Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest shinerelsie

anyway, now that im so into LBH, i would like to see his other movies and kdrama. can you guys recommend which one i should see first and where i can find them for downloads or internet streaming?

Shin mi rae ALL IN is the best among the rest of kdrama that LBH has done. This drama makes u in love and cried. I'd also watched Happy Together and its soo touching drama. I'd cried a lot when I see this one.

And don't forget the most anticipating Kdrama of LBH, IRIS. We're all excited about it showing on a small screen.

By the way, am Elsie, also from the Philippines. :D

Guest rentrule

any found a very short interview of lbh i mean very short the guy ask him why should they watch gi joe and lbh says because he is in it starts at 2:11

credits:yo joe.com

i do not know how to download files and make it mediafire sorry

Guest Mariposa28

hello everyone

first post here, really like LBH, charismatic and gentelman, wish him lot of success

find this pic, sorry if reposted, i checked the last pages and didn't find it, gorgeous lBH

157749l.jpg

cr innolife

573d.jpg

cr DC

waves to all ^^

mai *waves

Guest kittkatt2020

I haven't been to the movies in awhile but really want to go see LBH in GI Joe. The trailer of him looks pretty good and I want to see what his English is like. I hope I have as much fun as you guys did.

and LBH didnt disappoint. as i said in a previous post, he is scorching hot in white. and whenever he is on the screen, all the actors just fade because he steels the show with eye action, steal glares and poses. did i ever mention he sizzles in whitE? Omo, at first i was scared that he was playing the black ninja, the one with no dialogue and will not show his face. im glad that was ray park. i love the scene where duke run after storm shadow and duke was all messy and ugly but storm shadow is still gorgeous and clean in his white trench coat. right after the chase, storm shadow can still go out on a date and spend the night dancing in his gleaming white ensemble. (sigh)... i think storm shadow is making a lot of waves now. they can spin-off another movie based on storm shadow. like ryan reynolds character in wolverine.

anyway, now that im so into LBH, i would like to see his other movies and kdrama. can you guys recommend which one i should see first and where i can find them for downloads or internet streaming?

shin mi rae, I love reading your Storm Shadow thoughts, so heartwarming and sweet of Hunnie. There's definitely going to be a sequel of Storm Shadow.. Paramount would not want to miss & lose the goldmine in their midst.

When BH took the role of Storm Shadow (which he was offered the character).. some were surprised that he took a supporting role and moreover.. someone who's wearing mask (gasp! everywhere at the time). There were various reactions to this.. concerns, etc. But finally.. the moment of Storm arrived.. BH has indeed played his card wisely. He had his own doubts and hesitations for GI Joe at first but he never ruled it out straightaway, as he asks friends for details and mentors for advice whom had supported & encouraged him to do the movie.

And now.. is Storm Shadow just a supporting role that no one remembers? :rolleyes: Now we all have to take a number for a date with Storm Shadow all the way from Japan to the Philippines and over to the US. *sigh* LOL!

Do watch Beautiful Days and All In.. we have links for episode-downloads at the first page of the threads.

You must not miss Joint Security Area (JSA) and A Bittersweet Life (BSL). BSL is a must-watch! I lovelovelove Addiction as well.. the man truly "tricked" you inside-out.. huh..

A tip to find these threads -- posted here, at the sidebar for links.. we have all LBH-soompi drama & movie threads listed as a quick reference for everyone. ^^

Thanks angelxsmile for the action figures.. Storm Shadow rocks! Heard that those action figure can talk or something?

any found a very short interview of lbh i mean very short the guy ask him why should they watch gi joe and lbh says because he is in it starts at 2:11

credits:yo joe.com

i do not know how to download files and make it mediafire sorry

No problem at all and please no worries, rentrule. Youtube links are ok.. I can still watch them, thanks so much!

Whoever has extra links can also share them.with us..

August 9, 2009

'G.I. Joe' wins box office battle

'Julie & Julia' cooks up solid start

By PAMELA MCCLINTOCK variety.com

With the $100.3 million worldwide opening of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," Paramount has added another action franchise to Hollywood's toy chest and provided further evidence that August no longer means dog days for the box office.

20090811ba008.jpg

"G.I. Joe" -- attracting families as well as younger and older men -- scored one of the best August openings of all time, grossing an estimated $56.2 million from 4,007 runs. Overseas, the film grossed $44.1 million from 35 markets to easily win the sesh. The strong opening should encourage Paramount to go ahead with a sequel.

Elsewhere, older women bypassed "G.I. Joe" and flocked to Sony's Meryl Streep-Amy Adams starrer "Julie and Julia," which grossed $20.1 million from 2,354 runs in its opening at the domestic B.O. Pic placed No. 2.

Rogue Pictures' thriller "A Perfect Getaway," distributed by Universal, disappointed with $5.8 million from 2,159 runs to place No. 7 for its opening weekend.

On the specialty side, Fox Searchlight's "500 Days of Summer" surpassed "Sunshine Cleaning" as the top-grossing platform release of the year as it expanded nationwide in its fourth frame. Dramedy took in an estimated $3.7 million from 817 runs for a per-location average of $4,559 and cume of $12.3 million, landing at No. 10.

August has traditionally been a sleepy time at the B.O., but that's been changing in recent years as distribs look for any open spots. This year is especially crowded and will remain that way over the next few weeks, including the release of Sony's "District 9" on Friday. So far, the results are promising. Weekend was up more than 22% over the same frame last year.

But not all are finding their moment in the sun. Universal's Judd Apatow-directed comedy "Funny People" fell a steep 65% in its second frame to an estimated $7.9 million from 3,008 runs for a cume of $40.4 million.

In contrast, Paramount's summer is going gangbusters. Not only has the studio launched another franchise in "G.I. Joe," it has reenergized the "Star Trek" franchise and continued successfully mining the Transformers property.

Based around the Hasbro action figures, "G.I. Joe" was co-financed by Spyglass. Lorenzo Di Bonaventura produced the pic, which cost a pricey $175 million. "This caps off an amazing summer for our marketing and distribution team worldwide," said Paramount co-chair Rob Moore. "And 'G.I. Joe' gives us three of the top six openings of the summer, along with 'Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen' and 'Star Trek.' "

"G.I. Joe" was far from being a guaranteed success, given the property's U.S. military theme, which could particularly be a issue for overseas auds.

Par addressed the issue by sticking closer to the comicbook series, which expanded the original team of U.S. military operatives to include operatives from other countries. Studio further stressed this point by adding "Rise of the Cobra" to the movie's title. "We wanted audiences to know this was more than just a story about 'G.I. Joe,' " said Paramount prexy of international distribution Andrew Cripps.

Film was set in a number of foreign locales, and featured an international cast including Korean thespian Byung-hun Lee, Brit Sienna Miller, French-Moroccan Said Taghmaoui and South African Arnold Vosloo.

The strategy appears to have worked. "G.I. Joe" did significant business in many Asian territories, including $5.6 million in South Korea and $4.8 million in China. It also shone in Latin America, including a $2.2 million opening in Mexico. Russia was the third top territory at $4.6 million.

Par expected a bumpier ride in Europe, but opening numbers were promising, including $3.3 million in France, $2.9 million in the U.K and $2.7 million in Spain. Latin American auds are devotees of action. The same is true for Hispanic moviegoers in the U.S., who made up a third of the film's audience. Two-thirds of the "G.I. Joe" audience were men, while families made up the rest of the aud.

Par made headlines last week when it declined to screen the movie for critics, outside of selected online reviewers. Studio contended that "G.I. Joe" didn't need reviews, considering how well "Revenge of the Fallen" did despite poor notices.

"G.I. Joe" scored the fourth-best opening of all time for an August release after "The Bourne Ultimatum" ($69.3 million), "Rush Hour 2" ($67.4 million) and "Signs" ($60.1 million).

In a promising sign for the fledgling franchise, those under the age of 25 gave "G.I. Joe" an A- CinemaScore, while those over gave the pic a B. Overall CinemaScore was B+.

"Julie and Julia," directed and adapted by Nora Ephron, drew an A CinemaScore. Sony said good word-of-mouth should result in strong legs for the film, which pairs scenes from Julia Child's life with the story of a young woman who cooks and blogs her way through Child's recipes.

"Julie and Julia" skewed dramatically older and female, with 64% of the aud over the age of 35 and 67% female.

"Huge kudos to Meryl for such an amazing role, as well as to the ensemble cast. It's a really terrific start," said Sony prexy of worldwide distribution Rory Bruer.

There's no shortage of female-driven product at the domestic B.O.

Sony's romantic comedy "The Ugly Truth" remained on the top 10 chart in its third sesh, grossing an estimated $7 million from 2,975 runs for a cume of $69.1 million. And next Friday, Warner Bros. opens romantic drama "The Time Traveler's Wife."

Among openers at the specialty box office, Overture Films' "Paper Heart" grossed an estimated $206,000 from 38 locations for a per-location average of $5,421. IDP/Samuel Goldwyn's Paul Giamatti starrer "Cold Souls" posted a per-location average of $9,050, grossing an estimated $63,350 from seven locations.

Holdover "Thirst," from Focus Features, grossed an estimated $51,829 from eight runs for a per-location average of $6,479 and cume of $137,631 in its second frame.

Overseas, toons continued to post strong numbers. Disney/Pixar's "Up," which is seeing a slow rollout, grossed $16.9 million from 2,442 playdates in 21 territories for an international cume of $108.8 million. Twentieth Century Fox�s "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" grossed $14 million from 7,200 runs in 66 markets for a whopping cume of $578 million.

Guest kimchibabe

LBH has indeed done a great job as Storm Shadow. The only thing I didn't like was the fact that Snake Eyes walked away without any scratch after the fight.

Just hope that Paramount would hurry up and start the production of the sequel. Shall we call it "G.I. Joe: Rise of Storm Shadow"?

To borrow from another movie, can I say "Storm Shadow: The Origins". BH in the starring role tracing from the time he left the temple after his revenge on his Master. They could inject a love angle to show that Storm Shadow had a soft side in him.

Now that would be exciting...action -romance.

Hurry up, Hollywood. You've struck gold with Lee Byung Hun!

p.s. Does anyone know which part of G.I. Joe was shot in Prague?

August 10, 2009

'GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra' opens at number 3 at the Korean Box-office.. really not bad & quite expectedly as 'Haeundae' is really going strong (and showing at almost 200 more screens compared to GI Joe). Another cool Korean feature 'Take Off' is also screening at 120 more screens than GI Joe.

So, it is all Good for GI Joe & Cobras! thumbup.gif

z_FILMSTRI.gifWeekly Box Office 2009.08.07 ~ 2009.08.09 3-day Gross/Total Gross (won)

1 Haeundae (South Korea) 8,284,380,500 / 52,063,960,000 2009/07/23 700

2 Take Off (South Korea) 4,982,916,500 / 16,653,024,500 2009/07/29 634

3 G.I. Joe: The Rise Of Cobra (U.S.) 4,947,957,500 / 6,621,796,500 2009/08/06 514

4 A Million (South Korea) 1,316,796,500 / 1,821,743,500 2009/08/06 292

5 Up (U.S.) 1,301,774,500 / 6,024,387,500 2009/07/29 387

6 Detective Conan: The Raven Chaser (Japan) 695,534,500 / 3,193,903,000 2009/07/30 173

7 Chaw (South Korea) 358,075,000 / 12,201,004,000 2009/07/15 225

8 Harry Potter And The Half-Blood Prince (U.S.) 209,693,500 / 20,138,563,000 2009/07/15 203

9 The Meerkats (U.K.) 68,632,500 / 80,208,000 2009/08/06 72

10 Transformers: Revenge Of The Fallen (U.S.) 41,157,500 / 50,641,362,500 2009/06/24 33

Source: KOFIC

i can't wait to see GI JOE... on IMAX theater :P:P (LBH on gigantic screen)

i really hope they streamline the release of the DVD in the U.S.

but highly doubted... it seems it will be a success at the theaters...which in result would delay

the release of GI JOE's DVD release...that's usually how it goes in the U.S.

kimchibabe.. I may be wrong but the scene where Snake Eyes was on top of the SUV fighting with Storm Shadow and Baroness.. that capture appeared while they were shooting in Prague. From a bigger picture.. it seems like it's the Paris attack scene.. or not.

laughing.gif This is too cute from CINE21, thanks to the cool highlight at PlanetBH0712.. the intense stare of Storm Shadow knocks out Duke and Ripcord.. and for Scarlett (the one played by Rachel Nichols, right?), it had a different kind of effect.. LOL!

K0000002_GIJoe[W693-].jpg

Source: cine21.com

Guest love.peace.happiness.

i just came back from watching GI Joe and i have to say the movie was great..and OMG LBH did not disappoint..his English was flawless and his acting well we all know the man can act so no comparison there..man now i want to go see it again...when LBH is on screen he commands the screen the other actors didn't have the same screen present like he did..gosh i hope he comes back for the sequal cause his character is not completely gone

Guest *alodia*

@ellabel

Hi, sorry for stalking you... but i see you frequent Lee Byung Hun's hot thread....

i sent you a pm, but you might not notice it (because of the new soompi)

Thanks~

-alodia

August 11, 2009

Lee Byung Hun interview (Japan & Seoul) for G.I. Joe 

Korean reporter interviews Lee Byung Hun when the G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra entourage went to Japan for the movie premiere and press junket.

The reporter got to visit Lee's hotel suite where she interviewed him. She asked him if he is worried about his looks and aging. Lee Byung Hun replied that he doesn't mind having some wrinkles. The reporter also talked to him briefly when he walked down the Red Carpet later that night at the movie premiere. The man taking photos (of LBH - just like a fan) with the digital camera while LBH was being interviewed by the reporter is Stephen Sommers (the movie director)!!

Source & Streaming at k-popped.com 

For the whole review, please check out joblo.com

Rating: 3 out of 4

STORM SHADOW related excerpt
Another plus here was the pacing of the whole, which was effortless to say the least. Think a two hour assault on the senses! Wow action scene on top of wow action scenes backed up by zany camera shots and an engaging score. Props to Sommers for the way he executed his physical get-downs. I could actually “see” what was going on here! How refreshing! And talk about nutty action bits man. Some of them challenged Michael Bay in the destruction quota. Case in point: the chase sequence in Paris that combined accelerator suits (cool idea, not sure why everybody got their panties in a bunch over it), a truck with a ram as a front bumper, Snake Eyes hanging from that said truck, Scarlett on a motorcycle and countless cars being chucked around left and right. To say it was a mayhem fetishist’s (like me) wet dream was an understatement. richard simmons YEAH! Add to all that loving some cute references to the GI JOE cartoon (knowing is half the battle...lol), all kinds of slick and pimped up deadly vehicles/gadgets, some nifty hand to hand fights courtesy of Snake Eyes (Ray Park) and Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee…who is this dude? He owns! ), a handful of pretty good ideas (dug the nano stuff) and CGI that worked at least half the time and you get fun times for the whole family.

Guest kimchibabe

^ So you finally saw it Sis?? What was your favorite part? I felt exactly the same...I had to see it again and will before the run is finished. The impact of G.I. Joe would not have been the same without Storm Shadow. He was essential in the movie.

Have to agree, Storm Shadow really RULED! :D:P

Thanks to Japanese angels for sharing. :)

‘*:;,.★ ~☆・:.,;*LBH's diary

2009-08-04 - no.2

http://ameblo.jp/byunghunlee/entry-10314034992.html

「自分の世界。]

In my world.

家でアメリカ旅行の支度をしています。

I'm getting ready for the trip to the U.S.

荷造りがちょうど終わりました。

I just finished packing.

今回のアメリカ滞在はそれほど長くはないので荷物は少なめです。

I didn't pack much since the trip is not that long.

アメリカまでの長い「空の旅」

The long flight to the U.S.,

何をして過ごそうか考えてます。

I'm thinking what I'm going to do.

いつもは読書をしたり映画を観たり、

I usually read books and watch movies,

撮影中であれば役のことを考えたりします。

if I was filming, I sometimes think about my character.

飛行機での移動中は落ち着いて一人で過ごせる時間ですね。

I can have a peaceful time during flying(a flight).

L.Aまでの12時間、自分の世界に入ってたっぷり楽しみたいと思います。 

I'm looking forward to be in my own world during a 12-hour flight to L.A.

この写真は先日日本でも公開したI come with the rainの撮影中。

This is the photo I introduced in Japan the other day, taken while filming "I come with the rain."

ここでもやはり「自分の世界」に入ってますね。

I was in my own world at that time,too.

それでは、いってきます。

Well, I'm leaving now.

2009-08-06 http://ameblo.jp/byunghunlee/entry-10315521416.html

[取材。取材。取材]

アメリカからイ・ビョンホンです。

THis is LBH from the U.S.

丸一日取材でした。

I've been interviewed all day long.

本当に疲れたので今日はもう寝ます!!

I'm going to sleep because I'm really(very) tired.

明日はいよいよレッドカーペットです。

Tomorrow, I'll be walking down the red carpet.

August 10, 2009

BOX OFFICE

'G.I. Joe' starts at No. 1, but mission may be in jeopardy

A drop in attendance over the first two days and competition raise concerns about the film's staying power

By Ben Fritz ben.fritz@latimes.com

Paramount Pictures' strategy to shun big coastal cities and the critics paid off on opening weekend, but there's reason to wonder whether the momentum will last.

"G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra" earned a solid $56.2 million domestically and $44.1 million overseas, according to studio estimates. Spyglass Entertainment covered 25% of the picture's $175-million production budget, while Paramount paid for the rest and spent about $150 million to market and distribute it worldwide.

The opening weekend total of $100.3 million is about $10 million behind that of "Star Trek," Paramount's similar and successful attempt to revive a brand on the big screen in May. The "G.I. Joe" launch was good enough, however, to potentially start a third summer franchise for the studio, along with "Star Trek" and "Transformers." Paramount Vice Chairman Rob Moore said development on a "G.I. Joe" sequel would begin soon.

Most of the film's principal cast is contractually obligated to return, though director Stephen Sommers is not.

Paramount focused more advertising money than usual on smaller cities in the Midwest and South for the picture, a strategy that was reflected in ticket sales. Whereas movies typically earn about 50% of their box-office revenue in the Northeast and on the West Coast, Moore said, "G.I. Joe" did 40% of its business in those regions.

There was one statistic, however, that could prove worrisome for the studio: Although opening-day audiences gave the movie an average grade of B-plus, according to market research firm CinemaScore, ticket sales declined 18% on Saturday from Friday. That's often an indicator of bad buzz among moviegoers. Universal and Sony Pictures' "Funny People" experienced a slightly smaller Friday to Saturday drop of 15% on its opening weekend. This weekend, the film's second, its ticket sales plunged 65%.

"Star Trek," by contrast, saw its ticket sales increase Saturday from its Friday start and went on to more than triple its opening-weekend gross in the U.S. and Canada.

Such a fate seems unlikely for "G.I. Joe," particularly since Sony's "District 9" opens Friday and is expected to perform well with males, who made up more than 60% of the audience for this weekend's No. 1 film. Moore said Paramount would attempt to counter that threat by focusing advertising more on families, which made up only one-third of the opening weekend audience for the PG-13-rated "G.I. Joe."

"We really have the month of August to go after families with a boy who's not too young and tell them this is a movie they'll be interested in," said Moore, who noted that upcoming male-targeted pictures such as "District 9" and "Inglorious Basterds" are rated R.

If "G.I. Joe" does fade quickly at the domestic box office, it could make up some of the difference on the international front. The film did better than "Star Trek" in nearly every foreign country, particularly East Asia, where South Korean co-star Byung-hun Lee was featured in the advertising. It has yet to open in several major markets, including Germany and Italy.

Sony's attempt to counter-program with a film aimed at adult women proved successful, as "Julie & Julia" opened to $20.1 million, a healthy start given the Nora Ephron-directed drama's production budget of about $40 million. Moviegoers were 67% female and 64% over age 35.

"It's an audience that doesn't run out to movies necessarily," said Rory Bruer, distribution president for Sony Pictures. "That bodes well for our future because they have a tendency to keep going for weeks and weeks."

Sony should be helped by positive buzz, as moviegoers gave "Julie and Julia" an average grade of A and ticket sales Saturday increased 16% from Friday. It will face stiff competition next weekend, however, from Warner Bros' "The Time Traveler's Wife," which is tracking well with women, according to pre-release polling.

"Julie & Julia" undoubtedly got a boost from largely positive reviews. "G.I. Joe" was generally savaged by critics, but most reviews didn't appear until late Friday or Saturday morning. That's because Paramount didn't screen the film ahead of time for print and broadcast media, a first this year for a big-budget event film.

Moore said he was confident it was the right strategy, pointing to a brutally negative review in the New York Times that called the film a "gaseous emission" and "junk."

"Why do I want that review to run on Friday?" he asked with a laugh.

GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra isn't perfect but Storm Shadow sure steps it up..

Oh gosh.. I'm still reeling from the Storm.. can't believe that almost unblinkingly.. and almost not-breathing each time Storm Shadow steals the spot.

The theater was not even a quarter full today being a work day and still in work hours but I was told Sat and Sunday's screening were all full. I wanted to go earlier on but it was raining that I couldn't get away without getting wet. Don't want to be watching a movie in wet clothes. I really don't need the rain as I'm going to see the Storm. Luckily.. the rain stopped in time.. really don't want to postpone anything. This is my one time watching the movie.. so, no distraction, please.

At first.. probably because I haven't seen anything so loud and so blazingly explosive on the huge screen for some years now.. kinda gave me a headache at first. It's a blessing that GI Joes plot was kept simple.. no need to think deeply who's who and doing what. Most importantly.. we have to treat & think the movie as a cartoon which anything like the extravagance explosion and the mind-blowing Paris attack really do happen.. as in the comicbooks & cartoons,.

And then.. Storm Shadow's first appearance.. oh my gosh.. I can't believe my eyes.. he's so cool. It's so surreal.. our Byunghun on the big screen in a Hollywood blockbuster movie. And he's especially bad.. through and through. I wonder though.. the real deal between him and the Baroness.. is she just his best student? Is Storm Shadow only following McCullen's orders to keep Baroness true to their agreement.. no intimacy with the 'fake' husband.. in case she gets softhearted or McCullen will get a jealous fit. Or is it.. Storm Shadow.. keeping something inside his heart.

kimchibabe, I love each and every one of Storm Shadows scenes.. a no-brainer for rubie :lol: but the scene when Storm Shadow appears in the Baroness' home.. to check "closely" on her.. she said "are you spying on me?". He said.. "If I'm spying on you, you wouldn't know I'm coming".. in those lines.. he's bad and yet teasing in a serious deadly manner. Do a master do that to his best student?

Frankly.. I'm a bit disappointed that Baroness is evil only because she was infected with the nanomite. (don't blame me.. I'm rooting for the bad guys all the way! No Joe!) It's all just a play for the Cobra team. The real bad ones are left with.. Destro, Cobra Commander and Zartan as the President .. plus Storm Shadow. I sure hope Storm Shadow isn't influenced by any nanomite.. but genuinely evil.. although it does look like he had no choice being a bad ninja. Seeing the flashback of the kids.. man.. Snake Eyes and Storm Shadow as children themselves were already pretty brutal. Ella.. young Storm Shadow did speak in Korean.. no doubt about it.

It didn't really show.. or does it.. if it was Storm Shadow who killed the ninja Master although it seemed like him, fleeing the temple after he was pissed that the Master praised Snake Eyes and not him. Now I'm just eager to find out more about Storm Shadow.

I wished.. for the last 10 minutes or so.. there would be another glimpse of Storm Shadow after he fell into the water. He will return to face Snake Eyes obviously.. whom he called brother.. oh ohh.. that reaction by Storm Shadow when he first saw Snake Eyes again.. just his eyes and that wicked sense of humor?.. is PRICELESS! :wub: Byunghun really provided the best performance that simply left you craving for more.

About the voice and the English lines.. now that I've heard it myself, it does sound slightly different but really.. how can anyone think it's not BH? He's acting as Storm Shadow and he has to deliver the lines as a calculating evil person would be. He's not a casual or funny character.. he doesn't even smile. Surely his voice will sound different.. in English and in the tone required of him. IF.. IF a dubbing was needed .. because of the noisy background or other technical factors.. it will be Byunghun Lee dubbing his Storm Shadow role. Period.

Sequel spoiler Back to the Baroness or Ana.. I have a feeling that it's Storm Shadow who will rescue her from the facility that they put her in. to remove the nanomite. Would she turn evil again or what. SM in her dual role. 1) kisses Duke..2) the fake hubby and even 3) McCullen who has the hots for her. What about Storm Shadow? Baroness even knew about Storm Shadow's past and he's like her sidekick/guardian.. he'd also never leave her behind especially in the earlier scenes, when they stole the warhead from the Joes' Pit.

Channing Tatum as Duke.. Marlon Wayans as Ripcord....I have to say Ripcord is acting better.. the character fits him well and not that annoying as initially expected. Good to know that BH gets along well with him.

Snake Eyes by himself.. is intriguingly mysterious.. Storm Shadow.. by himself and in every scene with others simply commands the screen. Snake Eyes vs Storm Shadow.. their fights were just too short.. I thought there would be longer.. in the final scene.. these two can battle it out all the way in the sequel. I'm in!

Despite earlier concern and following BH in his usual acting mode.. I'm really proud & happy to see BH in GI Joe, his first experience is really giving good impression for and of him. We can debate senseless about him being in such a popcorn treat but he totally proved himself that he can and will deliver no matter what.

Sung-ja.. please write at Byunghun's blog and tell Byunghun-ssi how we love his Storm Shadow portrayal in GI Joe. Two thumbs up and well done!

Bravo BYUNGHUN LEE

panda1-1.gif STORM SHADOW Rules!

Related captures from various sites & fan-sharing at EverythingLBH

Check out more photos compiled at our Gallery & Related update here

EverythingLBH.com thanks every fan-sharing ardently with our utmost gratitude

August 10, 2009

Lee Byung Hun at the G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra Los Angeles Premiere

Source: Byung Hun Lee talks G.I.JOE l Pics credit: Zimbio, Asia Economy Korea l k-popped.com

bh03.jpg

Although Lee Byung Hun is popular in Asia, what am i saying - Japanese women practically worships the ground he walks on. Yeah he's THAT popular! Fans in America have just been introduced to Lee Byung Hun for the first time in G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra. He plays Storm Shadow - a baddie, in the movie. Lee Byung Hun fits into the Hollywood role comfortably

Here are some excerpts from Mania.com's interview with the actor who admits the world of Joe vs. Cobra is all new to him.

"It didn't show in Korea. I had no idea about G.I. Joe when I first got the script," Lee said, admitting he was a little hesitant to take the part. "I had a lot of time to discuss the character Storm Shadow with [director] Stephen Sommers and [producer] Lorenzo di Bonaventura."

Lee also revealed that his first friend in Hollywood (that was before he got really chummy with the gorgeous BARONESS Sienna Miller) is Ray Park, the man who plays Snake Eyes in the movie.

"He was my first friend in Hollywood actually," Lee said of Park. "In the movie we are hating each other but in real life we're really good friends. We took a lot of time to practice the choreography and training before the production."

Will Lee be in the next G.I. Joe movies? He confirmed for us that he's signed to play Storm Shadow in additional films if the studio calls for it.

"This was my first try to be a comic book character, so that's why I hesitated a little bit to commit to this production," Lee said, adding that, while high-octane superheroes may be popular in America, this kind of movie is new to him. He's not thinking in terms of the next superhero (or villain) he'll play. "I've doing more realistic characters and projects, so I don't know."

He's already working on his next project in Asia (drama IRIS!), but would consider doing another American film if the right project comes along. We asked him if there's a particular director he's interested in working with.

"There are a lot of good actors and directors in the states I think, but I'd really like to work with director Cameron Crowe. I like his work."