Jyp's Wonder Girls (원더걸스) Official Thread 2

Guest `starry.night

Guest tricia07_ann

Got a call back!

D.C. fans! All $150 tix are VIP. :D

so i guess its true that all $150 is VIP,i called 3x actually,1st lady said it was no,i dont think she knows wat she's talkin abt,she was no help at all & gave me negative thougts..2nd rep told me that i got near seats so thats equivalent to VIP,was still a little bit suspicious abt the tix..3rd rep says they are only 2 prices there & $150 is sure the VIP,so i was a bitrelief,& someone told me that the tix that u will receive might not say VIP on it but if its $150,its VIP & now ur confrimation,then its all good! now im excited again! :lol:

Yeah I just brought it , kinda keep rethinking about should I or shouldn't I. But I just brought it , VIP tickets . . Row D

& Yeah I know right , I hope the meet & greet is not going to be some rip off . . & it doesn't mean we just come in & see them for 2 minutes. I'm happy with my seats :) what your seat?

Oh I was just on Facebook & I swear I read on Wonder Girls facebook update that VIP tickets will get a meet & greet. But now I'm looking at it again & nothing there. It is just me? Cause I;m thinking I'm going crazy or something. . o.O ahh

whish seat number are u?ur just behind my seat row..add me up on FB,leave me a message first bec i sometimes ignore people there i dnt know..hehehhee

• Replies 39.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest MidnightByul

^ for the wg fanclub it was 2tears.

live nation, the one i used was popstar.

Thank you SO MUCH! I JUST bought my ticket. CAN'T WAIT!!!

Guest POrsche12212

Does anyone know if there will be VIP tickets in the General Public sale??

Or was that just for the Wonder Girls Presale?

Guest xvampireknight

(reposting)

I read the meet and greet was from 1-2PM somewhere.. but I bought the ticket for a Friday, which means I'm still im school from 1-2PM.... Can someone confirm that the LA meet and greet is after 2 PM?!

A few months ago one of the JYPE staff emailed me letting me know I'm a WG fan*tastic.

Today, I tried to email that account and other JYPE email adress but it doesn't work :\

gah, can someone who's going to the LA concert (or any concert on a weekday) with VIP pass confirm this?

and I agree, someone should call JYP with the questions we have listed xD

Guest qs916

(reposting)

I read the meet and greet was from 1-2PM somewhere.. but I bought the ticket for a Friday, which means I'm still im school from 1-2PM.... Can someone confirm that the LA meet and greet is after 2 PM?!

That's for the S.F. show. It starts at 3pm. On LiveNation's info section, the meet and greet is from 1-2pm.

Best is to wait for confirmation of the meet & greet. Could be before or after the show. Good luck!

Guest Rhonda21

Hey guys, I was wondering why you aren't using THIS thread instead to talk about the tour. Just thought it would be better so people who aren't going to the tour but still want updates on the WG or for people who just want info on the tour could find things easier.

But yeah the SF one says:

Wonder Girls with special guest 2PM. VIP tickets include Meet & Greet with Wonder Girls and 2PM, photo opportunity, and a tour gift. Meet and Greet will be on day of show from 1:00 - 2:00 pm.

The SF one starts at 3 it says. But like the Houston one is at 8 so maybe that meet & greet won't be so early.

Guest Liusyaoran

Hi, question for the people going to the NYC concert, are the $150 considered VIP? Is there a set time for the meet and greet in NYC and is that also when the photo op is?

Guest qoxie

and i was wondering for their tour... is it meant for old wonder girls fans?

The venue sizes (1K-3K), tour guests (JYP family) & concert promoter (LiveNation) suggest this is likely to be a K-pop tour, i.e. for converted fans.

Of course WG will have an American album out too but, looking at the hectic schedule (a new city almost every day), I can't see how they can find time to meet the city media to promote it at all.

With the album supposedly in EP format (mini-album), I wonder if they've changed tack with the intended 12-track set as well. The Wonder Girls Trilogy EP contained 9 songs, but 5 of them were remixes.

I think WG will try re-engaging the Jobros crowd later in the summer (i.e. post-June). Then add an Asian tour leg down the line?

EPs are also a market anomaly in America so, who knows, WG may yet re-release the album with extra tracks (logically all the 6 English originals, as intended) before promoting it proper.

In the meanwhile, this June tour repertoire should have more Korean songs (except possibly the 6 remakes).

- - - - - - -

hey my ex coworker just invited me to Wonder Girls concert in June. They're playing in NYC. I have a question. Are they worth seeing would you know? I have been to concerts before and I am curious on how they preform.

The NYC gig is the same venue (Hammerstein Ballroom) as when WG performed as part the 2009 JYP Tour. Look up the fancams at YT. Don't expect the stage sets to be as grand as for the 1st Wonder concerts.

- - - - - - -

Todaykorea.co.kr summary of WG's upcoming activities (Google-translated):

http://translate.google.com/translate?u=ht...1&ie=EUC-KR

No new info added, though.

- - - - - - -

Canada Still Wants Nobody but You!

April 7, 2010

With the announcement of Wonder Girls’ comeback in May and their Wonder World Tour kicking off in June, it looks like the time has come to move away from ‘Nobody’ era, but are we all ready to move on? Apparently not, since ‘Nobody’ is still a hot hit in various countries including Canada!

A month ago we wrote about Wonder Girls’ Nobody hitting Canada. By the time Wonder Girls’ fans discovered that Nobody was charting, the song had already been on Nielsen SoundScan Canada Singles Chart for 4 weeks with #4 being its highest rank.

After that, fans took a look at the website that provides the charts and Nobody seemed to have suddenly disappeared but guest what… Wonder Girls are still hanging in there and still in the top 10 best selling singles!

April 1st chart shows that Wonder Girls have been on the chart for 8 weeks already, ranking #7 dropping one position since last week.

9sgc5u.jpg

The English version of Nobody will have its first year anniversary on June 26th while the Korean version will be 2 years old in September. Recently special albums for Taiwan, Hong Kong and China have been released with Chinese versions of Tell Me, So Hot and Nobody. These special albums, together with the Chinese version of Nobody, have taken these countries charts by storm.

With the upcoming tour and new song, which will be released at the same time in 3 different languages, we can only hope for Wonder Girls popularity to keep on growing.

Remember this is said to be a WORLD tour, at the moment only the first 9 concerts have been announced across USA, but more dates are still to be added, possibly including stops in other countries.

Canada played a big part on the extension of Wonder Girls participation on the Jonas Brothers Tour so hopefully at least one of those future dates will be in Canada.

In the meantime, pre-sale tickets for the US leg of the tour have ended already but all will go on public sale this Friday. While the anticipation for Wonder Girls keeps growing and growing, if you live in the US, go buy some tickets at Live Nation or Ticket Master and… Live the Wonder!

Source: jam.canoe.ca

Credit: Kpoplive

- - - - - - -

Wonder Girls to take second crack at US market

By Song Woong-ki

One of Korea's top girl bands, the Wonder Girls, is set to drop their latest album worldwide in May before they embark on a U.S. tour, JYP Entertainment said Monday.

Their second studio album will hit store shelves on May 15 with its first single and music video released in Korean, English and Chinese, JYPE told The Korea Herald.

The five-member pop R&B group will set forth on their U.S. tour following the release of the album in June.

However, a spokeswoman with JYP remained mum about the specifics of what fans could expect from the new album.

A more substantial and detailed itinerary will be organized at a later date as the band is still in the studio recording songs for the new album, according to Han Soo-jung, a PR spokeswoman with the entertainment company.

In a recent press statement, JYPE said: "We hope the new album will help them consolidate their position in the U.S. market."

Since 2009, Park Jin-young, the founder and CEO of the group's management company has aggressively pushed for the group's North American debut.

The Wonder Girls' first exposure to an American audience came when they were chosen as the opening act for the Jonas Brothers' stateside tour last year.

Although their English language version of "Nobody" cracked the top 100 at 76th on the Billboard Hot 100 last October, they have failed to make much of an impact overseas.

Earlier this year, the group was rocked by the announcement of one of its members, Sunmi, parting ways with the band.

Fans have not reacted positively toward new recruit Hye Lim who was a JYPE trainee before Sunmi's departure.

Since their debut in Korea three years ago, the group has snagged three consecutive number one hit singles here with "Tell Me", "So Hot" and "Nobody."

Source: Asiaone

Edit: The Asiaone article is a reproduction. Korea Herald published the original: http://www.koreaherald.co.kr/national/Deta...=20100406000936

Guest bubblestars

I WROTE THIS WHEN I WAS IN CLASS TODAY BUT I COULDN'T POST IT UP SO I'm POSTING IT NOW..

I think the public onsale just got pushed back or is it me?

Public Onsale 4/9 at 10:00 a.m. PDT

Originally it said it was on sale on the 7th right??? which was today. So i guess for those who did not get a VIP ticket will have to wait longer that is IF they actually reserved some tickets for the public (the page keeps saying the ticket cannot be found). I personally do not want to spend that much money on their ticket because i feel like it would be a waste of money. I have a feeling like some people might not be able to take pictures with them and stuff or something and the meet and greet is only an hour which means you MIGHT not get that much attention from the girls.

i honestly want to take a picture with 2PM more than the girls but don't get me wrong i LOVE them. So yeah I just can't risk spending that kind of money when I'm not sure if things will go smoothly. I basicially want the VIP ticket for the photo and if they run out of time i feel like the ones who didn't take a picture with them wont get a chance.

BUT YEAH TELL ME ALL ABOUT THE VIP STUFF, ESP THOSE WHO ARE GOInG TO SF!!!!!!

it hella sucks because ticket sales are on the week of my prom which means im already spending alot of money -.-

Guest cynstar.

NYC SHOW @ HAMMERSTEIN

VIP Ticket is the first 3 rows of the first mezzanine and will include Meet and Greet with the Wondergirls and 2PM, a Photo Op, and a Tour Gift.

VIP First Mezzanine Seating

US $150.00

Second Mezzanine Seating

US $50.00

First Mezzanine Seating

US $50.00

General Admission Floor (Standing Room)

US $50.00

there's no additional details about the meet & greet, but it looks like VIP tickets are limited.

in the drop box is does list "VIP First Mezzanine seating" and then first mezzanine & second mezzanine

so far, it looks like it's already sold out on both the livenation & citi presale, im sure there will be more when general sales opens.

boo hoo T.T

wow dream concert already confirmed right? ... ^^ i'm so happy to see the girls in korea stage again ... happy to korean wonderfuls too

and "wonder world tour" oh so you guys are so lucky can go to watch them live ... i'm so jealous

dont forget to shar pics and vids ..... eieei

cant wait for new songs^^

Guest qoxie

Wonder Girls wraps up music video shoot for new album

Article Date: 2010.04.08 17:42 Last Modified: 2010.04.08 17:42

K-pop princesses Wonder Girls have finished shooting the music videos for their U.S. debut album in Korea, according to their agency on Thursday.

"The girls shot their music videos for two days till yesterday in the Gyeonggi Province," a representative from JYP Entertainment explained, adding they will return to the U.S. next week to finish preparing for their album.

Their new album, to contain their title track recorded in three languages including English, Chinese and Korean, will be unveiled worldwide on May 16.

Their music videos were also produced in each language, the first time in the world for such an attempt to be made.

On the day of the album's release, the girls are set to hold a launching party which will air live on online service provider Ustream, followed by a live-chatting session with their fans from all over the world and a live performance by the girls.

Wonder Girls made a splash into the music industry in 2007, quickly becoming one of the biggest pop acts in the country with numerous hit singles.

They are also the most successful group to have made a crossover to the U.S., chosen as the opening act for popular boy band The Jonas Brothers and appearing in radio and television shows last year.

The girls continued to celebrate their success, becoming the first Korean artists in Billboard history to enter the Hot100 chart with their U.S. single “Nobody” debuting at No. 76.

However, the quintet --composed of Sohee, Yubin, Sun, Yenny and Mimi-- suffered a setback to kick off their singing career in the U.S. full scale when original member Mimi decided to leave the group to pursue her studies. She was replaced with new member Lim in March.

Reporter: Cho Bum-ja anju1015@asiae.co.kr

Editor : Lucia Hong luciahong@asiae.co.kr

<ⓒ10Asia All rights reserved>

Source: asiae.co.kr

Wonder Girls, the Hidden Card to Save JYPE from Financial Crisis

April 8, 2010

Last year, Wonder Girls had the chance to tour with the Jonas Brothers taking the attention of many and making a name for themselves. They also made it into the Billboard Hot 100 Singles and ‘Nobody’ even become the best selling single of the year. But how did JYPE fair with the expenses of Wonder Girls’ American debut?

On April 6th it was reported by the Financial Supervisory Service that JYP USA’s audit report showed they had a net loss of $4,833,000 with their sales stopping at $100,075.

The cost of promotions in America, together with the currency change and the worldwide economic slump were the reasons given for this deficit.

The question is, how will JYP deal with this situation? Using his hidden card…

Wonder Girls are currently scheduled to release a new song on May 15th with an album release party in Los Angeles, California. They will also embark on a world tour in June, starting with 9 concerts across the US.

The Wonder World Tour will be their first solo tour in the US. With this hit or miss large-scale project, JYPE hopes to be saved from their financial problems. If successful, the estimated gain from the tour will be 10 times bigger than what they earned in 2009.

Wonder Girls left Korea at the peak of their career and risked all to enter the US market. Fans are more excited than ever with their soon worldwide comeback which hopefully will take the girls to the top once again.

The new Wonder Girls’ Era is close, are you guys ready to witness it?!

Source: Kim Sung Han@sportshankook.co.kr

Translation: ch0sshi@kpoplive

Sources: Hankooki (Korean) Kpoplive (translation)

Guest tiffanydawn

^omg. i didn't notice that you already posted it :( :(

WONDER GIRLS TO SAVE JYPE FROM FINANCIAL CRISIS?

Last year, Wonder Girls had the chance to tour with the Jonas Brothers taking the attention of many and making a name for themselves. They also made it into the Billboard Hot 100 Singles and "Nobody" even become the best selling single of the year. But how did JYPE fair with the expenses of Wonder Girls’ American debut?

On April 6th it was reported by the Financial Supervisory Service that JYP USA’s audit report showed they had a net loss of 4,008,330,000₩ with their sales stopping at 180,750,000₩.

The cost of promotions in America, together with the currency change and the worldwide economic slump were the reasons given for this deficit.

The question is, how will JYP deal with this situation? Using his hidden card…

Wonder Girls are currently scheduled to release a new song on May 15th with an album release party in Los Angeles, California. They will also embark on a world tour in June, starting with 9 concerts across the US.

The Wonder World Tour will be their first solo tour in the US. With this hit or miss large-scale project, JYPE hopes to be saved from their financial problems. If successful, the estimated gain from the tour will be 10 times bigger than what they earned in 2009.

Wonder Girls left Korea at the peak of their career and risked all to enter the US market. Fans are more excited than ever with their soon worldwide comeback which hopefully will take the girls to the top once again.

The new Wonder Girls’ Era is close, are you guys ready to witness it?

Source: wgspectacle + omonatheydidnt

Guest qoxie

hey guys do you know how i can become a WG fantastic or wonderful?

Every WG fan is called a Wonderful.

A Fan*tastic is part of WG's street team/crew (on tour dates). It's a common subterranean DIY initiative in America, in which fan volunteers help promote an aspiring band/artiste, usually by distributing flyers.

Free labor in return for fandom fulfillment, to put it one way.

Here's all the relevant info during the Jobros tour: http://www.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=7177...&topic=9961

- - - - - - - - - - -

Fanpic of WG point-of-sale display in, I believe, Taiwan.

v7s5d.jpg

Cr: Daum, Taylor家的小CQ @ Baidu

- - - - - - - - - - -

se8u1g.png

Source: Sina

WONDERGIRLS will fly to America next month

2010-04-08 18:56 Sina Entertainment

According to Korean media reports, WONDERGIRLS will fly to America next month after completing the filming of their new song's MV. On April 8, their entertainment agency said, "WONDERGIRLS has finished their MV filming on April 6-7 at Gwangju in Gyeonggi-do. We also shot in Korean, English & Chinese for the first time." In addition, WONDERGIRLS will simultaneously launch their new album in 3 languages worldwide on May 16. Previously, WONDERGIRLS was beloved by the fans for songs like 'Tell Me,' 'So Hot,' 'Nobody' & so on. This time, whether they can again produce such momentousness has become a focus of attention.

Lin Yilang/text Copyright: MyDaily

Guest kaolee1717

Does anyone know anything about the Chicago show. When the meet and greet is all that good stuff?? Is the show only really one hour??

I want to go to the concert at New York!

but everything is so confusing! i thought the the $48 tickets [now $50] were seated but it turns out we have to stand and its first come first serve basis. that sucks!! wouldnt it be all crowded & people will push each other so they can get closer? I think it would be more organized if they assigned permanent places.

I want to get the VIP tickets [$150] tickets but its in the balcony & its very far away from the stage & I want a good view!

but i guess ill go no matter what since I missed them when they had a concert last time. plus 2pm is coming too! i wish 2am would be there too, it would be perfect!

BTW, I found a parody of Wonder Girls Nobody performed by comedians from Hong Kong TVB

the Wonder Girls are getting more known worldwide which is a great !

[ENG SUB] TVB Wonder Girls Nobody Parody

huh vip in the balcony? isnt it the first three row?

@Babichunki - thanks for answering my quetion! I think i'll buy the GA ticket and go their super early. haha maybe i can hang out by the JYPE buliding maybe i can see them there! :P

you're welcome. we should meet up ?? ^^

Hi, question for the people going to the NYC concert, are the $150 considered VIP? Is there a set time for the meet and greet in NYC and is that also when the photo op is?

NYC SHOW @ HAMMERSTEIN

VIP Ticket is the first 3 rows of the first mezzanine and will include Meet and Greet with the Wondergirls and 2PM, a Photo Op, and a Tour Gift.

VIP First Mezzanine Seating

US $150.00

Second Mezzanine Seating

US $50.00

First Mezzanine Seating

US $50.00

General Admission Floor (Standing Room)

US $50.00

there's no additional details about the meet & greet, but it looks like VIP tickets are limited.

in the drop box is does list "VIP First Mezzanine seating" and then first mezzanine & second mezzanine

so far, it looks like it's already sold out on both the livenation & citi presale, im sure there will be more when general sales opens.

boo hoo T.T

okay idont get the seating thing. I dont know how the layout is? I got the ticket for GA standing so is that far away from the stage? is the first and second mezzanine seating part of the VIP or no? im confused

Archived