Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Thanks Ching for the BD memories. :D Our BH was in his Daejin-mode.. huh.. huh. :lol:

Similar to SSH's birthday party in 2001 that BH attended after he finished filming BD.. I think there's Park Yong Ha as one of his guests... who had also turned up in JW's birthday party. :P Right?

But.. but.. my bigger question :blush: .. is there a VOD for this? I've seen the one of JW with PYH but not with BH? How come just pics yet no clip?

Will post the pics at the forum, too.. a great sharing. Merci! :wub:

I read that VOD recording was not allowed during the event. :P

I read that VOD recording was not allowed during the event. :P

HUH! :huh:

But I did watch a VOD of JW and PYH at the event plus another person, I can't remember who.. perhaps, the emcee at the time. :mellow:

If I'm not mistaken.. I dl-ed the clip from a JW fansite.. can't remember the site (it had a lot of BD clips).. not sure if it even exists anymore. It was so long ago.. right after watching BD on TV in 2002. Of course, the clip is no longer available either.. :sweatingbullets: .. could be a fan 'secretly' taping the event.

Yet I do remember watching the clip (quite a long one, too.. some Q&As without understanding anything).. because I was hoping and hoping and hoping :P to see BH appearing in the end. I guess that's why there's only one clip.. whatever they could "share"..

But.. sigh..

Thanks for the reply, Ching.. *appreciate it*... you know blurpanda here :blush: .. I had to ask.. huh.. huhuhu..

I came across a new forum for LBH at leebyunghun.sg.

Went to check it out and join but there's no way to register. >.<

So.. I guess it's only for the Singapore fans? :mellow:

Anyway.. it's good to see that support for BH going strong despite some restrictions recently and (probably) more to come.

Maybe Elaine or summer can clarify this... or not. Thanks.

http://leebyunghun.sg/forum/YaBB.pl

Guest TY_KSW

March 26, 2008

Actor Lee Byung-hun to Launch Film Tour in Japan

http://english.kbs.co.kr/ICSFiles/artimage...80326_ent_1.jpg

Top Hallyu star Lee Byung-hun is set to launch a large-scale film-screening tour in Japan.

Source: KBS Global

All the hot movies are aiming to Japan market.. I wonder when will Hunnie stop by my country for any of his promote tour!

my hope, come bigger when there involved director Tran, at least, he must show off to his fatherland, right?

Sure that time, Hunnie will see, how much i love him then .. hahhaha! tsk tsk.. **quiver to think about that day** :sweatingbullets:

All the hot movies are aiming to Japan market.. I wonder when will Hunnie stop by my country for any of his promote tour!

my hope, come bigger when there involved director Tran, at least, he must show off to his fatherland, right?

Sure that time, Hunnie will see, how much i love him then .. hahhaha! tsk tsk.. **quiver to think about that day** :sweatingbullets:

LOL! TY.. good to see that you've come to your panda senses. :P

Even though it's no secret around here.. how you .. uhh.. dislike the Director of ICWTR.. he might be able to bring Hunnie closer.. huh.. huh..

lmfaomg5.gif

Guest TY_KSW

LOL! TY.. good to see that you've come to your panda senses. :P

Even though it's no secret around here.. how you .. uhh.. dislike the Director of ICWTR.. he might be able to bring Hunnie closer.. huh.. huh..

lmfaomg5.gif

hahahahha.. didn't i tell you Pandarube? that the only thing i invest my big attention into his film is Director Tran is Franch Vietnamese who at least, could bring this film to his homeland... !!!

At that time, he will be the second man i ask for signature, of course, Hunnie is my AIM then! muahhaah!

wonder what is Hotel will he stay if he comes here? Sofitel (like JDG used to stay) or Legent (like Beckham) or Sheraton (like president Bush ) or Park Hyatt (like Brangelina)?? hahahah! :lol:

^ LOL. Let's hope.. your dream will come true because it makes sense since Dir. Tran is also Vietnamese. But our BH is really a down-to-earth guy.. doesn't really matter where he stays actually although it'll be something set by the movie sponsors if there's indeed an Asian ICWTR tour. Well.. it's very likely that there might be an Asian promo.. huh.. huh.. since the movie has more top Asian actors all in one.. LBH, Shawn Yue, Takuya Kimura.. Mrs. Tran. :D Plus the filming of the movie was done mainly in HK and the Philippines.

Just don't be surprised.. BH is well-known for his low-profile yet friendly appearance and especially a simple, minimum entourage when he goes on tour. Just him and 1 or 2 managers. That's all. :lol:

March 19, 2008

Lee Byeong-Heon, first filming of Hollywood movie "G. I. Joe"

2008031916260853994_1.jpg

Lee Byeong-Heon finished the first filming of the Hollywood action move "G. I. Joe" as Storm Shadow.

Paramount Pictures said on the 19th that Lee Byeong-Heon successful completed an important filming on the 13th.

His character, Storm Shadow, has a complicated and dark past. He left Korea on January 23 to practice action scenes and rehearse.

His first Hollywood work, "G. I. Joe" is a remake of a cartoon, and it portrays the conflict between the terrorist commander Cobra and U. S. military unit.

Paramount Pictures said, "Lee Byeong-Heon is a top star popular not only in Korea, but in all of Asia".

Original article at news.empas.com

English translation by www.hancinema.net

Guest TY_KSW

^ LOL. Let's hope.. your dream will come true because it makes sense since Dir. Tran is also Vietnamese. But our BH is really a down-to-earth guy.. doesn't really matter where he stays actually although it'll be something set by the movie sponsors if there's indeed an Asian ICWTR tour. Well.. it's very likely that there might be an Asian promo.. huh.. huh.. since the movie has more top Asian actors all in one.. LBH, Shawn Yue, Takuya Kimura.. Mrs. Tran. :D Plus the filming of the movie was done mainly in HK and the Philippines.

Just don't be surprised.. BH is well-known for his low-profile yet friendly appearance and especially a simple, minimum entourage when he goes on tour. Just him and 1 or 2 managers. That's all. :lol:

after reading your words, im crossing my fingers and toes to that happened! :w00t:

just need to see in Hunnie in flesh.. dun mind the other actors around !

Dir Tran, pls bring my Hunnie to homeland Vietnam.. erhmm.. mind you.. Ho Chi Minh city (SGN) is the destination!!!!!

:sweatingbullets::w00t:

aWw.. there goes my hope of seeing our BH pairing up with Ms. Jeon in her new movie as Hunnie sets off to be the elusively exclusive Storm Shadow. But it's also good to see Ha Jung Woo, a very promising actor gets the role instead.. which I think is awesome and one who should able to match JDY. Interesting note.. HJW was JDY's bodyguard in 'Lovers in Prague', now back as lovers themselves in 'A Fine Day'. I'd say.. a fine match. huh.

Anyway.. maybe.. when .. BH comes back to Korean movies.. maybe in another romantic-melo (a modern-setting ^^ important!).. maybe.. we'll see a much-awaited pair-up of LBH & JDY. Who knows. :blush:

---

March 20, 2008

Top stars' next work anticipated

200803201644193180ox4.jpg

Top stars including Jeon Do-yeon, Choi Min-sik, Song Kang-ho, and Seol Kyeong-gu are emerging as saviors of Korean movies. From blockbuster hits to cinematographic movies, they aim to revitalize various genres this summer.

Jeon Do-yeon, who received the Cannes Film Festival award for Best Actress for "Secret Sunshine" is working hard to finish filming "A Fine Day".

This movie is about an unemployed, single woman in her thirties who meets an ex-boyfriend and embarks on an adventure for a day.

She acts with Ha Jeong-woo, who is raising stock prices with this year's best movie, "The Chaser".

As soon as filming ends at the end of this month, they will go into the latter half of production.

Park Ji-eun, the marketing team leader of the production company said, "There isn't a definite genre and plans for marketing, but it is certain that you can see this film in theaters in the later half of the year".

Choi Min-sik is done filming "Himalaya-Where the Wind Stops".

He showed his great acting in 2004 in "Old Boy", and this is his first film in three years after "Crying Fist" in 2005.

When a Nepalese factory worker dies in an accident, Choi Min-sik's character goes to a town in the Himalayas to give his family the remains. Director Jeon Soo-il has gone to many international film festivals with movies such as "The Bird Who Stops in the Air".

Team leader Son Min-kyung of Show East, the producing company, revealed that, "Kim Hyeong-suk, who was the music director of "My Sassy Girl", is also involved. It will be premiered in the first half of this year if impossible".

Song Kang-ho, a very influential actor, will be appearing in the Western style blockbuster "The Good, the Bad, and the Weird".

It is an action movie of men who are in lawless Manchuria in the 1930s during Japanese control. It is expected to be this year's best movie, for it features other top stars such as Lee Byeong-Heon and Jeong Woo-seong.

Also, Seol Kyeong-gu will play Kang Chul-jung, and Choi Min-soo will be in "Street of Dreams", a joint production of Korea, America, and Japan.

Movie producers said, "The fact that top stars like Jeon Do-yeon and Song Kang-ho are starring means an audience of at least 1 million. There is great expectation that they will bring a new craze into the stuck movie industry.

Original article at media.daum.net

English translation by www.hancinema.net

Guest summer0323

I came across a new forum for LBH at leebyunghun.sg.

Went to check it out and join but there's no way to register. >.<

So.. I guess it's only for the Singapore fans? :mellow:

Anyway.. it's good to see that support for BH going strong despite some restrictions recently and (probably) more to come.

Maybe Elaine or summer can clarify this... or not. Thanks.

http://leebyunghun.sg/forum/YaBB.pl

Rubie,

I'm in puzzle too...it stated the menu on top hv Home", "Help", "Login", "Register", etc. Click on "Register". But I didn't see the word "register"! I tried here n there, in the end I ended registered the wrong site! :wacko::sweatingbullets:

Rubie,

I'm in puzzle too...it stated the menu on top hv Home", "Help", "Login", "Register", etc. Click on "Register". But I didn't see the word "register"! I tried here n there, in the end I ended registered the wrong site! :wacko::sweatingbullets:

Eh!.. that's strange, huh.. :mellow:

I know.. same with me.. but I thought it might be just for Singapore fans. :sweatingbullets: If I'm not mistaken.. there're already 33 members. :unsure:

Maybe.. it's by invitation.. :huh: .. anyway.. thanks summer for the response. Appreciate it very much & good to see you! ^^

Guest TY_KSW

Who is Korean Jo Ju Lung ?

March 27 2008

20080327000559_0.jpg

Jang Dong Gun was chosen as Korea Jo Ju Lung (Zhao Zi Long). From March 3rd till 17th for a total of 15 days, film "Three Kingdom: Resurrection of the Dragon" held a survey "the most suitable actor to become a whole new Jo Ju Lung is ?" on their pre-ticket sales website in Cizle. In this survey, Korea national actor Jang Dong Gun received 76% of the netizens support to hold the first place.

In this movie, Jo Ju Lung character is played by Hong Kong actor Andy Lau. This character is named by many as a general that was never defeated, and is also a character that is well respected and admired from the Three Kingdom. Jo Ju Lung not only had the martial art that was comparable to Kwan Yu and Zhang Fei (two other popular characters from the Three Kingdom), he was also well known for his open-minded and understanding characteristic and his willingness to share his success with other people. In the Three Kingdom he was also one of the top general.

Jang Dong Gun who was chosen to be in the first place in this survey, was loved by viewers because of the strong impression he left as an actor who showed toughness with gentle looks through his movies "The Promise", "TaeGukgi", "Typhoon" . Trailing behind Jang Dong Gun was Bae Yong Joon who had recently portrayed King Damduk in TV drama "The Legend" with 11% of the votes, "The Good, the Bad and the Weird" Lee Byung Hun was at the third place with 8% and "Fate" Kwon Sang Woo with 5% at the Forth place.

"Three Kingdom: Resurrection of the Dragon" top Hong Kong Superstar Andy Lau, Maggie Q and Sammo Hung will open on April 3rd in Korea.

Original source: http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...nu=701100&g

_serial=320733

Translated by Just Jang Dong Gun @ http://justjdg.blogspot.com/

Thanks TY-hunnie, really appreciate the sharing. MWAH!

It's alright if BH is only lightly mentioned in the survey update.. as long as it's some news on him, personally.. I'm cool with anything.

And you know.. rubie likes to keep all BH-related news compiled. The one thing that I can do, to share. :blush:

Thanks again, TY and JJDG for the translation. I've been wondering this from before, really grateful for the gist. Merci!

Guest TY_KSW

Thanks TY-hunnie, really appreciate the sharing. MWAH!

It's alright if BH is only lightly mentioned in the survey update.. as long as it's some news on him, personally.. I'm cool with anything.

And you know.. rubie likes to keep all BH-relates news compiled. The one thing that I can do, to share. :blush:

Thanks again, TY and JJDG for the translation. I've been wondering this from before, really grateful for the gist. Merci!

m glad to share dear.. dun have to merci dear ! :) It's also my duty to contribute! m so shame for not having been as sourceful as you are in updating Hunnie news! :phew:

n yes, m happy to see JDG-Hunnie-KSW in the top list!

Wonder myself whether is there a day when directors/producers think of a Korean version ""Three Kingdom" or Korean version "Ocean's Eleven" that CASTING MY 3 ADORABLE MEN LEE BYUNG HUN - JANG DONG GUN AND KWON SANG WOO???

Hahhahah!

Wonder myself whether is there a day when directors/producers think of a Korean version ""Three Kingdom" or Korean version "Ocean's Eleven" that CASTING MY 3 ADORABLE MEN LEE BYUNG HUN - JANG DONG GUN AND KWON SANG WOO???

Hahhahah!

Oops, TY.. actually.. there's a netizen survey before and BH is already considered as one of the "Ocean's Eleven" .. IF .. there's ever a Korean version of the movie. They had chosen BH to play Brad Pitt's role. :blush:

May 25, 2007

Fans choice: The Korean Ocean's 13 - LBH vs Brad Pitt

200705251423101460rn0.jpg

The rest of the cast

http://img238.imageshack.us/img238/5306/20...05310032xb5.jpg

http://img129.imageshack.us/img129/3182/20...23101462uf6.jpg

Article at news.media.daum.net, copied from EverythingLBH

Even before that.. in 2004/2005 (?).. there's another netizen survey for Korean STAR WARS trilogy which I just lovelovelove. They chose LBH as the most suitable to portray Han Solo. :wub: rubie here is a Star Wars diehard :blush: and I can't be more elated & happy about it. LOL.

Anyway.. those were just netizens' survey... and there are a lot in Korea. :sweatingbullets:

Guest TY_KSW

Oops, TY.. actually.. there's a netizen survey before and BH is already considered as one of the "Ocean's Eleven" .. IF .. there's ever a Korean version of the movie. They had chosen BH to play Brad Pitt's role. :blush:

Even before that.. in 2004/2005 (?).. there's another netizen survey for Korean STAR WARS trilogy which I just lovelovelove. They chose LBH as the most suitable to portray Han Solo. :wub: rubie here is a Star Wars diehard :blush: and I can't be more elated & happy about it. LOL.

Anyway.. those were just netizens' survey... and there are a lot in Korea. :sweatingbullets:

really? IF Hunnie was chosen as Brad Pitt role then JDG would be George Clooney's while KSW is MAtt Damon role! ahhahah! of course, it is my choice! :rolleyes:

May 25, 2007

Fans choice: The Korean Ocean's 13 - LBH vs Brad Pitt

Article at news.media.daum.net, copied from EverythingLBH

Thanks very much for the info Rubie, that's so cool. Yay, our Hunnie got one of the main roles lol The fans obviously took into account that Brad is a good lookin' guy so they chose an even better lookin' guy for his role lol :P I must say our Hunnie looks DELICIOUS in that pic, don't you just love his hair? lol :wub:

^ aWw.. thanks Ching and Ping especially for the links to the GBW location clips.. I've seen them before but couldn't 'grab' the link to download. Can we keep the clips, somehow?

The Chinese location were really the tough and extremely rough filming spots for the GBW crew and cast. It's clear of the very windy and sandstorm situation.. all the time. I think I saw Dir. KJW in the clip, that's him.. huh? And the explosive train sequence is just awesome! :o I wonder if it was BH that was seen at the corner of clip.. looks him him.. from the back. :blush:

Excellent sharing. Merci! :wub: