Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I found these information in 6theory media fourm I didnt know that they sold 87000 copies with 2DT

Wonder Girls album sales

15,000 (The Wonder Begins)

73,000 (The Wonder Years)

59,000 (So Hot, The 3rd Project)

81,000 (The Wonder Year Trilogy)

87,000 (2 Different Tears Korea+China+US)

Always wanted to get this done. Finally found time today.

There are a lot of WG stuff on Weibo. I put together a tutorial on how to access them.

In some ways, it's better than Twitter (see below screenshots). Taiwan & HK netizens also seem to increasingly prefer it.

The registration process & the Weibo search itself are quite easy, even for those who can't read Chinese.

Just follow my numbered instructions if you are not interested in the social networking aspects.

I registered using a dummy account with a temporary email provider.

The initial registration.

97522028.jpg

97085239.jpg

40306037.jpg

61144764.jpg

Filling in basic account info.

41105832.jpg

Who to follow initially. (Can modify anytime.)

83363773.jpg

My pseudo-Weibo homepage (abbreviated). Edited out most of the received messages for brevity.

28827356.jpg

Search results page (abbreviated). Edited out most of the generated messages for brevity.

Here are the girls' Chinese names: 先艺 (Sunye) 誉恩 (Yeeun) 瑜斌 (Yoobin) 昭熙 (Sohee) 惠林 (LIM; it's a common name & may mix up with other Huilin's) 宣美 (Sunmi) 泫雅 (Hyuna, still very much of WG family in China WFs' eyes).

57318855.jpg

To remind again: Hereafter, sign in with your registered email (not your username).

Sina Weibo portal: http://t.sina.com.cn/

To summarize for the non-Chinese speakers: Once registered, just sign in & then use the search box.

There are not many Kpop artistes using Weibo. Only missA's JIA & FEI, Suju's Zhou Mi, Hangeng come to mind.

(I read somewhere that Kangta, the ex-H.O.T. singer, has an account too, but have not yet found it.)

Korea is just next door, & Chinese Kpop fans have access to music news & gossip without needing Western channels like allkpop or twitter.

Hi,

We are doing a christmas project for Lim (Wonder Girls).

We are compiling all the DIY Christmas –card for Lim.

Here are the details: http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=173828482644518&set=a.173828319311201.42481.137895429571157

Please send your pic file to spreadLIMwonder@gmail.com after you have completed. We prefer JPEG file format.

We are extending the closing date to 23 December.

We really hope that you can partipate in this project and show your support for Lim. We look forward to hear from you soon.

Thank you.

Interesting detail about Yeeun. Dunno whether to believe it or not.

She did not look handicapped in her backstage twitpic.

screenhunter07dec200118.jpg

Source: http://ol.mingpao.co.../saa01/mek1.txt

WONDERGIRLS sings 'Nobody' thrice in 90 minutes

Ming Pao 2010-12-19

[Ming Pao news] Popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) held the last concert of their World Tour at the AsiaWorld Arena the other night. It was an exhilarating show from start to end. WG, who has been actively expanding into America, spoke to the fans in English throughout. They performed 3 different versions of 'Nobody' during the 90-minute concert, & the entire audience retained their enthusiasm for their familiar song.

The WONDERGIRLS quintet of Sunye, Yoobin, Sohee, LIM & Yeeun changed sexy costumes many times during the evening. They kicked off wearing black translucent attires & white mini-skirts, & would show off their legs & slim figures in shiny red dresses for the encore. Previously modest about their English proficiency, WG was consistently fluent in the language during the show. Even the Hong Kong-raised LIM seldom needed to resort to Cantonese.

Yeeun continued performing despite a ankle sprain

WG sang 3 different versions of 'Nobody': a ballad version, a rock version &, for the encore, a 'Nicam' version in Korean, Chinese & English. Each rendition went down very well, even climbing to new heights every time. The audience were undeniably crazy for more.

During the evening, each WG member also did solo segments to showcase their talents. Yeeun sang & played the much-covered 'Tainted Love' on the piano. She even climbed on top of it in mid-song to sing & dance. The night before, she had sprained her foot during rehearsals & had gone to the hospital during the wee hours. Yet she gave it all during the show & displayed no signs of her injury. Sunye sang 'You Raise Me Up' & her outstanding delivery won much acclaim. WG also invited a male fan onstage. Various group members surrounded the lucky chap & sang to him, then presented him a giant teddy bear, gift bags & flowers. He is so lucky in love! During 'Tell Me', the entire audience were singing along & bringing the atmosphere to a climax. But the concert lasted only about 90 minutes or so, leaving many fans thirsting for more.

Text: Gao Yuyan

19md004.jpg

"WONDERGIRLS's concert the other night was very successful, & they promised to return to perform in Hong Kong"

19md008.jpg

"Pre-concert, WONDERGIRLS took a photo with a bunch of pre-selected Wonder Babies"

19md002.jpg

"A lucky male fan was serenaded to by the 5 group members, & then received a lovely gift"

Guest ashenlo

Wonder Girls’ Ye Eun shows off a surprising S-line

by kimchisteve on December 19, 2010 at 12:20 pm

20101219_yeeun.jpg

Revealing her new blonde hair that received a positive response from the public just a few days ago, Wonder Girls‘ Ye Eun posted another picture that wowed her fans.

On the 19th, the girl group member uploaded a photo on her official Twitter along with a message stating, “Self-shots are best in the washroom…”

The photo featured a full body shot of Ye Eun sporting a tight red dress, which naturally showed off her glamorous body. Her S-line has impressed many fans and netizens, as they left comments such as, “I was very surprised at her body”, “A new S-line body star has been born.”

Source: Newsen

cr: allkpop

Dream〆Fly梦想外国语学院, apparently an online foreign-language school, is publicizing to various Baidu communities that it will live-stream the audio of the JYPNation concert.

The bootleg kind (i.e. fan noise in the background), it seemed to hint in response to an query.

I looked them up. They had previously advertised (also to Baidu communities) a similar stunt for Suju's Nanjing concert in mid-November. Dunno how that one turned out.

They are rather active on Baidu, working with various Kpop communities on audio projects. Their portal bio listed Baidu TVXQ Bar, Baidu Chae Yeon Bar, Baidu 2PM Bar & Baidu SNSD Bar.

Here are the details of their, I suppose you can call it, "guerrilla" JYPNation undertaking.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

12月24日这个平安夜我们与JYP家族一起度过~~

届时会从下午15:00开始为您带来三个小时的特定节目~节目中我们将不定时联系前线~了解第一手的前线消息~下午18:30开始正式直播~为了能更好的及时了解消息~请大家提起计入歪歪ID7301~

Cr: 粉红月光鱼 @ Baidu Link

We are going to spend Xmas Eve with the JYP family on December 24 ~~

Starting from 3pm, there will be 3 hours of special programming ~ during which we will also contact our frontline people ~ getting fresh updates from them ~ the live stream will formally begin from 6:30pm ~ for more info ~ please remember to tune in to YY ('waiwai') ID 7301 ~

2138551q4mmaerzqdgamki.jpg

Live streaming of JYPNation Seoul concert

December 24, 6:30pm

Audio access: YY ('waiwai') Voice ID: 7301

213918njgm79dhcij002dg.jpg

>> How to listen in <<

Download the YY Voice software as follows:

1. Go to the Duowan portal  (search with Baidu Search) to download the YY audio software for free http://www.duowan.com

2. Cue up the login screen & register an account.

3. Log into the account.

4. Input Channel ID: 7301, click Enter & then click OK.

5. Join the forum: http://www.drmfly.com

Another DIY notice.

221402gaop39u3tqll3jtl.jpg

Guest wonderr23

[Chart] 2010 Melon

December 19, 2010

Now here’s the 2010 monthly winners of melon.com. And like the previous chart, December isn’t included since I’ll be gone by the time cyworld uploads their December chart.

January

Jo Kwon & Gain – We Fell In Love

Febuary

2AM – Can’t Let You Go Even if I Die

March

T-ara – I Go Crazy Because of You

April

Rain – Love Song

May

Monday Kiz – Scattered

June

Wonder Girls – 2 Different Tears

July

MC Mong feat. Mellow – Sick Enough to Die

August

Homme (2AM Changmin & 8eight Lee Hyun) – I Was Able To Eat Well

September

FT Island – Love Love Love

October

Miss A – Breathe

November

Heo Guk – Always

There’s a big difference between Cyworld’s monthly winners and Melon’s monthly winners, but I will still stick with Cyworld. If it wasn’y for Cyworld, I wouldn’t have known how such a great song Hot Potato’s Confession.

Source:

melon.com

credit: shockedfan.wordpress

--------------------

People the US debut album will be officially released next year probably on Feb or March. Jan i guess will be their preparation month for the whole thing.

Here's a confirmation by Yubin herself via twitter.

jeremytyson: Are the Wonder Girls still releasing an English album?

Yubin: yes it'll be around feb and march

Not sure if these have been shared.. Enjoy~ :)

First wonder at Hong Kong (fancams)

Lip Gloss- Lim

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4VgWAq9UW4E&feature=player_embedded

Tell me

Headache

Nobody

From Miss A Min's twitter:

63271_179208155439884_137895429571157_537942_2303211_n.jpg

Guest shinhdeplol

Wonder Girls to have a Christmas party with 2PM and miss A on Christmas Day

The Wonder Girls, who’ve recently wrapped up their Hong Kong concert on December 17th, revealed their special plans for the Christmas holiday.

“We’ll be having a Christmas party with 2PM, miss A, and other company friends,” said the group.

Recently, the girls cameoed in the movie ‘The Last Godfather’. When asked about their desires to act in future dramas and films, they confessed, “We want to start filming.”

Sohee and Ye Eun expressed, “We want to challenge ourselves with an action movie”, while Yubin said, “I want to film a romance production.”

Concluding the interview, the girls left some wise words for the future tryouts of JYP Entertainment: “The most important thing is to express the enthusiasm you have for music.”

Source: TV Daily via Nate

Taken from: Allkpop

just finish watching all the fancams..

but my fav. perf. of them was when

they were singing saying i love you...

and i promise..that guy looks taeyang..a lot..

lol..i was thinking..maybe the reason

why he was chosen was bec. wg thought

that he looked like taeyang...

the were so sweet...

Guest valentino_rossi46

You guys get to try this! It’s FUN!!!!

40.jpg

Seulong, Yubin, Sun, Min and Jo Kwon show you how to have some fun when you take pictures or record video clips! You’ve already done that before? But still, they are cute, aren’t they??

Yubin: Hurt my feeling…..I just need to be confidence with the lyrics…scary….carol….splendid lights.. tears in my eyes

Seulong: Hahaaha..uhhm

Yubin: What are you tiring to do? Haahaaa

Seulong: It’s so funny!

Sun: Haaahaa

Jo Kwon: Let’s do this

Sun: I can’t do it~ You guys show it….(To the camera) you guys are watching a show show!

Jo Kwon: Only my upper lip works

Sun: You have to dry your lips before doing that.

Jo Kwon: You do this really good~

Min: I’m the best doing this, I’m the first person who started…. I have done this for 8 years!

Jo Kwon: Why it doesn’t work? Hey!

Min: Cause Sun is moving

Jo Kwon: Stay still…I’m scratching you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VgvKVBeahSs

AUDREY magazine (an Asian-American woman's mag) named WG as one of its Best of 2010. Congrats!

The others chosen are Jang Dong Gun (Korean actor), Jay Chou (Taiwanese  pop idol), Archie Panjabi (British-Indian actress), & BoA.

Not sure if it will appear in print format -- definitely a collector's copy, if so. Meanwhile, here is the online feature.

screenhunter01dec201504.jpg

Best of 2010: Overseas Crossovers

Post by Rachel • December 19, 2010 • Post a comment

As if making it in the film business isn’t hard enough, try making it in another country. This year, we’ve selected a few greats for overcoming the language barrier (or at least mastering the accent) and becoming well-known in both their native country and in America....

[skipped to WG portion.]

Wonder Girls are a South Korean girl band group.  They debuted in 2007 with their hit song “Tell Me” in Korea. They entered into the American market in 2009 with the single “Nobody.”  “Nobody” was the first song by a Korean group to have entered the Billboard Hot 100. After a successful run opening for the Jonas Brothers on the Jonas Brothers World Tour 2009, the Wonder Girls went on a world tour of their own in 2010, hitting more than two dozen cities in the U.S. and Canada. They also released the EP/single “2 Different Tears,” with a video starring Korean American comedian Bobby Lee. MTV Korea premiered a reality show that introduced the Wonder Girl’s everyday life in the United States, and on October 18th, the Wonder Girls’ management company JYP announced that the Wonder Girls were shooting a television series about five talented Asian pop stars crossing over to the United States that would be broadcast in the States.

Source: http://audreymagazine.com/

Archived