Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No confirmation yet, but read this:

screenhunter04sep150220.gif

Too far-fetched, right? It's a Dream Concert-type lineup...

I then checked around &, guess what, here is the Korean announcement (note: local source).

MBC will supposedly air it a few days later too, on their Oct 2 Music Core show.

(Can't see how they can edit everyone into the allocated one-hour TV schedule, though.)

yonginicomnewsculturevi.png

Source: http://yongini.com/n...dx=25207&page=1

Google Translated:

Yong-in ceremony of the 15th Information

15th Day of Yong silsiha sludge as follows:

870,000 people to participate in all chapters of unity and Festivals

Gaechoedwal encouraged to submit to.

1. Period: Thurs 09/30/2010 ~ 10.2 (Sat)

2. Venue: Town tolerate a culture, welfare administration

3. Key events

- 9.30 (Thurs): Yong-Day Ceremony / MBC Show Music Center

- 10.01 (Fri): Day of the Elderly / Kim Jang-hoon and a concession with the citizens of the Day

- 10.02 (Sat): Lifelong Learning Festival / Folk concert / Yong Song Festival

4. Special Events

- Food Culture Festival / Health experience / enrichment waxy product market /

Corporate beuraendeujeon / social enterprise hongbojeon /

Theater "Little Yong-in" / Fall Tour, including art exhibitions

Celebration Concert Events

Date: 2010. 9. 30 (Thu), 19:30 to 22:00

Broadcast Date: 10.2 (Sat) 16:10 ~ 17:15, MBC TV

Venue: Town Square, a special stage embrace cultural welfare administration

Broadcast Info: Saturday 16:10 Broadcast

- Chair: Girls, Tiffany, Glass

- Estimated cast: Rain, SNSD, SHINee, Wonder Girls, U-Kiss, B2ST,

After-school, pominit, F (X), shiny,

Kara, 2PM, 2AM, etc.

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Sohee sponsor pics for Benetton.

neoorkr120115047969.png

Source: http://neo.or.kr/120115047969

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hair fashion blog entry about Kpop redheads (Ga-in, Park Bom, Yoobin, FT Island's Hongki, etc.)

http://blog.naver.co...gNo=90096003054

Guest ♪ LeeNa ♪

ye eun twitter update

2rqhvv6.jpg

<3

23j5x6s.jpg

:wub:

5mzmeu.jpg

15qqmg1.jpg

<333

followWG

We were just at Alice & Olivia!!! Had so much FUN!! and.... guess what?! We met @DENISE_RICHARDS ;D

2jg5tnp.jpg

lim tweeting

Guest chikusho1

^

^wow the girls look so wonderful!!

ow im surprise with Lim's new hair! yenny sure knows how to do hairs and makeup

Lim should stick with that hair for some time I prefer the sexy/mature look on her

@LeeNa

thanks for the pictures and twit update!!

Guest i.said.goodbye

OMG Lim loooks soo gorgeous in those pictures!!!!

She owns that hairstyle... so beautiful~

Yenny looks so beautiful as well. Her makeup suits her so much and totally compliments her face.

Sohee's side profile is :wub: but I want to see her gorgeous face :P

Sunye's bubble face is so cute. She also looks so pretty.

No pictures of Binnie yet?

concert?! in KOREA?

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay!

Rain, SNSD, SHINee, Wonder Girls, U-Kiss, B2ST, After-school, pominit, F (X), shiny, Kara, 2PM, 2AM, etc.

yeeun will meet HER onew ! wondershinee :D

and and and JYPE LOVE? = wg, b2st, 2pm, 2am ?! <3

f(x) & wg loveee! i remember them being close onstage during wg comeback & now i know why ever since meeting f(x) in LA. loveeely girls :) . they look up to wonder girls <3.

wondergeneration! <3

kara + wg!? yay seungyeon will be able to meet her role model ; sunye <3.

ahhh , i hope this is true :) it will be love <3. i miss the girls being in koreaaa<3

Eiffel In Seoul blogs about WG again

15i6b21.jpg

The Wonder Girls are definitely having an enjoyable week attending fashion shows. The girls attended Roger Vivier's celebration of Fashion's Night Out on September 10, 2010 and had the priviledge to meet Gossip Girl star, Leighton Meester.

2wobx3p.jpg

Sunye was looking amazing as usual, absolutely love the color on her. I wished she chopped a few inches off her dress. The rest of them were looking great.. except for Yubin. Her make-up was terrible! Made her eyes look incredible small in pictures and the lips is just not working. If I was tweeting about it, I would add a hashtag "#tryintohardtolooksexy".

Like the previous season, Wonder Girls attended Vivienne Tam's fashion show on September 11, 2010. But this time, there's no Mickey Mouse.

2cdai3d.jpg

Is it me or does Yubin have really bad eye make-up? Because they don't look pretty to me, at all. On the other hand, I totally love Sunye's red lips and hair. Good job but shame about the sandals. I also really liked Sohee's dress and girl, work your pose

28bcmch.jpg

On September 12, 2010.. the girls attended Y-3's fashion show which was held at Park Avenue Armory. This time, it's sportswear.. well of course, it's Y-3!

29nurk2.jpg

Notice the same pair of stockings Yenny was wearing the day before? "#shameaboutthat" But I really like the wedges she was wearing. Of all their outfits, I only liked Sohee's, the styling was on point. I just don't know what to say about the rest.. but I want Hae Lim's sneakers.

Wonder Girls also took photos with singer Omarion.

2iaetyr.jpg

Still can't get enough of Wonder Girls.. stay tuned because they would be attending more fashion shows this couple of days!

4skuaa.jpg

WG at Alice + Olivia Spring 2011 presentation.

Their height inconsistencies get to me every time :lol:

104103399.jpg

Cr: Getty Images

- - - - - - - - - - -

Sunye update at Mindot.

I re-translated from the Taiwan WF's translation.

出處:민선예닷넷

翻譯:i5205u0

原文:

지금 막 새나라의 어린이놀이?.. 하려는데

트윗이 마구마구...ㅎㅎ

컴퓨터 재우기 전에 놀러왔어요^^

지금 한국은.. 점심시간이네요!ㅎㅎ

점심 맛있게 드시궁..

어제 오늘 fashion week스케쥴 열심히 하고 있어요 ㅎㅎ

미국에서 저희가 stylist가 없어서..저희가 직접 신경써야 하는 부분들이 많아서 정신이 더 없긴 하지만..

이러면서 더 배우는거죠 뭐 ㅋㅋㅋ

내일도 아침일찍 쑈보러 가야해서.. 일찍부터 꽃단장을..ㅎㅎ

내일은 가볍게 변신좀 하려구요 ㅋㅋㅋ

민닷팸! 오늘도 기쁘고 즐겁고 힘찬하루 되시길 ~~~~^^

BYE~~~~~~~!!!!!!

1d4b16215e7cb502ac34dee.jpg

Cr: yoyu0130 @ WG台灣之友論壇

Wanted to go to bed early, [just] sent a tweet.

Yet here I am on my computer ^^

It must be noon in Korea now haha

Aigoo, enjoy a good lunch...

Worked very hard during the Fashion Week schedule yesterday & today haha

We don't have a stylist in America..must do our own stuff a lot, it's such a headache..

But we get to learn more this way too kekeke

There is another SHOW to attend early tomorrow as well

Gotta get up very early to get dolled up haha

I want to be lithely transformed tomorrow kekeke

Mindot family! Wish you a happy & energetic day today ~~~~^^

BYE~~~~~~~!!!!!!

- - - - - - - - - - - -

JYP produces Kim Bum Soo’s upcoming title song: http://kavenyou.com/2010/09/15/jyp-produces-kim-bumsoo%E2%80%99s-upcoming-title-song/

Both he & JYPE Korea are noticeably very active for the 2nd half of 2010 (rookie debuts, ex-trainee debuts, producing other artistes), now that WG's American plans are pushed back.

Unconfirmed: Pivotcon live will be streamed?

Meet The Wonder Girls

The Wonder Girls are Sohee, Yubin, Sun, Yenny, and Lim, and they are one of the hottest groups around. Next month, these pop princesses, known for their cuteness as much as their pop music, sung in Korean, Chinese, and English, will appear at the Pivot Branding Conference in New York. Just listen to their hit song, "Nobody," and you'll see why this Asian group was the first in 30 years to hit the Billboard Hot 100. Their song, “Nobody,” was the first song by a Korean artist to ever enter the Billboard Hot 100.

Pivot Branding Conference

Just about anyone wanting to understand the style, attitudes, technologies, and preferences of the ever-so-important 18–34 year old consumer will make the trek to the Big Apple on October 18, and they'll hear J. Y. Park, the creator of The Wonder Girls, tell how he did it.

Pop Music Gone Global

The Wonder Girls are a perfect example of the kind of brand that fully engages the target age group and creates passion in their fans for their brand and their music.

Park is well-versed in what constitutes global entertainment. He's one of the most successful artists, producers, and entrepreneurs in Asia. Since 1994, he's released 7 #1 albums as a solo artist. As a producer, he's created 38 #1 songs in 6 countries.

He's the first Asian musician to produce music for top American artists like Will Smith. His company JYP Entertainment has discovered, trained, and released 14 #1 artists. Mr. Park definitely knows how to create the kind of music that's globally popular

K-Pop

The Wonder Girls are part of a musical genre called k-pop, or Korean pop. It comes as no surprise that k-pop grew enormously because of fans using the Internet and social media to spread the word. Viral marketing and promotion contributed to the growth in popularity by some major American acts like American Idol winner Jordin Sparks and the Jonas Brothers. Coincidentally, the same management company that handles the Jonas Brothers is also handling the Wonder Girls in the States.

They're performing live at the Pivot conference Monday night, October 18 at 8:00 p.m. ET. I couldn't verify the information, but I presume Pivot will be streaming the performance live so check prior to their scheduled time for details.

Catch their video and their live performance. Then, you can judge for yourself if they're the next big thing. Watch out though. Their music is the kind that sticks in your head, makes you dance to the beat, and smile at nothing.

(Joan Reeves is published in book-length fiction and in periodicals, in print and online all over the web, under her own name, various pseudonyms, and as a ghost.)

Credit: Joan Reeves / TheCelebrityCafe.com

Guest valentino_rossi46

[Trans] Tips from Sunmi to prevent people from provoking you?

15septembersunmitweet4.jpg

[Trans] Twitter – Sunmi’s words of wisdom to Mark Pd

15septembersunmitweet5.jpg

15septembermarkpdtweet2.jpg

15septembersunmitweet6.jpg

15septembermarkpdtweet3.jpg

[Translations: Apple @ Sunmi Jjang]

Remember MTV ss1, JYPE Staff said Sun Mi hadnt found her true color yet, they were trying to help her find true color :) Mimi grows up a lot right :)

Ye Eun went Jay Z- Eminem concert

14wpxt2.jpg

Ye Eun did Lim'a hair and makeup, goodjob girl :) this is the best so far

Guest i.said.goodbye

FollowWG just tweeted At Alice&Olivia show last night!

162264782-cf54faa2c050591b6cb666bfc00146c6.4c90a028-full.jpg

credit followWG@twitter

---------------------------------------

FollowWG Wonder Girls with @DENISE_RICHARDS at the Alice&Olivia show last night:D She was gorgeous!

162265989-60654fa5b5cf1f83e33c9bd931d25e86.4c90a028-full.jpg

Guest valentino_rossi46

The girls are preparing go to Tory Burch show in the morning

Long time no see Ye Eun' bang ha ha

dxs.png

Lim, her hairstyle during NYC Fashion week is always pretty, not like before when her hairstyle before often was the worst in the group

x22b24890.jpg

x22b249ca.jpg

credti Lim, Ye Eun twitter

^

Hey, very nice. Yeeun's makeup for LIM is getting good reviews in the Korean press.

Is it me, or have YeLim genuinely gotten closer in the last month?

It was sorta a novel sight when they were paired together in the HunanTV show.

Since then, Park Oppa has conspicuously taken her under her wing, with a lot of tweeted pics as evidence.

The girls also seem to be growing out their hair. Wonder if it's for their next concept.

As well, WG lacking a stylist explains why Yoobin appears to be very experimental during the NYC Fashion Week.

4 fashion shows today: Tory Burch (9am, already started), Jeremy Scott (1pm), Milly by Michelle Smith (3pm), Anna Sui (6pm).

- - - - - - - - - - -

Korea article about the Argentine '1er Concurso K-pop en America Latina' singing competition attracting 281 participants from 10 countries:

http://www.dongponews.net/news/articleView.html?idxno=17025

Probing further, I discovered WG & RAIN to be the representative artistes in the flash banner at the official contest site:

screenhunter01sep152018.gif

Source: http://concursokpop.com.ar/

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Korean article about Lee Yeon-hee, Han Chae-young, Han Ye-seul, Lee Si-yeong (all actresses) & WG becoming 'fashionistas' in NYC & Paris:

http://media.daum.net/entertain/broadcast/view.html?cateid=1032&newsid=20100915191111664&p=seoul

Archived