Nintendo Ds Thread - Only Talk About Ds Here

InSong

^

there's a mix of puzzle-like-minigame battles as well as just enemies in general. People, monsters, flowers are made out of a "code"... and you can change the make up of things.

There's a bit of thinking involved in mini games. You have to figure out how to produce the desired effect... so I'm not bored yet. It's nothing like harvest moon.

The fighting itself was a bit awkward at first, especially since you hit things with a "x" and "y" not "a" or "b". During battles, I'm fiddling with the codes - you can make enemies have a lower HP by changing their codes - so it's a bit slow. And I keep dying! haha maybe I just suck. HP's quite low for my character.... well at least they start you at where you left all. and you can save anytime you want.

There seems to be a storyline.

If you like RPGs and want something different, check it out.

Gamespot has a good review.

• Replies 4.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest dorkafied!

hopefully this hasnt been asked before, or frequently

for some odd reason the screen for my ds is darker?

Is there anyway how to make it brighter? xD

Guest sungified

^ aw seriously? that sucks. I was thinking someone's gonna sell me stuff so I kept saving items. Might as well sell them now :/

I'm checking out Avalon Code (same makers as Harvest Moon rune factory or something). it's different. An RPG (with real time fighting :D) where you bop ppl in the head with a book to read their "codes". There's a lot of story in it. the MP refilling part is a bit frustrating and I wish I can just use the stylus to move around. But it's interesting.

Try to get as much wood and money and stuff now, because your stuff/property are going to be passed down to your child. I'm just keeping up with the cycle right now so I can get marry and have a girl. I'm so sick of having to play the boy character.

hopefully this hasnt been asked before, or frequently

for some odd reason the screen for my ds is darker?

Is there anyway how to make it brighter? xD

If you're using R4, after the start up menu, go into "Game" and click the little sun icon at the top left corner :)

ninjatown is so addictive. recommending it.

Worrdd! Haha it's so cute too :D

Wait, for real? Gardening Mama? :lol:

haha i cant wait for Gardening Mama too. Think it would be very fun.since i love Cooking Mama 2.

anyway guys have you tried the game Cookie Shop before? Its like you opened up a pastry shop and then you start earning money and your goal is to be the no.1 shop in this mall...its quite fun and addicting.But i upgraded my cupcakes recipe to the Pumpkin cupcake already but i cant find a shop that sells Pumpkin at all and thus i cant make it and add it to my menu. :( Im really sad.lol.

Anyone who knows pls help me! ^^ Thanks a lot! =D

Try to get as much wood and money and stuff now, because your stuff/property are going to be passed down to your child. I'm just keeping up with the cycle right now so I can get marry and have a girl. I'm so sick of having to play the boy character.

Thanks for the advice. I want to play as a girl too... I'm happy that there's a generation 2 in this version.

After playing Avalon code some more:

It's realllly slow. I'm lost in the woods somewhere and can't find my way home. it's not very intuitive.

Guest justwildbeat

anyway guys have you tried the game Cookie Shop before? Its like you opened up a pastry shop and then you start earning money and your goal is to be the no.1 shop in this mall...its quite fun and addicting.But i upgraded my cupcakes recipe to the Pumpkin cupcake already but i cant find a shop that sells Pumpkin at all and thus i cant make it and add it to my menu. :( Im really sad.lol.

Anyone who knows pls help me! ^^ Thanks a lot! =D

Haha I'm playing it as well. Currently working on collecting all of the mini games and recipes. Pumpkins will show up in Crunchy's market in the autumn so either August/September if I remember correctly. After that they'll be available all year round.

Guest dorkafied!

If you're using R4, after the start up menu, go into "Game" and click the little sun icon at the top left corner :)

thanks for the quick reply! x)

i cant wait for gardening mama to come out O:

whenever I try to download "Cookie Shop"

it doesnt work for me for some odd reason? O.o

Haha I'm playing it as well. Currently working on collecting all of the mini games and recipes. Pumpkins will show up in Crunchy's market in the autumn so either August/September if I remember correctly. After that they'll be available all year round.

thank you so much! :] i see. But luckily I'm already in June. and the days passed by at the speed of lightning.:lol:

and if you already reached August or September...O.O then u must be a pro alr.

Guest justwildbeat

^haha actually I finished the entire year already >_> so I'm pretty much continuing the game just to collect all of the recipes and events that I didn't achieve the first time through.

Guest <3goesDOKIDOKI

ive been sooo outta the loop!

has the miles edgeworth: perfect prosecutor game released yet?

& also that one game where you go to wizarding school and learn to be a wizard...

gosh i already forgot the name

i was waiting for an english version of it, i doubt thats out yet

gardening mama game trailer. apparently the game comes out in april

enjoy the engrish praises from mama :] i surely did

Guest tsukushi

^ LOLLL mama's engrish FTW XD

the game seems really cute though ^^

Has anybody played this game called "Simple DS Series Vol.43 The Host Shiyouze! ~DX Night King~" where basically you act as a (guy) host at a PR club and you attract different women by treating them differently? There's a small plot in the game as well and it's bugging me that I cannot unlock the hidden character =.=

Here's the picture of the game cover:

3513.jpg

Guest NO NAME?

anyway guys have you tried the game Cookie Shop before?

I recently started playing this game. I haven't played it long enough yet though. The characters are cute. Thanks for mentioning this game.

does gta chinatown wars not work for any r4 users? it just says it can't access the save data.

Works fine for me. Maybe because I have the pre-patched version.

Has anybody played this game called "Simple DS Series Vol.43 The Host Shiyouze! ~DX Night King~" where basically you act as a (guy) host at a PR club and you attract different women by treating them differently? There's a small plot in the game as well and it's bugging me that I cannot unlock the hidden character =.=

Here's the picture of the game cover:

http://g.imagehost.org/0185/3513.jpg

Oh. I'm curious about that game now. I used to be interested in hosts.

^haha actually I finished the entire year already >_> so I'm pretty much continuing the game just to collect all of the recipes and events that I didn't achieve the first time through.

I see,haha im in October now. i hate how you can only make 2 pastries a day. ><

^ Welcome.:)

and thanks for the Gardening mama trailer!^^

ive been sooo outta the loop!

has the miles edgeworth: perfect prosecutor game released yet?

& also that one game where you go to wizarding school and learn to be a wizard...

gosh i already forgot the name

i was waiting for an english version of it, i doubt thats out yet

gardening mama game trailer. apparently the game comes out in april

enjoy the engrish praises from mama :] i surely did

LOL "OH MAI GUDNESS ME!"

"TERLIFIC!!" HAHAHAHA

Guest SP0NJiE

I just finished "The World Ends With You..."

It was such a fun game >_<

And I'm starting to play Trauma Center: Under the Knife 2 but it's so hard!

Are there any new released games that I could add to my R4 edition? :D

Archived