Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

A couple more mediapics of the Wushu Festival performance.

dsc0306qr.jpg

Cr: as tagged

This one is a duplicate of a previously-posted pic, but the newspaper who got the rights uploaded it in jumbo size.

u86p4t303d9927f14530dt2.jpg

Source: http://www.chinanews...0-23/9927.shtml

- - - - - - - - - - -

83442389.png

Source: http://www1.hk.apple...art_id=14584330

WONDERGIRLS appears at Shaolin Wushu Festival

2010-10-23 11:03am

Apple Daily

(Chinanews.com.cn) report, Zhengzhou, Henan. On October 22 evening, Korean girlgroup WONDERGIRLS performed 'Nobody' at the Zhengzhou Shaolin Wushu Festival Opening Ceremony. They were aglow with fervor, & even greeted the Zhengzhou audience in precise Mandarin.

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fanpics:

24593875dsc9606embed.jpg

24593911dsc9623embed.jpg

Cr: 牵上狗去钓鱼 @ mychery.net

Source: http://www.mychery.n...tamp=1287937907

- - - - - - - -

Non-stop chatter at Alpha Entertainment Facebook ever since they announced the JYP auditions for SG/HK some 2 weeks back.

Looks like their staff is online 24/7 to answer queries :lol:

They also uploaded pics & videos from the recent JYP Korea auditions.

Worth monitoring...

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Seoul-South-Korea/Alpha-Entertainment/125883630767631

Im so happy that Wonder Girls are going to the MAMA because its been a while since ive seen them on there. Im very excited about that. Also about the retro showdown I think Wonder Girls are Retro Queens of Korea. Sohee looks like a doll in he San E video teaser photo.

Guest bammie92

Also about the retro showdown I think Wonder Girls are Retro Queens of Korea

agreed!!Wonder Girls is the only group that can pull anything so perfectly. they can wear something ridiculous(like tell me costumes) but still look like goddesses.. WG jjang!

Guest tazanya

According to a 21BANGS.com translation, the MAMA 2010 lineup "also can be changed".

They also revealed a bit of what the advertisement said, although I still don't get why The Shilla (a Korea hotel & DFS chain) is the major sponsor of an event being held in Macau.

The Shilla is actually owned by a japanese company trying to enter the chinese market, they just opened or are about to open a macau hotel.  I am thinking probably the sponser hotel is the new shilla in macau (not sure if the macau hotel is called shilla too)

As for the Mama's I really hope WGs get to perform, did not see nearly enough 2dt on music stages.  I am thinking they will be nominated for overseas award for sure, I think they would be great contenders for Best Asian Star (went to dbsk last year)  I am excited that my 2 fave gg will be at the same place.  wondergirls at mama's makes me happy.

Guest valentino_rossi46

As for the Mama's I really hope WGs get to perform, did not see nearly enough 2dt on music stages. I am thinking they will be nominated for overseas award for sure, I think they would be great contenders for Best Asian Star (went to dbsk last year)

Ye If WGs attend MAMA, im pretty sure they will get special award like JYJ and JYP last year such as Global Star Award

Because the close relationship of the girls wt Mark PD as well as JYPE wt Mnet, highly chance they will attend MAMA, and if the girls wont attend MAMA, as Mnet tradition, they wont have any award ><

Changmin upload his photo wt Ye Eun on twitter

changminyeeun1.jpg

Guest valentino_rossi46

So hee's sister Ahn So Young hv twitter account, i know it because Mimi tweet to her :)

http://twitter.com/#!/xxxSxxxSxxx

xxxSxxxSxxx.jpg

She hv a twitter account long time ago but So Hee didnt follow her ? Maybe because So Hee does

not often check twitter so she even dont know her sister' twitter ?

SanE tweet 2 photos of So Hee

182711216.jpg

182709745.jpg

I expect WG to be nominated in the normal MAMA categories: Best Female Group, Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year, maybe Best MV & Best Dance Music.

But, even with SM artistes shut out, I think WG may ultimately lose to missA. Bad Girl Good Girl has been a bigger hit in Korea than 2DT.

The 'special recognition' prize TVXQ got last year was quite unique. Firstly, I don't recall it to be a regular feature of the old MKMF awards.

My feeling then was also that (a) Mnet wanted to highlight TVXQ in some form (they were a perennial winner) &, (b ) 3 members actually turned up to accept the prize (against SM's wishes). Selfish or not, it was "Mnet 2, SM 0" in the ongoing feud.

Not sure how much Mnet wanna do it again. If so, a repeat would be to publicly 'honor' Suju & then have Han Geng come collect!

But if it's done for deserving reasons, I think there is a case to make that RAIN & maybe Big Bang are more deserving than WG.

- - - - - - - - -

For those yet to know, here is the MAMA 2010 website: http://mama.mnet.com/2010/en/AwardTeaser/Teaser.asp

No update yet, just a countdown timer & archived pages.

The latter is interesting cuz the 2009 online ballots are still available &, checking against the eventual winners, the top vote-getters didn't always get the awards.

For example, 2PM won Artiste of the Year (but was 5th in voting, with only 4% of total ballots) & Best Male Group (3rd in voting).

2NE1 also won Song Of The Year (6th in voting, 3% of ballots) & Best Female Newcomer (2nd in voting, behind f(x)).

I think WG to have a chance this year cuz Brown Eyed Girls won it last time around (but 3rd in voting, their 14% of ballots way behind SNSD's 54% & Kara's 19%).

MAMA/MKMF also have pure popularity prizes, but those are separate from the 'nominee' awards.

Guest valentino_rossi46

Wonder Girls Halloween Giveaway!

Get ready for the scariest, cutest giveaway of the year!

Halloween is right around the corner, so we’re throwing an awesome Wonder Girls Halloween Giveaway this year!

Five lucky fans will receive a personalized trick-or-treat basket with assorted goodies (including a WG autographed CD), made personally by yours truly, THE WONDER GIRLS!!

Each basket was made by one of the Wonder Girls and photos of the process will be posted throughout the week. How do you enter? It’s simple:

1. You must follow the Wonder Girls on Twitter at twitter.com/followwg

2. Tweet “@followwg #WonderGirls” and let them know your name, where you are from and who your favorite member is!

The five winners will be announced on Halloween, and if you are chosen, you will receive the basket that was made by your favorite member! So hurry and don’t be SCARED to enter!

Win a personalized Halloween basket from the Wonder Girls!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DixpIAymfU

Another clip from wg account

Wonder Girls Halloween TRICK OR TREAT 2010

Guest *bluebutterfly*

If Wonder Girls do go to MAMA, I think there is a high possibility that they will perform. I don't think they'll be many going, because like others have already said SM are not going, I don't think Pledis are going, because they didn't last year and trot singers boycotted last year too.

I think it'll be great if Wonder Girls win global star award. Maybe they have a higher chance of winning that because they've actually been activities oversears, in the US and not just Asia.

Guest tiffanydawn

I expect WG to be nominated in the normal MAMA categories: Best Female Group, Artiste of the Year, Song of the Year, maybe Best MV & Best Dance Music.

But, even with SM artistes shut out, I think WG may ultimately lose to missA. Bad Girl Good Girl has been a bigger hit in Korea than 2DT.

To be very honest, I don't want them to be nominated in any category. If they'll be nominated, I'm quite sure that they will not win. Actually, it's okay for me if they can't get any award but I hate to see comments like "ohh. ___ beat WG." or "WG lost to ___" or "lol. WG wasn't able to win in a category" -_-

Anyway, I am soooooo looking forward for their new album. Will their collab with Jonas Brothers still push through?

^ It will be a shock if 2DT isn't listed for AOTY (35 nominees last year) or SOTY (30 last year).

Best Female Group is more of a shortlist (5 nominees) but, except for missA, I don't see any other newbie getting honored. WG's advantage here is that they also won't competing against the Autotune & hip-hop girlgroups for Best House & Electronic Music & maybe Best Dance Music.

MAMA 2009 voting rankings + eventual award winners

Sourced from:

http://mama.mnet.com...ardVoteView.asp

Best Male Newcomer

1. Supreme Team (28%) => WINNER

2. FT Island (25%)

3. MBLAQ (21%)

4. B2ST (16%)

5. Chung Lim (12%)

Best Female Newcomer

1. f(x) (35%)

2. 2NE1 (26%) => WINNER

3. 4Minute (14%)

4. T-ara (13%)

5. After School (11%)

Best Male Singer

1. MC Mong (30%)

2. Rain (23%)

3. Drunken Tiger (21%) => WINNER

4. G-Dragon (17%)

5. Lee Seung Chul (9%)

Best Female Singer

1. Baek Ji Young (25%) => WINNER

2. Bada (22%)

3. Chae Yeon (19%)

4. Younha (19%)

5. Son Dam Bi (14%)

Best Male Group

1. Super Junior (39%)

2. SS501 (20%)

3. 2PM (20%) => WINNER

4. Big Bang (16%)

5. SG Wannabe (5%)

Best Female Group

1. SNSD (54%)

2. Kara (19%)

3. Brown Eyed Girls (14%) => WINNER

4. Jewelry (7%)

5. Davichi (6%)

Best Mixed Group

1. 8Eight (36%) => WINNER

2. Clazziquai (22%)

3. Koyote (19%)

4. Cool (15%)

5. Roo'ra (8%)

Best Rock Music

1. FT Island / I Hope (35%)

2. Boohwal / Thinking (17%) => WINNER

3. Chang Kiha & The Faces / Living The Nothing Special Life (17%)

4. Seo Taiji / Juliet (16%)

5. Cherry Filter / Pianissimo (15%)

Best Hip-Hop Music

1. Leessang / The Girl Who Can’t Break Up, The Boy Who Can’t Leave (28%) => WINNER

2. Epik High / Wannabe (27%)

3. Outsider / Alone (18%)

4. Drunken Tiger / Monster (16%)

5 Dynamic Duo / Guilty (11%)

Best Ballad/R&B Music

1. Kim Tae Woo / Love Rain (26%) => WINNER

2. Park Hyo Shin / After Love (25%)

3. Baek Ji Young / Like Being Hit By A Bullet (22%)

4. Bobby Kim / Love...That Guy (15%)

5. Kim Jong Kook / Today More Than Yesterday (12%)

Best Dance Music

1. SNSD / Gee (38%)

2. Super Junior / Sorry Sorry (32%)

3. 2NE1 / I Don’t Care (14%)

4. 2PM / Again & Again (8%)

5. Kara / Honey (8%) -> WINNER

Best House & Electronic Music

1. Brown Eyed Girls / Abracadabra (27%) => WINNER

2. Clazziquai / Love Again (21%)

3. G-Dragon / Heartbreaker (21%)

4. 4Minute / Muzik (21%)

5. Son Dambi / Saturday Night (9%)

Overseas Viewers' Award

1. Super Junior / Sorry Sorry (49%) = WINNER

2. SS501 / U R Man (47%)

3. SNSD / Gee (2%)

4. FT Island / I Hope (0%)

5. 2NE1 / I Don' Care

6. 2AM / Confession Of My Friend

7. 2PM / Again & Again

8. SG Wannabe / I Love You

9. Kara / Honey

10. Rain / Rainism

11. Big Bang / Sunset Glow

Artiste Of The Year

1. SNSD / Gee (42%)   

2. Super Junior / Sorry, Sorry (30%)

3. SS501 / Because I'm Stupid (7%)

4. G-Dragon / Heartbreaker (6%)

5. 2PM / Again & Again (4%) => WINNER

6. Chae Yeon / Shake (3%)

7. 2NE1 / I Don't Care (2%)

8. Big Bang / Gara Gara Go! (2%)

9. Rain / Rainism (1%)

10. Kara / Honey (1%)   

11. Brown Eyed Girls / Abracadabra (1%)

12. MBLAQ / Oh Yeah (0%)

13. Drunken Tiger / Monster

14. 4Minute / Muzik

15. B2ST / Bad Girl

16. Supreme Team / Super Magic

17. f(x) / LA chA TA

18. SG Wannabe / My Cry Baby + I Love You

19. MC Hong / Indian Boy

20. Younha / 1,2,3

21. Davichi / 8282

22. T-ara / Lies

23. Bada / Mad

24. Baek Ji Young / Like Being Hit By a Bullet

25. Koyote / Nonsense

26. 8Eight / Without A Heart

27. After School / Diva

28. Lee Seung Chul / No One Else

29. Taegoon / Betrayed

30. Roo'Ra / Going Going

31. Chung Lim / Step

32. Clazziquai / Love Again

33. Jewelry / Vari2ty

34. Son Dam Bi / Saturday Night

35. Cool / See Again Again

Song Of The Year

1. SNSD / Gee (42%)

2. Super Junior / Sorry, Sorry (30%)

3. G-Dragon / Heartbreaker (8%)

4. Kara / Honey (4%)

5. 2PM / Again & Again (4%)

6. 2NE1 / I Don't Care (3%) => WINNER

7. Brown Eyed Girls / Abracadabra (1%)

8. FT Island / I Hope (1%)

9. Kim Tae Woo / Love Rain (1%)

10. Park Hyo Shin / After Love (0%)

11. 4Minute / Muzik

12. Leessang / The Girl Who Can’t Break Up, The Boy Who Can’t Leave

13. Baek Ji Young / Like Being Hit By A Bullet

14. Seo Taiji / Juliet

15. Drunken Tiger / Monster

16. Dynamic Duo / Guilty

17. Epik High / Wannabe

18. Kim Jong Kook / Today More Than Yesterday

19. Bobby Kim / Love...That Guy

20. Boohwal / Thinking

21. Chang Kiha & The Faces / Living the Nothing Special Life

22. Outsider / Alone

23. Hong Jin Young / Love's Battery

24. Sung Jin Woo / Just Perfect

25. Son Dam Bi / Saturday Night

26. Park Hyun Bin / Great Life

27. Joo Hyun Mi + Seohyun + Davichi / JjaRaJaJja

28. Cherry Filter / Pianissimo

29. Clazziquai / Love Again

30. Wink / Shy Shy

Omitted here:

- Best Trot Music

- Best OST Award

- Best MV Award

- Mnet Music Portal Award

- Best Mobile Popularity Award

- CGV Popularity Award

Album Of The Year (won by G-Dragon’s Heartbreaker) is apparently a judges award (not 'nominee' nor popularity award).

Korean media debate over MAMA 2010's timing & venue.

I tweeted an Asia Economy Daily (asiae.co.kr) article a half-day ago: Korean text + Google Translate

Here's another viewpoint by TVReport Korea (tvreport.co.kr). The site is infected as usual but Nate has an article copy: Korean text + Google Translate

The MAMA awards will take place on a Sunday, which clashes with SBS Inkigayo (Sunday) -- & also MBC Music Core (Saturday) & KBS Music Bank (Friday) if the MAMA performers must fly over earlier to Macau for rehearsals.

Not to mention complicating any travel plans of fanbases who want to follow their idols to all the events.

The other bone of contention, I sense, is over how international the MAMA event truly is, what with Mnet's ambitions & re-branding (name change, etc.).

Mark PD has a job on his hands! No wonder he was tweeting to ask who are the hottest singers in China, Thailand, Hongkong & Japan...

- - - - - - - - -

Shared these before? Found them while surfing around.... *ogle*

20101021223b373b48.jpg

Source: http://affirmativ.tistory.com/242?srchid=BR1http%3A%2F%2Faffirmati^^v.tistory.com%2F242

Guest talksound

I'm definitely counting on the girls being nominated, but winning is a different story. I do hope they win some sort of global/overseas award. It makes more sense since they've devoted so much of their time outside of Korea.

musicifensicomarticle31.png

Source: http://music.ifensi....cle-317259.html

WONDERGIRLS Sohee stars in MV, a wholesome vision in purple dress & straw hat

ifensi.com 2010-10-25 14:27:59

WONDERGIRLS Sohee's unanticipated role in SAN E's MV "is too beautiful".

In JYPE cutting-edge rapper SAN E's MV, Sohee emerges as "a shining star"!

Recently, SAN E tweeted some scenic photos of the Sohee-starring 'Love Sick' MV. There is a male papercut silhouette behind her. Netizens were curious: "Who is this male lead?" SAN E then tweeted to reveal a "Who wants to be the male lead" casting call, in which an actor shall be chosen.

The photos use falling leaves at a park for a backdrop. The male lead appears to be following Sohee. More than 200 male netizens have registered to vie for the role. In the pictures, Sohee's bashful expression is completely different from the maturing self-confidence she had displayed in America. They comprehensively showed in her a young girl's essence.

In addition, singer-turned-comedian Yoo Se Yoon personally shot this MV. For netizens, Sohee & Yoo Se Yoon teaming to finish this MV is worth looking forward to!

The application period for the male lead is between Oct 25 & Oct 29. A MV preview event will be held at 7pm on November 2.

P.S. Newsen reported that the Nov 2 preview will be held at COEX Mall Seoul. The chosen male lead will supposedly also be unveiled then. Wonder if Mandoo will attend as well...

- - - - - - - - - - - -

33783105518246179167100.jpg

Cr:  Ji Eun Jung Facebook

- - - - - - - - - -

Mark PD posted another MAMA 2010 teaser (Superstar K Version) on his Facebook.

Archived