❍❍❍ 〓 언터쳐블 Untouchable Official Thread &#1

Guest Mardi09

Guest foxy_fli

Weird i just found out about them no too long ago. The first time i heard of

Them was when i saw the MV for "It's Ok" w/ Hwayobi. That song is addicting.

Plus just three days ago i finally gave their album a listen. I have to admit,

They have addicting songs! I love "Tell me why" and "Dajoolggeh (Feat. Song Ji Eun)"

Wow, they debuted in 2006 xD i thought they debuted just this year :P

• Replies 621
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Mardi09

090206 Mubank - Tell me Why

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jq_pCBwwRhU

Thanks for the link~

Ah...I still haven't uploaded the interview link....BUT.....

here are the translations to it :D

[song plays]

DJ: Yay! Woo! Wow, I'm floored, I am really floored.

Yeah, yeah.

DJ: Wow, after sitting, just feeling the urge to stand up and move, and leaving your body to the music's rhythm? I want to do that kind of thing, but. [laughter] Oh, I think I'll lose my mind, right now.

[laughter]

DJ: Everyone, right now, you are listening to the members who comprise hiphop duo Untouchable.

Yeah, yeah.

DJ: If you have any things you're curious about or anything you'd like to say to these two men, please send them to us right now. We are looking at the message board, at the questions that have been submitted already... First, this is Kim Jisun's question. Who are the musicians whose music Untouchable has gone crazy for, and what kind of music does Untouchable want to show us in the future? Please tell it to us.

Yes. When I was young,listening to a lot of hiphop music, Dynamic Duo... and before that, it was CB Mass. Listening to their music, I have memories of being really impacted. [Ah.] As for the kind of music we want everyone to be able to listen to, [Yes] our color... is always very trendy, rather than music that sounds like it's from a while ago, something that is fixed in the present. That kind of cool music, is what we want to give to you. Yes. You could say we've already become a bit fashionable, but, well, if you go into our album right now, it's more American-influenced style than Korean pop style, those kinds of colors. Rather than going in the Korean ballad/pop direction, we want to do that kind of thing instead, so pop songs instead [T/N: he says he'd rather do "pop" than "gayo," and gayo is pretty much pop, but specifically Korean pop]. So really trendy music, that's what we'd like to approach.

DJ: Oh, so that's how that is. Next, is ID kkongkkongkkongkkong. "Perhaps it's because it's a hip hop group, but you have received a lot of help. In your first album, out of 13 songs, eight were collaborations. hwayobi, Jieun, hwayoung, Saetbyul, I wonder what it was like working with them. And, if there is someone you'd definitely like to work with, who would that be?

Mmm! hmm. Yeah. So, these vocalists... with hwayobi, it was a request I put in personally, and yes, there are other mellower artists, too. For these people, they are individuals I met while underground, and seeing them onstage, they were all so impressive. So. I got their numbers. [laughter] "Please make a song with me." [Yes~] "Because you are so good." [Yes] So when I see a vocalist, I would get their number. [Yes] But __?__ was hard, because it was so all-of-a-sudden to get people, so I stuck with people I met underground, and I thought it would be better to approach them myself. But it's gotten easier, and now I can ask them one by one. For some individuals, you know, I asked the day before. [The day before!] The day before recording. [Laughter] There's this song we're making, please help us. But I was so thankful, and especially with hwayoung, he's a friend, but I saw hwayoung and was immediately so impressed right away. But he really fit what I'd been looking for, that kind of color,a nd he kind of has an African American voice, naturally, which is so rare, and four out of our 13 songs featured him.

DJ: Oh, I see... So isn't there anyone else you'd really like to sing a song with?

Jun Ingwon-shi... [Jun Ingwon-shi... is that so~] he's very impressive, and was over such a long period of time; he's very good, and made a lot of good music before, and I like him a lot. And his voice is so special!

For me, it would be Insooni-shi. [insooni-shi, oh~] I know JoPD did so first, but when I see someone so passionate like that, I want so much to work with them.

DJ: Oh, I think you will definitely be able to. Definitely, it isn't out of the realm of possibility...

Then... I will go and get her number [laughter] "Please give me your number. I would like to work with you." hey that sounds good to me!

DJ: Next, is ID ???, oh, I wonder whether this person is Japanese. "I heard you worked underground before, and that you are very skilled, particularly in the art of composing songs, and writing lyrics... is there an episode you can think of that has to do with that? A song you wrote from your own life, that kind of thing. I'm curious~" so that's the message.

Well, when it comes to love songs, I guess imagination works too, but I really try to write exactly the way I feel. And for hiphop, saying what I really want to say, is the appeal of the whole thing, right. [Yes, the things you want to say] Things I wish to do, things I experienced, things along those lines... And to think of it, there really are a lot of love songs. In our current album... But it's definitely the case that a lot of personal feelings were invested in this. Oh, and I really have experienced a break up, so--

DJ: Oh, for yourself, a separation... I see... that really can't help but leak out, can it? Because it's... such a feeling, so. Yes, of course, music can definitely rise from that. It's so impressive. Oh.

And another experience... I was really ill, so I was taken to the emergency room, and I got a shot, and came back to continue. So when you listen to the song, you really hear... this voice of struggle [laughter] Yes. [more laughter] So there's something like that.

DJ: So anyone who wants to hear, please hurry to the record shop, before they're all sold and it's too late. We hope that you will! To continue... oh! Two overseas fans also left questions... [Whassup, whassup] Wow, they left them in English, but there's Mardi from the U.S., Alaska; and from Indonesia, Jakarta, Pipeet, so they sent them like this, but "I wonder, why, how did you become a rapper..." Mardi from Alaska asked like this. So how did you become a rapper?

Just, I liked rap, when I was young. I liked rap so much, so, I would sing along, and from a point, I think it became like eating, to me. [Oh, is that so] Yes. Just... I was listening, but then as I was listening, I'm doing it, and I'm singing along, and then as I was singing along, I'm writing my own, and I'm singing that. And then, one day, it's come so that I'm performing... living to this point in that way, that's how I became a rapper. [Oh I see!]

I have that kind of thing too. I kept rapping. From high school, I did, but one day, at some kind of talent show, I performed, and the response was so, SO hot. And at that reaction, I thought, "ah, I guess I have no choice but to be a rapper" [laughter] If people say "you're good, you're good," you're good

DJ: Yes. I'm like that too. I started acting from the age of seven, you see. And it's close to 20 years, now. And it's the same, somehow, without knowing, I came to act... and what I'm doing now is acting... and I thought what I'd have to do in the future, is act as well. So there's that tie. I will continue.

I really respect that.

DJ: Oh, no. It's just the thought, that everyone that doesn't try, can't get up from where they are... And for Untouchable, too, without music, you couldn't come to the point you're at now.

Wow... thank you.

DJ: From Pipeet, you two said before that you didn't have girlfriends, right? It is something all the fans are curious about. "When is your second single coming out?"

Second single... In our album, there's a song called Driving Me Crazy. We'd like that to be our follow-up title, I think... and we can, so I'm so happy to think about it. It's something we've been troubling ourselves over, but here it is.

That follow-up will be around March, But you know, what this individual could mean, is an album and not just a track, like a single-album... Referring to a mini-album of sorts... We think it'll be around June...

DJ: Wow, your schedule is completely packed~ If you make some money, please treat me to some yummy food... If I get to do a film, perhaps I could mention Untouchable and say they're so good maybe they should be on the OST... it's like a business isn't it? [laughter]

Oh please, do help!

DJ: We can help one another by paying attention to each other's events~

This is only partially translated...but....THANKS iridescent~~

Guest goldenGAZE

Oh wow, great interview, thanks for sharing Mardi and thank you soo much iridescent for translating. I like the part about how they found artist to collaborate with (just ask for their number lol). I knew they were close with HwaYoung, i mean four collaborations. Their music does sound different to Korean style pop i agree with them which is probably why i find them so refreshing to listen too. Wow they wanna collab with Insooni, that would be such an amazing pairing since she's like a legend. Hopefully something to look forward to in the future.

Oh and Driving me crazy might be their next single :w00t:, that would be awesome. And a mini album around June fantastic! I've ordered their album, still waiting for it to arrive.

Oh and thanks Mardi for finding the translation for Oorin Geuddaecheoreom, now i can sing along to it all day since its currently my obsession.

Guest Mardi09

OMG! I just watched the MuBank perf!

Did you guys notice Sleepy's hair!!

I think he cutted it!!~

Gah, I'm kind of slow too...I found a new pic of Sleepy on his cyworld the other day...but didn't upload it...

look look ^^

file_down-1.jpg

I miss his old hair and glasses...I wonder why he decided to change it...

NEVERTHELESS, he's still good looking :)

credits to Sleepy's Cyworld + Mardi09

Guest goldenGAZE

^OMG, i almost didn't recognize him. He cut it and lightened it. He looks very handsome now (so funny since we were recently talking about if he would cut his bun). Now for the mustache to go lol.

Oh i almost missed the link for their recent performance, the audience seemed to be responding very well to them so thats a sign of their popularity increasing yey. I can get over sleepy's change, he looks super young now.

Guest splendidlure

I like guys w/ facial hair toos<3

wow. He cut his hair.. aww.. why? he pulled it off so well.

lmao. During the performance, I kept looking for Sleepy.

Guest foxy_fli

New haircut! Wow, i agree i like his old hairstyle better. He looked so

Handsome and spicy before. I couldn't even recognize him xD

And "Driving Me Crazy" might be their next single?! Hm, i like that song

Too.

I've been meaning to listen to them for a while now and finally got around to hearing the whole Quiet Storm album last night. By the end of the first track I was blown away. These guys really know what they're doing,they're the real deal. Definitely should have listened to them sooner :D

Guest goldenGAZE

^yey new fans. Their album is indeed for amazing for a first album. Still addicted to it.

Oh and they've moved up on the Soompi charts to number 8! so glad they finally got into the top 10.

Congratulations~

Guest splendidlure

8 . (+5) Untouchable (feat. Hwa Young) - Tell Me Why : 542

omg. top 10. just last week. they were only 3 spots away from top 10. They're rising to the top really fast ;D Now.. 3 spots away from top 5. ;D

For this weekend, besides the performance on mbc(2/6), I can't find anymore performances. >_< Despite them not performing everyday, they're still climbing up the charts. Maybe they're intentionally doing this to tease the audience ;p

They're also the only newbie group in the top 10. Keep this up and their rookie of the year award is locked. I think they are newbies, because people didnt know about them until "quiet storm"

Guest pipitgongyoo

Hello Hello untouchable fans!! ^^

hey tuesday.. thanks for sharing the translation.. I luv u sooo much!! :wub: soo driving me crazy maybe is gonna be their next single.. :w00t: why my friend translated to me driving me crazy isnt gonna be the next single.. :wacko:

hey achel.. are u indo too?? i'm from indonesia.. i can give you the link of the recording.. ^^

hey goldenGAZE! ^^

btw here's untoucahable's pic when they visited KFN radio.. OMG! sleepy oppa's hair.. I didnt recognize him first but he still looks hot!! but i missed his glasses.. :rolleyes:

untouchableKFN.jpg

cr: http://www.dema.mil.kr/home/story20

Archived