielsen SoundScan’s Canadian C&R music chart revealed that the Wonder Girls‘ “Nobody” ranked fourth place on their singles chart during the second week of March.

The feat is considered special, as it’s been nearly a year and six months since the song was first released. Industry representatives were further impressed by the fact that the only formal promotion done for “Nobody” was through a short U.S. and Canadian tour last year.

Representatives of JYP Entertainment spoke through Star News and commented, “Last year, ‘2 Different Tears‘ did make it into the Canadian charts, but we’re very surprised that ‘Nobody’ has made it in this time as well. It’s been about two years now, so we’re glad that it was achieved without any promotions.”

Source + Photos: Star News via Naver

Credit: AIIKPOP

congrats lets hope their new album will top the charts

Guest uchix_francois

Yubin’s coordination was rather complex yet sophisticated looking, as compared to member Sohee’s clean looking modernized fashion styling.

cr : wgyubin.net

two different poles of fashionista... no wonder our WG is always in the spotlight for their fashion sense

Wonder Girls - Pray for Japan

i just realize that the girls were taking photos with almost non existent make up -if not bare- face for this message... i think it showed their sincerity in a humble way they were known of...

Words of Thanks from Wonder Girls to 2AM & 2PM

how touching... from their message we get a glimpse of their personality and relationship with the other JYPNation members...

ah... Nobody strikes again... that article @akp has earn 214 comments as when i type this comment, lol... same old impatient comments still appeared but more than 90% is showing love and support for the girls...

Sunye's photoshoot really makes me drool tongue.gif 

Hope someone can get the HQ picture of it  ^ ^ ~! She looks way too mature + SEXY!!! go leader~!! congratulation congratulation congratulation~~~ lation lation lation~ again for anything to our girls~ THANKS 4 posting~~!

Guest Bubbly_Millionheiress

Congratulations to Wonder Girls for clinching a place on the Canadian charts with ‘Nobody’ even though they haven’t promoted the song formally in Canada & only sang it during the Jonas Brothers concerts & the Wonder World Tour! ‘Nobody’ should be awarded ‘The Most Immortal Song In The History Of Kpop’. :lol:

Btw Sun Ye’s photoshoot is amazingly gorgeous. I don’t think there is a concept that Sun Ye can look bad in. I think it’s her sheer confidence that helps her pull off such difficult concepts/hairstyles/costumes. Sun Ye’s profile.. can we GORGEOUS? :wub:

Guest BobaMilkTea

WOW! Sunye should do modeling more often! She looks great! I love the pictures especially the ones with her in the blonde bob wig. She even looks great in bob haircut! That's amazing! I can't scream how much Sunye makes the photoshoot sooooo hot! Thanks!

Guest yummy_swg

Wonder Girls interview at Wake Club today. it aired around 10.45 am and i missed it TT

Nobody has recorded it yet but you can re-watch here. http://www.thaimetv.com/index2.php

set the details like the picture below and click >คลิกรับชม<

53392773.jpg

Wonder Girls appears around 43.00 (sometimes the link doesn't work <_< sorry bout that) i also captured some part

111horzvert.jpg

Yenny said WG come to Thailand for the 5th time but we can count only 4 times :lol:

the MC asked "Besides fans, how do you like Thailand?" Yenny replied about food again :lol: she likes mangosteen and have to eat it whenever she comes here.

Sunye talked about the upcoming album that they're working on it.

Yubin said that Thai fans always give them a warm welcome and thanks for our support :wub:

Some WG fanarts from Thai WF (Cr. Mewkiiz @ Twitter)

wondergirlvol1front.th.jpg wgvol2front.th.jpg wgvol2back.th.jpg

Guest jcsmark

I love Sunye's photoshoot. Thanks for the pictures!

Congrats to Wonder Girls for ranking on a Canadian Chart! Makes me so happy cause I'm from Canada :) I hope the girls could come to more Canadian cities for their tour.

-----

"Team Jonas 2009 DVD" was released a few months ago showing backstage footage of the Jonas Brothers tour. It is only available to premium JB fans but someone uploaded it onto YT so I decided to compile WGs parts.

some caps

jonastour02.jpg

jonastour01.jpg

Guest *bluebutterfly*

This is cute. WFTH remade SoBin's Live House during one of the Mnet MIWG episodes.

It's been so long since they first started promoting 'Nobody' and it has reached #4 on Canadian charts?! That's great news! :D

Guest r1988

Big Bang, 2NE1, the Wonder Girls & more participate in Naver’s “Pray for Japan” campaign

20110321_prayforjapan.jpg

Musicians, athletes, and TV stars have all been participating in the “Pray For Japan“ photo support campaign, run by portal site Naver and Japan’s NHN.

The campaign asks celebrities to take a photo of themselves with a “Pray for Japan” sign on their cellphones as an act of support for the ongoing disaster relief efforts in Japan.

Their mission states, “Many celebrities are also stretching out helping hands in a time when heartfelt consolation is needed. Celebrities from various fields – music, sports, movies and so on – have sent their pictures with a ‘Pray for Japan’ message to NAVER for quake-stricken people in Japan. ‘Exhibition N’ now introduces photos sent in by celebrities with cheering messages. NAVER truly hopes that our prayers will reach people in Japan and give them courage to be able to reconstruct what was destroyed.”

Over 70 celebrities – such as Big Bang, the Wonder Girls, 2NE1, Dal Shabet, INFINITE, and JYJ - have taken part in the campaign thus far, and many more star contributions are being added each minute. Their heartfelt messages were also translated into Japanese for them to read.

Source + Photos: Mydaily via Naver

Guest r1988

Wonder Girls’ Sunye pulls a 180° transformation for W Korea

20110320_sunyewkorea_02-600x444.jpg

The Wonder Girls‘ leader Sunye has captured fans with her sweetheart looks and caring personality, but with a recent pictorial in WKorea magazine, the idol has proven that she can pull off a dark concept just as easily.

In the April issue, a photo spread appropriately titled “Double Face” features Sunye undergoing an avant-garde-esque transformation, giving a hauntingly beautiful aura with her pixie-like high cheekbones and piercing gaze.

High quality photo haven’t been released yet

Source: Naver

Everyone in AIIKPOP is amazed with sunye photoshoot concept and everyone is saying that sunye looks like a true high fashion model which I agree with them and like I said sunye do have a bone structure and nose that models would die for

Guest qoxie

Sohee is on Heechul's mind again.

NB. He turns 28 this year, & WG said they won't date for another 2 years, so he's as much encouraging himself here!

Omitted the comments (which are bracketed) by the Chinese weibo translator.

p2g6R.gif

Source: http://t.sina.com.cn/80spetalstribe

[20110319, #KimHeeChul# YS translation -8-] Heechul: One cannot like Sohee when he turns 30? That's so ridiculous. Just tell your mom that's Sohee to resolve it. What's wrong with this? Really! Perhaps your mom is indeed wishing she is his girlfriend!

[20110319, #KimHeeChul# YS translation -7-] Caller: My mom was tidying my brother's desk when she discovered a photo of Sohee in the drawer. Thinking Sohee is his girlfriend, she kept interrogating him about it. But my brother is already 30 years old, so it is embarrassing for him to say that's actually WONDERGIRLS's Sohee. I want to ask Heechul oppa what to do.

Archived