Jane Zhang Liangying (张靓颖)

Guest brightlight

Guest foowdx3

i LOVE jane!!! her voice is amazing! why is she so underrated?!? her voice is so versatile! she can sing anything, whether it's r&b, pop, or traditional chinese songs! she needs more recognition!! i totally fell for her voice in super girls! i seriously till this day cannot understand why she didn't win that competition...but anyways, JIA YOU JANE!!!

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest brightlight

Jane's new theme song, "Floating Cloud and Flowing Water," for Chinese 3D animation film "Carnival of the Animals"

Chinese diva Jane Z. looks to boost cultural exchange with Japan

Jane Z. first came to prominence after showing off her spinto soprano voice and fluent English to 400 million viewers in the final of Chinese TV show Supergirl in 2005. Since then she has become China's biggest pop star, breaking just about every record for a Chinese artist by playing stadium shows across the country, achieving 13 no.1 singles, winning the Chinese version of the Grammy for Best Female Artist 3 years running and becoming the most downloaded singer in the country.

Jane Z. was appointed the Youth Ambassador for China in 2008 when she accompanied Chinese President Hu Jintao to Japan and is also a UNICEF Ambassador, as well as Teresa Teng's official tribute singer. She has already worked with international stars such as tenor Andrea Bocelli, multi-Grammy winning composer David Foster, Oscar and Grammy winning composer Tan Dun.

Better known as Zhang Liangying in China, Jane Z. comes to Japan to announce her new international name, discuss the fast-growing entertainment industry of China and present her plans to be the first mainland Chinese pop star to become internationally renowned.

source: The Foreign Correspondents Club of Japan

• 2 weeks later...

Jane has such an amazing voice. I've been listening to her album. And would anyone here have
english translations for her song "我的路(My Way)
?" I've been looking for them. :] The songs melody/beat is the same as a song I have in English and I just want to know if it has the same meaning. Thanks.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Guest brightlight

Jane Zhang showcases in Japan

Jane Zhang held her Japan Premier Showcase on March 29th. The arrangements for the songs were energetic and playful, and she pulled them off like a pro. She also performed a Japanese version of "light in darkness"

Her visit to Japan also brought her to the attention of another star who recently visited Japan:

"It's mad!" Duffy exclaims, "I've never heard great singers come from this part of the world. Jane's gorgeous and she's got a great voice!"

I have no idea what the first part was suppose to mean, but at least Jane's loved.

To be loved:

click here

During the interview in Japan, she also commented on her music style:

"Before, I was singing a lot of sad songs, so people think I'm a sad person. I really wanted them to know the real me: I like rock music. In this song I sing with a new producer, Keith, and he's a rocker...so on this album the fast songs are done in a rock style. I like the guitar parts, I really like that," she said.

Music lets me say:

As the encore performance, Jane performed something a little more mellow than the rest of the show - Teresa Tang's Du Shang Xi Lou (going on the Western mansion alone)

sources: Daily Yomiuri, Japan Times

Guest kensamor

I was watching Oprah yesterday and I thought I saw Jane Zhang during the promo for this Monday's episode. Is she going to be featured on the show?

Chinese singer Jane Zhang to appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show"

Susan Boyle and Simon Cowell Coming to 'Oprah Winfrey Show'

On May 11, 'The Oprah Winfrey Show' presents the world's talents, ranging from China's chart topper Jane Zhang to recent YouTube sensation Susan Boyle.

Coming to "The Oprah Winfrey Show" on Monday, May 11 are two icons of "Britain's Got Talent". Judge Simon Cowell will attend the talk show in person while contestant Susan Boyle will pop her head via Skype. The episode is under the theme "The World's Got Talent" and is packed with talents around the world.

Simon, who is also the judge in "American Idol", will set the record straight on the rumor of him leaving the American singing show. Meanwhile, to accommodate the sudden fascination of Susan Boyle, host Oprah Winfrey will get to know more about her personally. The 47-year-old will be beamed via satellite from her house in Scotland and she will give Oprah a 'tour' around the house.

According to the press release, Simon will also be there to "debut the artists he calls 'the next big thing'". Also featured on the episode are singer Jane Zhang from China, Germany's "Alex Swings, Oscar Sings" who appears via satellite from Hamburg and a look at Afghanistan's top talent competition.

Source: Aceshowbiz

Check out the preview!

Guest cfensi

Chinese singer Jane Zhang to appear on "The Oprah Winfrey Show"

Susan Boyle and Simon Cowell Coming to 'Oprah Winfrey Show'

Source: Aceshowbiz

Check out the preview!

Lol at all the comments being all about Jane on the site. Glad people are showing their support!

• 1 year later...
Guest idarklight

Jane Zhang going Universal with new album February 2, 2010 | Posted in Mainland China, Music, Tagged Believe in Jane, Jane Zhang Liangying 302z2gn.jpg

Jane Zhang released her new album and the first one from Universal – Believe in Jane – today. The songs range from rnb I believe, I don’t wanna pray, If this is love, to sweeter and more light hearted I do, to slow love songs Need You, This is fine, We all forsook love, and to fast beat songs Can’t do it,Hot and Deserved it, and they all sound good. Whereas Jane’s voice along pretty much held up her previous albums, this time, the songs themselves deserve attention.

The album, which you can buy on yesasia here, is definitely the number one perk for Jane. Let’s just hope the other parts – like making her universally (or at least globally) known, and allowing her to work with artists around the world will also come true.

Guest idarklight

Jane's new MV's:

Can’t do it MV – Da Mouth and Jane Zhang

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dmAmZbjixNE

As singer Jane Zhang prepares for the Hong Kong/Taiwan release of her new album, she’s finally releasing more MV’s from her new album.

Other than the already released “I believe” MV, this morning, the “If this is Love” MV starring Actor Joseph Chang and Super Girl Pan Chen was released.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JstO-qUMm9Y

This afternoon, the full version for “Bravely Love,” a new song included in the HK/TW version was unveiled.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l1JzEDEMmw4

Guest jawjuhh

she's so talented, but i really don't like her pop music (at least, the ones i've heard).  but like, painted heart, impressions, soo beautiful.

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
Guest TimelessSinger93

Jane Zhang has a wonderful voice~! I have yet to listen to her other songs, but I really like her song "Promise" but can't find the translation for the song and the music video... I really want to know what they're saying... can someone help me?

• 3 years later...
Guest ReinaT1430294326

wow I do not think it bring forth so long without putting things Jane

http://zhangliangying.tumblr.com/post/93587324237/the-seventh-sense

Archived