Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest valentino_rossi46

Who is the “Anne of Green Gables” in WG?

38.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wf0gWOgYHVE

Yubin: Hold it like this. Hold it like this and take it.

Sohee: Please hold this up to here (to the camera guy)

Sohee: My face is puffy today, so I’m going to be a producer and I will film our members VERY pretty~

Yenny: Film it really pretty and beautiful. Take it in 45 degree angle. That’s the best angle.

Yubin: : Like this, like this.. haha

Sohee: Your hair color is different from “Nobody”

Yubin: Yes, it’s red hair. Call me Yubin the red hair

Yenny: It’s me. “Anne of Green Gables”

Yubin: You were! Now it’s black.

Yenny: ….cute girl even though she’s not pretty..she is adorable (singing)

Yubin: That’s right! Even though she’s not pretty..that is important

Yenny: “Anne of Green Gables” was my nickname when I was in 6th grade .

Yubin: Was it?

Yenny: The scary Anne of Green Gables hahahaha (singing)

Yubin: Really?

Yenny: Let’s practice~

See Saying I love u fancam, cant stop laughing when Ye Eun hold the fan boy's hand and Yoo Bin broke them apart, lol, and Ye Eun's shy smile after that

Btw, a little bit off topic, if anyone have never seen JYP's performance, should see this clip

101218 KBS Sketchbook JYP with Miss A Cut

U will know the reason why JYP said on stage Sun Ye is the closest to him, JYP and Sun Ye nearly bring the same feeling when they perform :), it's passionate, although JYP is producer, CEO, actor (lol)... but singing, dancing and stage is definitely his life, the same as Sun Ye :). After her dad pass, seeing her in Vancouver and performing, i know stage is her life, she can so happy on stage, instead of crying and sadness in Korea (if she chose not go to Canada at that time)

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

thnx all for sharing the fancoms and pics and with the makeup I think yeeun look good with blond hair lol or should I say the yellow hair .. I loved saying I Love u performance and seeing how the girls interacted with the male fan that they were singing to some how made me respect them and love the girls more and I wish if the girls would come in the future to Dubai btw does anyone knows how many people attend the concert ?

^

JY seems younger onstage, can't wait for the JYP Nation cams. The man is so proud of his family of artists.

Sorry for the off-topic, but by looking at that performance a long-time question popped up.

I understand that normally live KPop performances don't have a band performing on-stage, except a few artists.

Is that a canonic rule of KPop or just an arrangement for containing the costs (as the genre is still fighting for getting a higher recognition)? Judging from the wide musical knowledge that producers have, and especially by the influencers of JYPE productions, I would see a live band as a natural part of the shows.

Imagining a Wonder Girls tour with a live band, it could be so different and entertaining...

A lot of HK news reports to cover. Here are the 1st batch of translations for today.

screenhunter01dec181831.jpg

Source: http://www.881903.co...1&csid=501_1700

WG performs 'Nobody' thrice in Hong Kong concert

Commercial Radio HK 2010-12-18 13:24

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) held their 1st Hong Kong concert at the AsiaWorld Arena last night. The quintet put out all the stops, energetically singing & dancing for a full 90 minutes.

It appears that the ticket price reduction from HKD 800 to HKD $288 was a success. WG's concert last night was up to 90 percent filled. The girls were dressed in black translucent costumes & black bras. They kicked off with 'So Hot', fiercely swinging their hips in a belly dance. WG of global 'Nobody' fame performed 3 versions of this classic throughout the night: a ballad version, a rock version, & for the encore a 'Nicam' (slang for multilingual stereo sound) version in Korean, English & Mandarin. It seemed like they were determined to satisfy the fan demand for the song.

During the concert, the quintet of Yoobin, Sohee, LIM, Sunye & Yeeun also performed solo turns to showcase their individual talents. The yellow-haired Yeeun played the piano & sang, then climbed up on it & danced enthusiastically. Later, the girls also invited a male fan onstage & took turns posing for chummy photos with him, causing the audience to respond deafeningly. During 'Tell Me', Yeeun took a wrong step & almost fell. Fortunately, it was just a brief scare.

Many Hong Kong celebrities turned up last night in support. Chrisine Au Yeung [the MC at WG's THE ONE event] & Kay Tse brought their sons along. 2R's Race & Rosanne Wong were present; the pregnant Rosanne has yet to undergo an ultra-scan for her fetus's sex. Dada Chan [a bosomy model] said she was wearing flat shoes to nurse a foot sprain. '3D Sex & Zen' male lead Hiro Hayama also showed up by himself. Joseph Lau's girlfriend Gumby [they were at THE ONE event] kept a low profile.

Reporter: Miki Leung

Commercial Radio HK's WG photos:

31231120101218132959.jpg

"WG's 1st Hong Kong concert attracted a large number of worshipping fans."

31231120101218133055.jpg

"Group member Yeeun specially dyed her hair yellow & was full of freshness."

31231120101218133327.jpg

"WG performed the ever-listenable 'Nobody' in 3 versions during the night."

31231120101218133415.jpg

"WG & cute tots pose for a photo."

31231120101218133503.jpg

"Outside the arena was a souvenir stand; the cheapest merchandise on sale was a HKD 60 WG paper fan."

- - - - - - - - - -

entqqcoma20101218000103.jpg

Source: http://ent.qq.com/a/...1218/000103.htm

WONDERGIRLS bats for 'Hon Lau' [pun on 'Hallyu' & refers to the cold weather], raising temperatures with their energetic singing & dancing

Tencent QQ 2010-12-18 07:58

Tencent QQ entertainment news, December 18, Hong Kong. Popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS held their 1st Hong Kong concert last night. The weather was a low 11ºC (51.8 ºF), but the girls raised temperatures with their energetic singing & dancing. They also spoke in Cantonese to the fans. Not surprisingly, the show played to a full house. Even Dada Chan & the pregnant Rosanne Wong braved the cold to cheer them on!

Korean idol group WONDREGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame held a concert at the AsiaWorld Arena last night (December 17). It was a box-office success, drawing a capacity crowd. The show kicked off with WONDERGIRLS dressed in black. Yeeun, Yoobin, Sunye, Sohee & LIM were wearing low-cut costumes. Besides Yeeun, a scene stealer with her recently-dyed yellow hair, LIM was also eye candy by wearing hot pants & flashing her legs during her solo. The girls warmed up with their classic songs 'So Hot' & 'I Wanna' at the beginning, exhilarating all by constantly swinging their hips. They also came prepared, shouting out in Cantonese: "Hello everybody!" & promoting loud screeches from the excited Hong Kong fans.

[skipped the rest, which is about the celebrities in attendance.]

44731876.jpg

'The Hong Kong-born worked extra hard during the concert in her hometown.'

44731877.jpg

'WG raised the AsiaWorld-Expo's temperature with their songs & dances.'

44731878.jpg

'WG's 'Nobody' is, of course, a must-have for their concerts.'

44731879.jpg

'The cold weather fails to dampen the indestructible fans' enthusiasm.'

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter03dec182015.jpg

Source: http://orientaldaily.../00282_008.html

No WONDER BABY segment due to the 11ºC cold weather

Oriental Daily 010-12-18

Before WG's concert began last night, there were also many WG souvenirs for sale outside, including sensuous photos of the 5 girls. The most popular purchases were the photobook & A4 clear folder package (6 pieces), selling at HKD 110.

Separately, the organizers had originally planned for a group of 'Wonder Baby' kids to perform at the concert. But the cold weather yesterday caused temperatures to hover aound 11ºC. They decided to cancel the segment & not risk the children's health.

121800282008b1.jpg

121800282008b2.jpg

'WG is in town to perform & diehard fans must, of course, buy the souvenirs to show support.'

- - - - - - - - - -

WG's HK concert is mentioned only at the start & end of this report.

Can't find the WG media pic online to go with the photo caption.

hknewsyahoocomarticle10.jpg

Source: http://hk.news.yahoo.com/article/101217/3/ltnu.html

WONDERGIRLS singalongs at their concert; Kim Hyun Joong's arrival causes airport commotion

Sing Tao Daily 2010-12-18 Saturday 06:30

(Sing Tao Daily report) Popular Kpop idols invaded Hong Kong yesterday. In addition to girlgroup WONDERGIRLS holding a concert, SS501 group leader Kim Hyun Joong also arrived yesterday to attend an online awards event [i.e. Yahoo's Buzz Awards].

[skipped non-WG portion.]

WONDERGIRLS's concert last night was 80 percent filled. They opened the show with their singalong song 'So Hot', prompting the fans to dance right away & sing back in great response.

■ WONDERGIRLS sang & danced, thrilling all right from the start.

Guest michita22

I just realize that the flowers from Jaycee Chan are in Wonder Girls favourite colors

Lim : Pink

Sohee : Black

YeEun: Torqoise

SunYe:Blue

Yoobin: Red

How sweet ^_^

Anyway, does anyone know how to watch Wonder Girls interview in WinWin last MAy? It used to be on Youtube but i cant find it anymore, I just miss the girls and want to watch old interviews,, thank u :)

Guest lacus_jj

Anyway, does anyone know how to watch Wonder Girls interview in WinWin last MAy? It used to be on Youtube but i cant find it anymore, I just miss the girls and want to watch old interviews,, thank u :)

you can download it on wgspectacle

:)

Guest valentino_rossi46

I just realize that the flowers from Jaycee Chan are in Wonder Girls favourite colors

Lim : Pink

Sohee : Black

YeEun: Torqoise

SunYe:Blue

Yoobin: Red

How sweet ^_^

It's random or he know the girls favorite color ? how sweet :)

Btw, Hongkong audience are more than Malay concert, they are allow to bring professional camera too so the quality of fancam and photos are so good

However, even Malay concert with bad quality fancam, but hear WF cheering make me happy enough, HK fancams were good, but the cheering is not loud, they have stage extension but the communication bt fans and the girls are not really good, too bad Malay concert dont have stage extension

Aigoo, it's make me regret that i didnt travel to Malay to attend their concert last week T_T

orientaldailyoncccntent.jpg

Source: http://orientaldaily.../00282_006.html

WG's maiden Hong Kong concert: 'So Hot' & banishing the cold

Oriental Daily 2010-12-18

Korean girlgroup WONDERIRLS (WG) held their 1st Hong Kong concert last night. It played to a full house. WONDERGIRLS sang & danced, swung their hips & S-lines to win over the fans, instantly raising temperatures amid the cold weather.

Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) held their 1st Hong Kong concert last night at the AsiaWorld Arena. It played to a full house. During the opening segment, WG appeared dressed in black,  with Yeeun, Yoobin, Sunye, Sohee & LIM showing off a little cleavage. LIM was also the only one to wear shorts, showing plenty of leg without fearing the cold. The quintet kicked off with their classic 'So Hot' & 'I Wanna' as a warm-up, singing & dancing, swinging their hips & S-lines to instantly raise temperatures & causing the fans to screech nonstop. The girls then greeted with "Hello everybody" in Cantonese, prompting deafening cheers from the whole audience.

Interested in breaking into moviedom

In a recent interview, WG had mentioned an album release for next year. It will have English, Mandarin & Korean songs, so what about singing in Cantonese? Group member Yeeun said: "We do not have any plans for Cantonese songs yet. But if the fans are enthusiastic & want me to sing it, I will satisfy them."

WG also has a cameo role in the new film 'Last Godfather' which will be released in Korea at month's end. Asked about acting in movies & TV dramas, the quintet unanimously expressed their interest. Sohee & Yeeun even suggested action films, while Yoobin went for romances.

LIM took advantage to visit family

Christmas is around the corner. Yeeun said that after completing their company's Christmas gig, she & her fellow disciples from 2PM & missA are having a party. WG's management is in town for a talent search. Do the girls have any audition tips to share with the participants? Group leader Sunye said: "Most important is to show enthusiasm while performing. (Is a multilinguist like LIM an advantage?)  But of course. It will come useful someday while releasing English & Mandarin songs." The Hong Kong-born LIM also took advantage of the concert date to spend time with her family.

121800282006b1.jpg

"WONDERGIRLS held a concert at the AsiaWorld Arena, their signature dance moves leaving the whole audience at an explosive HIGH."

121800282006b2.jpg

"LIM showed off her legs while her teammates sang & danced to win over the fans."

121800282006b3.jpg

"The WG quintet were looking forward to their Hong Kong concert."

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter05dec182244.jpg

Source: http://news.mingpao....101218/mbb1.htm

Rosanne Wong at WONDERGIRLS concert for prenatal education

Ming Pao 2010-12-18 Saturday 05:05

[Ming Pao news] Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS of 'Nobody' fame in Asia held a concert at AsiaWorld Arena yesterday. The show attracted many Hong Kong celebrities, including Rosanne Wong & her sister Race Wong, Dada Chan, Hiro Hayama & others. The attendance rate was 95 percent. WONDERGIRLS kicked off their 8pm show 35 minutes late. The quintet wore black leather costumes as they performed 'So Hot' & "I Wanna'. Their energetic dancing was ardently received by the fans.

[Omitted the rest.]

mb18mb012.jpg

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter04dec182226.jpg

Source: http://news.ftv.com....09M1&type=Class

WONDERGIRLS concert in Hong Kong

FTV News 2010-12-18

Popular Korean girlgroup of 'Nobody' fame held a concert in Hong Kong on December 17. Their dazzling songs & dances had the whole audience swaying along with them.

Dressed smartly in black leather costumes, WONDERGIRLS kicked off with their hit single 'So Hot'. Previously focused on the US market, the girls have spent the last half-year back in Asia. This solo concert in Hong Kong was part of their tour, & also their 1st large-scale show. It was 10°C cold outside, but the quintet performed hit song after hit song, leaving the whole audience bubbling with elation.

Group member LIM had grown up in Hong Kong, so she was returning to perform in what is her 2nd homeland. Yeeun appeared in her compelling yellow-hair concept. The quintet also presented a newly-choreographed dance routine for the fans to watch.

WONDERGIRLS's itinerary was packed all year as 'Nobody' swept Asia. Given their explosive popularity, next year ought to be busier than ever.

- - - - - - - - - - -

WG's career summary in a separate The Sun (HK) article.

Self-explanatory, so I won't translate further. The article title reads as "Their breakout hit reached America"

screenhunter06dec190002.jpg

Source: http://the-sun.on.cc...ubdate=20101218

Guest lacus_jj

woah....it seems like wonder girls concert in hongkong has a lot of positive reviews!!

congrats to our girls for the successful concert!!

and i hope they come visit my country and held a concert :wub:

Different pose in the WG photo.

thesunoncccntentertainm.jpg

Source: http://the-sun.on.cc.../00470_002.html

2011 goal: learning Cantonese songs

The Sun (HK) 2010-12-18

WONDERGIRLS (WG) of global 'Nobody' fame sat for a media interview before their concert. Besides singing & performing, WONDERGIRLS has now stepped into moviedom too. They have a cameo role in the new film 'Last Godfather', which will be released at month's end. In it, they were performing their popular classic 'Nobody'. Asked about acting in a movie or TV drama, the quintet unanimously expressed their interest. Sohee & Yeeun wanted to be in action films, while Yeeun wanted to try a romance film.

WG mentioned that they are releasing a new album next year. It will have Mandarin, English & Korean songs. They are also not ruling out a Cantonese version. Yeeun said: "We do not have any plans for Cantonese songs yet. But if the fans are enthusiastic & want me to sing it, I will satisfy them."

It is Christmas next week. Yeeun disclosed that after completing their company's Christmas gig, she & her fellow disciples from 2PM & missA will have some merriment by having a party.

121800470002b1.jpg

"Having completed last night's Hong Kong show, WG is celebrating Christmas with Korean fans next week."

Found an article that mentioned WG winning the Yahoo Buzz Award.

I don't read allkpop but, while searching for info, found they did a hideous job reporting the event.

Frankly, they are completely out of their depth since the Chinese media place it as a largely Sino-dominated event i.e. the focus was on Yahoo HK & Yahoo Taiwan winners.

Yahoo Korea winners were not the main attraction. Despite their star power, the local media grouped them more or less in a broad Hallyu category. (Dunno what happened with the Yahoo Indonesia polls).

In the HK context, it is one of them awards shows where everyone gets a prize by turning up. The publicity & hype is more important.

Still, Yahoo is a brand name & WG's award is worth including in their resume. Well, not at wikipedia (WG's bio there is based on Korea's, yet half-complete) but it will certainly appear in the Chinese bibliographies.

For prosperity's sake, I have translated only the category WG had won for.

The awards are a deluge, with flowery descriptions I don't bother with even for the main winners. (As I recall,  there were 3-4 online polls for each of the 4 designated countries. But they gave out over 50 prizes.)

WG is supposed to have recorded a video message accepting the award. Anyone saw a copy?

hkmusicyahoocommagazine.jpg

Source: http://hk.music.yaho...9&articleid=439

Hong Kong, Taiwan & Korean superstars buzzing at awards event

Yahoo Music HK 2010-12-18

The year is ending, & it is time for various major media entities to award music achievements. The 8th Yahoo Buzz Awards 2010 was first off the mark last night, with over 2,000 spectators witnessing the presentation of more than 50 prizes. The organizers also arranged for the event to be streamed live online.

[skipped to WG portion.]

Kim Hyun Joong, Jang Geun Suk, WONDERGIRLS maintain Hallyu's appeal

Kim Hyun Joong of Korean TV dramas 'Boy Over Flowers' & 'It Started With A Kiss' fame bagged 3 prizes: XXX, XXX, XXX. Jang Geun Suk, who captured thousands of hearts in the TV drama 'You're Beautiful', won for XXX & XXX. Another Korean powerhouse was WONDERGIRLS of well-known 'Nobody' fame in Asia. They won for 亞洲最具號召力韓國女藝人 ('Asia's most appealing Korean female artist'). The girls were unable to attend due to their concert,  but had recorded a video message thanking netizens for their support.

[skipped the rest.]

Guest wonderr23

I don't read allkpop but, while searching for info, found they did a hideous job reporting the event.

Frankly, they are completely out of their depth since the Chinese media place it as a largely Sino-dominated event i.e. the focus was on Yahoo HK & Yahoo Taiwan winners.

Yahoo Korea winners were not the main attraction. Despite their star power, the local media grouped them more or less in a broad Hallyu category. (Dunno what happened with the Yahoo Indonesia polls).

In the HK context, it is one of them awards shows where everyone gets a prize by turning up. The publicity & hype is more important.

Well..this is just sad. I don't know if the AKP staff did a lousy job of covering the event or whether they were blatantly expressing their displeasure of Wondergirls. FYI, AKP is publicly known by some as anti-wg due to many events of excluding Wondergirls on their reports(i.e award achievements, recognition etc.) So...i really don't have a say on this. I can only express my disgust due to unfair treatments as such. Unbelievably up to this day THEY still hold the title of the most followed/visited Kpop site(in an international scale).*shrugs*

^

No. Except for davidleung01's twitpic, no English source has mentioned WG winning a Yahoo Buzz Award yet.

allkpop had previously translated a Newsen report questioning the online voting patterns. That's par for the course (happens to Korean award polls all the time too).

But they chose to ignore Yahoo Korea's defense in that article & tried to discredit it in their results update.

How ignorant & disrespectful. Don't opine if you are clueless as to how other entertainment industries work elsewhere.

But enough with the rant. Moving on...

- - - - - - - - - - -

newshotpothkfruitartmai.jpg

Source: http://news.hotpot.h...art_id=14778535

Hong Kong stars bring their families to enjoy 'Nobody'; WG sings their hit numerously in the concert

Apple Daily 2010-12-18

Popular idol group WONDERGIRLS (WG) held their maiden Hong Kong concert at AsiaWorld Arena last night. Many Hong Kong stars brought their families to the show. WG was interviewed backstage & disclosed that they enjoyed singing their signature song in every country they visit.

Korean idol group WONDERGIRLS held a concert at AsiaWorld Arena last night. Pretty models Dada Chan & Liz Li, Takuya Suzuki, ex-Cookies member Angela Au, Hiro Hayama, girlgroup 2R & others were in attendance. Christine Au Yeung brought along her son. Kay Tse came with her family of 3. 2R's Rosanne is 4 months' pregnant: "Tonight's concert is for prenatal education. I am also wearing flats, so as to dance." The venue was 95 percent filled. WONDEGIRLS kicked off the show with 'So Hot' & 'I Wanna' to a great reception.

WONDERGIRLS became famous for 'Nobody', with countless versions of the song appearing on Youtube. Asked during the interview if 'Nobody' was too successful & hence too pressurizing to follow up on, group leader Sunye said: "Not so much pressure. It is better to say we have greater responsibility to create good songs."

'Nobody''s great popularity enabled WG to expand beyond Korea & break into new markets. Whether in America or other Asian countries, the fans won't be satisfied until they hear this song. WG has performed it several thousand times, but does not feel apathetic yet: "On the contrary, we enjoy it very much. The fans know the song, so it is great when everyone is singing together."

WG had opened for Justin Bieber's Los Angeles concert at the start of this year. The 2 sides have lost contact, but the girls treated it as a rare experience. Group member Yoobin said: "We felt he was like a kid brother, very young, but also an outstanding singer." Former group member Sunmi's exit was brought up. The girls say they keep in time every now & then, & that their sisterly bond remains strong.

Yellow hair, purple next

Yeeun dyed her hair yellow before coming to Hong Kong. Why the sudden switch to a new look? She laughed: "Everyone asks me this. It is simply cuz my black hair was becoming too boring. I wanna dye it purple next time!" When WG was in Singapore, they had found time to visit the Universal Studios theme park. For this rare visit to Hong Kong, they aimed to have as much fun as possible. The Hong Kong-raised LIM spoke in Cantonese: "We want to go to the Ocean Park oceanarium most of all. They have many motorized games to play with, & also cable car rides." Post-Hong Kong, WG will return to Korea for the JYP Nation Christmas concert, & then to America to prepare for the album release.

Interview: Liang Wanxia

a62261c6cc6caee48226acd.jpg

d984e683a922f495bc3e1ed.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

Weibo, unlike Twitter, has loads of HK concert pics. I see only a minority posted here.

WGTW (registration needed, but no further restrictions) & Baidu now have a bunch of original contributions too.

If nobody else volunteers, I will take my time to copy them over.

Wanna share these for now.

First pic: Doesn't Yeeun look like Mavis Hee, the Singapore singer from the '90s?

V

0d4ff81062586d1cf819b8a.jpg

Cr: as tagged + katyhwang @ Baidu Minsunye Nar

1012180908bbe2a5416f564.jpg

1012180908cb65c2980be7e.jpg

1012180909ac892f52c1c54.jpg

1012180909e30d23ac70b6a.jpg

5270331284fd49672753z.jpg

10121809093d8f5ebc0f0ef.jpg

Cr: WG酒红色, kumera @ WGTW

Guest twinzone

[HD] 20101216 Wonder Girls @ 時奇生活Guide