Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

Guest madeinktown

currently playing megaman zx advent

it's a little disappointing. it's fun and all but not especially fun. and i beat zelda: phantom hourglass. now that was an awesome game.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest vividified

Which PW game showed Mia getting killed?

cus in t & t

they talked about it. but I dont know what happened.

Waiting for "Apollo Justice" :]

im going to miss PW

the first one and it is the second case

Guest monchichi

currently playing megaman zx advent

it's a little disappointing. it's fun and all but not especially fun. and i beat zelda: phantom hourglass. now that was an awesome game.

Zelda is awesome but I'm stuck now, dammit.... >.< I can't figure out how to get past the two huge armoured thugs in the water temple (or whatever temple it is on the main island)...

So I gave up and moved onto "The Sims 2: Castaway" which is fun but kinda tedious at times and the crap thing is, there's no walkthrough out at the moment so I gotta wing it the entire way.

Guest madeinktown

Zelda is awesome but I'm stuck now, dammit.... >.< I can't figure out how to get past the two huge armoured thugs in the water temple (or whatever temple it is on the main island)...

So I gave up and moved onto "The Sims 2: Castaway" which is fun but kinda tedious at times and the crap thing is, there's no walkthrough out at the moment so I gotta wing it the entire way.

you mean the phantoms? you can only really kill them by a) rolling a giant boulder onto them, B) drop them down a hole or c) the phantom sword. you can stun them by shooting them in the back with arrows or slamming them with your hammer.

finished PW3 T&T

I got to say that it was the

best game ive played.

the last episode shocked me

o__o

but I loved it.

btw..

Which PW game showed Mia getting killed?

cus in t & t

they talked about it. but I dont know what happened.

Waiting for "Apollo Justice" :]

im going to miss PW

Don't worry, Phoenix will be in Apollo Justice as well.

Guest RS Trax

A portion taken from my Wii News & Updates post..

----------------

I've compiled a videogame wishlist at Amazon.com; and here's a portion of the list that will be out this week:

11/12 - Super Mario Galaxy [Wii] 49.99

11/12 - Ultimate Mortal Kombat [NDS] 29.99

11/12 - Cruis'n [Wii] 29.95

11/13 - Medal of Honor: Heroes 2 [Wii] 49.99

11/13 - Resident Evil: Umbrella Chronicles [Wii] 49.99

11/13 - Need for Speed: ProStreet [Wii] 49.99

11/13 - Contra 4 [NDS] 29.99

The good games are rolling once again as it gets closer to the Holidays. My wallet will sure be getting a beating.

----------------

Catch all the previous Wii News & Updates at my Xanga blog.

I must now go pick up my copy of Galaxy in stores now!

See you all next week! \:D/

// Roth

Guest yukumushio

Anyone else use R4? Or is such talk not appreciated?

I just got it real cheap somewhere, but I'm really liking it, it's easy to use and I can have like 60 games on one cartridge.

Guest monchichi

you mean the phantoms? you can only really kill them by a) rolling a giant boulder onto them, B) drop them down a hole or c) the phantom sword. you can stun them by shooting them in the back with arrows or slamming them with your hammer.

LOL and I have none of those things... I'm fairly early within the game. I've only beaten 1 boss, and I'm lost in the second part of the water temple, or whatever it's called, coz I can't figure out which switch gets me past the red blocks. I'll figure it out this weekend... I'm pretty sure there's a good walkthrough out there :3 thanks for the hints though!

I use r4 :) It saves me a lot of money! I'm waiting for them to release v1.12 so I can play ben10 but it's taking ages. They haven't updated in almost 5 months!!

Guest taehyunee

^---lol....Im half way through I think(on zelda). I just beat the second(or third?) boss and also just left isle of gust(annoyin piece of *&^*& when the wind blows). Im going back to the temple of the ocean king, but I've been holding it off...cause its getting frustrating for me to go back...but if you just beat the first boss, the only thing you can do is..avoid them?

I use R4, saves me tons of money and I have about 15 games on there right now.

anybody know if there's ds game of mahjong? not the..stacky pyramid version you can play on msn, but the actual real chinese mahjong. I got my mom hooked on tetris, and I think she'd like to play some mahjong. hahaha. also, is there any ds out there that teaches japanese?

Guest HeartOfRose

Anyone else use R4? Or is such talk not appreciated?

I just got it real cheap somewhere, but I'm really liking it, it's easy to use and I can have like 60 games on one cartridge.

oooh, do tell us where you got it for CHEAP :)

Guest srenity

LOL and I have none of those things... I'm fairly early within the game. I've only beaten 1 boss, and I'm lost in the second part of the water temple, or whatever it's called, coz I can't figure out which switch gets me past the red blocks. I'll figure it out this weekend... I'm pretty sure there's a good walkthrough out there :3 thanks for the hints though!

ah.! that's where i am =]

yeah, like taehyunee said: you just have to get around them without being seen. (as the "power" spirit and celia has mentioned) you can see if they see you by looking up at the map on the top screen. they have a field of vision. but when they see you, run to the nearest "safe" purple area and you're invisible to them.

for the red blocks, (i havent picked it up since i found a way to open that door to the next floor), just use the boomerang around places. that thing is sooo useful right now xD

Guest madeinktown

ah.! that's where i am =]

yeah, like taehyunee said: you just have to get around them without being seen. (as the "power" spirit and celia has mentioned) you can see if they see you by looking up at the map on the top screen. they have a field of vision. but when they see you, run to the nearest "safe" purple area and you're invisible to them.

for the red blocks, (i havent picked it up since i found a way to open that door to the next floor), just use the boomerang around places. that thing is sooo useful right now xD

the phantoms get more annoying as you go. you'll see faster ones and then ones that can teleport. really awesome game though. last three boss fights ruled.

Guest Kazen88

anybody know if there's ds game of mahjong? not the..stacky pyramid version you can play on msn, but the actual real chinese mahjong. I got my mom hooked on tetris, and I think she'd like to play some mahjong. hahaha. also, is there any ds out there that teaches japanese?

There are a couple of DS mahjong games. Just google "DS mahjong". I've only played the Gundam DS Mahjong game so I can't recommend you a good one (you play real Mahjong in the Gundam one too though... it's just silly). There aren't any DS games that will outright teach you Japanese yet. There are a few good dictionaries (Like Sonomama Kanji Rakubiki Jiten -- I actually use this for my Japanese exams), some quiz games that help you remember words, and a whole bunch of games to get you to learn kanji. Nothing much for totally new beginners though.

Guest mnguyen725

wow, i went through and read this whole thread. i learned a lot. I think i'll be getting the r4.

Is Drawn to Life a good game? I was gonna buy it at gamestop I asked the cashier about it and he was like 'aren't you too old to play this game?' i was a little offended and just left. i'm 23... is that too old?!

So, I've read that the PW games are good, ACWW is good, My Sims is good.. has anyone played the resident evil game for ds yet?

Guest srenity

the phantoms get more annoying as you go. you'll see faster ones and then ones that can teleport. really awesome game though. last three boss fights ruled.

i'm sure they get harder, but monchichi said he/she is far early into the game, so i thought you cant really do much but run from them while they're slow :lol:

i've never played any zelda series and the puzzles are so innovative and clever. AND when you start up the game, it gives you an overview and even the person you can talk to to tell you where you're supposed to go next. are all zelda games like this? =] or just this one; i played the wii series (twilight princess i think) and i got stuck since i didnt play for a long while and didnt know what i was supposed to do. (i try to use the gamefaqs minimally so i'd rather not look at it. too hard to look for it anyway because i dont recall ANYTHING that i've done in the game so far :( )

wow, i went through and read this whole thread. i learned a lot. I think i'll be getting the r4.

Is Drawn to Life a good game? I was gonna buy it at gamestop I asked the cashier about it and he was like 'aren't you too old to play this game?' i was a little offended and just left. i'm 23... is that too old?!

So, I've read that the PW games are good, ACWW is good, My Sims is good.. has anyone played the resident evil game for ds yet?

i can see why the cashier told you you may be too old for the game :lol: it IS pretty kiddish and cute i must say. but then again most nintendo games are like this (please dont hurt me everyone!) :sweatingbullets:

i played resident evil for a bit. i couldnt get used to the type of control they use for their heroes/heroine. i heard if you're a fan of the other RE series, you'll really appreciate it.

Guest Take Five

i've never played any zelda series and the puzzles are so innovative and clever. AND when you start up the game, it gives you an overview and even the person you can talk to to tell you where you're supposed to go next. are all zelda games like this? =] or just this one; i played the wii series (twilight princess i think) and i got stuck since i didnt play for a long while and didnt know what i was supposed to do. (i try to use the gamefaqs minimally so i'd rather not look at it. too hard to look for it anyway because i dont recall ANYTHING that i've done in the game so far sad.gif )

yes, they're all like that. the 3d ones anyway, i've never played the 2d ones. the phantom hourglass puzzles are rather simple though(although still pretty interesting). majora's mask is very different though if you ever decide to play it.

Guest taehyunee

^ yeah, cooking mama 2 comes out today. i think my bf's sister already bought it(she loves it). in fact, i will check mine rite now and see if its available for dl yet, haha

kazen88: thanks, I'll make sure to google. I was thinking about the samething with the Japanese, too. just going to wait around and see if anyone comes out with a complete guide.

Archived