Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

It seems that a lot unmasked storm shadow poster coming in...am really excited to see this movie and of course the most awaited IRIS..wow..am sure Byung-hun ssi is really busy nowadays...

About Storm Shadow.. it's no wonder how BH had been so calm with his decision to be in GI Joe.. despite all those talks & fans-anxiety about the character's masked costume. He already knew that he won't be that "invisible" to see. :P

Thanks to the highlight at LBH MagicBox, captures courtesy dcinside

20090711iris1.jpg20090711iris2.jpg

20090711iris3.jpg20090711iris4.jpg

Probably at the Korean consulate residence in Hungary?

cp27tmp.jpg

Capture thanks to chien of justonlyyoublog / enyla at IRIS-soompi.com

Just a rambling.. despite the uncertainty about BH on Facebook.. may he is.. maybe he's not.. and his forever insanely busy schedule 24/7 (yet he manages to do a lot of things in between -- Seoul Savvy, friends' wedding, VIP Premieres, BH&C, etc) .. just a personal panda feeling.. he may already have his lady-love but he's not showing her yet as it's his prerogative anyways. Whoever the lucky girl is.. there's a she for him. Yupyup.. throw all your snowballs.. panda here is just wishing him the best of everything. :blush: *runs*

ps: ok.. I just got a crash-course on Facebook.. no no.. not starting one, just the run-down by a cool friend. I'm too shorthanded to even be thinking of starting one and frankly with two BH-related blogs & ELBH forum-cabinet site + threads.. I really, really can't and shouldn't.. if I want to keep myself in one piece, literally. :wacko:

Anyway.. Byunghun-ssi could and possibly would have his own Facebook.. simply because he likes checking the internet whenever he's able to (on breaks, during flight-transits, etc) and obviously he would like to keep himself updated with entertainment news and stuff. Now that Facebook requires a "friend-approval" to be connected to the person with a specific Facebook, seems more likely that he may have an account as well. But of course, every other person can also claim to be LBH on the worldwideweb of the internet.. no?

However.. hope someone can share some cool gist on the latest BH/Storm Shadow update today..

Korean promotions for 'GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra' upcoming screening on August 6, a day ahead of the US/worldwide screening will start with the movie's press conference at the Shilla Hotel, Seoul on July 29 to be held in the Dynasty Hall.

Is the date correct? LBH will be joined by Dir. Stephen Sommers, Producer Lorenzo Di Bonaventura, and actress Sienna Miller.

이병헌 할리우드 진출작 ‘지아이조’ 제작자와 주연배우 내한

입력: 2009년 07월 13일 18:49:53

20090714.02500119090234.01L.jpg

© BH Entertainment

Source: sports.khan.co.kr

Hope someone.. ylin.. Ching.. can clarify this for us. :unsure:

Guest ellabel

^^ Thanks jeeji, Fel chingu and rubie sis for appreciating my humble contribution and gift to BH for his birthday. :blush: I really dont do it for anyone of my other namjas, only for my one and only HUNnie. ;):lol:

rubes dear, you can share any of my posts wherever.... as much as i want to visit other BH thread/blogs, i really dont have much time and means esp. when i'm in the office unlike before.

Welcome to LBH thread, jeeji! :D

Hope to see you again here. Just share anything LBH.

OMG!!!! Look at those long slashes/wounds..... Aigoo!!! Looks so painful. :o :tear:

If LBH is in FB, I'm sure he'll have millions of requests to be friends with him, starting with me, of corz. :lol:

Who wouldnt want to know what's going on in his life and to see new pics of him.

Btw, ylin sis, I just saw parts 1 & 2 of the Hip Korea u sent me. It's a great watch. I love hearing BH speak in english. Not bad... the best I've heard of all those K=actors who didnt grew up or studied abroad. Will d/l and watch the 3rd part tom. So sleepy already. :lol: Thanks for sharing it to me Hunnie sis. Mwah! :wub:

July 13, 2009

G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra [score From the Motion Picture] [soundtrack]

Source: amazon.com, thanks to the highlight by cacao-lovelbh.com

Alan Silvestri (Composer)

RoC_OST.jpg

Price: $15.56 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25

Special Offers Available

Pre-order Price Guarantee.

This title released on August 4, 2009.

Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.

'G.I. JOE" CAST TO VISIT SEOUL JULY 28

090713_p17_joe.jpg

Sienna Miller in “G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra”

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

The director and main cast of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra", including British screen beauty Sienna Miller and hallyu star Lee Byeong-Heon, will visit Korea later this month to promote the Hollywood action flick, domestic distributor CJ Entertainment announced Monday.

Stephen Sommers, best known as the director of "The Mummy", Miller and lead actor Channing Tatum will arrive in Seoul July 28 ahead of the film's release here Aug. 6.

Lee, the heartthrob of hit TV soap "All In", will join the co-stars of his Hollywood debut piece in a press conference the following morning at Shilla Hotel.

The action- and computer graphics-packed film is based on the G.I. Joe Real American Hero toy franchise, and brings together the producer of "Transformer" and the special effects team of "The Bourne Ultimatum". The globetrotting mission has scenes across Paris, the Egyptian desert and the Arctic seas.

Set in the near future, it is about an elite American military force that must deal with the rise of the terrorist organization Cobra. According to USA Today, the director is quoted as saying that the film is for people who know nothing about the original franchise.

Lee stars as Storm Shadow, a Japanese assassin, among other evil Cobra members such as the Baroness, played by Miller. Tatum, who became popular as a break dancer in "Step Up", assumes the role of the good guy, the lead G.I. Joe soldier Duke.

Source : www.koreatimes.co.

Credit : Hancinema

Thanks willenette for the Korea Times update on GI Joe's Korean press conference, appreciate the highlight. It made much more sense than gisting from thin air.

---

イ・ビョンホン、パーフェクトな腹筋公開…カリスマ剣術シーンに注目

2009/07/14(Tue) 10:50

101271_l.jpg

トップスターイ・ビョンホンがハリウッド進出作『G.I.ジョー:戦争の序幕』で、ベールに包まれていた姿を公開した。

最先端の武器を盾に人類を脅かす強力なテロリスト軍団コブラと失敗を知らない最強の特殊軍団G.I.ジョーの対決を描いた今回の映画で、秘密兵器ストームシャドウに扮したイ・ビョンホンがスティールを公開した。

イ・ビョンホンが演技したストームシャドウはコブラの危険な計画のため雇用された用兵で、特殊制作された剣を自由自在に活用し、跡形も残さず任務を遂行する人物。善と悪の区別無く与えられた任務に従って動く秘密のキャラクター。これまで映画の中の活躍性が公開されず映画ファンの関心が増加していたが、カリスマ溢れるイ・ビョンホンのスティールが公開され、関心が集中している。

全身に刻まれた切り傷に吸い込まれるほどの強力な眼差し。両手には鋭い剣を握り誰かを凝視しているような姿が印象的だ。実際に映画で剣術を演技するのが初めてだったというイ・ビョンホンは『良い奴、悪い奴、変な奴』の撮影を終えるなり、米国現地スタッフと会い、剣術演技のための長いトレーニング過程を経た。

「初めは上手くやりたい気持ちに比べ、思い通りに行かず非常に心配したが、時間が過ぎ剣術に対する魅力と面白さを感じるようになった」と、イ・ビョンホンは鍛えられた筋肉で注目を集めた。そうそうたるハリウッド俳優と肩を並べ、世界的なスターとして跳躍を始めたイ・ビョンホンのハリウッド挑戦作『G.I.ジョー:戦争の序幕』は、8月6日に韓国国内で公開される。

:excl: Please don't roll your eyes, hunnies.. straight from the google translator [VERY SORRY -- it's hard keeping up]

Lee, public attention to the scene ... the perfect abdominal muscles of sword-fighting charismatic

2009/07/14 (Tue) 10:50

Top Star Lee Byung Hun in a Hollywood film, 'GI Joe: The Rise of Cobra' in which a public figure was unveiled.

Unaware of the special corps of the strongest corps fails Cobra terrorist threat to mankind in a powerful shield weapons in the state of the art in the film depicting a GI Joe's face, but Lee Steele released dressed in secret STORM SHADOW.

Lee was acting STORM SHADOW imported player was in a dangerous plan for the employment of a cobra, to use freely the sword was made special people to carry out their mission without leaving a trace. Characters move according to the secret mission given without distinction between right and wrong. The increase in the interest of moviegoers who are not made public so far in the film, is published Lee Steele's charisma filled the attention.

眼差SHI strong enough to be carved into the cut through the body. It is impressive in his hands, like the handful who stare at the sharp sword. Lee was the first act of the action-fighting is actually in the film 'The Good, The Bad, The Weird' and finish the shoot, meet local staff and the U.S., the long training process for the performance of fence old.

"I want to do better than the beginning, but very concerned about the way going to feel the charm and fun for the fence after hours," Lee has attracted attention with trained muscles. Side by side with eminent Hollywood actor, began his attempt to jump as I・BYONHON Hollywood stars and world's GI Joe: prelude to war, is to be published August 6 in South Korea on Sunday.

© Innolife & Digital YTN & Joynews24 & inews24 via contents.innolife.net

Lee Byung Hun unmasked in GI Joe

rbhcool.gif Related fan-excerpt mention Lee Byung Hun courtesy geekinheels.com

July 13, 2009

And come August 7th, one of my favorite Korean actors, Lee Byung Hun, will make his Hollywood debut as Storm Shadow, the "white ninja" in G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra.

I've had a crush on Lee Byung Hun since his
Happy Together
days, but it was really his starring roles in two epic Jo Sung Mo music videos that sealed the deal for me.

The classic Korean ballad, "
To Heaven
": (view clips at the link provided)

The two-part music video for "불멸의 사랑" (
Immortal Love
):

Even if you do not know a word of Korean, I guarantee you will enjoy these videos...they are mini Korean dramas themselves!

A few years back, I had the pleasure of meeting Lee Byung Hun at a bar in NYC's K-Town. Let's just say I was not disappointed to see one of my favorite Korean stars in person, as he's much better looking in real life!

Ever since I heard that Lee Byung Hun was cast in G.I. Joe, I had been eagerly awaiting to see clips and/or stills featuring him (without the mask). However, they were disappointingly missing from the web...until now.

I have always been a sucker for action movies filled with explosions and fx eye candy, and Hollywood's latest and greatest re-imagining established franchises from our childhood days are no exception. After finally seeing some unmasked Storm Shadow pictures, I'm counting down the days until August 7th!

Source: geekinheels.com

Hope someone can help gist the article for us, please? :blush: Something about Kim So Yeon commenting LBH's muscles? :lol:

김소연 “이병헌 멋진 근육에 파스” 폭소

기사입력 : 2009-07-14 11:38

N2009071411383130001.jpg

113852000001.jpg

글 / 박진희 기자 jini@eto.co.kr via eto.freechal.com

Guest cynthia05

Byunghun on Facebook? :huh: Honestly, I'm not sure.. this is the first time I'm hearing it.. and personally I'm not familiar with facebooks. :sweatingbullets: rubie is already too swamped to try facebook despite invitation from several friends.

Anyway.. I don't know whether it's true.. or it could be fans setting it up. He had a personal blog once in 2005 but it was stopped after a year. I might be wrong but I don't think it's Byunghun's.. because he's especially a private person and so far, career-wise and his activities are handled through his own agency and his official fan club.

Maybe someone can clarify the situation regarding the Facebook. Anyone?

Yes its definitely his. Check out all his familiar "friends" names and you will know whether it is his or not

Yes its definitely his. Check out all his familiar "friends" names and you will know whether it is his or not

Hi Cynthia, you're back! How's ICWTR? Let us know.. let us know. :lol: I wished I could be like you.. travel in an instant just for BH. My family would never let me.. in case the blurr(panda) that I am.. got herself lost or something. :P

Yup.. I had a very interesting and enlightening PM last night about BH's possible Facebook account *Merci!*.. it definitely looks like his own :rolleyes: .. but I'm sure that it is only exclusive to his own close friends and not to the fans, in general or in particular.

Would Elsie be getting Byunghun's facebook.. the one claiming such personal info? Elsie, what do you think? It could be someone else.. but posing as him. The real BH wouldn't be all-out obvious.. even if he has a girlfriend.

ps: I'm referring to Facebook like a blind cat as I have none of my own.. suddenly, it feels so sad that everyone has it (the most "IN' thing).. even BH, too. But it's been just too much to handle lately.. that I might have to give up the rest.

As we've surpassed the 151,000 mark, thanks to everyone's warm encouragement & support

Byunghun of our Hearts appreciates you ty299as.gif

Btw.. licklips.gif Mr. Lee Byunghun's STORM SHADOW body of steel is an absolute HOT TOPIC over the Korean media today..

July 13, 2009

'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra' Cast to Visit Seoul July 28

By Lee Hyo-won

Staff Reporter

top_storm.jpg

The director and main cast of "G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra," including British screen beauty Sienna Miller and hallyu star Lee Byung-hun, will visit Korea later this month to promote the Hollywood action flick, domestic distributor CJ Entertainment announced Monday.

Stephen Sommers, best known as the director of "The Mummy," Miller and lead actor Channing Tatum will arrive in Seoul July 28 ahead of the film's release here Aug. 6.

Lee, the heartthrob of hit TV soap "All In," will join the co-stars of his Hollywood debut piece in a press conference the following morning at Shilla Hotel.

The action- and computer graphics-packed film is based on the G.I. Joe Real American Hero toy franchise, and brings together the producer of "Transformer" and the special effects team of "The Bourne Ultimatum." The globetrotting mission has scenes across Paris, the Egyptian desert and the Artic seas.

Set in the near future, it is about an elite American military force that must deal with the rise of the terrorist organization Cobra. According to USA Today, the director is quoted as saying that the film is for people who know nothing about the original franchise.

Lee stars as Storm Shadow, a Japanese assassin, among other evil Cobra members such as the Baroness, played by Miller. Tatum, who became popular as a break dancer in "Step Up," assumes the role of the good guy, the lead G.I. Joe soldier Duke.

Credits: hyowlee@koreatimes.co.kr

Previously related entries

BH-GI Joe press conference July 29 [X]

Topless Storm Shadow Alert [X]

Byunghun’s Storm Shadow treat [X]

Recently Byunghun [X]

GI Joe: No Mask on Poster [X]

Guest cynthia05

Hi Cynthia, you're back! How's ICWTR? Let us know.. let us know. :lol: I wished I could be like you.. travel in an instant just for BH. My family would never let me.. in case the blurr(panda) that I am.. got herself lost or something. :P

Yup.. I had a very interesting and enlightening PM last night about BH's possible Facebook account *Merci!*.. it definitely looks like his own :rolleyes: .. but I'm sure that it is only exclusive to his own close friends and not to the fans, in general or in particular.

Would Elsie be getting Byunghun's facebook.. the one claiming such personal info? Elsie, what do you think? It could be someone else.. but posing as him. The real BH wouldn't be all-out obvious.. even if he has a girlfriend.

ps: I'm referring to Facebook like a blind cat as I have none of my own.. suddenly, it feels so sad that everyone has it (the most "IN' thing).. even BH, too. But it's been just too much to handle lately.. that I might have to give up the rest.

No I am not back yet....still in Tokyo and hopefully to catch ICWTR for the 3rd time tomorrow before I leave for Seoul.....praying for a surprise event on Friday! Will fill u in on the movie when my thots are more gathered after I get home. But one thing I can say is that ByungHun looks soooo....SEXY and HANDSOME and he gave an excellent emotional performance using his most powerful tool - HIS EYES

3 times! :w00t: I'm so impressed! That sexy Hunnie sure has undeniably incredible impact on us! So happy that you managed to watch the movie, that is so cool. Will definitely look forward to all your thoughts and tidbits.. everything! Totally agree and indeed.. Byunghun is most sexy in ICWTR.. and even more daring now that he's reaching 39+. *faints!*

And I heard it'll be GBW's 1st anniversary this Friday.. right.. July 17th comes so fast! Sure hope there'll be a special event for Dir. Kim and the Nom Nom Nom.. like they had BSL 1st Anniversary in 2006. That would be so awesome, go Cynthia!

Guest shinerelsie

Hello! about FB of Byung-hun-ssi, i think i added a wrong one. Hopefully i'll get the real one soon...

And to all the news about visiting Korea of the cast of GI JOE makes me jealous, hehehe.. hopefully someday BH will visit Philippines too maybe when Iris get a chance to be shown here. I wish i had a chance to meet him in person.

Anyway, thanks guys for always make me update about BH's carrier and daily living there...love lots! Take care everyone...

^ hug.gif.. please don't mention it, Elsie.. the pleasure being Byunghun fans here in EverythingLBH-soompi.com is all ours, through and through. :wub: If we don't talk about him, who will.. huh. ^^ We just love sharing everything about BH.. watching his work, reading and learning about the person each day.. simply & strongly makes us adore him more!

For me, having more & more fans knowing about this incredible talented actor is the utmost reward! BH gets us going and never cease to inspire his fans every day. No one can deny how he really appreciates the support he's been getting since the first day, that's why we will never be disappointed seeing him onscreen every time... always pushing the limits to present his best, again & again.

Who knows, one day.. you'll be able to see and meet BH upclose especially when we're least expecting it.. fans and friends here have certainly done it. Hopefully we will be able to continue watching Byunghun-ssi in many, many, many more movies and dramas to come.. best ones made in Korea and internationally because he's certainly will continue to give his best for the fans.

So, don't ever stop talking about Byunghun with us.. ok! :D We've got IRIS in September, and lots more of Byunghun-ssi to share together. :wub:

New G.I. Joe Posters: Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes

Posted by Allan Ford 14 July, 2009

gijoeo.jpg

Three new “G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra” posters from artist J. Scott Campbell have hit the net, featuring Storm Shadow (Byung-hun Lee) and Snake Eyes (Ray Park).

gijoesnakeeyesstormshad.jpg

G.I. Joe is a highly trained, classified Special Operations Unit composed of men and woman from around the globe. Officially, these warriors don’t even exist. Few know the truth - that G.I. Joe fights a secret war, as the first and last line of defence against forces that seek to plunge our world into chaos. Wherever there’s trouble, G.I. Joe is there!

“G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra,”directed by Stephen Sommers (The Mummy, Van Helsing), starring Channing Tatum, Brendan Fraser, Dennis Quaid, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Dwayne Johnson, Rachel Nichols, Sienna Miller, Ray Park, Jonathan Pryce, Christopher Eccleston, Arnold Vosloo, Marlon Wayans, Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Saïd Taghmaoui, Byung-hun Lee and hits theaters on August 7, 2009.

gijoestormshadow.jpg

Source: filmofilia.com

July 15, 2009

LEE BYUNG HUN

I have just finished watching the 45 mins documentary of Lee Byung Hun. Very impressive English and now I understand his rise to stardom a bit more. He could possibly be popular in the US if The Good, The Bad and The Weird is shown in the US so he could show the audience his charisma. But if they are really going to do a remake of the movie in Hollywood, it would be a pity because G.I. Joe wouldn't be enough to portray his acting skills. The hope is that someone will pick him up and give him a main role for a movie like they did for Jet Li. Here's a topless pix from G.I. Joe. Good muscle tones (more pix here) but I think The Good, The Bad and The Weird had a better movie still. I don't have high hopes for G.I. Joe because I am afraid he might be hid behind a mask most of the time and there are so many main characters that he would get lost in the shuffle and not enough time to show his acting chops. Rain with Ninja Assassin will have better exposure because of his martial art moves and already getting great reviews from those who has seen the preview copies. To be honest, I'm most worried about Jang Dong Gun's Warrior's Way.

Credits: Gaki n Me

ps: everyone.. Elsie, if you need a cool Byunghun banner for your signature space (the current image you have doesn't seem to appear, not sure why?).. come and check out the compilation we have posted at the EverythingLBH forum-cabinet's Avatars & Banners It's our related site where we try to back-up most of the precious sharing we have here. And there're some really nice banners by fans copied from the pages of this very thread posted there for easier convenience.

You have to register as member though but it shouldn't be a problem. ^^

Guest shinerelsie

rubie, am not quite familiar on how creating some avatar or how to construct it..maybe next time..by the thanks for the reminder...

i can edit it rubie even if i'd update it...maybe there is a problem with the site... :sweatingbullets::P

Guest shinerelsie

Rubie, i got it already,,hehehe..

Hopefully, a lot of film goers appreciate LBH acting in GI JOE and more hollywood movies to come...