Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Too bad WGHK has walled off lurkers from peeking at their WG fanpics.

FYI A few HK fans have posted hundreds of concert photos, just as they did for the WG promotional visit 2 weeks ago.

But they are not sharing. Neither have copies appear at WGTW (Taiwan) or WGCN (China) or Baidu.

Yet I know they lurk here for updates. Ah well, what to do...

- - - - - - - - -

^ Why in HK concert fans didnt cheer as loud as expected ?

I don't think the WF community is that big, judging by the fan attendance when WG was in town.

Like Singapore, there is always going to be more 'Nobody' fans than WFs over there.

Along with more Kpop fans (i.e. follow other idols) who also like WG, as opposed to hardcore WFs. But then this is WG's global fanbase nowadays, minus the 'Nobody' migratory birds.

I also think HK is 12-18 months behind Southeast Asia & Taiwan in riding on the Kpop boom, despite their strategic location.

Still a very throwback town, though. Their music fans love pop concerts, & their print media coverage is still second to none (vs. Internet platforms).

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I went to explore the WG AION Taiwan portal. It's pretty picturesque, with a lot of amazing WG art.

Lemme bring some over....

aioninfoplaynccomtwwebe.png

screenhunter04dec180527.jpg

freshman10.jpg

headbt.jpg

Source (click around): http://aioninfo.play...08/event_03.asp

They also have an ongoing poster/banner designing competition.

I like these fan submissions. Some are animated gifs (not sure if they will replicate over here).

One of them foreshadowed Yeeun's new hairstyle!

I spot a JYP spoof too. Plus one elf on a motorcycle that reminds me of Nichkhun.

aionforwg.jpg

More:

e69caae591bde5908d1.gif

e69caae591bde5908d2.jpg

000001qo.jpg

65634659.jpg

35576388.gif

12494922.jpg

aion00012800129.jpg

aion0092wondergirls2.jpg

w0gqbc.gif

21495153.jpg

xmasbanner1775552.jpg

e69caae591bde5908d1.jpg

a22hz.jpg

xmasbanner1775552.jpg

351t.jpg

sucaiwxztp7531005be8bd8.jpg

43280956.jpg

aione58f83e981b8e6b5b7e.jpg

wgd121.jpg

wgd122.jpg

wgd123.jpg

wgt121.jpg

wgt122.jpg

wgt123.jpg

wondergirlsf.jpg

wondergirl.jpg

72639327.jpg

76638672.jpg

gyuk.jpg

layoute68bb7e8b29d.jpg

photo0.jpg

poster2nx.jpg

Source (has more): http://aion.plaync.c...1&articleID=170

Guest yubin4ever

The girls look so good at the Hong Kong concert. Yenny's blond hair is such a good idea performance wise. It really draws your attention right towards her. And it looks so good now to me.

But does anyone know what were the new extra dances that the WG's have been preparing for? I looked at the Nobody, Tell Me, and Irony performances for the Hong Kong concert but they all look the same. Great but the same lol. Does anyone know what songs have the new dance moves?

Guest ussobayo

OMG the one they sang saying i love you to is patbrezee. The guy from youtube that sings them birthday songs. How sweet. And he's wearing YeEunimpact shirt! Awesome. Lucky him

Guest i.said.goodbye

Yenny's SOLO in HK concert

She sounds AMAZING! A true super star :wub:

My favourite part was when she was standing on the piano and singing! <33

WG interview on ATV's HOME channel's 時尚生活Guide ('Lifestyle Guide') show.

http://app2.hkatv.co...program=1000183

It's in Cantonese & Korean, with Chinese subtitles.

Summary:

- Asked about special items for HK concert, Sohee said the WG members would perform solo turns & each one is unique.

- Asked about living up to 'Nobody', Yeeun agreed about the pressure but is also happy that everyone loves the song & WG's overall repertoire (eg. 2DT).

- Asked about performing non-Korean songs, Yoobin said they have prepared Chinese song(s) & encouraged all to sing along.

- Asked about USA plans, Sunye said they are returning to Korea (JYPNation concert) before going to America to "record for the new album" (huh? MV? new song?). She then switched topics by saying WG is glad to have LIM's parents watch their daughter perform in HK for the 1st time.

- Asked about her 'homecoming', LIM said she missed HK when she was in Korea & had been waiting for the concert for ages.

- - - - - - - - - -

Found this blurb. I think it plans to sell to other broadcasters. Dunno if the clip will be made public yet.

APTN (Associated Press Television News) Weekly Planner - Planned Coverage

Wonder Girls Take On Hong Kong Friday, 17 December 2010

Korean pop sensation 'Wonder Girls' thrilled thousands of Hong Kong fans  with their first large scale concert '1st Wonder' at Asia World arena  on Friday, 17 December 2010. The all-girl South Korean pop group debuted  in 2007 with the album 'The Wonders Begin'. The group released singles  'So Hot' and 'Nobody' in 2008, which topped the charts around Asia.

(Entertainment Update bulletin)

- - - - - - - - - - -

neoimgimg7480t.jpg

neoimgimg7548t.jpg

neoimgimg7612t.jpg

neoimgimg7782t.jpg

neoimgimg8029t.jpg

neoimgimg8047t.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest valentino_rossi46

Wonder Girls’ Sunye & Ye Eun pose in front of a Christmas tree

20101218_yeseun_1.jpg

Wonder Girls‘ Sunye uploaded a picture she took with Ye Eun in front of a Christmas tree on her Twitter.

Ye Eun is seen leaning affectionately towards Sunye with a peace sign while Sunye is smiling, instantly warming the hearts of netizens.

Netizens commented, “So pretty! Have a good Christmas!,” “Seeing them together feels so good,” “Where are the other members?,” and “We want a group picture of the Wonder Girls!”

allkpop

Archived