Jo In Sung | Zo In Sung 조인성 / Drama 2023: Moving 무빙

gm4queen

@blim0523 .... thank you anyway darling :).  It is SO comforting to know you are here :).  Nice airport pics.... I wonder where our JIS was off to...
@Roym - thank you my dear so much for your response.  You have explained everything to me perfectly about the awards system.  Exactly what I was looking for :).
@everythingnothing - thank you very much too.  Now that you mentioned it - I do recall seeing a post about the nominations here but at that stage there were "nominations only" - hence my surprise when I looked up info on LKS on Wikipedia and saw that he had already won that award. Thank you for explaining to me the importance of the APLAN awards.  Not being familiar with the Korean Dramas TV award system I wanted to differentiate between trivial awards and the more important ones (like in the US - you have the MTV awards and the Oscars - obviously the actors consider the Oscars to be of more importance and significance etc.).  I am very curious how IOTL will be "treated" in the awards stake. I personally loved the show and miss it desperately but I also understand that Koreans were not necessarily ready for it? 
@xoxoforme - I also loved JIS in coats and smart suits in TWTWB but I really, really loved his smart/casual style in IOTL. 
@zongie - I so love the 3 pics you posted of our JIS (rehearsing and with either a fan or a staff member [wearing a blue shirt]). He has such a beautiful smile :) 

@moniw18 I see, dear :)

Baeksang Arts Awards is the most prestigious for TV awards in South Korea but I just trust in APAN Star Awards the most these days, this award is based on acting skills mainly.

While Grand Bell Awards and Blue Dragon Film Awards are the most prestigious for Film Awards.

I'm sure you know even OSCAR not only based on acting skills mainly...you all can see from Gwyneth Paltrow.

Talking about his fashion in the dramas. Agree... I like both in TWTWB and IOIL but I prefer his style in the latter...I like mix&match style more.

@xoxoforme He is considering the roles in movie projects.

me too...I want him to pair up with Jun Ji Hyun but I hope it's not Kim Eun Sook's drama...PLEASE

mmmmmmmm~!! she is  successful writer. but in last year she wrote drama "the heirs" I think!! .. in fact, that drama did not gain alot Impress for  the STORY line i wish at this moment that  he is heading to the movies. It was his last film "Frozen flower" in 2008 ,7 years!
 really much! he stayed away from the big screen a lot
but I think also. really seems that he is considering taking a role in the film.
he can not making three Dramas  in three consecutive years 2013 ,2014 , 2015 !

Guest foodchef

@moniw18 JIS's next project might be a movie...there have been news about Park Kwang Hyun new movie (director of Welcome to Dongmakgol) JIS's side said he will consider the offer finally after finishing IOTL shooting...JIS's pretty close to the director. The articles still mentioned"Ice Blade"...maybe he will act in both projects lol

Guest foodchef

Roym said: mmmmmmmm~!! she is  successful writer. but in last year she wrote drama "the heirs" I think!! .. in fact, that drama did not gain alot Impress for  the STORY line i wish at this moment that  he is heading to the movies. It was his last film "Frozen flower" in 2008 ,7 years!
 really much! he stayed away from the big screen a lot
but I think also. really seems that he is considering taking a role in the film.
he can not making three Dramas  in three consecutive years 2013 ,2014 , 2015 !

Guest foodchef

everythingnothing said:

@moniw18 I see, dear :)

Baeksang Arts Awards is the most prestigious for TV awards in South Korea but I just trust in APAN Star Awards the most these days, this award is based on acting skills mainly.

@foodchef No, I am not talking about "Kwon Bob"... this will be Park Kwang Hyun new project "Carved Man"

I'm sure you remember Insung used to say he wanted to act in film noir after TWTWB..."Ice Blade" is also film nior so I really want to know his decision.

"e.g. international collaboration" Insung has no interest in this thing like his close senior Ko Hyun Jung...I'm not ok with Choi Min Sik appearance in Lucy, dear.

@Roym I have some problem with Kim Eun Sook's drama characters so I don't want him to do her drama and I want him to focus on movie career but who knows...maybe he would do Kim Eun Sook drama after IOTL... if it really happened, I believe there are smth good enough about the script.

" really much! he stayed away from the big screen a lot" actually he wanted to comeback with a movie after enlistment.

Guest foodchef

@everythingnothing regarding Park Kwang Hyun’s new project, "Carved Man" and JIS’s decision on his next Noir film project:

I will be looking forward to the casting and synopsis update of Park Kwang Hyun’s new project, "Carved Man". I’m also interested on which Noir film he will choose for his next project.

@everythingnothing regarding JIS’s international collaboration:

I was thinking about the international collaboration of the Noir film, "Ice Blade" because I remembered that JIS met with the Japanese mangaka of "Jirashin" when he visited Japan. The collaboration in my mind was that he consulted with the original author on how to breathes life to the role of Kyoya Ida, the screen writer that designed the blueprints of the Japanese based adaption of the manga, "Jirashin" and the director to captivate the justice of the Noir film , "Ice Blade". Yes, you're correct. JIS mentioned that he is a domestic actor and had no ambitions to act internationally in one of his interview question when he was promoting, "TWTWB" oversea. I had no intention of having JIS (an authentic domestically established actor in the Korean entertainment industry) assimilated into the mainstream Hollywood entertainment industry.

@everythingnothing regarding the script of Kim Eun Sook’s new drama:

Based on JIS's past interview, my theory is that the script of her new drama included the genre of history.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

T5RViSw.jpg

"In Sung met Tsutomu Takahashi on June 29th when he came to Japan for his FM. So he has met the author for at least two times" (@DungB).

[Source]

Cr: tao69’s diary & @DungB

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dashing Zo In-Sung is back

Posted: 30 May 2013 06:28 PM PDT

By SETO KIT YAN 

Cool and contented: Zo In-sung is perfectly happy with his success in Asia. He has no plans to crack the Hollywood market.

After a stint with the South Korean air force, the dashing Zo In-Sung stages a successful comeback into showbiz.

-

-

-

(I skipped unrelated contents of the article to reference JIS's comfort as a domestic actor).

Unlike fellow Korean artistes like Lee Byung-hun (G.I Joe: The Rise Of Cobra and G.I Joe: Retaliation) and Rain (Ninja Assassin and Speed Racer) who ventured to Hollywood, Zo said that he does not aspire to take his career beyond Korea. “I don’t speak English,” the lanky chap said, adding, “I don’t have big dreams. I’m already lucky and happy to be in this position here. There is a saying that goes, “If you don’t worry about your future too much, you can focus more on the present”.

>Due to popular demand, That Winter, The Wind Blows is set for a re-run every Saturday and Sunday at 3.15pm on ONE HD (Astro B.yond Ch 393) starting June 1.

[source] 

Cr:  entertainment@thestar.com.my & The Star Online: Entertainment: TV & Radio

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

[COVERAGE] “A Date with Zo In Sung” Press Conference
by Ellia on Sunday, June 2nd, 2013 at 11:11 pm

"A Date with Zo In Sung" Press Conference

-

-

-

(I skipped unrelated contents of this article to reference JIS's interest in future projects that included the genre of history).

Q: Before taking on this drama, have there been any instances when you thought that you should have taken on a drama or you should have taken up the offer for a character? Or perhaps an acting project you wished you could have taken?

ZIS: The drama "Hourglass". It is a very good drama. That drama contains Korean history and I believe that when it is based on history, it gives the drama more depth. Because more than romance and love, there is so much more to enjoy when you are watching history. I'd love to do more projects that involves history.

[Source]

Cr: Ellia of SG K-Wave

@foodchef @everythingnothing @Roym
I think JIS dropped the Fist fighting which is also known for "Kwon Bob" due to speculated limited budget. He also awaited for years for that film but it took so long. That might have changed his decision and went to dramas. Now the production team of that film are facing casting crisis which resulted to shifting from Yeo Jin-goo to Kim Soo Hyun. But Kim Soo Hyun rejected the film (which is right btw).
I haven't heard about the Ice Blade. Probably he was weighing which one to part take since it was reported 2011 after his released.
Song Hye Kyo was deserving for that award. Her character was captivating and fragile which you could see on tv. Though I wanted JIS to win that award too together with her but I guess his acting in TWTWB weren't convincing for the judges of that event. But if I were to judge him in IOIL, he was able to show the natural side of him and made me think that he was really Jang Jae Yeol.  His acting skills has improved and thanks to Gong Hyo Jin too. They interacted with one another very well. His crying scenes were touching and unbearable due to pain causing deep in our hearts that moved us into tears. So as with Gong Hyo Jin. They showed much love for the drama and I loved it.
I don't think Kim Eun-sook would consider JIS to be one of her characters in that upcoming series. She probably wanted Hyun Bin and Kim Soo Hyun.

@xoxoforme " I don't think Kim Eun-sook would consider JIS to be one of her characters in that upcoming series. She probably wanted Hyun Bin and Kim Soo Hyun." yes, KES really likes Hyunbin but she never decided to bring Hyunbin and Kim Soo Hyun into her new project. It is well known that she always mentioned the names of actors she likes and wants to work with in her dramas ...she mentioned Insung in both Secret Garden and The Heirs...plus her next project is a melodrama not romcom...I hope I'm wrong.

Song Hye Kyo deserved her Daesang from TWTWB...her role in TWTWB is more difficult to act than all candidates in Daesang category, Insung, Lee Bo Young and Go Soo.

I like Insung's electrified , complicated acting style...the techniques he uses in his acting...and the way he interprets his characters in most of his works like his close senior Ko Hyun Jung.

First. about movie "Kwon Bob" I think he was really. wants to return in a movie after the enlistment period. but that film offered him before he entered the military ,or when he was in the military , but as  excellent actor and fabulous skill acting like him , back with story  movie "semi-faint" It was difficult for him. Therefore, refused to do the role. or maybe really about ,due to limited budget anyway that film now not in his list ~

for the last period. "JIS" remains says he really has no inclination to "world-renowned. global recognition and nternational collaboration  .. etc"
in the field of his acting. I think that currently he wants to prove his skill of acting more and more. in the multiplicity of characters and difficulty roles. his last call in one of the radio stations. after he Break up from his ex-gf "min hee" He recalled that his schedule is busy so much! "in the sense that he cannot dating at the time being never"  also in the last fans meeting for the last drama "IOIL"
"he said, he will try to focus on acting. before he reaches age of forty years. So he trying to intensify his work. add for, to distinguish those roles and projects in the future . due it seems he is trying to focus on his career in acting these days .

I agree with that. Writer, "Kim Eun Sook" want to work with, "JIS" and said that so more than once .. but I have heard that the new melo Drama really between "Hyun bin's" hands now .. & He's considering role

Let's not hurry. "JIS" frequently visited Japan this period. in the beginning of the year. The movie " Ice Blade" from that period 2011 has been presented to "JIS" we did not appear there was any "answer" from him. the writer received acceptance the role from another actor not "JIS"?or he still, considering the role?Or that project has been canceled?

Yes !! more recently  "JIS" mentioned he wants to work in the "historical drama" this will be a great. after  film "Frozen flower" now wait, "a huge role" in work of historical drama. Usually "historical drama" need a huge budget. and also a long time to study the curves of role.

Saw this on JIS Vietnam FC, I can't understand the caption though it seems like JIS and Park Kyung Lim guested in Section TV Entertainment. Hope there's a video with English sub, I just loved them in their My Sassy Girl parody and in  Non-Stop 2 even though I didn't understand what they were saying becoz I couldn't find a video with English sub :)3Wzi937.jpg
64ypcwH.jpg
8hLF0u7.jpg

EDITED: I read somewhere that this PKL's talk concert :)

Guest timi163

I  might be mistaken but I think he dropped Kwon Bob because of the storyline,  he would be playing a highschool kid if ever. ,Since it was postponed too many times he outgrown that role obviously and maybe asked for a revision (?) of the script.  We cannot also disregard the budget problem,as most of you pointed out.  It was reported that it received an investment  from China that will cover 30% of the total cost production. They did say conflict of schedule was the reason.,  although I was not aware of anything that he did around that time except his TWTWB promotions abroad and a couple of events ( KIM C's and Kim Bummie's, and a couple of CF's ..did he ever went to Ohio for that Missha commercial??? Anyway, It's more likely he will do Ice Blade. Hopefully it won't be another 2 years of waiting!  @Blim0523 <gasp>> oh, he's  so precious! I saw those pics  last night as well in FB.  He's really close with his noonas.