Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest wonderr23

Shop where the Wonder Girls shop

By Cheong Poh Kwan

WONDERING where the Wonder Girls shop back home in Seoul? Do the five-member girl group go for the latest street fashion, or classic designer labels?

The answers to these burning questions on the minds of K-pop fans can now be found in Seoulful Living: Korean Celebrity Hotspots, a recently-published guide to celebrity sighting in Seoul.

The book also details where young K-pop groups like Super Junior and Girls' Generation go to have their manga-inspired hairstyles or babylicious makeup done.

K-drama and K-pop fans in Singapore who have come home disappointed after a fruitless celebrity sighting trip in Korea may find the guide helpful, as it zooms in on the exact fashion boutiques, dining outlets and beauty salons where Hallyu stars frequent, instead of recommending just the major popular shopping districts like Dongdaemun and Apgujeong.

The recently-published guide was written by former celebrity DJ Tan Li Yi, after she spent 10 days researching in the bustling capital of South Korea. The Ngee Ann Polytechnic lecturer is also the author of Korea Jjang!, a bestselling travel guide which hit the shelves in 2006.

Tan will name her top picks for celebrity spotting on RazorTV. Don't miss it if you want to shop where the Wonder Girls shop, and eat where Park Shin Yang eats.

Source: The Straits Times

---

^i soo want this.XD

Shop where the Wonder Girls shop

By Cheong Poh Kwan

Straits Times, not Straight Times. LOL

I've browsed through it at the bookshop & an ongoing book fair. It's a more of a travel book, cleverly targeted at Hallyu & Kpop fans but otherwise just contains pretty scenic photos.

The book also has 'credibility' cuz the author used to be one of the biggest Kpop supporters in the broadcast media here.

She was a Chinese radio DJ (ala Taiwan's Ken Wu, although she did not double as a VJ) & also the MC for many Kpop events, fanmeets, etc. So many local fans had grown up with her.

Heard she is a polytechnic lecturer now, but I see she is still fixated on the music genre.

Lemme see if I can scan the relevant pages when the book becomes available in the local libraries.

- - - - - - - -

zax -- Thanks for sharing the fanpics. Feel free to share a fanaccount too!

- - - - - - - -

Yahoo SG blogged about the Kpop scene here, using WG as a lead-in.

But it is more of a general article so I am posting the link in lieu of cut-&-pasting.

What’s fuelling Singapore’s K-pop craze?

http://sg.yfittopost...es-k-pop-craze/

- - - - - - -

685a2d0bjw6dcevdj40asj.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Guest ashenlo

The website Daum has recently released their list of the most popular Korean idols from 1-41 based upon the size of their fan clubs.

The internet portal website Daum has recently released their list of the most popular Korean idol groups for November of 2010 based upon the index of members in their fan club. Keep in mind that these rankings are reevaluated monthly.

Check out the details of the top 10 below:

Artist/ Number of Members in Fanclub/ Decrease (-) or Increase (+) of Members

1. TVXQ (DBSK) 764,146/-2478

2. Big Bang 350,955/ -1472

3. Girls’ Generation (SNSD) 305,438/ +59

4. SS501 245,373/ -1387

5. 2PM 206,789/ -2568

6. Super Junior 192,196/ -1264

7. BEAST 144,370/ +9968

8. SHINee 127,408/ +253

9. Shinhwa 107,691

10. Wonder Girls 104,379/ -874

hopefully the girls will stay in the top 10 until they release their new song!

cr:dkpopnews.net

Found a HK news clip of WG arriving at airport: http://ent.i-cable.c...?video_id=18489

Sohee, Yeeun, LIM, Yoobin & (trailing behind) Sunye came out, in that order.

The procession then broke up a bit as they switched to walk in another direction.

Eventually Yeeun took the lead, & became the media's focus. (Not surprisingly, given her striking hair.)

She waved, then smiled instead of taking up a reporter's request to say hello to HK via his mike.

There's a brief article accompanying the video, gimme a minute to translate it. Done.

In the meantime, here are the screenshots.

BTW Loved the sound of the girls' individual names (recited during the Cantonese voiceover). Very lyrical.

70893417.jpg

28631139.jpg

64309861.jpg

36706503.jpg

69667916.jpg

23505755.jpg

48280623.jpg

61826584.jpg

13632621.jpg

16471478.jpg

92131237.jpg

WG arrives in Hong Kong weary & sans makeup

HKCTV (Cable TV Hong Kong) 2010-12-16 19:54

Korean girlgroup WONDEGIRLS (WG) flew into Hong Kong today to prepare for their upcoming concert. Their flight arrived later than scheduled; several group members also looked weary after deplaning. They also did not wear makeup, & only smiled in response to the reporters' prompting.

WG in Jiangsu TV New Year's Eve promo videos

http://www.tudou.com...ew/fJ9rsAD_hi4/

http://www.tudou.com...ew/mFEFyaZsVfw/

Screenshots:

screenhunter12dec170203.jpg

screenhunter13dec170204.jpg

screenhunter14dec170211.jpg

- - - - - - - - - -

Still no info on the guest performers (artiste pros) for the HK concert.

IZ, the Malaysian opener at Genting, had tweeted about going to HK when he & WG had supper together post-show. (I think he is joking.)

But it looks like at least 2 amateur acts are involved in the HK concert: a dance crew & a bunch of toddlers. Hmm, won't the latter be overwhelmed performing to thousands by themselves?

screenhunter15dec170255.jpg

Source: http://orientaldaily.../00282_103.html

WONDERGIRLS concert has T.O.D. as show openers

Oriental Daily News 2010-12-16

Popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS (WG) is holding a Hong Kong concert tomorrow night. The organizers had selected a bunch of 'BB-Wonder Baby' contestants to be guest performers. They held another competition a few days ago to pick another dancer group for the same. Since WG's management is coming to town for a talent search, 10 teams from dance schools came together to contend that day. In the end, the male quintet T.O.D. was the winner. They were evidently very excited during the prize-giving.

Another highlight of the day was female kid's quintet IDS BABY. When they danced to WG's well-known 'Nobody', the audience response was tremendously receptive.

- - - - - - - - - -

A Weibo user tweeted that this kid is performing at WG's concert.

66eab225tw6dcdbr2p8e6j.jpg

Cr: as tagged

- - - - - - - - - - -

IZ's messages on his Twitter & Facebook.

Morning! Gona hv brekky & mayb go to the Genting Theme Park with SoHee & Yubin frm WonderGirls haha kiddin! December 11 at 5:12pm

I had a fab time opening for WONDERGIRLS and to actually speak & hv supper with them, they're English is actually quite gud. Also receivd  the best treatment frm organiser, StarPlanet...Wow! 1st class! My sound  was way above average! I'm so happy everythg went so well! Rocked d  stage wit Soul Kraz...y... Wanna do more! I'm a happy boy hehe December 11 at 10:48pm

Source: http://www.facebook....ZSulaini?v=wall

Omg we just had a whole conversation with wondergirls!!! And Hong Kong is next! 11:35 PM Dec 11th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Soul Krazy and me having supper together with Wondergirls but no photos are allowed :( 11:08 PM Dec 11th via Twitter for BlackBerry®

Source: http://twitter.com/IZ0IAM2

47594470389539810129520.jpg

15636347142243481012952.jpg

Cr: IZSulaini Facebook

Guest jcsmark

Wonder Girls' HK concert today, Lim must be really happy!

I found this article http://tw.nextmedia.com/applenews/article/art_id/33042899/IssueID/20101217

Believe it's about Korean special edition album sales in Taiwan for 2010

1.) Super Junior - Bonamana - 57,000

2.) Wonder Girls - Nobody Taiwan Special Edition CD+DVD - 50,000

3.) FTIsland - 原來是美男 - 40,000

4.) SNSD - OH! - 37,000

5.) SHINee - Lucifer - 30,000

Guest uchix_francois

:D

about WG cameo-ing @ The Last Godfather, suddenly I had this image of me screaming excitedly when they showed up at that giant screen, and got angry glares from other spectators, LOL

now waiting for HK concert report... they do promise of something special right ? girls keep making me proud... so happy of being a wonderful because they keep proving how special they are and us to them... honestly I thought I couldn't love them more but from time to time I just find that I'm wrong...

Guest shinhdeplol

Lim tweeted about the concert today :w00t:

Big day today!! (WG concert in HK 2010) YAY :D

Goodluck to the girls and have fun Hongkong Wonderfuls ^^

Sunmi doesnt like the new twitter :lol:

an older version of twitter is much better than a new ver. I wont change it. anyways, its raining.......gosh 비싸움할래-_-???억

Here is the translation of the Taiwan album sales report.

The HK paparazzi has caught up. There are a bunch of WG airport reports today -- I think I saw some other media photos too.

Will post them in my next session after I finish transcribing them.

screenhunter01dec171542.jpg

Source: http://tw.nextmedia....ssueID/20101217

SUPERJUNIOR is Taiwan's bestselling artiste again

2010-12-17 Apple Daily

Chen Ying, Su Weiquan / Taipei report) Kpop idol group SUPERJUNIOR (SJ) is Taiwan's bestselling JKop artiste again with their 'Bonamana' album. In all, it sold 57,000 copies to finish ahead of WONDERGIRLS, SNSD & other belles. The bestselling Jpop artiste is Ayumi Hamasaki, who just edged out Namie Amuro for the crown. But neither topped 10,000 copies in sales. SJ's 'Bonamana' sold 7,000 more copies than WONDERGIRLS. In 3rd place was a dark horse: the 'You're Beautiful' OST album.

WONDERGIRLS ranks 2nd

Jpop album sales figures are not disclosed yet, but the record labels said: "the top 5 bestsellers all surpassed 8,000 copies." The top 2 bestsellers were Ayumi Hamasaki's 'Rock 'n' Roll Circus' & Namie Amuro's 'Past<Future'. TVXQ, KAT-TUN, ARASHI & NEWS followed closely behind.

Hikaru Utada, who is going on hiatus, released a greatest-hits collection last Friday. It has already sold almost 8,000 copies. Hideaki Tokunaga's covers album 'Vocalist 4' is also doing well in Taiwan, with about 6,500 copies sold.

Bestselling Kpop albums in Taiwan for 2010:

1. SUPERJUNIOR, 'Bonamana' 57,000 copies

2. WONDERGIRLS, 'Special Album CD + DVD' 50,000 copoes

3. 'It's Beautiful' OST, 40,000 copies

4. SNSD, 'Oh!' 37,000 copies

5. SHINee, 'Lucifer' 30,000 copies

Period: 2010-01-01 ~ 2010-12-15

Sources: various major record labels / collated by Apple Daily

- - - - - - -

Soompiers, I know some of you switch between threads & your posts are not always circumspect, but play fair when it comes to giving all WG members equal attention.

Lest you end up with the LIM boycotters, intended or not.

Here is her Pacumung sponsor photo; it was not that hard to find.

34b53188a922b279a1ac16a.jpg

Source: http://www.pacumall.com/front/php/b/board_list.php?board_no=8

Guest wonderr23

Straits Times, not Straight Times. LOL

I've browsed through it at the bookshop & an ongoing book fair. It's a more of a travel book, cleverly targeted at Hallyu & Kpop fans but otherwise just contains pretty scenic photos.

The book also has 'credibility' cuz the author used to be one of the biggest Kpop supporters in the broadcast media here.

She was a Chinese radio DJ (ala Taiwan's Ken Wu, although she did not double as a VJ) & also the MC for many Kpop events, fanmeets, etc. So many local fans had grown up with her.

Heard she is a polytechnic lecturer now, but I see she is still fixated on the music genre.

Lemme see if I can scan the relevant pages when the book becomes available in the local libraries.

ROFL! I must've mispelled due to haste! Anyways..it's so kind of you to go thru all that hardwork just to satisfy a fellow wonderful!haha qoxie jjang!!

Oh dear so many updates! Let me start by expressing how gorgeous they are individually in those airport snaps!! Yosa looking so recognizable in her cute yellow hair.LMAO I don't know if i should say this but i want to keep Yeeun!! I wished she was one of those cute mini-toys where you can just put in your pocket and just grab whenever you want to!! Hyerim, Yubin, and Sohee so pretty in their 'no make-up' face. I noticed how Hyerim is looking so pretty by the day. It's not just her hair color. It's her aura!! Something about her seems so different.hmmm.. :D Ninja Sunye in her cute hoodie!!XD Aigoo leadah!! Where were you all this time? :P Just look at those pretty cheeks of hers! I want to pinch it soo bad!!

Taiwan album sales!! :w00t: So great that the girls are just behind their explosive sunbaes Superjunior!! Our girls are so jjang!! I hope everyone will support them more on their future endeavors. WG hwaiting!! Can't wait to witness another wonderyear!!

Guest wonderr23

23100418.jpg

woah!! it's nice to see our 4d with her two unnies!! mimi!! :tears:

cr onedaymaniac & naver

--

edit: isn't that Heidi? Their english teacher?

-----

HK rehearsal pic

2z74nq1.jpg

cr: dcinside

Guest wonderful ♡

OMG SUNMI AND THE UNNIES <3 omg my baby. she looks so pretty omg i've missed her so much ;__;

and wow yeeun's hair is... yellow. that's not a good shade on her. needs to go lighter!

Archived