Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Another new preview on G. I. Joe. More on our unmasked Ninja :)

http://www.movieweb.com/play.swf?file=VIvU...kUuAx&rurl=

Well done, ylin! Another glimpse and real close-up of our Storm Shadow :wub: .. so, he was in that black vehicle scene filmed in Prague. :lol:

My dear dino-pc never ceases to amaze me today.. all the youtube clips have disappeared.. can't view any of them suddenly. :o Luckily for the Movieweb clip.. finally saw what's the latest ROC update was all about. :blush: Merci!

Even though BH himself doesn't mind being masked in GI Joe so that the movie would be true to the original character of Storm Shadow.. can't help wishing there'll be an unmasked SS poster as well. ops.gif .. aren't we just asking too much. :P

Guest Brunhild(Ponyo)

Thank you very much for welcoming me, rubie. Actually since I had seen this movie, I've been infected by some kind of disease or something and I was looking for some place to write my thoughts and also wanted to read other peple's opinions. As I've been checking Youtube or some other reviews written by fasns, some write good and some say it's disgusting. I understand why some (or it's more like majority) dislike the movie. There are so many obnoxious scenes and blood but in my opinion, it is just a way of expression made by the director. OK I wanted to illustarate WHY THESE ACTORS ARE SPLENDID here to calm me down a little;

1) Josh is just really cute. His face is like a little boy and he is macho also and he's been tormented by the old terrible memories every second...that is, what should I say, so beautiful. Even how much he acts manly as a detective, we know that he's been tormented. I liked that situation.^^

2) Lee Byun Hun is so so so skillful. I still remember how he was mindless mafia boss, wearing shiny and flashy shirts all the time and his eyes are dying with no feeling. But the time when he fronted Kimutaku, he was asked "are you afraid of me?"he's face changed and and oh...wow the tears..those scenes are really unforgottable. I thought his acting was breathtaking. He was veryvery sexy in terms of loving one girl insanely and when he confronted Kimutaku...he showed his real mind. That time was unforgettable.

3) Kimutaku was great. He was different in this film. Unlike the critic wrote earlier, (I guess he just doesn't like Kimutaku, personally or because he is Japanese?), he did a great job. He was like a new born baby in the rain. He didn't have spoken line but he expressed S h i tao by his body. I felt his pureness in the green forest.

sorry I'm in rush and wrote very quick. But I sometimes want to drop by here and read other posts as well. Actually I've been watching many LBH's movies. I'm looking forward to seeing his next movie, Good, bad and weired. I am Japanese, yes. ^^

Guest shinerelsie

:excl: More info/gist needed ..

Actor Lee Byung Hun to narrate KBS tv documentary

이병헌, KBS 다큐 '인간의땅' 내레이션

뉴시스 | 이민정 | 입력 2009.06.18 11:11

http://photo-media.daum-img.net/200906/18/...18111106189.jpg

영화배우 이병헌(39)이 다큐멘터리 내레이션을 맡는다.

KBS 1TV 다큐멘터리 '인간의 땅 1편- 살아남은 자들'에서 아프간 전쟁 이후 죽은 자와 살아남은 자에 대한 가슴 아픈 기억을 읊조린다.

'인간의 땅' 제작진은 "이병헌씨의 호소력 있는 목소리가 이번 다큐의 메시지를 잘 전달해 줄 것"이라고 전했다.

이병헌은 "이번 다큐에 대한 내용을 접한 후 말로만 듣던 것보다 훨씬 충격적인 리얼한 현장의 모습을 접하고 참여를 결심했다"고 밝혔다.

현재, 이병헌은 드라마 '아이리스'의 촬영으로 헝가리에 머물고 있다. 일본에서 개봉한 영화 '나는 비와 함께 간다(I Come With The Rain)', 개봉을 앞둔 'G.I. 조(Joe)'로 세계 시장을 공략 중이다.

Source: media.daum.net

If there's anyone who can translate this into English, can you please do it to me? Coz i cant red the article...

If there's anyone who can translate this into English, can you please do it to me? Coz i cant red the article...

Sorry about the article, Elsie.. I had only provided the heading as translated by the google translator.. not too sure about the details, yet. :sweatingbullets: We don't have anyone to translate the Korean articles directly (usually we I would guess the content) but hopefully there'll some updates in English later. Usually there will be something after a day or two.

---

By the by.. this was posted at our news blog..

pandahunnie.wordpress.com

Ding-Ding

June 18, 2009 at 12:28 pm

I am a great fan of Byung Hun from Malaysia.Just finished watching Seoul Savvy a moment ago.Words cant describe how shocked i am when i heard him speaking great fluent English.It a great show n tonight i am so proud to call myself his fan n will continue to support him in everything.Well done n keep it up.

Yupyup! Our Byunghun-ssi spoke in English quite extensively in the Seoul Savvy segment :wub:.. and it looks like Mark Russell was there in the scene where BH went shopping amidst all the fans waiting for him? ^^ I love that BH mentioned IRIS is something like 24. rbhcool.gif

Guest shinerelsie

Me too, I'd watch the Seoul Savvy awhile ago. Its so beautiful and I'd love the way Byung Hun smile and his voice. Its a great show indeed and I looking forward to see Byung Hun more often.

:excl: More info/gist needed ..

Actor Lee Byung Hun to narrate KBS tv documentary

이병헌, KBS 다큐 '인간의땅' 내레이션

뉴시스 | 이민정 | 입력 2009.06.18 11:11

http://photo-media.daum-img.net/200906/18/...18111106189.jpg

영화배우 이병헌(39)이 다큐멘터리 내레이션을 맡는다.

KBS 1TV 다큐멘터리 '인간의 땅 1편- 살아남은 자들'에서 아프간 전쟁 이후 죽은 자와 살아남은 자에 대한 가슴 아픈 기억을 읊조린다.

'인간의 땅' 제작진은 "이병헌씨의 호소력 있는 목소리가 이번 다큐의 메시지를 잘 전달해 줄 것"이라고 전했다.

이병헌은 "이번 다큐에 대한 내용을 접한 후 말로만 듣던 것보다 훨씬 충격적인 리얼한 현장의 모습을 접하고 참여를 결심했다"고 밝혔다.

현재, 이병헌은 드라마 '아이리스'의 촬영으로 헝가리에 머물고 있다. 일본에서 개봉한 영화 '나는 비와 함께 간다(I Come With The Rain)', 개봉을 앞둔 'G.I. 조(Joe)'로 세계 시장을 공략 중이다.

Source: media.daum.net

Briefly translated from the Chinese article at Sina.com (especially the documentary's title :P)

Lee Byung Hun for the first time took up the challenge to narrate for a documentary

Beijing morning news on June 18, according to South Korean media reports, Korean superstar Lee Byung Hun's deep voice has always been appreciated by fans as one of his charms. He was recently invited by KBS documentary series "Inside Asia" to participate in the narration for part 4 of the documentary series "The earth of mankind".

"The earth of mankind" is divided into five short stories, and it is also one of KBS TV’s finest documentaries produced for "Inside Asia" series, with the highest production cost. In part one, "Man who survived", broadcasting on 21 June, Lee Byung Hun using his voice, narrated stories of those who are on the front line, constantly fighting for human rights and peace.

Producer of the documentary expressed that Lee Byung Hun's voice has a special charm, it is the most attractive among the actors in Korea. Through his voice, the message which the documentary wanted to convey to the audience will be sent across more accurately. At the same time, the production team also praised Lee Byung Hun's competency in this area as he was like a professional narrator and does not seems to be taking the challenge for the first time.

Lee Byung Hun himself also showed great enthusiasm in the narration job, and said that he was always amazed by the real scenes captured by the camera during his narration process. And he felt sorry for only being able to contribute in one part of the documentaries due to his busy work schedule.

Lee Byung Hun is currently busy filming his new drama "Iris" and have to travel between Japan and Korea for the promotion of his new movie “I Come with the Rain” which is currently showing in Japan.

source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/x/2009-06-18/11402569904.shtml

OK I wanted to illustrate WHY THESE ACTORS ARE SPLENDID here to calm me down a little;

1) Josh is just really cute. His face is like a little boy and he is macho also and he's been tormented by the old terrible memories every second...that is, what should I say, so beautiful. Even how much he acts manly as a detective, we know that he's been tormented. I liked that situation.^^

2) Lee Byun Hun is so so so skillful. I still remember how he was mindless mafia boss, wearing shiny and flashy shirts all the time and his eyes are dying with no feeling. But the time when he fronted Kimutaku, he was asked "are you afraid of me?"he's face changed and and oh...wow the tears..those scenes are really unforgottable. I thought his acting was breathtaking. He was veryvery sexy in terms of loving one girl insanely and when he confronted Kimutaku...he showed his real mind. That time was unforgettable.

3) Kimutaku was great. He was different in this film. Unlike the critic wrote earlier, (I guess he just doesn't like Kimutaku, personally or because he is Japanese?), he did a great job. He was like a new born baby in the rain. He didn't have spoken line but he expressed S h i tao by his body. I felt his pureness in the green forest.

sorry I'm in rush and wrote very quick. But I sometimes want to drop by here and read other posts as well. Actually I've been watching many LBH's movies. I'm looking forward to seeing his next movie, Good, bad and weired. I am Japanese, yes. ^^

You've come to the right place to share about ICWTR, we're definitely waiting to hear and read more about the movie. I can understand the extreme feedback/first mpression to it.. given the director's previous work that are known for its unsettling (uncomfortable) factor. Based on some comments.. as I've never seen any of Dir. Tran's movies.. nothing is as simple or straightforward and obviously not sugar-coated but I guess that's the challenge for the audience & movie-lovers.. huh. But he sure has shown some merits in choosing the actors acting in ICWTR.. no matter how media are stressing more on their looks in particular.

It's really good to read your point of view on the 3 actors playing their 3 most opposite characters of each other.. and while the movie doesn't seem to be the cup of tea for many people.. the acting in one way or the other.. had lived up to the expected expectation. For that.. as fan of Byunghun-ssi, I am really glad.

I'm sure you'd be watching GBW in August when it opens in Japan.. right? :D

Guest shinerelsie

Thanks YLIN for the translation and i agree that Byung Hun's voice is very unique. I really love his voice though...hahaha!

You are most welcome, shinerelsie

Agree with both hands and legs up that his voice is so sexy that you heart will melt listening to him :P

Just read from Innolife.com that the documentary is about those who fight for their rights and peace in Afghanistan.

WOW! Well done ylin for the wonderful gist.. we don't have to wait for 1 or 2 more days.. the CNN-panda brings awesome update. thumbup.gif

Isn't this like the second (or even maybe there's more including the animations he did) that BH had been chosen to narrate for an important event/program? In 2005 or was it 2006.. he was the one chosen to provide the narration for a national CF for the government? If I'm not mistaken I think Ching translated this before. ^^ Byunghun's voice is definitely an asset, a charming factor for him that's being fully appreciated by the fans and even the government sector, and now KBS. Looks like BH is back with KBS (with IRIS especially) where he had started his career as an actor 18 years ago. :lol:

He have used his voice to charm us many times but then, i think this is the first for a documentary? :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Japanese fans can make plans to visit BH's new office, catch a moive there, get goodies from his shop in 9th Ave and also visit Unicef's office :phew:

source: http://www.hanatour.co.jp/event/lee_bh.html

Yeah.. it is the first tv documentary (and a really important one, too) for BH, huh.. and from the article, what an honour as the producers really appreciate Byunghun's voice as the most attractive among the actors in Korea. It's really true, isn't it.. the deep voice that commands the attention of the listeners.. indeed. :wub: Great gist, ylin.. excellent sharing! ^^

And just look at the activities planned for the fans in Japan.. even as BH is especially busy filming away from Korea.. special events are being set up for his fans.. continuously. More are being included in the tour.. his exclusive mini theater is finally ready *what a treat!*.. with more places to go.. BH&C at 9th Avenue.. and UNICEF, too. What a surprise seeing that in the itinerary.. glad & happy that UNICEF office is listed as well. Merci, ylin!

Elsie, if you already have Discovery Channel at home, you don't have to watch it on NHK.. although it'll be cool to watch every airing of the Seoul Savvy. I know I would not miss anything if I could.. :blush:

Japan
on June 13 at 12:55am (technically June 14), in a two-hour, back-to-back showing with HIP KOREA — SEOUL VIBES (the Rain episode). It then encores on NHK BS (satellite) on June 19 at 8pm and June 20 at 4:30pm.

Korea
– Thursday, June 18 at 8pm. Encores on June 20 at 2pm, June 21 at 1am in the morning and June 23 at 12am midnight.

Singapore
– Thursday, June 18 at 7pm. Encores on June 20 at 1pm and 12am midnight and June 23 at 11pm.

HK
– Thursday, June 18 at 7pm. Encores on June 20 at 1pm and 12am midnight and June 23 at 11pm.

18 June 7:00 pm l 20 June 1:00 pm ; 12:00 midnight l 23 June 11:00 pm ; 2:00 midnight
(additional info thanks to luwali)

Malaysia

Taiwan
– Sunday, August 16 at 10pm. Encores on August 23 at 3am and 3pm.

So, does anyone know of any (active) streaming links for the Discovery Channel? Or can someone upload the whole segment for us without the channel to watch BH as well? please.gif

It was so cool to hear him speak English so fluently. And Charles Pak too!

Eventho it is a norm to learn praises for his acting talent but coming from Hollywood which is supposedly the world's center stage...it kinds of put a stamp on him. It's just amazing. And was it Wayans who realised what a "big deal" he is? Hehehe....now only he knows!? And the narrator calls him the ultimate artiste!! Aren't we all proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT : Oh...I really wish I know how to record the whole thing! So sorry Rubie.

It was so cool to hear him speak English so fluently. And Charles Pak too!

Eventho it is a norm to learn praises for his acting talent but coming from Hollywood which is supposedly the world's center stage...it kinds of put a stamp on him. It's just amazing. And was it Wayans who realised what a "big deal" he is? Hehehe....now only he knows!? And the narrator calls him the ultimate artiste!! Aren't we all proud of him!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT : Oh...I really wish I know how to record the whole thing! So sorry Rubie.

LS!!! :w00t: You've seen it.. isn't he just awesome! :wub:

It's okay, Omma Butterfly.. I've seen the Seoul Savvy too :blush: but not the English/international version.. and unfortunately, can't have it uploaded as well. But now that the show has officially been aired with fans watching it, we'll definitely have more sharing it later.. on Youtube, etc. Just listening to him speak English and understanding every word he said.. simply the best! :wub:

And wow.. just look from where and when he started years ago.. such a dorky greenhorn :lol: .. to the intense portrayal of Lee Minchul that we're so captivated by and still is.. Byunghun certainly has moved up and improved himself all the way. Watching the BSL BTS.. the 'buried alive' scene as CP had mentioned.. always, always makes me appreciate the actor even more.. every time.

examiner_logo-header.gif

June 18, 2009

Korean actor Byung-hun Lee plays Storm Shadow in G.I. Joe movie

hml.jpg

Korean film and television actor Byung-hun Lee, one of Asia’s top stars, will portray Storm Shadow in Paramount Pictures’ upcoming action adventure G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, based on the 1980's TV series and classic comic book.

He joins an ensemble cast that includes Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje, Christopher Eccleston, Joseph Gordon-Levitt, Sienna Miller, Rachel Nichols, Ray Park, Said Taghmaoui, Channing Tatum, Marlon Wayans and Dennis Quaid.

In addition to his native Korean, Lee speaks English, French and Mandarin Chinese fluently. He also goes by the western name, Brian.

For Lee, the film will be his first American production. It is a departure from his previous roles, as he has played mostly romantic, and sensitive leads in his Korean movies.

Lee had no previous knowledge of the G.I. Joe series (the cartoon and comic book are not popular in Korea) but thinks that his fans may be disappointed and finds it strange that he took this role since it is a departure from what audiences have come to expect from him.

According to various English language interviews with Lee, "he found it more difficult to act in English due to difficulty in focusing on emotions when fixing bad accents or pronunciations." He also thought director Stephen Sommers was "weird at first, but realized that he in fact, was actually really smart, and made very quick decisions." He stated that Sommers was a pleasure to work with.

The character that Lee has played that is closest to his role as Storm Shadow was the part of Park Chang-yi, "The Bad, " in Korean director Kim Ji-won's The Good, The Bad and The Weird, a send-up and homage to the Spaghetti Westerns of Sergio Leone. The film tells the story of three Korean in 1930s Manchuria and their dealings with the Japanese army and Chinese and Russian bandits.

Like the character Lee plays in The Good, The Bad, and The Weird, Storm Shadow is mysterious with huge amount of pride and honor. Lee stated that he was attracted to the role of Storm Shadow because he possesses a kind of dual personality. He carries two swords, weapons that he is known for in the comics, and the first action figure from 1984.

For Lee, it was his first movie with swords, and he had to spend one month with the stunt team learning martial arts with swords. With his newfound knowledge, he said he will be using swords again in his future movies.

In G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra, Storm Shadow and Snake Eyes grow up together almost like brothers, but later have a big misunderstanding. As a rivalry forms and a confrontation becomes inevitable, Lee states that "the dynamic between the two is one of the most interesting points of the film."

G.I. Joe: Rise of Cobra opens in theaters on August 7.

Author: Ed Moy l Ed Moy is an Examiner from San Francisco l examiner.com

LS!!! :w00t: You've seen it.. isn't he just awesome! :wub:

It's okay, Omma Butterfly.. I've seen the Seoul Savvy too :blush: but not the English/international version.. and unfortunately, can't have it uploaded as well. But now that the show has officially been aired with fans watching it, we'll definitely have more sharing it later.. on Youtube, etc. Just listening to him speak English and understanding every word he said.. simply the best! :wub:

And wow.. just look from where and when he started years ago.. such a dorky greenhorn :lol: .. to the intense portrayal of Lee Minchul that we're so captivated by and still is.. Byunghun certainly has moved up and improved himself all the way. Watching the BSL BTS.. the 'buried alive' scene as CP had mentioned.. always, always makes me appreciate the actor even more.. every time.

YA! YA! Even the uncle is proud of that 'buried alive' scene!! What we see in that few minutes took days to film ... 'showered' with cold water .... buried and digging himself out of that 'cold mud'.

LBH HAS come a long way. He was dorky no doubt... but that nerdy looking boy transformed into a dashing macho man that he is now. Not only his acting but his looks too are like wine don't you think? The older he is the better he looks. *slurp*

YA! YA! Even the uncle is proud of that 'buried alive' scene!! What we see in that few minutes took days to film ... 'showered' with cold water .... buried and digging himself out of that 'cold mud'.

LBH HAS come a long way. He was dorky no doubt... but that nerdy looking boy transformed into a dashing macho man that he is now. Not only his acting but his looks too are like wine don't you think? The older he is the better he looks. *slurp*

The more I look at that particular BTS.. I can't help wonder what was on his mind then.. even for a few moments or minutes?! acting for the scene under all that mud and cold freezing water (how many takes he had to do?!).. literally under the ground :o .. just requires awesome preparation and mental strength especially. LOL LS! So funny how you wrote about the "uncle".. although they rather be introduced as "cousins" instead, obviously :lol:

I sure agree, LS.. how BH has gone through such maturity.. acting-wise.. mature appearance (absolutely rugged and so sexy).. totally with you that the older he is, the better he looks.. more confidence, commanding presence.. true acting power.. everything! From close-ups.. obviously he's a bit different.. from.. say, how Minchul was.. especially (since that's my first dose of BH).. going through the working years since.. the non-stop filming in various locations (for GBW in China) and back and forth traveling for ICWTR and GI Joe.. there are visible skin lines but they are clear signs of someone who goes out there and give his all. I really love how his eyes look these days.. especially in that IRIS snow scene close-up.. so soft yet so intensely captivating.

Byunghun is definitely taking everything in so well.. challenges along the way.. he goes all-in, all-out to work for every role he gets with utmost perfection.. never bothers him if it's a supporting role, the real bad guy or even under a mask.. he gave his PERFECT BEST every time. And hearing him share his experience and thoughts in English.. feels like he's talking to you, personally. :wub:

Can't wait for the Seoul Savvy with English narration to be available.. really hope YT works for me this time.. or if there's a clip to download, would be even better. ^^

Briefly translated from the Chinese article at Sina.com (especially the documentary's title :P)

Lee Byung Hun for the first time took up the challenge to narrate for a documentary

Beijing morning news on June 18, according to South Korean media reports, Korean superstar Lee Byung Hun's deep voice has always been appreciated by fans as one of his charms. He was recently invited by KBS documentary series "Inside Asia" to participate in the narration for part 4 of the documentary series "The earth of mankind".

"The earth of mankind" is divided into five short stories, and it is also one of KBS TV’s finest documentaries produced for "Inside Asia" series, with the highest production cost. In part one, "Man who survived", broadcasting on 21 June, Lee Byung Hun using his voice, narrated stories of those who are on the front line, constantly fighting for human rights and peace.

Producer of the documentary expressed that Lee Byung Hun's voice has a special charm, it is the most attractive among the actors in Korea. Through his voice, the message which the documentary wanted to convey to the audience will be sent across more accurately. At the same time, the production team also praised Lee Byung Hun's competency in this area as he was like a professional narrator and does not seems to be taking the challenge for the first time.

Lee Byung Hun himself also showed great enthusiasm in the narration job, and said that he was always amazed by the real scenes captured by the camera during his narration process. And he felt sorry for only being able to contribute in one part of the documentaries due to his busy work schedule.

Lee Byung Hun is currently busy filming his new drama "Iris" and have to travel between Japan and Korea for the promotion of his new movie “I Come with the Rain” which is currently showing in Japan.

source: http://ent.sina.com.cn/x/2009-06-18/11402569904.shtml

The documentary will be aired on KBS (not sure KBS1 or 2?) at 8pm Seoul time on Sunday, June 21.

KBS STREAMING at http://able.kbs.co.kr/live/

If there's anyone interested getting this book, can I join in the online purchase to buy a copy? Merci! :blush:

Available at Amazon.com

Pop Goes Korea

Behind the Revolution in Movies, Music, and Internet Culture (Paperback)

by Mark James Russell

Price: $15.56 & eligible for FREE Super Saver Shipping on orders over $25.

Ratings: 4.0 out of 5 stars

popgoeskorea1.jpg

In many ways, HIP KOREA 2 is the prequel to the Rain episode, as this episode goes back and examines the changes Korea went through during the 1990s and into the 21st century. Rain is about where Korea is now, but Lee Byung-hun looks at how Korea got here.

It turns out that Lee Byung-hun is a pretty good conduit for that story -- he first made it big in 1992/3, around the time Korea got its first civilian president. He made JSA in 2000, at the same time as the North-South Summit between the Koreas. He starred in a couple of huge TV dramas that helped spark the boom of Korean TV dramas around Asia (aka Hallyu). And he starred in a couple of really big movies (A BITTERSWEET LIFE and THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD) that showcased how far Korean movies and society have come along.

I am quite excited to finally have this going on the air -- it was a lot of work and took nearly a year to make. Actually, considering how
Lee Byung-hun is a fairly substantial chapter in my book, POP GOES KOREA
, you could say I have been working on this episode for years. So I hope you have the time to check it out.

Posted by Mark Russell at 9:49 AM via

About the Author courtesy Amazon.com

Mark Russell has been living in Korea since 1996. His articles about Korean and Asian culture have appeared in Newsweek, The New York Times, The International Herald-Tribune and many other publications. He is currently the Korea/Japan Bureau Chief for Asia Movie Week magazine.

"Mr. Russell's book is the first by a non-Korean to explain the rise of Korea's entertainment industries....the book could hardly be more approachable."—Wall Street Journal

“For a country that traditionally received culture, especially from China but also from Japan and the United States, South Korea finds itself at a turning point in its new role as exporter.”—The New York Times

From kim chee to kim chic! South Korea came from nowhere in the 1990s to become one of the biggest producers of pop content (movies, music, comic books, TV dramas, online gaming) in Asia—and the West. Why? Who’s behind it? Mark James Russell tells an exciting tale of rapid growth and wild success marked by an uncanny knack for moving just one step ahead of changing technologies (such as music downloads and Internet comics) that have created new consumer markets around the world. Among the media pioneers profiled in this book is film director Kang Je-gyu, maker of Korea’s first blockbuster film Shiri; Lee Su-man, who went from folk singer to computer programmer to creator of Korea’s biggest music label; and Nelson Shin, who rose from North Korea to the top of the animation business. Full of fresh analysis, engaging reportage, and insightful insider anecdotes, Pop Goes Korea explores the hallyu (the Korean Wave) hitting the world’s shores in the new century.

Credits: koreapopwars.com l amazon.com

May 22, 2009: Local Pop Culture Facing New Challenges - The Korea Times