Lee Byung Hun 이병헌 Byunghun Lee

rubie

^ Looking at that pic of BH being mobbed by the fans.. we might be able to see the sexy SPY he's set out to be, so charming & suave. It's the aura.. the presence.. just oozing.. :blush:

And.. that 'hairstyle' might just grow on you (= us).. pun very much intended.. :lol:

no2.gifVery funny, ylin but no no no.. hopeless rubie cannot translate gist accurately.. just guessing the whole lot. Obviously a Hunnie-inspiration but mostly blurr desperation to read about him. ^^ No need to mention rubes.

But seriously.. we sure need our CNN-pandas of ylin & Ching cool-combo to treat us with more BH exclusive news & interviews .. which btw.. is there any gist for the update that came with the photo above. :rolleyes: Hehee.

Guest cynthia05

LATEST IRIS STILLS :w00t:

March 17, 2009

Lee Byung Hun - Kim Tae Hee; snowy IRIS filming launched

이병헌-김태희, 日설원에서 '아이리스' 촬영돌입

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun..._20090317_2.jpg

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v681/Hun..._20090317_1.jpg

Source: asiae.co.kr

Uhhh.. I really don't want to be snowballed for this.. but why oh why.. does the lovers' hugging look.. awkward :wacko: .. even for Byunghun-ssi? First-time blues?

Obviously.. rubie is hoping for something much closer.. and much TIGHTER. huglove.gif

oops.. blurpanda better run from snowballs of Akita.. zoomz

Hunnie looks absolutely gorgeous in the ski outfit and that colour suits him very well........really hope that KTH will warm up to him and his hugs and kisses very soon.......we all definitely know that Hunnie is more than capable of giving a more credible performance given an enhanced chemistry.

I am now imagining the beautiful scene with the golden statue, the symbol of Tazawako in the background along with the strings of a beautiful piece of music/song........can't wait to watch the drama

Hunnie looks absolutely gorgeous in the ski outfit and that colour suits him very well........really hope that KTH will warm up to him and his hugs and kisses very soon.......we all definitely know that Hunnie is more than capable of giving a more credible performance given an enhanced chemistry.

I am now imagining the beautiful scene with the golden statue, the symbol of Tazawako in the background along with the strings of a beautiful piece of music/song........can't wait to watch the drama

A well said point to ponder, Cynthia about Byunghun's acting.. especially in the romantic performance.. sure hope to see something MORE than the first still we had today. As I said earlier.. don't want to be overly-critical as I'd be happy to be proven wrong about the first impression. I kept remembering OIAS' very intense embrace with Soo Ae (the one in the rain plus the kiss) despite the actress' very shy response to him at first.

Btw.. what is the name of the place the embrace took place.. is it a lake?

IRIS at CINE21

Bigger caps of today's drama stills

M0020030__[W636-].jpg

M0020032_still_01[W636-].jpg

Source: cine21.com

Guest cynthia05

A well said point to ponder, Cynthia about Byunghun's acting.. especially in the romantic performance.. sure hope to see something MORE than the first still we had today. As I said earlier.. don't want to be overly-critical as I'd be happy to be proven wrong about the first impression. I kept remembering OIAS' very intense embrace with Soo Ae (the one in the rain plus the kiss) despite the actress' very shy response to him at first.

Btw.. what is the name of the place the embrace took place.. is it a lake?

IRIS at CINE21

Bigger caps of today's drama stills

http://image.cine21.com/resize/cine21/stil...0317/M0020030__[W636-].jpg

http://image.cine21.com/resize/cine21/stil...020032_still_01[W636-].jpg

The statue of Tatsuko on Lake Tazawa (or Tazawako in Japanese).

I am sure he will his do his best to build up a chemistry with his co-actors especially his leading ladies.......but ultimately itz up to their acting skills to turn a bland performance into a sizzling one. Letz hope and pray that this will not be a stumbling block to the whole drama!

^ Thanks Cynthia for the info (also to ylin for the news gist before this) on Tazawa-ko.

Just had to look it up.. :blush: .. it's no wonder IRIS had a scene here..

342185774_d59339acb7.jpg

The deepest lake in Japan, it never freezes. In the foreground stands Tatsuko,

the legendary maiden of the lake. image source

Tatsuko Statue - Lake Tazawa (Tazawa-ko)

The astonishing sapphire-blue lake water beautifully mirrors everything around it. The utmost relaxation can be had at this year round leisure spot.

Lake Tazawa-ko, a crater lake situated almost in the center of the eastern part of Akita Prefecture, and at 423.4 meters in depth, is the deepest lake in Japan. The almost perfectly circular lake is filled with mysterious sapphire-blue water. Depending on the season and on the depth of light penetrating into the water, the color changes from jade green to indigo blue, a sure attraction for visitors any time of year.

Take a scenic bus trip around the lake and enjoy views of the lake from different angles. On the west side of the lake, there is a bronze statue of Princess Tatsuko, where you can make a wish for eternal beauty. A pleasure boat docks at two boarding locations to take you to see the lake surface close up.

The lakeside is dotted with hotels and rest houses. In summer, it is filled with people who enjoy water sports, such as sail boarding and jet skiing. In the vicinity are many other leisure spots, including a ski resort and a camping site.

In addition, you can visit Nyuto-onsen-kyo Hot Spring Village, located at the foot of Mt. Nyuto-zan, deep in the Tazawa-ko-kogen Highlands. The village boasts seven hot springs and numerous secluded spots, perfect for relaxing in the warm water or just enjoying the peace and quiet of the natural settings.

Source: jnto.go.jp

Guest cynthia05

^ Thanks Cynthia for the info (also to ylin for the news gist before this) on Tazawa-ko.

Just had to look it up.. :blush: .. it's no wonder IRIS had a scene here..

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/131/342185774_d59339acb7.jpg

The deepest lake in Japan, it never freezes. In the foreground stands Tatsuko,

the legendary maiden of the lake. image source

Tatsuko Statue - Lake Tazawa (Tazawa-ko)

The astonishing sapphire-blue lake water beautifully mirrors everything around it. The utmost relaxation can be had at this year round leisure spot.

Lake Tazawa-ko, a crater lake situated almost in the center of the eastern part of Akita Prefecture, and at 423.4 meters in depth, is the deepest lake in Japan. The almost perfectly circular lake is filled with mysterious sapphire-blue water. Depending on the season and on the depth of light penetrating into the water, the color changes from jade green to indigo blue, a sure attraction for visitors any time of year.

Take a scenic bus trip around the lake and enjoy views of the lake from different angles. On the west side of the lake, there is a bronze statue of Princess Tatsuko, where you can make a wish for eternal beauty. A pleasure boat docks at two boarding locations to take you to see the lake surface close up.

The lakeside is dotted with hotels and rest houses. In summer, it is filled with people who enjoy water sports, such as sail boarding and jet skiing. In the vicinity are many other leisure spots, including a ski resort and a camping site.

In addition, you can visit Nyuto-onsen-kyo Hot Spring Village, located at the foot of Mt. Nyuto-zan, deep in the Tazawa-ko-kogen Highlands. The village boasts seven hot springs and numerous secluded spots, perfect for relaxing in the warm water or just enjoying the peace and quiet of the natural settings.

Source: jnto.go.jp

Indeed a very beautiful place......been there twice with totally different feelings of the place....Of course this time round was imagining ByungHun being there.....hahaaa :D . Should have taken a "hug hug" pose like both of them.....but may attract curious passerbys! Hotel which I tink they are staying, is just a stone's throw away!

Indeed a very beautiful place......been there twice with totally different feelings of the place....Of course this time round was imagining ByungHun being there.....hahaaa :D . Should have taken a "hug hug" pose like both of them.....but may attract curious passerbys! Hotel which I tink they are staying, is just a stone's throw away!

I bet looking at that magnificent sight simply leaves everyone there in awe. :D Even just reading about it.. can almost imagine the serenity and unique place the Tazawa-ko really is.. of course, nothing beats the feeling seeing it right in front of you, right. I think it's awesome that IRIS has this location featured in the series.. it'll be an even more popular tourists' spot, indeed.

As for the embrace.. whatever the first expression has brought.. it's already a set image for the series. A cute thinking comes to me ^^.. doesn't our Byunghun-ssi.. uhh :blush: .... from his previous drama/movies.. likes or rather, tends to smell/kiss the hair of his co-stars.. when they're in a scene together (re: BD, All In, Addiction). Now.. I think that's pretty romantic and sweet.. a Byunghun trademark. :lol: :blush:

Thanks to elavip at IRIS drama thread

Teaser Poster for IRIS is released!

20090318172022518.jpg

The teaser poster for drama 'IRIS' has been released. Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee and

TOP of Big Bang are casted. The first-ever Korean drama to be filled with action, betrayal

and romance between spies, it draws attention not only from the Korean fans but also the

internationally as the hottest drama of 2009.

Lee Byung Hun, Kim Tae Hee, Jung Joon Ho, Kim Seung Woo, Kim So Yeon and TOP portrayed

their roles as if they were in the scene- sharp expressions and poses forshadowed their

upcoming battles.

Lee Byung Hun represented a member of National Security Service (NSS) with piercing looks,

Kim Tae Hee with beautiful charisma, and Kim So Yeon transformed into a strong fighter.

Jung Joon Ho is an elite member (of unknown group), Kim Seung Woo's charisma, and the

freshness of TOP being a cold killer heightens the interest toward this drama.

IRIS will bring forth spy actions, and even romance as a blockbuster drama- it is said to have

2000000000 won (20000000 dollars) for production fee, and will be filmed across Asia and Europe.

IRIS, in the center of attention in not only Korea but Asia, will be produced with 20 episodes,

and will be aired in late 2009.

translated by 코코마탑횽 @ bbvipz

tiptop.mireene.com

이미혜 macondo@newsen.com

기사제보 및 보도자료 newsen@newsen.com

손에 잡히는 뉴스, 눈에 보이는 뉴스(www.newsen.com)

copyrightⓒ 뉴스엔. 무단전재 & 재배포 금지

wow the poster looks good. this drama will be refreshing, filled with lots of action, i can't wait to see more photos!

Guest kimchibabe

IRIS Poster!

http://devnewsimg.mydaily.co.kr/2009/03/18...715191110_1.jpg

Source: mydaily.co.kr

Have to say KSY's image is really eye-catching among all as the short hair is sexy! But Byunghun's intense eyes.. simply LOVE! :w00t:

This is a great poster..all the stars lined up with each exhibiting their characters..yes, intensely. There's nothing flashy, its simple but complete.

From the looks of it, now that the poster is out, BH will not be having a change in hairstyle since this will be the image of him in the series. :rolleyes:

Honestly, after all these months, I have grown to love BH's rugged hair and all. In a way, he did reinvent himself for IRIS. ;)

This is a great poster..all the stars lined up with each exhibiting their characters..yes, intensely. There's nothing flashy, its simple but complete.

From the looks of it, now that the poster is out, BH will not be having a change in hairstyle since this will be the image of him in the series. :rolleyes:

Honestly, after all these months, I have grown to love BH's rugged hair and all. In a way, he did reinvent himself for IRIS. ;)

Yup.. it's as good as confirmed, huh.. the style is here to stay. In fact BH has been preparing us for "the look" since early this year. :lol:

I love the way you said that he's re-inventing himself through IRIS. It's just that Byunghun-ssi past performances in dramas/movies have been so impressive that we'd remember his acting as well as his style for each persona so well.. kinda hard to shake off some of the images, too.

Someone at IRIS thread just mentioned a very good point :w00t: Remember Minchul's blonde hairstyle in BD? :P Some feared they couldn't get past the "hair distraction" at first but what happened in the end :rolleyes: .. it doesn't matter at all after that.. BH just rocks on with the style. Can we even imagine now Minchul without that hairstyle which obviously became a BD trademark? :lol:

Guest cynthia05

Yup.. it's as good as confirmed, huh.. the style is here to stay. In fact BH has been preparing us for "the look" since early this year. :lol:

I love the way you said that he's re-inventing himself through IRIS. It's just that Byunghun-ssi past performances in dramas/movies have been so impressive that we'd remember his acting as well as his style for each persona so well.. kinda hard to shake off some of the images, too.

Someone at IRIS thread just mentioned a very good point :w00t: Remember Minchul's blonde hairstyle in BD? :P Some feared they couldn't get past the "hair distraction" at first but what happened in the end :rolleyes: .. it doesn't matter at all after that.. BH just rocks on with the style. Can we even imagine now Minchul without that hairstyle which obviously became a BD trademark? :lol:

Finally the poster (or just a teaser?) of the all-star cast is out.........and his shaggy-dog hair is definitely here to stay, at least for IRIS. As much as I had hoped for a more typical sleek spy look, I guess Hunnie wanted a more refreshing, ala non-typical image for his role......who knows? may even set a trend for would-be copycats. Trust our BH to give another stellar and trendsetting performance.....and he seems to be so fond of his image in GBW (with his hair covering one eye) that he is sort of reprising that look here.

I must say that KSY looks impressive and sexy from her powerful gaze (must retract my words of saying that she looks plain compared to her usual ong hair) and she will definitely have a sizzling performance with our Hunnie. The same can't be said of KTH at the moment (hope she can prove me wrong!)

Finally the poster (or just a teaser?) of the all-star cast is out.........and his shaggy-dog hair is definitely here to stay, at least for IRIS. As much as I had hoped for a more typical sleek spy look, I guess Hunnie wanted a more refreshing, ala non-typical image for his role......who knows? may even set a trend for would-be copycats. Trust our BH to give another stellar and trendsetting performance

Can't agree more with you, Cynthia.. gotta give to our Byunghun-ssi to create a storm for his tv comeback.. he's definitely never boring.. no no no. After GBW's totally badboy look.. who knows.. a new wave of IRIS style will emerge a craze for 2009. :lol:

2009 March 17

Sneak Peek - Cinderella Man and IRIS

Drama: IRIS (아이리스)

iris_20090317_7.jpg

IRIS - on location in Akita Prefecture, Japan; the two characters are on a ski holiday

Choi Seung Hee + Kim Hyun Joon

Broadcast Schedule: September 2009

Episodes: 20

Directors: Kim Kyu Tae, Yang Yun Ho

Screenwriter: Choi Wan Gyu

Cast:

Lee Byung Hun - Kim Hyun Joon

Kim Tae Hee - Choi Seung Hee

Jung Joon Ho - Jin Sa Woo

T.O.P (Choi Seung Hyun) - N/A

Kim Seung Woo - Park Chul Yung

Kim So Yeon - Kim Sun Hwa

Yoo Min (Fueki Yuko) - Sato Eriko

Synopsis:

Assassin Kim Hyun Joon and psychological analyst Choi Seung Hee are lovers as well as colleagues at secret intelligence organization, NSS. Due to a friend’s betrayal, they go through hell with the unlucky fate of continually loving each other but unable to say or do anything about it. Jin Sa Woo is a secret agent who was at the top of his class. However, since meeting Hyun Joon and Seung Hee, he struggles to obey orders. He and Hyun Joon are friends in work but foes in love, as both care for Seung Hee. (KP's note: I’m not sure if Sa Woo is the one that betrays them.)

The character played by T.O.P is an assassin for IRIS, a secret organization hidden the States. He has been assigned to kill Hyun Joon. Kim Sun Hwa is a North Korean security agent who follows her security team leader, Park Chul Yung, like a shadow. She is also ordered to chase after Hyun Joon, but falls in love with him after being discarded by her country. Sato Eriko is an agent for Japan’s Defence Intelligence Headquarters.

Other: The cast and crew will film in several different countries (Japan, U.S., China, Russia) with an astounding budget of approximately $15 million USD (based on March 17’s exchange rate).

Source: kpculture.wordpress.com

Guest Janie Simply

As for the embrace.. whatever the first expression has brought.. it's already a set image for the series. A cute thinking comes to me ^^.. doesn't our Byunghun-ssi.. uhh :blush: .... from his previous drama/movies.. likes or rather, tends to smell/kiss the hair of his co-stars.. when they're in a scene together (re: BD, All In, Addiction). Now.. I think that's pretty romantic and sweet.. a Byunghun trademark. :lol: :blush:

Haha, the huggie thingy is indeed a sizzling topic... aish, it's just a still pic :sweatingbullets: yet... there's so much to talk about and to analyze <_<

rubie-hun, no wonder I didn't feel connected to the embrace pic at all 'cos I think I was yearning for that... hug-smell-kiss hair trademark thingy :sweatingbullets: Who knows, maybe it will appear on the next screen cap :rolleyes: But still so envy KTH for having that privilege of being hugged <_<

Thanks for the updates on Iris plot, it definitely helps to put thing in perspective as to who's who and now I am curious to know which lady will own Kim Hyun Joon in the end :)

Well said on BH's hairdo by Cynthia and thanks to all for your juicy & yummy description on Hunnie, I literally feel breathless reading every single line... seriously :sweatingbullets:

I really like the poster teaser, simple yet enchanting...

IRIS Poster!

[]http://devnewsimg.mydaily.co.kr/2009/03/18/200903181715191110_1.jpg[/]

Source: mydaily.co.kr

Have to say KSY's image is really eye-catching among all as the short hair is sexy! But Byunghun's intense eyes.. simply LOVE! :w00t:

rubie, thanks for sharing the teaser poster for Iris - it's cool! I’m excited about this drama – including those action scenes mentioned. :lol::D

Guest mailene28

rubie, thanks for the poster as well as the articles ^^. ;) i like it. willenette is right, it looks so cool.. hi sis! :D missed yah!

Really hope we'll have some gist to read on this.. :huh: .. poor Byunghun-ssi, hope it's really not the case. On the other hand.. the photo of BH here (though not a new one but never seen before) is soooooooooooooooooo sexy! :wub: :wub: :wub:

March 19, 2009

Lee Byung Hun - schedule problems with upcoming movies??

이병헌 돌연 할리우드행? "스케줄 어쩌나"

할리우드 출연작 개봉 고민

스포츠한국 이재원기자 jjstar@sportshankook.co.kr

coming200903190105240.jpg

배우 이병헌이 할리우드 영화 프로모션으로 고민에 빠졌다.

이병헌은 올해 할리우드 영화를 연이어 개봉한다. 이병헌은 6월 <나는 비와 함께 간다(I come with the rain)> 일본 개봉을 비롯해 8월 < G.I.조 > 전세계 개봉을 앞두고 있다.

8월에는 지난해 출연작인 영화 <좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈>이 일본에서 선보이기도 한다. 그 때문에 이병헌은 통상 일본 개봉에 앞서 2개월에 전부터 시작되는 프로모션 일정을 놓고 발을 동동 구르고 있다.

현재 드라마 <아이리스>가 현재 일본에서 한창 촬영 중인 터라 좀처럼 짬을 내기 어려운 실정이다. 일본 이후 러시아 터키 등으로 로케이션을 이어갈 예정이라 여름에도 스케줄 조정이 쉽지 않을 전망이다.

이병헌은 지난해 봄 칸 국제영화제에 <좋은 놈, 나쁜 놈, 이상한 놈>이 비경쟁 부문에 진출했을 당시에도 프라하에서 < G.I.조 >를 촬영하느라 하루 늦게 칸으로 향했다.

이병헌 측은 "올해 일정이 겹쳤지만 어느 것 하나 소홀할 수 없는 일들이라 고민 중이다. 최대한 시간을 맞추기 위해 애쓰고 있다"고 밝혔다.

Source: sports.hankooki.com

Not really smooth looking ones, huh.. :blush: .. but hopefully our panda maestros.. ylin, Celina, autumnleaves, mailene.. LS-Omma.. and EVERYONE can create cool IRIS-BH banners for the thread :wub:

iris_bh1.jpg

s4.jpg

iris_b7.gif