Guest KuYA II

anime/manga discussionREVOLUTIONARY GIRL UTENA

228379.jpg

Girlish Revolution Utena
Shoujo Kakumei Utena
Young Girl's Revolution Utena

genre: Animation, Action, Fantasy, Romance, Comedy

Descriptions:
Utena Tenjou's parents died when she was a little girl. At that time, a prince appeared to her and gave her a signet ring with a rose crest. He told Utena to keep the ring and promised that they would meet again someday. Utena was so impressed by him that she decided to become a prince herself! Utena is all grown up now. She studies at the Ohtori Academy and wears her own version of the boys' uniform. She still looks forward to finding her prince, but in the meantime, it's up to Utena to save damsels in distress and cross swords with Ohtori Academy's top duelists. When Utena unwittingly wins the "Rose Bride" in one such duel, she finds herself in the middle of something else... something that just may lead her to her prince. 
Volumes: 5 (Complete) http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=1372Published by: VizAnime Episodes: 39 + 1 film
Utena-revolutionary-girl-utena-20473961-  

Group_12.png
images10.jpg

I'm surprised that there is no thread about this anime which in my honest opinion is considered a classic. It explains a lot about society, love, dreams, friendships, miracles, etc. It has a wonderful OST in my opinion and how the music and lyrics relate to this anime in everyway.

I feel that sometimes this anime is underated since most of people i know don't even discuss it.

Anyways,

What I love most about this anime is that it is different, fresh, and its not your ordinary typical heroic male saving the female etc. And it contains so much messages, symbolic, and metaphors for you to figure out how to interpretate this anime.

But yeah if you guys want to discuss about the anime (and no bashing please) then feel free to do so =).

i remember reading this in 5th grade.. .___. i never knew it was shoujo-ai. i was rooting for utena and president to be together.. forgot what happened to them.. i vaguely remember reading the 2nd part, something about anthy's brother..

Guest zareba

What I love most about this anime is that it is different, fresh, and its not your ordinary typical heroic male saving the female etc. And it contains so much messages, symbolic, and metaphors for you to figure out how to interpretate this anime.

I agree. it was very entertaining.

I like the girl taking on the "prince charming" role.

This is one of my favorite animes. XD It's one of the few that I actually finished watching.. Although I've yet to read the manga or watch the movie (heard the movie was pretty good too).

The piano piece, Sunlit Garden (I think), is also one of my favorite songs. ;w;

Guest knockblock

I've been thinking of seeing this anime. Only have been able to read things about it. Was Revolutionary Girl Utena made in the 90's?

Archived