Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This hasn't been posted?

Top 50 Most Influential Korean Stars on Twitter

Twitter stalkers—ehem, followers—would be quick to attest the perks of the networking site.

Like a live channel, fans get fresh updates on their favorite people, from politicians to actors and artists. On the flipside, Twitter is also a good measure of a celebrity’s popularity.

Website Koreantweeters recently pulled out a top 50 ranking titled Power Tweeter List, arranging your favorite Korean stars in terms of number of followers, number of responses, number of lists they are in, number of re-tweets, and number of mentions of that account.

37. Yenny (Wonder Girls)

46. Sunmi (Wonder Girls)

48. Yubin (Wonder Girls)

cr: koreantweeters, ebuzz, kpoplive

I read comments of people wondering why Sunmi was on the list since she has the fewest followers, retweets, listed, etc... someone explained that they most likely took into account her old twitter account, and after announcing her break from WG she was mentioned a lot on Twitter and received a lot of tweets. :)

---

Also, I read that they girls ranked #35 on Singapore's FHM Top 100 Sexiest Women in the World. O_O I'm trying to access the site to confirm this but it's taking incredibly long to load. Might be false, but who knows~

Edit: I looked everywhere but there's no list, apparently they only aired the show in Singapore yesterday. I'm not sure if they aired the whole segment though. Anyway, seems far-fetched to me, the girls never ranked on the list before and to rank so high on heir first time? O_o

Guest i.said.goodbye

Omo! indeed world star! i like the bold parts ^_^

they will celebrate Yubin’s bday in Europe.

the next Yenny’s diary will be write at different place again! =D

But, tight schedule on October u_u

IKR? They have a very tight schedule in October. the girls are going to be so busy with their american album coming out and their Korean comeback scheduled for 2011.

I'm so excited for them BUT I hope they stay healthy :D

Guest valentino_rossi46

2-10 the girls will perform in LA, so i wonder whether they really go to Cannes on 4-10

Cuz 2-10 in LA time is 3-10 morning in Fr time, so if they go to France, after performing they will flight direct to France in about 15 hours flying then direct go to perform, after performance in France they continue fly for about 15 hours to Thailand ... just a tight schedule

Although last June, they also did it when they fly to SG then fly back and immediately hv a concert, but i still confuse whether they will go to France. Too bad they dont hv many time, cuz if they go to France, they can go to Spain, very near for a few day, because Yenny really want to go to Spain this year. But 9-10 is Thailand concert already ...

Yenny day next month will celebrate on plane ha ha

WGs at #35 spot sexiest women in FHM Singapore? SNSD at #99 but it's the news on allkpop lol

Guest i.said.goodbye

WGs at #35 spot sexiest women in FHM Singapore? SNSD at #99 but it's the news on allkpop lol

Wonder Girls are #35 on sexiest women list in Singapore?

LOL our girls are taking the world by storm! :D

I'm so excited :D

Can you tell me what's ganguro style exactly?

It was the Jpop cosmetics takeoff of the old US minstrel/vaudeville tradition of 'blackface' (which is what ganguro means).

The fad had Japanese girls purposely apply deep tan makeup contrasted against white eyeshadow/lipstick, coupled with bleached hair & glam accessories.

Very rebellious yet 'futuristic' during its time -- I remember Taiwan copycats trying to make it hip -- but it has since been watered down & also assimilated into anime/cosplay.

With Yoobin, of course she doesn't need the tan makeup, but the white eyeshadow & her red-blond hair are giveaways. As posited earlier, I think she has been experimenting at the Fashion Week.

There are lots of ganguro writeups & pics online. Google yourself.

EDIT: Offhand, an example that comes to mind would be one of the Love Hina characters (Koalla Su):

draftlens2570852module1.jpg

- - - - - - - - -

If WG switches their LA Festival concert to Oct 1, I am not sure they will perform at the Yongin show on Sept 30 now.

Factoring in time zones, the California stop is on Oct 2 lunchtime (Korea time).

It will take half a day to fly across the Pacific, & WG won't get much rehearsal time on arrival either. Too rushed.

Yeah, but they only reported SNSD because a fan recorded the clip where they showed them. If the girls really placed that high I think we'd have a vid confirming it by now? :mellow:

Guest valentino_rossi46

I google ganguro style and their photos are a little bit crazy, but the way Yoo Bin did her make up in Anna Sui show is great though :)

mimimimi0502

# Even though the title is "Trouble sleeping" hahahahahahaha about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

Trouble sleeping- corinne bailey rae. When u are trying to fall asleep but it's not easy, this song will take u to lovely dreams. ^^* about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone

@WGsohee ㅋㅋㅋㅋ대기타라 똑똑 문두드리면 곶감받을준비해! about 1 hour ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to WGsohee

WGMARKPD @mimimimi0502 thank you for your advise I'll be sure to listen to her music before i go to sleep tonight. 29 minutes ago via Twitter for iPhone in reply to mimimimi0502

LAKFF Facebook has published its LA Korean Festival stage events.

WG has indeed pushed forward their concert by a day, probably to facilitate flying to Cannes.

Their schedule is very tight but here's hoping they can cross paths again with Kim Yu-na, who will be in town.

screenhunter01sep212215.gif

Source: http://www.facebook....122478651128928

- - - - - - - - - - - -

2YE at church.

2zqdf93.png

Source: http://blog.naver.com/dlvkfrndl/140115083626

- - - - - - - - - -

A Daum poster surveyed the Facebook support for 10 idol groups (5 of each gender) to, I believe, argue that Asians are not deterred by the English language barrier.

The methodology used is informal, so don't bicker.

Girlgroups

1. WG - 373,076

2. SNSD - 191,168

3. 2NE1 - 178,082

4. T-ara - 89,707

5. Kara - 54,654

Boybands (not posted below; go to the link)

1. Suju - 1,341,918

2. 2PM - 339,034

3. Big Bang - 337,929

4. SHINee - 273,269

5. TVQX - 205,644

bbs1tvmediadaumnetgaiad.png

Source: http://bbs1.tv.media...rticleId=401392

Guest valentino_rossi46

Because of lighting so Ye Eun' hair become brown? Im so happy when i saw brown Yenny, however when i saw the next photo she's still black

Wonder Girls heading to France in October

20100921_wgfrance_1-460x396.jpg

The Wonder Girls will be heading to Cannes, France on October 4th to perform at the Korean Creative Content Agency’s Korean Contents Showcase which will be held at MIPCOM.

MIPCOM is the world’s largest entertainment content market. MIPCOM’s opening ceremony is a networking event that is held annually in Cannes, France. This event consists of around 3,000 participants set to buy and sell from countries around the world.

The Wonder Girls will be opening for the “What’s the Wonder in Korea” contents advertising event held by the Korean Creative Content Agency (KOCCA). The KOCCA will be featuring other Korean culture related contents as well, such as the popular MBC historical drama, Dong Yi, and the SBS animation, Scan2Go. Also, they will be providing bulgogi so that participants get to taste some of Korea’s traditional food.

The KOCCA president, Jae Woong Lee, expressed that he wished this event would introduce Korean culture to a larger audience and improve Korea’s image.

Hopefully this event will open up more doors for the Wonder Girls and lead them to future opportunities to perform beyond Asia and North America!

allkpop

So Hee is excited of going to Paris and love Crayon Shin Chan :)

mucsxc.png

2m2xm43.png

2it3er8.png

credit Ohmysohee.wordpress

Guest *bluebutterfly*

Because of lighting so Ye Eun' hair become brown? Im so happy when i saw brown Yenny, however when i saw the next photo she's still black.

These pictures are old. I remember seeing them a long time ago. I think this was in 2007/2008, after tell me promotions I think.

Sohee says she likes Shin Chan but she's too young? Or did she mean too old?

Shin Chan is a cartoon right? I just quickly googled it.

I started examining MIPCOM site. It is a MIDEM organized conference attended by worlwide TV content producers and buyers.

To have an at-a-glance impression of what it is about, I suggest watching this video presentation

The alternatives to enter the Palais des Festivals during the event are out of my reach: either be an accredited journalist (they get a free all-access pass) or to register as a participant and lay down a whopping 1300 euros (early bird rate). Ouch. :wacko:

I'll try concentrating on the positive aspects left *breathes deeply*.

One aspect is that though the Wonder Girls are going for a regular showcase, ironically they could be (along with JYP) keynote speakers as they do in the States. Besides the traditional tv programs market two days of Mipcom will be devoted to the conferences on creating brands, digital entertainment, social networking, youtube...

I bet JYP will be onboard, given the number of key player participants, and the possibility to make new connections.

Many famous personas also are on list, for example Robert Redford, Gene Simmons, and Luke Perry.

I am happy for the girls: the French Riviera is a wonderful place to get a first contact with Europe. Cannes is a relaxed hipsters place, graced by a wondeful coastline and an enviable weather. Normally real winter comes there only in January & February, the temperatures exceeding 20°C (70°F) during the day for the rest of the year. Though I should be rooting for my Country I must admit the French being wonderful hosts to visitors. And I bet Yeeun will discover new tasty foods :lol:

A side note: this is not the first time that Kpop artists graced Cannes. This year Cannes Midem had f(x) and Epik High performing, at a separate venue after the convention hours.

---

MTV Italy published on its World Stage pages the Nobody @ Malaysia video as telecasted last friday.

http://extra.mtv.it/worldstage/malaysia2010/index.asp?id=560525&uri=mgid:uma:video:mtv.it:560525

---

Added - I love this capture from Jeremy Scott's Nylon TV.

da1326ed50308f2b786b1f6a3ab033b7_large.png

Guest chikusho1

I hope they will record their experiences in france with selcas and other stuff. i would love them to share their experiences with us...wonder girls in europe lol you dont see that alot

I think france would be a beautiful place to visit

MTV Italy published on its World Stage pages the Nobody @ Malaysia video as telecasted last friday.

http://extra.mtv.it/...o:mtv.it:560525

No luck. Video blocked in my region on copyright grounds.

- - - - - - - - -

WG spreads at a Korean online fashion store. (Edited screengrabs)

NYFW Wonder Girls Sohee Alice + Olivia dress

44906526.png

NYFW Wonder Girls Yeeun adidas Y-3 Wedge sneakers

85844375.png

NYFW Wonder Girls Yoobin adidas Y-3 Wedge sneakers

83907916.png

NYFW Wonder Girls Sohee adidas Y-3 Top

72626116.png

NYFW Wonder Girls Sunye adidas Y-3 Leggings

72269818.png

NYFW Wonder Girls Sunye adidas Y-3 Heels

41288376.png

Source: http://withnewyork.com/

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

sunmi's twitter update

mimimimi0502

I'm on the plane. Omg omg omg I'm nervous!!!!!!!!!!!!! 하하하하하하 just kidding-_-but the weather is too bad..hmmmm

Guest songbird86

Sunmi's on a plane? Wonder where she's going...

Hopes for the best:)

Whoa, I am loving those shoes from adidas that the girls are wearing. Want to get a pair of each, but it's so much money.

Archived