Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

Guest ellabel

Thanks rubie and ylin for all the updates on LBH.

No. 5 in B.O. take for ICWTR is not that bad considering that it's not a feel good movie and more of artistically gory and violent. Well, I hope it will continue to do well.

Who would not want to date the very eligible, charismatic, rich and handsome guy like BH? :rolleyes: I guess there are really lots of ajummas most especially in Japan who would like to taste his "dating" prowess.

In this cap, TK asked if they went for a drink last nite, JH reply "Yes, but BH drank the most" :rolleyes:

Hehehe.... BH is very typical Korean who loves to drink.... I remember a friend's friend who saw him at The Embassy, a bar and the "IN" place here, going out and looking all drunk... :phew::sweatingbullets: ... oh, ok.. tipsy... :lol: .. :rolleyes: . she even said he was very friendly, all smiling but his "bodyguards" or companions kept on shielding him and asked her not to take pictures.

I wrote to Mark Russell of Korea Pop Wars, thanking him for the latest HIP KOREA update. :blush:

This is his reply rbhcool.gif

ribbon1.gif

We really appreciate what you've written and shared especially about actor Lee Byung Hun, having met him.. reading from a non-Korean professional perspective, it's actually an honour for us that you've repeatedly noted him & his movies with such high regards.

MR: LBH is a pretty interesting guy. I cannot claim to be his best friend or anything, but I have worked with him a couple of times and I am friends with some people close to him, and from what I have seen, he is very professional and pretty cool.

That was a sweet reply from MR. I always like to read articles too and he usually has good words for BH, as a person and an artist. You cant help but love BH coz he's very nice, charismatic and natural. He is a very witty, interesting and articulate....... always a good subject for a writer coz you will never run out of wonderful things to write about him.

Thanks for sharing, rubes dear.

Japan Box Office June 6–7, 2009

(US $1 = 98.71 Yen)

TW l LW l Movie l Studio l Weekend Gross l Change l Screens l Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date l Week

1 1 Rookies: Sotsugyô Toho $10,858,252 -14.5% 428 - $25,370 $34,443,009 2

2 2 Angels & Demons Sony $1,736,280 -43.3% 723 - $2,401 $26,566,061 4

3 N Hagetaka: The Movie Toho $1,600,036 - 267 - $5,993 $1,600,036 1

4 3 Yomei Ikkagetsu No Hanayome (April Bride) Toho $1,546,353 -30.1% 310 - $4,988 $25,956,685 5

5 N I Come with the Rain GAGA $638,731 - 117 - $5,459 $638,731 1

6 4 Star Trek PPI $583,068 -62.2% 275 - $2,120 $3,974,603 2

7 5 60-sai no rabu retâ (Love Letters at Sixty) Toho $376,439 -41.3% 190 +1 $1,981 $6,160,023 4

8 6 Confessions of a Shopaholic Disney $313,413 -45.4% 232 - $1,351 $1,731,124 2 USA

9 9 Jûryoku piero (A Pierrot ) Asmik Ace $268,746 -39.0% 173 - $1,553 $2,999,339 7

10 N Ultra Miracle Love Story n/a $266,880 - 26 - $10,265 $266,880 1

Source: boxofficemojo.com

New stills, promo for 'G.I. Joe: The Rise of Cobra'

By Mark Pollard on June 12, 2009

823201.jpg

New movie stills and a two-minute promotional video clip for G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA have been released. Both reveal more of ninjitsu-trained rivals, Storm Shadow (Lee Byung-hun) and Snake Eyes (Ray Park), two of the franchise's most popular characters.

They also reveal that director Stephen Sommers is dishing out more of the over-the-top, fantasy-effects fighting action that he has peddled previously in the first two MUMMY films and VAN HELSING.

G.I. JOE: THE RISE OF COBRA opens in theaters on August 2.

Source: kungfucinema.com

Guest celina86

Please give awhile for these gifs to upload

and save them to keep but try not to direct-link.. if possible. Merci!

Fabulous Byunghun at SmapxSmap gifs courtesy fan-sharing at omonatheydidnt

Thanks for sharing Rubie :D

I love the first gif... Kimura Takuya is hilarious :lol:

It was great to see Hunnie so carefree... everytime he smiled, made me smile :blush: and his physique to-die-for *dies*

Looks like a number of Korean updates for BH today mentioned the Discovery Channel's Hip Korea SEOUL SAVVY segment.. soon to be aired tomorrow on NHK, the first of the Asian airing.. like, FINALLY! :w00t: I'm sure our Japanese fans & friends are already so excited and can't wait for the program.

Soooooo.. is there a streaming link for Discovery channel.. anywhere.. anyone?

And of course.. it's exactly 1 month before Byunghun's birthday.. heard anything from him in Hungary? :blush:

Celina, so good to see you posting. ^^ The gifs are really precious indeed.. it's just so rare these days to get BH gifs.. so happy that some fans are still making them to share.

Maybe it's just me :mellow: .. lately BH is more comfortable "dressing down" and appearing in much casual outfits (for press conference, red carpet, tv show) than what he's used to / we'd usually see him in. :huh: Maybe it's the movies he's promoting.. the role he's playing for IRIS or perhaps, the mood he's feeling.

Guest shinerelsie

rubie did you know the exact time when Seoul savvy going to be air in the Philippines. All i know is the date which is June 18 but i could not see what time it is? wahh..i hope you made it clear to me..thanks!

rubie did you know the exact time when Seoul savvy going to be air in the Philippines. All i know is the date which is June 18 but i could not see what time it is? wahh..i hope you made it clear to me..thanks!

Hi Elsie, I'm not too sure about the airing time for the Philippines as I don't have the Discovery channel/guide to check.. a bit strange that it wasn't stated but most probably it might have the same schedule as Singapore/HK/Malaysia because we have about the same time-frame.. give & take 1-2 minutes difference.

Hope our Pinay hunnies can help confirm the schedule for us, for everyone at the thread.. and we could share it up at the news blog as well so that many more fans will be aware of the airing.

Hip Korea on Discovery II

Even Hipper panda1-1.gif

HIP KOREA -- SEOUL SAVVY makes its debut on NHK in Japan on June 13 at 12:55am (technically June 14), in a two-hour, back-to-back showing with HIP KOREA -- SEOUL VIBES (the Rain episode). It then encores on NHK BS (satellite) on June 19 at 8pm and June 20 at 4:30pm.

It airs in Discovery at the following times in the following locations:

Korea - Thursday, June 18 at 8pm. Encores on June 20 at 2pm, June 21 at 1am in the morning and June 23 at 12am midnight.

Singapore/HK/Malaysia - Thursday, June 18 at 7pm. Encores on June 20 at 1pm and 12am midnight and June 23 at 11pm.

Taiwan - Sunday, August 16 at 10pm. (Rain's episode will be bundled and aired at 11pm.) Encores on August 23 at 3am and 3pm.

Posted by Mark Russell at 9:49 AM via koreapopwars.com

June 12, 2009

Behind Good, Bad & Weird

Source: Empire by: James Thoo

I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD was my favorite film last year. That's right, over THE DARK KNIGHT. And because I have such phenomenal taste you should all be excited to check out this sweet little behind-the-scenes clip that Empire has snagged in preparation for the film's release on Blu Ray next week:

f0037224.gif

In the film, the awesome Kang Sang-Ho (THE HOST), the awesome Lee Byung Hun (GI JOE) and Woo Jung-Sung star as three Korean outlaws who try to outwit each other to obtain a mysterious treasure map, that is also being pursued by Chinese bandits and the Japanese army.

Extra Tidbit: THE GOOD, THE BAD, THE WEIRD is the most expensive movie in South Korean cinema history.

Source: joblo.com

June 13, 2009

roclogo.png

Another New G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra Movie Poster

ComingSoon.net & SuperHeroHype.com have an exclusive look at a new poster for G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra. Very similiar to the international one we saw a couple of weeks ago, this new one has new specific scene inspried backgrounds to it along with some other subtle changes to the characters themselves. The taglines found on the international one appear to have been dropped on this one too. G.I. Joe Rise of Cobra is due in theaters August 7th, starring Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje (Heavy Duty), Christopher Eccleston (Destro), Joseph Gordon-Levitt (Cobra Commander), Byung Hun Lee (Storm Shadow), Sienna Miller (Baroness), Rachel Nichols (Scarlett), Ray Park (Snake Eyes), Said Taghmaoui (Breaker), Channing Tatum (Duke), Marlon Wayans (Ripcord) and Dennis Quaid (General Hawk).

Newly-released simpler version vs previous international poster

gijoeriseofcobraposter2.jpggijoeintlposter1.jpg

Source: theterrordrome.com l superherohype.com

I hope we can have advance notice on the initial telecast of IRIS in the Philippines. I understand KBS World will air the drama & so we'll be lucky to follow this up from beginning to end. It would be nice if someone can do up-to-date translations since this series will be aired by KBS WORLD, about 30 or so days days delayed. I'm not much of an action drama fan but since it's an LBH starrer with a powerful supporting cast, it would be my loss if I skip an episode. As of late, there are no previews or promos yet ... unless I missed them.

I hope we can have advance notice on the initial telecast of IRIS in the Philippines. I understand KBS World will air the drama & so we'll be lucky to follow this up from beginning to end. It would be nice if someone can do up-to-date translations since this series will be aired by KBS WORLD, about 30 or so days days delayed. I'm not much of an action drama fan but since it's an LBH starrer with a powerful supporting cast, it would be my loss if I skip an episode. As of late, there are no previews or promos yet ... unless I missed them.

Hi Armin sis, so good to see you back at BH's.. always so heartwarming seeing new friends and familiar names.

I don't have KBS World but there's KBS2 streaming to watch when connection is good, it's like a breeze. But just to share an eye-opening experience of this longtime soompi blurpanda, just discovered streaming sites airing the ongoing drama series really quick.. complete with English subs.. sometimes within 2 days after the airing in Korea. rubie is truly a rookie at this online drama-viewing but these streaming are simply so cool as I'm watching a KBS2 drama 'That Fool' and enjoying the the series without having to scratch my head guessing the dialogues.

These days dedicated fans share around the clock (literally!) providing English subs so that everyone can enjoy the series just like the Koreans audience. I can certainly vouch that there was NOTHING like this at all when All In was aired in 2003.. a lot of things have improved. At that time, it took hours to download an episode on dual-up connection and without any subs. Besides that most discussion were mainly guessing the conversation without any direct translation.. except from sweet fans at Byunghun's dotcom.

So, we are pretty sure with IRIS being BH's comeback tv series after 6 years that all of us have been waiting for.. one of the most-anticipated series of 2009.. there will be various sites and fan-blogs following & translating each episode. Fret not! :lol: The streaming sites would be so helpful and we can watch the episodes repeatedly, too.. in small batches without straining in any way. Can''t wait for IRIS to air in September, we can all watch our Hunnie together this time and it will be so awesome! :wub:

There haven't been any new promos for IRIS as the production is currently filming in Hungary.

But there's a really cool preview with English subs of what's to come.. in case you've not seen it before.. :blush:

IRIS press conference + preview May 12, 2009

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hzgPPI11CX8

I think NHK is airing the Hip Korea program right around now. Been trying the past hour to get a streaming line but to no avail. :(

Japan on June 13 at 12:55am (technically June 14), in a two-hour, back-to-back showing with HIP KOREA — SEOUL VIBES (the Rain episode). It then encores on NHK BS (satellite) on June 19 at 8pm and June 20 at 4:30pm.

Korea – Thursday, June 18 at 8pm. Encores on June 20 at 2pm, June 21 at 1am in the morning and June 23 at 12am midnight.

Singapore – Thursday, June 18 at 7pm. Encores on June 20 at 1pm and 12am midnight and June 23 at 11pm.

HK – Thursday, June 18 at 7pm. Encores on June 20 at 1pm and 12am midnight and June 23 at 11pm.

18 June 7:00 pm l 20 June 1:00 pm ; 12:00 midnight l 23 June 11:00 pm ; 2:00 midnight (additional info thanks to luwali)

Malaysia – Thursday, June 18 at 7pm. Encores on June 20 at 1pm and 12am midnight and June 23 at 11pm.

Taiwan – Sunday, August 16 at 10pm. Encores on August 23 at 3am and 3pm.

logo_tsolv12.gif

Sunday June 14, 2009

Lee's Hip Korea

By ELIZABETH TAI

A star talks about his upcoming Hollywood experience and being part of a documentary about South Korean pop culture

hipkorea500.jpg

IN Asia, South Korean actor Lee Byung Hun is a big star. He is, after all, one of the major stars of the hallyu (Korean wave), the surge of popularity that Korean pop culture has enjoyed around the world for the past few years.

Lee made his TV debut in 1991 in the drama Asphalt My Hometown after a successful audition for the Korean Broadcasting System in Seoul.

“It was just something I did as a whim but I ended up making it,” he says in a recent e-mail interview.

Since then, the 39-year-old actor has appeared in a number of Korean television series such as Beautiful Days (2001) and All In (2003), and movies, including last year’s blockbuster The Good, the Bad, and the Weird (2008).

But Lee is an enterprising celebrity who wanted to look beyond the camera: he dabbled in jewellery design in 2005 – he designed for Japanese brand Samantha Tiara – and in 2008, he released a best-selling Japanese single, Itsuka.

hipkoreabh1.jpg

When asked which he preferred, acting or singing, Lee replies: “I am an actor. I like to act. Singing was just something I did for my fans.”

Lee, who speaks Korean, English, and “a bit of Japanese”, will be appearing in his first Hollywood movie soon: the summer flick GI Joe: Rise of Cobra, where he will play the villain, Storm Shadow.

Fans may be miffed that Lee’s face will be hidden for most of the film since Storm Shadow is always masked, but Lee doesn’t mind, saying that it is “true to the original character”.

To prepare for the role, Lee went through a fitness programme and had to undergo “action training” with other actors.

But in the end, the biggest challenge for him turned out to be dealing with the different language and culture, he says.

“It is hard to show certain emotions while speaking in a different language. I used to just worry about showing my emotions but in Hollywood I had to worry about language as well,” says Lee, who is currently filming the Korean drama, Iris.

“I hope people enjoy the film,” says Lee about GI Joe. “It will be a fun film that families can watch together.”

hipkoreabh2.jpg

Many South Korean actors are taking tentative steps into Hollywood: Jeon Ji-Hyun recently starred in the Hollywood production Blood: The Last Vampire, and Korean-American actor Daniel Henny (star of the 2005 Korean TV series, My Lovely Sam Soon, and 2006’s Seducing Mr Perfect) is in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and, later this year, will be in the American TV series, Three Rivers.

Lee believes that this is a good thing: “There is no competition in my eyes. I hope that more Korean actors and directors make movies not only in Hollywood but worldwide.”

Speaking of roles, Lee has taken on yet another role – that of cultural ambassador. He will be profiled in the second episode of Discovery Channel’s Hip Korea, where he will introduce viewers to cool hang-outs, such as the wine bars of Apgujongdong and fashionable Myondong, and also talk about South Korea’s youth-driven pop scene.

“I thought that Hip Korea would be a great way to showcase South Korea and how Korean entertainment has evolved throughout the years,” says Lee, who filmed the documentary off and on from October last year to April.

“I would like people to remember the passion of the Korean people, and that the Korean culture is unique, and that Korea is a great place to visit,” he adds.

And when in South Korea, be adventurous, he advises: “I would recommend that tourists see and eat as much as they can because there is much you can do. If you are closed-minded, you may miss good things.”

‘Hip Korea: Seoul Savvy – Byung Hun Lee’ will premiere at 7pm on Thursday on the Discovery Channel (Astro channel 551).

Source: The STAR online l Malaysia

Wonder how the HIP KOREA Seoul Savvy segment go last night? :rolleyes: Anyone seen it? :blush:

A nice comment to share..

June 14, 2009 via Gaki n Me

Talking about real biceps here. Lee Byung Hun has a good torso and well formed arm muscles. Not overly done but just the right size to wow the ladies. His appearance at SMAPxSMAP with Josh Harnett is very cute, the way he laughed very freely is very charming.

How very true and so infectious, too! laughing.gif

Thanks to the highlight by Kittie at

LBH ad infinitum, cari.com

tink.gif[English subbed]

CLIP & SUBS courtesy newshfan.livejournal.com

if reposting, please include correct source

"SMAPxSMAP" (8 June, 2009)

World's 3 sexy men meet Daiba mama

Length: 6 mins 30 secs

Size: 70 MB

Starring: Kimura Takuya & Katori Shingo (SMAP), Josh Hartnett (USA actor), Lee Byung-Hun (sexy Korean actor)

Highlights: The 3 international super-studs are promoting their new movie "I Come With The Rain" and go to visit a fortune teller lady played by SMAP's Shingo. He tries his best to perve on the 2 non-SMAP guys, but KimuTaku keeps stepping in & stopping his attempts. The Korean guy taking off his shirt to show off his sexy, muscly arms made me remember why he's my favorite Korean actor! And his meowing pose was adorable~

z_MMEDIA5.gifMegaupload l Mediafire

June 11, 2009

The Good The Bad and The Weird to be Released in Japan

After success at home, last year’s Cannes Film Festival and at festivals around the world, KIM Ji-woon’s The Good, The Bad and the Weird is finally opening in Japan. The film, released almost a year ago in Korea July 17 2008 will open in Japan August 29. In Japan it will play on 100 screens including the high profile Toho Cinemas Chanter in Ginza and T-Joy Shinjuku Wald 9. Distribution is being handled jointly by CJ Entertainment and Japan’s Show Gate, the first time a consortium has been created to handle the international release of a Korean film. Even though the film has garnered much attention worldwide its success in Japan remains to be seen given the portrayal of the Japanese army who pursue the lead characters throughout the film during the annexation of Manchuria in the 1930s. Japan is also famous for its own unique blend of avante guarde, spaghetti style, kung fu cult movies.

The Good, The Bad and the Weird is set during the early part of the century when Korea too was in the hands of the Japanese. An eccentric thief, a dark, anime like hit man and a bounty hunter each embark on an action filled race, across the dusty expanse of Manchuria to liberate a treasure map, often from each other. The film stars current ‘it’ actor SONG Kang-ho who recently played the vampire in PARK Chan-wook’s Thirst. LEE Byeong-heon who played in the same director’s A Bittersweet Life (2005) and currently in U.S. adventure flick G.I Joe also appears in the film.

After it debuted at Cannes last year the film went on to attract 6.8 million audiences when it was released in Korea. The film then appeared in a myriad of international film festivals and won the best director award at the 2008 Sitges International Film Festival. The Good, The Bad and The Weird was also released in the U.S. at the beginning of the year.

Credits: David Oxenbridge (KOFIC)

Guest japanesezombieheroez

Speaking of THE GOOD,THE BAD,THE WEIRD, I got my copy that is officially released tomorrow here in the UK on DVD and Blu-Ray (Why HMV.co.uk sent me my copy 3 days early....Who knows?) and in the DELETED SCENES section I thought there was one scene that I thought would be a long but worth-it gif :lol:

4wttgfhh5.gif

It judders a bit but I think it gets the scene across and it's done slowlllly in real time on the DVD so....enjoy :D

Oh.My.. :w00t: It totally.. didn't register to me at first that those were his feet... MOVING UP s.l.o.w.l.y and this is the deleted GBW scenes! :w00t: Aish.. why Dir. Kim had to cut it out.. our sleeping Hunnie nom. :P

This is awesome sharing, Jenny and you've got the DVD and goodies, too. Do tell us what you think of the movie, and everything. We'd love to hear your thoughts. :lol:

What a cool sharing indeed.. it sure takes awhile to upload but it's truly and absolutely well-worth it! 3drool.gif

Ohh.. ohh.. do I hear sighs.. of hunnie pandas wishing to be the lucky blanket. :P

Guest japanesezombieheroez

This is awesome sharing, Jenny and you've got the DVD and goodies, too. Do tell us what you think of the movie, and everything. We'd love to hear your thoughts. :lol:

I'm very pleased you think it was worth it! :lol:

I'd actually seen a fair bit of the movie online,but never daring to watch the ending until I got my own copy and I'm glad I waited. :) I know Park Chang-Yi is a merciless,cold-blooded killer but I just couldn't dislike him. I guess we call that the power of Hunnie,right? :D Although the stares he throws at people, unblinking and fiery as they are, do unsettle me sometimes :sweatingbullets:

Overall I love this movie though. It's just a lot of fun and while some might complain about its simple plot,you couldn't turn it off. You have to see what happens. :D

I think I watch it with new eyes now though after watching the MAKING OF and seeing how every single person ended up going 'IT WAS HELL' by the end of it.

Makes me appreciate it more :P

One last thing,there were 4 art cards that came with my copy and heres the BAD one:

scan0003.jpg

2009/6/8 Monday

I Come With The Rain (Movie)
Filed under: Movies — rtecec @ 14:29:18 

On June 6, the movie “I Come With The Rain” was released in Japan earlier than anywhere in the world. This movie was directed by Tran Anh Hung, a famous Vietnamese French film director, starring Josh Hartnett, an American actor. In the movie, also featured Lee Byung-Hun, a Korean actor, and Takuya Kimura, a Japanese actor. Basic storyline seems to be that a detective, played by Hartnett, who has a trauma of his past involving with a murder, searches a man with mysterious ability, played by Kimura, by a request from the man’s father. By searching, the detective gets to know a mafia, played by Lee. The movie seems to be reported mainly about its cast; these three beautiful big-star actors from different countries playing in one movie. On its released media script, you can see Lee Byung-Hun’s beautiful upper body. It’s wow! In “I Come With The Rain”, Shawn Yue from China and Tran Nu Yen Khe from Vietnam and a wife of Tran Anh Hung are played. What an international casting! The director Tran Anh Hung, born in Vietnam and emigrated to France is an international person himself. He has received two awards of Cannes film festival with “The Secret of Green Papaya” and an award of Venice International Film Festival with “Cyclo”. He will be directing “Norwegian Wood”, adapts from the same titled book of Haruki Murakami, to be released in 2010.

Source: rtecec.com

Japan Box Office 

June 6–7, 2009
(US $1 = 98.71 Yen) 

TW l LW l Movie l Studio l Weekend Gross l Change l Screens l Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date l Week 

1 1 Rookies: Sotsugyô Toho $10,858,252 -14.5% 428 - $25,370 $34,443,009 2 
2 2 Angels & Demons Sony $1,736,280 -43.3% 723 - $2,401 $26,566,061 4 
3 N Hagetaka: The Movie Toho $1,600,036 - 267 - $5,993 $1,600,036 1 
4 3 Yomei Ikkagetsu No Hanayome (April Bride) Toho $1,546,353 -30.1% 310 - $4,988 $25,956,685 5
5 N I Come with the Rain GAGA $638,731 - 117 - $5,459 $638,731 1 
6 4 Star Trek PPI $583,068 -62.2% 275 - $2,120 $3,974,603 2 
7 5 60-sai no rabu retâ (Love Letters at Sixty) Toho $376,439 -41.3% 190 +1 $1,981 $6,160,023 4 
8 6 Confessions of a Shopaholic Disney $313,413 -45.4% 232 - $1,351 $1,731,124 2 USA 
9 9 Jûryoku piero (A Pierrot ) Asmik Ace $268,746 -39.0% 173 - $1,553 $2,999,339 7
10 N Ultra Miracle Love Story n/a $266,880 - 26 - $10,265 $266,880 1 

Source: boxofficemojo.com

Japan B.O. listing for ICWTR from boxofficemojo.com and fan-reviews at filmjournal.net and imdb.com

news2.gif ICWTR still doing well at the Japan Box Office Top Ten, 2 weeks in a row. The movie is currently at #7... 

Japan Box Office
June 13-14, 2009

(US $1 = 98.71 Yen) 

1. 1 Rookies: Sotsugyô Toho $8,278,440 -23.8% 428 - $19,342 $50,302,149 3 
2. N Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Sony $6,129,075 - 697 - $8,794 $10,569,856 1 
3. 2 Angels & Demons Sony $1,296,596 -25.3% 539 -184 $2,406 $29,613,823 5 USA 
4. N Manatsu no Orion (Last Operations Under the Orion) Toho $1,154,329 - 309 - $3,736 $1,154,329 1 
5. 4 Yomei Ikkagetsu No Hanayome (April Bride) Toho $1,141,858 -26.2% 310 - $3,683 $28,521,209 6 
6. 3 Hagetaka: The Movie Toho $1,062,484 -33.6% 267 - $3,979 $4,275,683 2 
7. 5 I Come with the Rain GAGA $382,355 -40.1% 117 - $3,268 $2,016,151 2
8. 6 Star Trek PPI $374,097 -35.8% 275 - $1,360 $5,086,458 3 USA 
9. 7 60-sai no rabu retâ (Love Letters at Sixty) Toho $287,490 -23.6% 189 -1 $1,521 $7,167,650 5 
10. 8 Confessions of a Shopaholic Disney $227,271 -27.5% 231 -1 $984 $2,525,394 3 

news2.gif ICWTR in the Top 15 rbhcool.gif

Japan Box Office

June 27-28, 2009
(US $1 = 95.242 Yen) 

ThisWeek l LastWeek l Movie l Studio l Weekend Gross l Change l Screens l Change / Avg. Gross-to-Date l Week l Production Country

1 N Evangerion shin gekijôban: Ha (Evangelion: 2.0 You Can (Not) Advance) n/a $5,302,760 - 120 - $44,190 $5,302,760 1 Unknown 
2 1 Rookies: Sotsugyô Toho $4,290,266 -33.0% 428 - $10,024 $70,151,880 5 Japan 
3 2 Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen PPI $3,349,878 -42.3% 658 - $5,091 $12,543,529 2 USA 
4 3 Terminator Salvation: The Future Begins Sony $2,421,216 -34.3% 697 - $3,474 $24,854,280 3 USA 
5 4 Tsurugidake: ten no ki Toei $2,213,207 -18.5% 308 - $7,186 $9,284,421 3 Unknown 
6 5 The Reader n/a $555,583 -35.1% 291 - $1,909 $3,142,566 2 Germany, USA 
7 6 Angels & Demons Sony $547,533 -28.5% 365 -66 $1,500 $32,525,188 7 USA 
8 8 Yomei Ikkagetsu No Hanayome (April Bride) Toho $447,846 -32.6% 298 -4 $1,503 $31,070,495 8 Unknown 
9 9 Hagetaka: The Movie Toho $421,553 -32.2% 267 - $1,579 $6,819,171 4 Unknown 
10 7 Manatsu no Orion (Last Operations Under the Orion) Toho $413,799 -37.9% 309 - $1,339 $4,263,424 3 Unknown 
11 - Dia dokutâ (Dear Doctor) Asmik Ace $363,749 - 49 - $7,423 $363,749 2 Unknown 
12 - Vicky Cristina Barcelona Asmik Ace $309,361 - 71 - $4,357 $309,361 4 Spain, USA 
13 10 I Come with the Rain GAGA $146,634 -16.1% 117 - $1,253 $3,140,797 4 Unknown 
14 12 Star Trek PPI $116,148 -28.0% 273 -2 $425 $5,822,930 5 USA 
15 - Rachel Getting Married Sony $1,339 -24.5% 3 -1 $446 $320,490 11 USA