Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest amydien

Is there a way to recover save files on DS?

My brother had over-written my Retro Game Challenge save file! T_____T

I was already half-way into finishing the game...

Heh, this might be off topic but.. do any one of you guys use emulators? Like those flash cards for multiple DS games? I'm planning to get one but I don't know which one to get or how to use 'em.

As a warning, the latest popular titles like pokemon or final fantasy usually have some sort of protection that doesn't allow you to play the game on the flashcard - that is until someone figures out a patch or something, which dependent on the card.

Yeah the new Pokemon Soul Silver/ Heart Gold, when you play the game sometimes freezes. I downloaded a patched version so it has worked better but still freezes once in a while so I have to save often -_- But so far it has been really fun, brings back memories of Pokemon Gold/Silver :D

Guest justwildbeat
I'm trying out that new Wizard of Oz game (it's an rpg). the music seems nice and so does the graphics :)

Wizard of Oz is next on my "to play" list. Right now I'm working on A Witch's Tale. It's pretty terrible (sadly there was potential), but once I start something I have to finish it.

Guest srenity
I'm trying out that new Wizard of Oz game (it's an rpg). the music seems nice and so does the graphics :)

Good find! I've actually never heard of this game until you and justwildbeat pointed it out =P It reminds me a bit of a game that I worked on called 'My World My Way'. I'm not trying to advertise or anything, but I think you guys should give it a try.

By looking at the cover, it's super girly but I hope it doesn't stop some male gamers into trying it out.

It's like an RPG where you play as a princess that gets her way by using Pout Points (you can change the terrain, get harder/easier monsters, get more EXP or $$ from monster drops, get the first turn, skip a quest etc), you get a pet slime who learns moves by mimicking part of the body of a monster (ex: a wizard's head= certain spells, a golem's hand= not able to equip weapons, etc), a pet parrot that learns spells by... osmosis for the lack of a better word, and you get some funny dialogue too. I have to warn it's a lot of level grinding especially towards the end of the game, could get repetitive and VERY frustrating on one point of a quest but I don't want to spoil it =P (aka, it's not for first-time RPG players)

^

lol I did try that one out too - but then i stopped playing it for some reason. the bosses were fairly hard which required me to level up - so i might have gotten bored with all the grinding. or the unresponsive prince lol

Some other RPGs that might be geared towards females:

Steal Princess (I didn't like the controls)

Avalon Code (the game's concept was really neat it just took too long to battle)

Wizard of Oz is next on my "to play" list. Right now I'm working on A Witch's Tale. It's pretty terrible (sadly there was potential), but once I start something I have to finish it.

lol i was going to check that out. thanks for the heads up. I have a terrible habit of not finishing what I start - i have a poor attention span. I'm nearly finished one of my favorite game - the world ends with you - but I can't bring myself to complete it.

Oh, thanks for this break down. But hopefully they can get Kingdom Hearts 358 / 2 Days to work haha. I don't want to waste like 30 dollars for one game. Even though I havn't touch my DS Lite for over a year I'd like to get some more games out of the money being used. :X

Also if you could answer one question which is the better card? The R4 or M3? In your opinions, or based on what you use.

Kingdom of Hearts - may require a fix since it's so popular and square enix tends to have some piracy controls.

as for which card to use, it's up to you. like i mentioned, R4 doesn't seem to have much updates - but it's one of the most popular ones so people probably fixed the roms. Anyways I'll PM you a link for further discussion.

Guest justwildbeat
lol i was going to check that out. thanks for the heads up. I have a terrible habit of not finishing what I start - i have a poor attention span. I'm nearly finished one of my favorite game - the world ends with you - but I can't bring myself to complete it.

Well A Witch's Tale, I feel was supposed to be a Pokemon-like RPG. The main problem is the battle system, as it's senseless. Pretty much all I have are either magic or physical attacks and I have to guess which one will be more effective. As there are no visible indications of "enemy element types." There isn't even a catalogue of encountered/defeated enemies. So you just end up defeating enemies by brute force, not much strategy involved.

Aside from that, the worlds and characters are attractively designed. I liked Candy Land world hahaha

i finally got my acekard and i have been trying to personalize my screen skin/themes, problem is that i cant find really good ones. theres like a limited amount on the net. i went to acekard and ndsthemes and they only had a few for the acekard. (im going to make my own skins later, but for now i don't have time.) anyone know where i can get new ones? thanks ^_^

^^ i don't finish most of my games either! like im on the last level, final boss and i traded all of them in. ha! XD hopefully i dwnlded several games onto my microsd , so im set.

btw im trying out tokimeki memorial, but since its japanese does anyone have like an english translation? and can anyone else recommend a good dating game for the nintendo dsi? be it in any other language? (as longs as theres a walkthrough?)

thanks ♥

^ Did you try this site?

http://www.ndsthemes.com/themes/title/ak2

tokimeki memorial walkthrough

http://faqs.ign.com/articles/451/451308p1.html

lol i didn't like it cuz it didn't explain a lot of stuff/ I don't know enough Japanese to follow it. I don't think that there's many/if any english otome games ( I think that's the Japanese term) out there. I was curious so i googled it. People site Harvest Moon or Avalon Code as dating games. There are other ones that are made for the english audience but they aren't very good. Here's a site with the info: http://www.otomegames.com/games.shtml. I was curious one day and tried the PC game called Yo-Jin-Bo... +_+ it's so weird. it's like reading a manga but too many texts and not many pics, perhaps I don't like this genre.

Oh btw Lux Pain - it's a text based game. it's like reading a book. I tried it but got annoyed with the "fighting". I think games like Devil Survivor (RPG) is better. It's more fighting than making your own story but there are texts and options you can choose. I wouldn't call either one of these an "Otome" game though.

Guest NO NAME?

It seems that Cooking Mama 3: Shop & Chop got dumped early (The release date is: October 20, 2009). For those who tried it out already, how is it?

Guest I_broke_a_nail!

I'm pretty sure (even though I'm pretty new to download NDS games) that the new Kingdom Hearts ###/## days game can't be downloaded, unless you get a fix and play it on the computer only.

So I bought it, which I didn't mind since I turned in 2 old NDS games at Gamestop and got the new KH games for free with some credit to spare. But it's really good so far.

But like I said, I don't think its downloadable for the NDS.

But I could be terribly wrong... if so, sorry in advance

^ You can find most DS roms at romulation.

What's new about Cooking Mama 3? I tried 2 for a bit but it seemed too easy. :[

I tried looking and couldn't find it :(

Any ways, I only played the first one for the DS and world kitchen for the wii.

But for the 3rd one, you can cook with your friends, Cooking contest, a mini game where Mama goes grocery shopping...and there's a picture food diary.

What's new about Cooking Mama 3? I tried 2 for a bit but it seemed too easy. :[

I've only played it a bit but so far its pretty much the same, just new recipes. Still fun though. :)

^ in the second, you can cook with friends too @_@ cant you? I mean a cooking contest....

Yup sure can. :P Totally fun with friends.

Archived