Song Seung Hun 송승헌

Admin

Guest virgo_star

Hehehehe yea...this is w/e. I know my new name is nothing like the old one but sicne the whole site changed why not my username right? HEhehehe...welcome back everyone!!!!!

hehe... that's great!!!

hugs

kyaaa!! you'v back virgo_star!! welcome back..welcome back...

virgo_star, you made me feel ambarressing, i'm still a new beginner OK??... but, thanks for your wish, I hope I can speak Korean fluently soon..kekekek... :lol:

btw, virgo_star, 2day I'll send you our photos in Jakarta by email...

yes kmm, virgo_star and I met up in Jakarta...soooo greaatt and fun!!

she also had like everything oppa's..., can't imagine how's jealous her husband is..kekekekk... (joke)

yeah v_star told me that u both had met up in BKK. seem that you both had a nice meeting.

she also told me everything about you & 'your experiences'.. waahh so envy you kmm B)

we have big hopes 4 oppa coming back... i guess even if we can say saranghayeo shud b good enough hehe... Thanks 4 d photos... i got it... yea... my husband is jealous but i say that 'ahem, but i married u right???' and that's he was rather pleased... phew!

never mind kmm... as long as we get updates YAY!

hi ladies nice to see all of you here again!!

this is my first post @ the soompi forum 2nd edition

i notice there is no more clan here, well...let's start a new one....

SSH Clan

First President: saranghaeoppa

Current President: dearmau

FISH Guardian: virgo_star

Member:

1) dearmau

2) virgo_star

Countries Represented:

1 Singapore

gee thanks... is it on the clan site already?

could you get our F.I.S.H back???

would like to add 'x dudette' as F.I.S.H Guardian...

pls add Malaysia & USA ...

pls add kmm (Thailand), maymay (Indonesia)... naxareth... takki aniki (sowie... brain slow)

people.. register wooo hooo!!

Wow!!! you had a good time together I wish I could join you gals there kekeke...

Yeah it's really nice when we met up last year but it's only short time

cuz virgo stayed only one night in BKK........

Hahaha so now you know all about my secret...and i wish to have that

great experience again ....eyes to eyes ,face to face and only few people there hahaha ...

yeap, only 1 night but it was excellent with kmm's generous and warm hospitality...

hugs hugs hugs...

postcards from korea:

200510100005_00.jpg

At "A Night With Daisy", a PR event for his much-anticipated upcoming film "Daisy", director Wai Keung Lau (far left) jokes with actor Lee Sung-jae. To their right stand actors Jeon Ji-hyeon and Jung Woo-sung.

200510100007_00.jpg

Former prime minister Goh Kun, hotly tipped as a leading presidential candidate in the next election, attends a traditional ritual held to commemorate twelve Shilla kings with the surname Kim in Gyeongju, the ancient capital of the Shilla kingdom, on Monday. /Yonhap

200510100008_00.jpg

LG Electronics unveils the world’s first digital multimedia broadcasting (DMB) phone with a so-called ‘time machine’ function. While watching the broadcast, users can answer phone calls without worrying about missing important parts as the time-machine function in the phone saves them for replay. The phone will be introduced at the Korea Electronics Show 2005 which opens Tuesday at the Korea International Exhibition Center (KINTEX) in Ilsan, Gyeonggi Province

200510100009_00.jpg

North Korean soldiers parade at celebrations of the 60th anniversary of the North Korean Worker's Party in Pyongyang’s Kim Il-sung Square on Monday before North Korean leader Kim Jong-il accompanied by party, government and military leaders./Video grab from Pyongyang's official Chosun Central TV

Dennis O'Neil - not Just Daniel Henney Mark II

200510100027_00.jpg

"I'd like to be recognized as an actor and a model in my mother's homeland,” says the man who spins on the ground before approaching an unknown woman in the Sky cell phone commercials, and appears with well-known actress Kim Tae-hee as a newly-wed couple in Daewoo Klasse ad's. Known as "Daniel Henney Mark ll," Dennis O'Neil (24) wants it known that he is more than just a pretty face. So before the curiosity aroused by the commercials wanes, MBC in a surprise move cast O'Neil in the lead role of its miniseries "Spy," which hits the airwaves on Nov, landing him in the focus of the entertainment world for the rest of the year. Born to a Korean mother and a former GI father, O'Neil has consolidated his top model status, appearing in 15 commercials across Asia, including Hong Kong, Taiwan and Singapore. Slightly more Asian-looking than his fellow half-Korean star Daniel Henney, O’Neil would prefer it if the two were not lumped together. "Daniel Henney is an excellent model and actor, and I'm grateful to him for in effect opening the door for mixed-race actors in the Korean entertainment industry. But now I'd like to try to find my own image, one that is distinct from his," he says. O'Neil started modeling at the age of 16, but because of his studies was unable to devote all his energy to it. In college he majored in photography, a subject he remains attached to in his spare time. He is thinking about becoming a professional photographer when he retires from the entertainment industry. Standing 1.88 m tall, O’Neal takes pride in his trim, well-toned body ? a reward for the sporting life. “How did you like my tumbling in the cell phone commercial? I did it myself. I’m confident in my athletic abilities because I used to wrestle and play football and martial arts when I was a kid.” Even though he has an “everybody’s sweetheart” look, there is only one woman in his world: the girlfriend waiting for him back in Florida. He said the biggest let-down about working abroad is not being able to see her. She gets mad, he says, but he has no idea what to do about it. It is fortuitous that O’Neil is making his acting debut in a Korean soap, since soaps were his spur into acting. “My mother always used to watch Korean movies and soap operas, so I would watch them with her. Since then I have been slowly drawing closer and closer to my dream of becoming an actor,” he says. He hopes the Korean public will continue to support him.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

'Growth Market!' -- the Musical

200510100004_00.jpg

Over 1 million Koreans have seen a musical this year. Once limited to women in their 20s, the musical-going crowd now includes men and women in their 30s and 40s, and the expansion shows no sign of slowing down. The Top 10 audience magnets between January and Sept. 20 drew a total of 790,500 people. That includes "Phantom of the Opera" with some 195,000 viewers over 98 performances, and "I Love You, You're Perfect, Now Change" with some 100,000. Factoring in "Hedwig and The Angry Inch," which drew some 30,000, and "Aida" which opened last month, musical audiences surpassed 1 million in mid-September. Audiences reached 500,000 in 2001 thanks to the success of "Phantom of the Opera" (240,000), and spiked to 800,000 last year on the back of "Mamma Mia" and "Beauty and the Beast." The Samsung Economic Research Institute’s Ko Jung-min says the musical market should grow to W200 billion (about US$200 million) in sales this year as its audience base expands. That makes the country’s market one of the fastest growing in the world. "Tested Western blockbusters started looking at the Korean market after the 2001 success of ‘Phantom of the Opera,’” says Prof. Won Jong-won of Soonchunhyang University. “The 1 million viewers suggest the Korean market is younger than the Western one, where the audience base is aging, and has great potential."

200510100004_01.jpg

A scene from ‘Phantom of the Opera’

Despite high ticket prices of around W100,000 (US$100), the number of the core fan base of women in their mid-to-late 20s is increasing steadily. The industry believes that is not only because musicals combine the immediacy of the theater with the mass-appeal of movies, but also because musicals are seen as a luxury good, like a foreign handbag. Thus middle-class audiences with purchasing power are also on the increase. Yoon Ho-jin, who produced "The Last Empress," says musicals couldn't succeed without cultivating the middle-aged crowd, who have money to spend. He says the five-day workweek will boost demand for performances and lure more middle-aged people into theaters. According to statistics from the Korean Musical Awards, the only such award group in Korea, the number of musicals performed in Korea increased by more than 50 percent, going from 59 last year to 90 this year. Competition for theater space is growing fiercer. In the case of the Sejong Center for the Performing Arts, 31 musicals applied to use the facility next year. Only two were selected. That was more than triple last year's competition ratio, when 14 musicals applied and three were picked. The boom is not without its side effects. Without venues specializing in musicals where shows can run and run, producers need to make a killing quick, and that is driving up ticket prices for imported blockbusters. Other issues to be tackled are actors doing several performances at once and a lack of fresh, challenging shows.

Salary Negotiators From Hell

When it comes to salary negotiations, experts say some people are especially unpopular with their prospective bosses. They can be divided into three types. The first could be called the North Korean type, an employee who always goes back on the amount initially agreed upon. On top of what they originally demand, such people will cite the company's reputation or lack of job security to keep tacking on more. Even if their talent justifies their demands, employers quickly lose all desire to retain someone whose inconsistency suggests they will be a constant pain in the neck. The second type is the time-waster. Such people keep putting off their reply to avoid committing themselves. They don’t say much at the negotiating table, but at the last moment, when they are supposed to sign the contract, they waver for one reason or another. People in this group are just shopping around, trying out their potential without any determination to change jobs. But they should remember that there is a limit to the patience of personnel officers eager to bring talented people on board. The third type is the liar. People in this group exaggerate their current salary, in what may seem to them an effective way of maximizing their market value. But as often as not the lie comes out, because most companies ask for documentary evidence. Moreover, many personnel officials cross-check all the information they get through headhunters, so lying about salary or work experience is highly likely to backfire.

c: http://english.chosun.com

source: Taiwan Liberty Times

news extracts:

most stars are generally afraid to be enlisted to army for fear of being forgotten. but for SSH.... it is not the

phenomenon. his popularity is rising instead and while he recently spent a quiet birthday in the army, his

fans in Japan celebrated it on a cruise.

divination revealed that his career is expected to flourish especially in the Asia region, and he will have

greater success in overseas markets if future plans are put in place.

it also said that he should not attempt to change styles and should continue with a matured and steady on-

screen personality which will have a lasting effect.

looking at the Hallryu future after SSH's army discharge, he is seen to be the most promising star besides

BYJ. his career has a bright outlook when he is in his thirties.

liberty101005.jpg

Message from SSH to his fans...

from HL by HK

Precious memories on Seung Heon's birthday...

Dear dear friends,

Hi~

Long time no see~~

It's lovely autumn weather today here in Korea.

The sky is clear blue with no clouds at all...

The breeze is blowing soft and fresh...

I love autumn...with full of special gifts from nature...

The most precious gift for us is Seung Heon himself. (^.~)

As you alreay know, we, Honeylang and Honeylang Japan

held a birthday party in Seoul and Tokyo. (*^^*)

We, Honeylang staff joined the Tokyo on 1st Oct. too.

One of my favorites as a staff is to meet another gorgeous fans

all over the world. I love to share same precious feelings about

Seung Heon with other fans. This time I also had a great time with

all Honeylang Japan members. To my surprise that, Seung Heon's

great popularity in Japan is getting more and more...than we'd ever

imagined before. The most delighted point is that many fans are attracted

not only by his charming perfect appearance but also by his wonderful

personality. Even though many Japanese fans, unfortunately, didn't have

a single chance to meet Seung Heon in person. But how can they know

Seung Heon's beautiful mind? It's amazing. Seung Heon's difficult

situation since last autumn made him express his real frank attitude

toward life, which moved many people to be his forever fans.

Thanks God to give him and all of us this great opportunity to share

intimate feelings and real life.

Recently Seung Heon delivered his messages that...

"This separation period between me and all my fans...is heartaching but

precious moments to realize each other's importance more than ever...

One year has passed...now we have only one more year...

I hope to meet all of my fans again with full of happiness...

I am looking forward to that very moment!"

He is very sorry not to be allowed to write his message directly here

so he wanted us to deliver his messages...

Dear dear friends,

Until win...it's not over(*^^*)

Gogo~~until we have our Honey back again happily and beautifully.

Enjoy this beautiful season with us~!!!

Updated Oct.11,2005 18:17 KST

Korean Waves Stars Shine More Brightly in Japan

What do Bae Yong-joon, Ryu Si-won, Lee Byung-hun, Song Seung-heon and Park Yong-ha have in common? They are more popular in Japan than on their home turf in Korea. The box office record of Bae’s latest movie “April Snow” clearly shows the difference. In Japan, the movie drew 1 million viewers within 12 days, breaking the island country’s record for the fastest Korean film to reach that number, and is tipped to become the first Korean movie to lure more than 2 million. In Korea, by contrast, it was something of a flop, with only 806,700 people watching it in the three weeks between its release and Sept. 28.

200510110003_01.jpg

From left: Bae Yong-joon, Lee Byung-hun, and Ryu Si-won

For a long time, Caucasian or Hispanic models and actors sated the thirst for the exotic in Japan. Now, it seems, Korean actors are doing the job. A Japanese columnist says Bae’s Western facial features, dazzling smile and soft voice and Choi Ji-woo’s fair skin and height make them seem as alien as if they are from Mars -- and that is what makes them attractive. Korean viewers are a little more demanding of their own stars, looking for acting skill as well as a pretty face. A producer of TV soap operas with MBC said a handsome ham will be castigated for not being able to act in Korea, but in Japan, the dubbing process will supplement his shortcomings.

Middle-aged women are the main consumers of the Korean Wave in Japan, and they find the boy-meets-girl stories they enjoyed when they were young in the 1970s in “Winter Sonata,” the soap featuring Bae that started it all. Kim Young-deok, a researcher with the Korean Broadcasting Institute, says it is hard for Japanese women to find the kind of romantic male lead Bae represents among Japanese actors. Also, Korean soaps emphasize fantasy and wish-fulfillment, which are more appealing to the demographic than the grittier Japanese-made soaps.

Bae’s costars -- and their costars in turn -- have benefited from the man’s popularity. Both Park Yong-ha and Choi Ji-woo were part of the cast of “Winter Sonata,” and the popularity of Lee Byung-hun in Japan started to soar after he starred in “Everybody Has Secrets” with Choi. Bae’s films and TV dramas thus serve as a veritable gateway to Japanese fame. Chae Ji-young from the Korea Culture and Tourism Policy Institute says as some Hollywood stars found a niche in Asia that extended their career span, Korean actors are finding a niche in Japan.

Source: Digital Chosunilbo

http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0510110003.html

^ Reposted from the News Thread, courtesy of our honourary F.I.S.H member, rubie. <3

Here's an old pc of interview of Song and Jung while shooting the movie "The Guy Was Cool 그놈은 멋있었다"

173421_sc447[W500-].jpg

THE GUYS WERE REALLY COOL! SONG SEUNG-HUN & JUNG DA-BIN

What would you do if a cool guy you happened to kiss by accident proposed you? Well, a lucky girl named Jung Da-bin happens to kiss the best face, Song Seung-hun, in the movie The Guy Was Cool그놈은 멋있었다 and Song holds her responsible for the kissing because it was his first kiss. When Jung's character meets Song's character, her life changes dramatically. Their love story is fun to watch. This movie is adapted from the Internet novel, which was written by Guiyeoni귀여니. It is her first novel to be adapted as a movie, and the book speaks for both the teenagers’ cultural code and trends such as "the best face syndrome" or "emoticons." This story gained tremendous popularity among netizens first, and then finally appeared on big screen. So, what makes people so crazy about The Guy?

Q : What was it like filming the movie?

Jung: It took us eight months to make this movie. It was a quite long time, but it seemed like eight weeks for me because I really enjoyed making the film. It is my first movie, and I'm very excited.

Song: It's my first time filming this many action sequences. I used to act very gentle and tender characters, but you can see a different side of me in this movie.

Q : Could you introduce your characters for us?

Song: My character, Ji Eun-sung, is the so-called "best face얼짱," and many girls admire him. He looks very bold, but he is very weak on the inside. He pretends to be strong and powerful, but he has experienced heartache. I sympathize with him. He arouses maternal love. And I think that makes him attractive.

Jung: I portrayed Han Ye-won, who is a plain high school girl. She is neither pretty nor special. However, her life changes when she meet Ji Eun-sung. She faces many difficulties because of him, but she loves him with all her heart. Ye-won has a pure mind.

Q: Both of you have portrayed high school students realistically in this film. Could you tell us about your own high school days?

Jung: I was an ordinary girl who loved to hang out with friends. I was such a good student, I think. But I was late for school very often.

Song: Unlike my character, I behaved myself. And I didn't cause any trouble. Probably nobody could imagine that I would be an actor at that time. I was an introvert and very quiet.

Q : Many people say this story is somewhat puerile. Do you agree with them?

Song: Actually, when I read the novel for the first time, I also thought it was a little childish. Maybe it's because I read the story from an adult's viewpoint. But the story arouses teens' sympathy. That means these characters and stories are true to them. You know, all stories don't have to be serious. Sometimes, we need a light novel that we can enjoy reading.

Q : Miss Jung, your singing and dancing were very impressive.

Jung: It was the hardest scene! What I hate the most in the world is dancing. I'm really poor at dancing. So it was a very tough job for me. Moreover, I had to sing a very funny song entitled "Jjambbong짬뽕." Can you imagine how desperate I was? The director asked me to dance and sing bizarrely because I was wearing a bizarre outfit. I wanted to cry. But I'm happy to make people laugh.

Q : Mr. Song, you have portrayed a high school boy, who is about 10 years younger than you. Wasn't it hard?

Song: Many people ask me the same question. To tell you the truth, it wasn't hard at all. I think many people think I'm too old for a high school boy, but playing the role didn't impose a heavy burden on me. But I was worried that I might not portray the "cool guy" well. I tried to act naturally.

Q : What made you decide to play the characters from an Internet-based novel?

Song: One day, I borrowed a book from one of the staff members by chance, and it was The Guy Was Cool. It was so interesting that I finished reading the book within a few hours. And soon, I heard that this novel would be adapted for a movie. I called the director right away and asked him to cast me for the role of Ji Eun-sung. I really loved his peculiar character. Besides, I was seeking variety, and the role was the answer for me.

Jung: I'm a big fan of Guiyeoni. So I read all of her novels, and my favorite book was The Guy Was Cool. I vaguely thought it would be great if this book would be adapted for a movie. But it did become a movie, and the director suggested me for the lead role. I was very surprised at the news. I guess if you wish hard enough, your dreams will come true.

credit : Kr.Blog.Yahoo - Staff reporter Baek Yoon-jung (cutejulia@teentimes.org)

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

some cool screencaps from my fave movie "He was Cool" by boonerbone.

2a.jpg

3.jpg

4b.jpg

6.jpg

11.jpg

29.jpg

30.jpg

39.jpg

40.jpg

41b.jpg

41c.jpg

43.jpg