Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest wonderr23

^

with "e". :P

---

what's this? people are talking about WG's cameo on THE LAST GODFATHER?

47454caa864108d64c0340731d56b374.jpg

the girls rocking the 50s era! Hawt! especially Sunye and Yubin

--

just an ellaboration on the recent news about Wondergirls' cameo appearance in THE LAST GODFATHER. (since a lot of articles are popping out. :wacko: I saw like 10 articles based solely on this topic)

So Wondergirls cameo appearance was said to be a special request by the director/actor himself(Shim Yeongrae). He said it fitted well with their movie which is 50s era. Wondergirls according to him was the best choice for the jazz club scene(duh! Nobody is like 50s and 60s style). Wondergirls' scene is an essential part of the movie as they portray the VIP jazz musicians that the "gang" likes to listen to.XD

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest valentino_rossi46

How old is Kim Hwa Young? Sun Ye's message to her is so sweet :), she is her dance teacher since Sun Ye joined JYPE, I think Hwa Young just around 25 but she works for JYPE nearly 10 years already? She looks young

Sun’s Letter to Her Dance Teacher

37-thum.jpg37-thum.jpg

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xhnrmRsg51E

[sun singing Teacher Appreciation Song]

Sun: OK, everyone together!! haha

[sun sings more]

Sun: wait…not yet [finishes song]

Sun: So, today we are sending a video message to our dance teacher. Because today is 5/15, Teacher’s Day in S.Korea…she’s someone I’ve known for close to 10 years since a time when I didn’t know the first thing about dancing, starting with learning how to do a wave from her, practicing…ah I could still remember those times vividly. I’m really thankful. She’s someone who took care of all our choreography, putting it first before anything she had to do, and working hard to help us grow. Hwa Young unni, thank you so much. If you weren’t here, the Wonder Girls could not have been here either. Yeah, even now. Even 2 Different Tears…haha I’ll do it again. Even this 2 Different Tears song, your professionalism shines throughout the song, we’re very very thankful, and your really AMAZING. Hwa Young unni, thank you and we love you!

Guest songbird86

Well everybody it's that time of year again!

Even though the year isn't over yet, 2010 was deffinately an interesting year for The Wonder Girls and their Wonderfuls alike. From Sunmi going on hiatus, welcoming Lim, the Wonder Girls first U.S. tour/ 1st Malaysian Concert and their up-coming Hong Kong Concert alot of things have happened. This is a time to look back and reflect and also let you wishes for 2011 be heard. So here it a Wonder Girls 2010 questionnaire:

1. What is your fondest WG memory of 2010?

Going to the D.C. ahow of the first U.S. tour

2. What is the saddest WG memory 2010?

SunYe's father passing away

3. What where you hoping to happen 2010?

A full WG english album

4. What surprised you in 2010?

Sunmi going on hiatus

5. What do you wish for Sunye, Yoobin, Yeeun, Sunmi, Sohee, and LIM (seperately) in 2011?

Sunye- Come out with a solo single. Yoobin- Featured on a 2pm track. Yeeun- compose a song for their U.S. debut. Sunmi- Do well in her studies. Sohee- Get an endorsement deal for a fashion brand. Lim- Go on Variety shows, so we can learn more about her

6. What do you wish for the entire group in 2011?

Success!

7. What do you predict will happen for the girls in 2011?

The WGs will release their U.S. debut album in Feb. There will only be five of them on this album. The single will chart Billboard. Later on in the year Sunmi will want to return to the entertainment industry, but because of wanting to stay in S. Korea will not be joining the girls in the U.S. It's likely she'll come out with a solo single album or join up with another artist to create a super duo. I also believe she'll be on a t.v. drama.

*My answers are under the spoiler tabs*

^ Ah, I was working on 2 new Korea Star Daily articles when you posted kpoplive's translation.

Might as well not waste it. Mine is from the Chinese article. Korea Star Daily (Chinese) & TV Daily (Korean) are sister web portals.

twnewsyahoocomarticleur.png

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2j1xs.html

WONDERGIRLS makes film cameo; fans eagerly await as movie still is unveiled

Korea Star Daily update 2010-12-15 17:00

WONDERGIRLS made a cameo appearance in 'The Last Godfather'. A movie still of them has been made public, triggering intense discussion.

WONDERGIRLS was portraying jazz club singers in the movie. In the picture, they can be seen performing 'Nobody'. The movie is set in the Fifties, & the film director felt that it & the song 'Nobody' are great genre fits. He thus invited WONDERGIRLS to make a guest appearance. In addition, the film director also amended the screenplay to accommodate the girls. He was meticulously hands-on & insisted on including WONDERGIRLS in the formal cast list. The cameo role turned out to be quite significant for WONDERGIRLS.

WONDERGIRLS said: "This is our 1st film cameo. It was a great honor to work with a director we are very fond of." The fans also said: "WONDERGIRLS is making a cameo, so I will definitely go watch it." "They are invading Hollywood -- can't wait to see them appear in the movie." The film was shot in America, with English as the dialogue. The expected release date is December 30. [TV Daily reporter Quan Yingxuan]

- - - - - - - - - - -

twnewsyahoocomarticleur.png

Source: http://tw.news.yahoo.../136/2j1kp.html

WONDERGIRLS' Dec 17 concert in Hong Kong, wants to reward the fans with a brilliant show

Korea Star Daily update: 2010-12-15 13:57

WONDERGIRLS has cracked the US market with 'Nobody', but is still targeting Asia.

On December 17, they are staging their 1st large-scale solo concert in Hong Kong. It is part of their Asian tour, which also included a successful show in Malaysia on December 11. WONDERGIRLS has been very busy traveling all year. The year began with Korean activities [sic], followed by a US tour of over 20 cities in March-April [sic]. They went to Asian countries like Indonesia, Singapore, Malaysia & China during May-June. August-December was spent performing in places like Taiwan & Hong Kong; they also participated in various awards shows during the period. Recently, Billboard's statistics placed 'Nobody' 31st in its 2010 Hot Singles Sales 100 chart.

JYP Entertainment said: "'Nobody' was released in October 2009. We are very proud that it can still rank 31st in single sales for this year." LIM is quadrilingual & she anticipates better fan interaction for this concert, with no language barrier. WONDERGIRLS said: "Hong Kong is the centerpiece of our Asian tour, & our goal is to captivate the fans." "We met Hong Kong fans when we were at the MAMA Awards. It feels great & familiar to go to Hong Kong." "Our concert is going to be more splendid than our MAMA performance, so as to reward the Hong Kong fans."

WONDERGIRLS' Asian tour is co-organized by Mnet Media & JYP Entertainment to enter the region's music markets. It has cast a spotlight on the next stage of the Hallyu wave. Mnet Media's concert-planning division head said: "Hong Kong & many parts of Asia all have impressive competitive records, & Mnet Media has received many invitations from them. We finally got the chance to make the Asian tour a reality. Kpop is very popular in Asian circles these days, & everyone had been champing at the bit since WONDERGIRLS announced their concert dates. In addition, we also plan to help talented Kpop artistes expand overseas, including in album releases, TV shows & other fields. Of course, in concerts too." [TV Daily reporter Xuan Meigui]

Wonder Girls rock Arena of Stars in Genting Highlands

by Valerie | Wednesday, December 15, 2010

k-popped.com

Photos by Siti Nur Fatehah & Bee Theng

They kept the promise of returning to Malaysia for a concert! JYP’s Wonder Girls (WG), who performed at the MTV World Stage in July, held their own concert at the Arena of Stars in Genting Highlands on Dec 11.

2dtnnobody.jpg

APA KHABAR, MALAYSIA?: ‘We’re baaack, and here to rock ya!’

WG – which comprises of Min Sunye (Sun), Kim Yubin, Park Yeeun (Yenny), Ahn Sohee and Woo Hyerim – became a household name due to their smash hit Nobody. And so it was no surprise that the crowd at the girls’ concert ranged from small kids to their parents, and even fans in their 50s!

By 8pm, the concert arena was almost filled to its fullest capacity. In fact, Wonderfuls (fans) clad in purple (WG’s official color) were already at the venue at around 6:30pm. They came equipped with support banners as well as pearl burgundy glow sticks and balloons.

cheerleading.jpg

RAH, RAH, RAH!: The girls having a fun-tastic time on stage

The opening acts for the night were Lau Wan Yin – Champion of the 2008 International Hokkien Singing Competition, Iz Sulaini – who impressed with his nifty power dance moves and Henley Hii of Project Superstar 2 fame.

After they performed, an introductory video of WG was shown. The crowd roared. The excitement escalated when the concert kicked off with a brief dance intro. After that, WG launched into So Hot.

wgopening.jpg

A TREAT: The Wonder Girls perform live in Malaysia

Throughout the night, the quintet was a pleasure to watch. They were charming and when they spoke, it was in fluent English, which is such a refreshing change from the many other Kpop acts that have performed here. Of course, the girls also used crowd-pleasing phrases such as Apa khabar? and Terima kasih.

WG performed some 20 over songs, and they included hit tracks such as Irony and 2 Different Tears. When the girls sang their hit single Nobody, the crowd went wild. The girls belted out three different versions of the song – the English acoustic version, a rock version and a combo version (in Korean, English and Mandarin) during their encore performance.

WG lit up the stage as a quintet, but their individual stars shone even brighter during their solo performances. The group’s leader, Sun showcased her vocal prowess with an inspiring rendition of Josh Groban’s You Raised Me Up. She also looked exquisite in her white dress.

sunyewhitedress.jpg

INSPIRING: Sun shines (sic) during her solo performance

Yenny, also a lead vocalist, tinkled the ivories beautifully before launching into an upbeat version of Pussycat Dolls’ Tainted Love. Meanwhile, fiery redhead Yubin belted out Pink’s So What with the right amount of attitude and spunk.

The youngest member, Hyerim was adorable with her “gangsta” performance of Lil Mama’s Lip Gloss, while Sohee was a delight to watch as she shook and shimmied to Beyonce’s Single Ladies. This young lady has sure grown up!

hipshake.jpg

SEXY: Sohee (2nd from left) shakes ‘em hips

The energy in the arena hit the roof when WG stepped off stage to mingle with fans in the VIP and rock pit sections. However, for one very lucky fan, the highlight of the night was when he was singled out and invited on stage to join the girls.

birthdayboyu.jpg

LUCKY: ‘Eat your heart out, you other Wonderfuls!’

The guy, who was a Sohee fan, was serenaded with Saying I Love You. He then had the opportunity to take a group photo with WG and received a giant pink teddy bear and roses, much to the envy of the other (especially male) Wonderfuls.

tellme.jpg

MAKE! SOME! NOISE!: Yenny gets the support of her fans

WG continued with more of their songs before closing the show with Tell Me, another hit that got the crowd singing along at the chorus. The quintet then appeared in dazzling red dresses for the encore.

wggoodbye.jpg

DAZZLING: ‘We are the Wonder Girls.’ (l-r: Sohee, Yenny, Yubin, Sun & Hyerim)

When WG finally said their thank yous and goodbyes, they only left fans wanting for more. So here’s hoping WG will fulfill their promise of returning for another show soon.

For those of you who were there on Dec 11, I’m pretty sure you had a Wonderful night too!

Source: http://k-popped.com/2010/12/wonder-girls-rock-arena-of-stars-in-genting-highlands/

No airport photos, but some info on where the girls are staying in HK.

Someone also said elsewhere that WG had emerged from the private exit at the airport.

Is Confirm stay at Skycity Marriott, the dancers will arrival tomorrow,  total around 40 people.

Cr: llleung @ WGHK   

Hi  Hi, to all Wonderful,

Our Wonder girls arrival to HK airport at  00:45 already. I saw them come out the Exit.

Because I am working at  airport.  They come out so quick, only 1 mins then they go down to the  Limousine Lounge to get 2 mini Van to Sky City Hotel..

not too many fans  to pick up.  Just around 20-30 fans."

Cr: llleung @ WGHK

- - - - - - -

FYI There was a curious news report that came out of China yesterday.

The country's state news agency (chinanews.com.cn) said WG will participate in Zhejiang TV's 2010风尚盛典 (2010 Feng-shang Awards) concert on New Year's Eve.

It is a fashion-themed event -- the concert title literally translates as '2010 Fashion Awards'

The other media reports are still sticking with WG for the Jiangsu TV event, & did not include the girls for Zhejiang TV.

More bewildering: the Chinanews article said Zhejiang TV is also inviting RAIN, 2AM, 2PM & missA, which at face value seems highly doubtful.

Yet the TV station has a good relationship with JYPE. JYP SISTERS had apprenticed on their shows, & WG also performed at their China Blue anniversary earlier this year.

Dunno what to believe... so I am providing the link instead of translating the article for now: http://www.chinanews...5/2724406.shtml

BTW Jiangsu & Zhejiang are neighboring provinces but it is unrealistic for WG to do both events on the same night.

- - - - - - -

Yeeun fanart.

1012152350884165d12db00.jpg

Cr: as tagged

Found this hi-quality So Hot fancam. It has all: vantage point, hd, and good use of the camera.

It is a pity that the conversion software put on a watermark, though it doesn't stay on for the whole time.

Wonder Girls live in Malaysia ( So Hot )

Credit: ndyew@YT

---

1. What is your fondest WG memory of 2010?

Difficult choice. Knowing the girls were so close when they came to Cannes, or seeing the girls on MTV World Stage -- whose broadcast was a first for Italy -- and watching them turn into consummate pros. But there's many good moments to choose from.

2. What is the saddest WG memory 2010?

Sunye loss was a heart-breaker.

3. What where you hoping to happen 2010?

All considered, I'm happy with what happened in 2010.

A joke: I preordered just one album, now I get two^^

4. What surprised you in 2010?

Sunmi leaving (not a total surprise after rethinking about 2009, yet it came all of a sudden). And 2DT! The first time I heard that song it was such a refresher.

5. What do you wish for Sunye, Yoobin, Yeeun, Sunmi, Sohee, and LIM (seperately) in 2011?

Can't think of the girls as solo's this phase .. but I'd wish

- Sunye to have more quality time with grandma.

- Yoobin to stay like this, a star on stage and a goofy, humorous girl offstage.

- Yeeun to be less perfectionist. She did great so far!

- Sunmi to always follow her goals.

- Sohee to tweet more (should I ask/wish more from such perfection?).

- Lim to have her spotlight. She blended in for good, time to shine!

6. What do you wish for the entire group in 2011?

World domination^^

7. What do you predict will happen for the girls in 2011?

I just keep my fingers crossed for the next US campaign...

I dunno if this one is going to be a "make or break" moment for the US strategy or just another advancing move.

---

Tweets from Mark PD and Einstein MCP to Lim

4590a340e1fce433f552aec5040ad487_large.png

Guest twinzone

Top 25 Female Best Voices

01. BoA

02. Ivy

03. Dana (CSJH)

04. Jang Ri In

05. Jang Nara

06. Park Ye Eun (Wonder Girls)

07. Lee Hyori

08. Park Jung Ah (Jewelery)

09. Solbi

10. Stephanie (CSJH)

11. Kim Tae Yeon (SNSD)

12. Lee Jung Min

13. Sun Mi (Wonder Girls)

14. Jessica (SNSD)

15. Bae Seul Gi

16. Nam Gyu Ri

17. Park Bom

18. Bada

19. Min Sun Ye (Wonder Girls)

20. Han Seung Yeon (Kara)

21. Lina (CSJH)

22. JOO

23. Seo Hyun (SNSD)

24. Isak

25. Heebon

credits : http://www.allkpop.com/2009/03/koreas_top_50_best_voices

Top 25 Female Best Voices

01. BoA

02. Ivy

03. Dana (CSJH)

04. Jang Ri In

05. Jang Nara

06. Park Ye Eun (Wonder Girls)

07. Lee Hyori

08. Park Jung Ah (Jewelery)

09. Solbi

10. Stephanie (CSJH)

11. Kim Tae Yeon (SNSD)

12. Lee Jung Min

13. Sun Mi (Wonder Girls)

14. Jessica (SNSD)

15. Bae Seul Gi

16. Nam Gyu Ri

17. Park Bom

18. Bada

19. Min Sun Ye (Wonder Girls)

20. Han Seung Yeon (Kara)

21. Lina (CSJH)

22. JOO

23. Seo Hyun (SNSD)

24. Isak

25. Heebon

credits : http://www.allkpop.com/2009/03/koreas_top_50_best_voices

Don't you think it's a little late to post this? lol

This article was written in March last year, but thanks anyway. :D

Yeeun at HK airport last night.

yellowyenny.png

Cr: as tagged

# @yummy_swg it's def Yellow!!!1 LOL I took a vdo of ur binnie hair too but just hair not her face LOL about 12 hours ago via web in reply to yummy_swg

# OK, I met Yellow Yenny LOL and sohee, yubin Lim and sunye, they look tired and sleepy yeah coz it's too late and it's bed time^^ about 12 hours ago via web

Cr: MallyJung @ twitter

Guest valentino_rossi46

OMG It's YELLOW, not blond haha

So creative, nobody did Yellow before =)) , but it's shocking, ye I like it, I like it, even it's not nice as Brown Yenny, but it's unique, so I love it ha ha

Guest wonderr23

@twinzone thanks for posting that old list. ^__^ But you didn't highlighted Sunye! :tears: Remember?? You said support the 6 wonders? :unsure:

Yellow Yeeun!!LOL It's so cute that people are calling her that.

Yeah, WFs are correcting themselves online too (yellow hair, not blond).

- - - - - - - - - - -

screenhunter01dec161543.jpg

Source: http://www.hkheadlin...33200&srctype=p

WONDERGIRLS in new nostalgia film

Headline News 2010-12-16

Popular Kpop group WONDERGIRLS is performing in Hong Kong on Friday. They had previously filmed a cameo scene for the Korea-America co-production 'The Last Godfather'. Yesterday, a image still from the movie surfaced on the Internet. It shows the quintet in Fifties-era nostalgic costumes, enacting their signature song 'Nobody' on a stage. The 'The Last Godfather' production has considerable connections. Well-known Korean comedian Shim Hyung Rae is both the film director & the male lead. Joel Cohen of the Coen Brothers fame was a screenwriter. [incorrect info: it's a different guy, his surname is spelled differently too.] The movie also features character actor Harvey Keitel. The film will be released on December 30. WONDERGIRLS arrived in Hong Kong from Korea last night to prepare for tomorrow's concert.

- - - - - - - - - -

I think the mention below about rehearsing for long hours might be exaggerated.

But the eyewitnesses were in consensus that WG was very tired at the airport last night, with only Yeeun smiling.

Let's see if any fancam can concur. No tabloid photos etc. Looks like they managed to give the notorious Hong Kong paparazzi the slip.

screenhunter02dec161623.jpg

Source: http://www.881903.co...x?ItemId=311608

WG unleashes 'Nobody' in new film

Commercial Radio HK 2010-12-16 Thursday 14:53

[Commercial Radio HK news] Popular Korean girlgroup WONDERGRLS is holding their 1st Hong Kong concert at the AsianWorld Arena tomorrow. The girls have stepped up their rehearsals in the past few days, making every effort to present the best show possible for the fans. WG had also previously filmed a cameo for a Korean film, in which they reenacted their nostalgic 'Nobody' look again.

The WG girls had a cameo role in the Korean film 'The Last Godfather'. The film company released publicity stills yesterday. WG was portraying jazz club singers but were also themselves in the film, wearing glittering powder-blue retro skirts & performing 'Nobody'.

In addition, WG disclosed that they have planned new dance(s) for tomorrow's Hong Kong concert. They have been rehearsing over 12 hours a day, leading to significant weight loss.

Archived